Biggs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
In a cut scene we see luke talk to biggs . This is not on the dvd or vhs did this guy drop out of the movie ? we dont see him in any of the three movies .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEPQ9OYOPnU

queeq
We do. He's in ANH, he's in Luke's winggroup. The guy with the moustache and the yellow-black checkered helmet. In de SE DVD they meet in the hangar on the Yavin moon.
Plus Luke mentions him in the convo with his uncle.

coolmovies
Ohh ya i forgot good thing GL cut that scene out i didnt like it

queeq
The acting was pretty bad.

JediRobin23
good thing they cut this seen. They seem kinda gay

Although, I thought the hole purpose of the special edition was put put this stuff in. No even SE worthy. maybe in the next super special edition in 20 years time

queeq
No, the purpose of the SE is to make the OT closer to GL version. So everything he put in extra (old or new) was what he felt made the movie better. I don't think this scene will ever be included because it will slow down the beginning of ANH considerable. It will certainly not improve ANH.

vintageSW77
true it would slow things down but after the drag that is the first 15mins of TPM,the never ending rescue of Palps and the pointless trip to Kashyyk in EP3 i believe we will get the whole Koo Stark,Biggs and the treadwell droid scene put back in ANH one day
after the PT Lucas' need to keep things zippy seems to have waned

queeq
I doubt it. If he'd wanted the Biggs=Luke scene on Tatooine back, he would have done so already. I think I read something about it, not sure, but I vaguely remember Lucas saying at the time or around the SE's that it slowed down the beginning. And that it didn't work, it took away the attention of the baddies and made everything happening on the Tantive IV somehwat irrelevant, while it was crucial.

vintageSW77
yip but also he did say the OOT would never see the light again and it came out twice on dvd last year
AND he said he was finished with SW after ROTS
i hope he puts it back in
and ill bet my mint Yak face he will one day
theres a shit load of $$$ to be made off people wanting to see sandstorms,wampa attacks and old ladies being nearly nocked down by landspeeders

queeq
Hence the two tv series.
First he's gonna be cashing in with the Young Indy dvd's and than Sw on tv and afterwards on DVD and DVD SE's and DVD Mega boxes with all SW up until a certain point. After which he releases a new series... etc. etc... We'll be beggars for the rest of our lives.

Lord Knightfa11
hmm i dont think this was gay at all... (I am one of the straightest guys youll ever meet) I really think this was really two best freinds saying goodbye, like frat bros getting serious. I mean I talked kinda sad and "im gonna miss u" when my best freind moved to missouri to the land of the hillbilly...

Lord Knightfa11
and you would defenitely talk this way if your best freind was going off to die in a lost cause...

queeq
And your point is? That the acting is fine?

General G
It sounds like...his point would be that he isn't gay and that they were just sad to see each other leave...

queeq
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.