The Happening

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gannon
M. Night Shyamalan's new movie.

Trailer

Looks creepy.

Member.
The Happening is a paranormal thriller in which a family must survive a global environmental crisis. The film will portray the earth's plants unleashing airborne neurotoxins that cause people to commit violent suicide. Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel star as an estranged couple who must escape this apocalyptic epidemic.

taken from wikipedia, guess global warming isn't the only issue =P

ragesRemorse
i'm really looking forward to this movie. Although, the end of the world thing is kind is getting a bit tired as of late. I'm always excited to hear that shyamalan is releasing a new movie. I thoroughly enjoyed all of his movies, other than the village.

Even as a big fan of night, i have to admit, this concept sounds a bit crap...,almost,as if he is reaching. I will still be seeing it. He is a great director, and hopefully the plot turns out to be a bit different than what is known about it, or there is some kind of twist.

JediSamuraiMRB
Lady in the Water stunk up the place. This may be another film like that, but I'll free this at a free screening.

ragesRemorse
man, i liked lady in the water. Thought it was a great contemporary fairy tale

Mairuzu
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
man, i liked lady in the water. Thought it was a great contemporary fairy tale i liked it a lot as well confused

faithxp
I've a lot about The Lady in the Water but I haven't watch it yet.,

D-Wag
The Happening

M. Night. Shyamalan

Clicky Here

Looks weird, but could be an interesting movie. I didn't do any research, just watched the trailer, but is it the bees attacking people?

Myth
I don't think it is bees attacking people. I think people are just dying off (or disappearing) like the bees did. I don't know why though. It looks intriguing.

Darth Vicious
It looks very interesting but then again so did The Village and Lady in The Water. This one seems better though.

BackFire
Eh. I've lost some faith in M. Night. The Village was garbage, Lady in the Water was kinda decent, but really silly.

I'll see this. Just so long as the villain isn't some retard in a furry suit.

Myth
Originally posted by BackFire

Ah, too bad. That is exactly what happens in this movie. eek!

Mairuzu
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t477225.html

Its only a few posts down... how could you miss it

especially you backfire uhuh

Mairuzu
Rent it :P

JediSamuraiMRB
I've seen another trailer for this. Still want to believe that this well be better than Lady in the Water. The story for this seems fair. Hopefully the acting will be good also.

Mairuzu
It has Mark walberg eek! it has to be stick out tongue

Quiero Mota
He needs to give up on making movies. The Sixth Sense was excellent, everything else sucks.

Mairuzu
Well its a matter of opinion, cause i liked every movie

steverules
Sounds like a lovely family film

BackFire
I liked Unbreakable and love Signs.

Sixth Sense is decent but overrated.

jaden101
I liked Unbreakable and love Signs.

Sixth Sense is decent but overrated.

yeah i'm pretty much the same...haven't seen lady in the water yet....AND THE VILLAGE MUST DDDIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MildPossession
I must be the only one who enjoyed The Village...

Mark Question
Checked this trailer the other night, it looks interesting.

Gannon
Originally posted by MildPossession
I must be the only one who enjoyed The Village...
I liked it a lot too. It was much better the second time cause i knew what to expect.

The way they advertised it is what killed it for the majority, IMO.

MildPossession
I ignored most of the advertising for The Village, so that probably helped.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Game, set, and match.

I hope it's a frog in a tree suit.

"Don't any of you care about what happened to the bees?"

BackFire
hahaha

Impediment
Global threat + mass hysteria + people dying = another boring M. Night movie.

Rajendra
I like the Eye one and two, six sense are good also and The Ring and The Grudge.

MildPossession
He didn't make The Eye 1 and 2, The Ring, or The Grudge...

Gannon
New Trailer

Toku King
Another biological warfare film. Wow. How original.

WrathfulDwarf
Could someone just tell me the twist so I can skip it.

MildPossession
I don't think there is a big twist in this one. Apparently.

I didn't know it was warfare, thought it was a natural element of plants releasing some sort of toxin that is making people kill themselves , something like that I read.

jaden101
one of the trailers almost shows the trees to be sentient...as if the toxins are somehow a deliberate fight back by mother nature against humanity...

H. S. 6
Seems interesting, but after Lady in the Water, I'm a bit wary...

WrathfulDwarf
New trailer

hGWNxvJ_EvY

S_D_J
Direct download link (if anyone is interested)

480p (47mb)
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?sid=63783147&sdm=web&pt=rd
720p (120mb)
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?sid=63783151&sdm=web&pt=rd

note: right click, save as, change name from makeplaylist.dll to happening.mov

ragesRemorse
I liked sixth sense, loved unbreakable and signs and greatly enjoyed lady in the water, but this one looks a little dry.

SkinWalker
I mildly enjoyed The Sixth Sense and Lady in the Water
I haven't seen Unbreakable
The Village bored me to death.
Signs was awesome.
I'm looking forward to this one because of M. Night, but mostly because of Zooey Deschanel.

ragesRemorse
i used to like her until i watched the tin man

BackFire
I don't think there is a big twist in this one. Apparently.

I didn't know it was warfare, thought it was a natural element of plants releasing some sort of toxin that is making people kill themselves , something like that I read.

I heard that, too.

But, it sounds too retarded to be legit, I thought the person who posted that when I saw it was joking around, but I thought the same thing when I heard the twist to The Village and it ended up being for real. If that's actually the twist, realization, whatever, then that's the worst one yet.

ragesRemorse
I heard that, too.

But, it sounds too retarded to be legit, I thought the person who posted that when I saw it was joking around, but I thought the same thing when I heard the twist to The Village and it ended up being for real. If that's actually the twist, realization, whatever, then that's the worst one yet.

all spoilers i have seen on the net say exactly that though
I've also read that the ending is predictable because its not. Much like the recent stephen king movie

If it does end up being true. The ridiculousness reminds me of the family guy episode where stephen king is in the publishers office and the publisher asks him about his next book and king thinks for a moment only to to pick up a lamp from the publishers desk and say that his next book is about killer lamps

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
New trailer

hGWNxvJ_EvY

I hope this movie isn't gonna be a repeat of The Village; a lot of hype and secrecy, and then the movie is a disappointment. I remember in the weeks before it came out, the various cast-members were promoting it on Leno and Letterman and said that they signed a contract of secrecy and they'd be fined millions of dollars if they leaked anything. So after all the anticipation, the big secret of the village turned out that it was a living history exhibit, and the monsters reminded me of Jabba the Hut's pig guards.

----

On a sidenote, the FLDS polygamist ranch in Texas reminds me of The Village.

MildPossession
I don't think it's the thing I mentioned in the spoilers? I mean I've never seen plants bang on houses/walls...

I read another thing somewhere that it might be the religious element of RAPTURE

WrathfulDwarf
The Village is pretty much like some people hate it others like it. I found myself quite interested on the story and idea behind the movie. Although, I can see why people didn't like the movie...no big twist or great climax ending....thus the movie sucks. But we can't blame the audience..that's the studio fault for advertising the film as a horror movie rather than social commentary with suspense.

Quiero Mota
Social commentary?

ragesRemorse
I don't think it's the thing I mentioned in the spoilers? I mean I've never seen plants bang on houses/walls...

I read another thing somewhere that it might be the religious element of RAPTURE

the second seems a bit to predictable. I hope thats what it is about though, and not the first possibility.

Quiero Mota
M. Night Shyamalan's Christian?

BackFire
The Village is pretty much like some people hate it others like it. I found myself quite interested on the story and idea behind the movie. Although, I can see why people didn't like the movie...no big twist or great climax ending....thus the movie sucks. But we can't blame the audience..that's the studio fault for advertising the film as a horror movie rather than social commentary with suspense.

Also the villain was a retard in a costume.

ragesRemorse
you ever notice that the blind girl in the village had some good vision ?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Social commentary?

Yeah, there is a social commentary in the film. Some people took it as a post 9/11 America others (like myself) interpret the film as illustration of what a utopia would look like in our modern day. Whereas some took it as tribute to the Amish.

Help yourself to whichever one you like. wink

ragesRemorse
and here i thought he was just reading Wuthering Hieghts to much while trying to write a new scary movie

Quiero Mota
Also the villain was a retard in a costume.

That was the icing on the cake of the movie's disappointment; the villain was literally a retard in a costume. How did he go from The Pianist to that?

Yeah, there is a social commentary in the film. Some people took it as a post 9/11 America others (like myself) interpret the film as illustration of what a utopia would look like in our modern day. Whereas some took it as tribute to the Amish.

Help yourself to whichever one you like. wink

I don't think it was any of those. I think it was just another one of his movies that was meant to be scary. I've seen all his movies, and I didn't get the feeling that any of them had an underlying message; just entertainment for the sake of it.

=Tired Hiker=
I heard that at the end of this movie it turns out they are all asleep in the future!

WrathfulDwarf

I don't think it was any of those. I think it was just another one of his movies that was meant to be scary. I've seen all his movies, and I didn't get the feeling that any of them had an underlying message; just entertainment for the sake of it.

Well...that's just us movie geeks seeking deeper meaning. stick out tongue

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, man...After watching that last trailer, it's f*cking killer trees, man...It's ****ing killer trees...

Some 'nature fights back' bullshit. F*ck. I had such high hopes for Mr. Man...

That was the icing on the cake of the movie's disappointment; the villain was literally a retard in a costume. How did he go from The Pianist to that?

What? 'The Pianist'...What?

BruceSkywalker
I hope this is better than Lady in the Water even though I like Bryce Howard. Mark Wahlberg is an interesting choice for this kind of role.

Darth Vicious
It seems the plants got tired of the humans and release toxins that make people kill each other( like it was said already). After reading this article, all desire to watch this movie has faded.

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/reviews/article.asp?aid=7903&tcid=1

MildPossession
Oh dear. I am interested in the architecture part though.

GGS
I heard it was a Adam and Eve kind of storyline set up where mother nature kills all of earth except for a few and at the end they realise they have to start again like humanity is given a second chance through them to start again after learning the hard way not to mess with mother nature or harm the earth so badly again

Röland
Here are two new red-band trailers.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/two-red-band-internet-trailers-for-the-happening

H. S. 6
If what I just read about the movie is true (and I'm fairly sure it is), I'm going to go see this movie just to laugh at how incredibly silly it is.

MovieRose0101
The Happening is a paranormal thriller in which a family must survive a global environmental crisis. The film will portray the earth's vegetation unleashing airborne neurotoxins that cause all those who breathe it to commit violent suicide. The protagonist, a science teacher named Elliot Moore (Mark Wahlberg), goes on the run with his estranged wife (Zooey Deschanel) and friends as hysteria grips the planet.

The trailer looks awsome, but the description sounds kind of. . . . well. .
IFFY.

What do you think? Worth seeing? Not worth seeing? Load of crap?

casper_rific
I saw the trailer and I have to agree it was real awesome... I really can't wait for the movie to come out.. There are really many movies like these already but still each of them are really interesting..

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Contender for worst movie of the year?

MildPossession
Wow, how hard is it to scroll down the list of topics...

You beat me to it.

MovieRose0101
There's already a topic on the movie? Hmm, I must have missed it. I looked but didn't see one so I posted this. Thanks for letting me know.

Wittig
Yup i'm seein it.

ragesRemorse
I like M. Night very much, but if the unanimous spoilers on the net are true it may be a bit weak, especially if it is a typical ending where everyone dies.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
It looks very interesting but then again so did The Village and Lady in The Water. This one seems better though.

Yeah good point,so did signs.Yeah it looks interesting from the previews and makes me want to see it but like you said,The Village did as well and so did Signs.Havent seen The Lady in The water but The Village was boring and Signs was god awful.Worst movie of the year I would go as far as saying

Mr Parker
Eh. I've lost some faith in M. Night. The Village was garbage, Lady in the Water was kinda decent, but really silly.

Yeah same here as well.I also have lost faith in M. Night.The Village was extremely boring and Signs I think is worse.Signs for me is the one I would go and say was garbage.I dont think I can ever recall seeing a movie Mel Gibson was in that I didnt like so thats saying a lot about M Night making a movie that Mel was in that I hated.Normally I would say-well it wasnt the directors fault,he was just working with what was given to him with the screenplay but Night I believe writes the screenplays for his movies and hearing that people hated The Lady in The Water like I hated Signs and seeing how The Village sucked,Night is the one to blame for churning out so many bad movies.Still it looks interesting,maybe he'll surprise me this ONE time and finally make a good flick.I'll just have to wait and see.

BackFire
Well, I really liked Signs, personally. I think it's his best film.

Mr Parker
well Im glad YOU liked it.For me it would be much too soon to ever see it again.

WrathfulDwarf
Uh-oh!

The critics are not giving M Night any breaks. I guess they still feel insulted for M. Night mocking them in Lady in the Water.ermm

I guess is pretty much confirmed...

Trees kill people in this movie

Mr Parker
cant blame them.come to think of it thats WHY I skipped that movie cause after I saw that pitiful Signs movie and the incredibly boring The Village,I now remember thats why I missed it was because when I saw he was the director i said to myself-No thanks,I think I'll stay away from this one since M Night is the director.I have seen two of his movies and they both were horrible.

I think i will do with this movie what I do with others that I want to see but dont want to pay money to see.Pay to see a movie that I have seen that I really liked,watch it,then pop in to the other theatre after that movie is over and see it as well for free.

MildPossession
I enjoyed Signs also, and The Village is probably my favourite film from the director. The Happening will be a dvd wait for me though.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I enjoyed Signs also, and The Village is probably my favourite film from the director. The Happening will be a dvd wait for me though.

Signs was alright until it went all cheapo at the end. It should have ended with the knock on the door of the cellar. As for The Village...Are. You. Joking. Question. Mark. That was a pile of stinking, rotten, putrid garbage.

The Happening looks to be a joke of a movie, too. Wahlberg seems to be acting as a parody of someone who cares.

MildPossession
No, it's my favourite. Did you expect a scary 'horror' film because of the rubbish advertising for the film? or do you just think it was 'putrid garbage' full stop?

I liked Signs but prefered Sixth Sense over it.

SpaceMonkey
Wow... the critics are raping this movie! LOL

WrathfulDwarf
I'm not trying to defend M. Night here....but it does feel like if the critics have a vendetta directed at him.

M. Night movies aren't some great masterpieces. They're just suspense/mystery flicks.

I mean...M. Night is not Uwe Boll...so maybe the critics should rather judge the work not the ego of the director.

BackFire
No, it's my favourite. Did you expect a scary 'horror' film because of the rubbish advertising for the film? or do you just think it was 'putrid garbage' full stop?

I liked Signs but prefered Sixth Sense over it.

For me it was both. I expected monsters, instead of old people and retards in furry suits.

And the plot twist was incredibly juvenile and weak. Ebert hit it right on the head when he called the twist "One step in the narrative ladder above 'it was all a dream'".

Darth Vicious

MildPossession
It's not getting very good reviews here in the UK, most places have awarded it a turkey or one star out of five... and say the acting and script are terrible. Someone did say it was an improvement over Lady in the Water but he gave it two stars.

FistOfThe North
Just came back from "The Happening".

Man o man. The perfect word to describe this movie is "bizarre". I left with a mental "wtf?" in my head, but with a smile. My girl thought it was "horrible/retarded".

I told her that i think it may've had a subtle environmental message. The movie brings it up as well. In other words, Earth is telling us to stop abusing her or she'll abuse you back 10x's, i dunno.

There were some semi funny parts, dialouge-wise. But it was weird funny. Like the people in it were crazy paranoid and mad obvious with situations so much so that one could only laugh.

It held me in suspense for the most part. M. Night's had better movies. This one falls along the lines of "Lady in the Water".

What ever happened to the old M. Night with the shocker endings! We miss him. We can only wish and hope that that version will return, hopefully by his next movie.

4/10

ragesRemorse
What is wrong with lady in the water?

Wittig

Röland
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
What ever happened to the old M. Night with the shocker endings! We miss him. We can only wish and hope that that version will return, hopefully by his next movie.
His twist endings never went anywhere, they just got lamer.

Darth Vicious
This was the biggest piece of crap Ive seen this year. This movie was shit, not THE shit, simply shit. I was hoping the twist would be that the old lady turned out to be mother nature and she was having the plants kill everybody. Not even that. I rather watch The Village back to back any day!

Any credibility that M.Night had went away with this crap fest.

ragesRemorse
when you go into a movie expecting a twist, the movie has already been compromised for you. When Night doesnt have twists in his films he is criticized for not having any. When he does have twists in his movies, he is criticized for them not surprising people. Expecting a twist already takes away from any surprise that could come from a twist.

The happening, however, was a bad movie. It wasn't a horrible movie. Like, the village, it just wasn't very interesting and the ending was all to predictable and preachy. I still like Night and think he is a talented Director, but there wasn't much point to the happening.

BackFire
WOW! What a horrible movie! I am stunned that M. Night made this. Even the other movies of his that I haven't liked have at least been competant and fairly well acted and flowed decently, this thing felt like it was made by a retard. The acting was some of the worst I've ever seen, the script and dialogue in particular was laughable, and the twist was stupid as shit. Stay the **** away from this movie! Stay far away, this things a disaster. It was as if the movie was a self parody, but didn't know it. M. Night has officially jumped the shark.

Darth Vicious
when you go into a movie expecting a twist, the movie has already been compromised for you. When Night doesnt have twists in his films he is criticized for not having any. When he does have twists in his movies, he is criticized for them not surprising people. Expecting a twist already takes away from any surprise that could come from a twist.

When I went in, I didnt really care for a twist but as time went on, I wanted one to save the f*ing film for me. I was falling asleep watching this shit.

WOW! What a horrible movie! I am stunned that M. Night made this. Even the other movies of his that I haven't liked have at least been competant and fairly well acted and flowed decently, this thing felt like it was made by a retard. The acting was some of the worst I've ever seen, the script and dialogue in particular was laughable, and the twist was stupid as shit. Stay the **** away from this movie! Stay far away, this things a disaster. It was as if the movie was a self parody, but didn't know it. M. Night has officially jumped the shark.

Listen to the man, he knows what he talking about! That gurl(Zooey Deuchebag,whatever her name is) looked retarded as f**k. Most of her lines were retarded. Even Marky Mark who I enjoy, was just atrocious in this movie.

H. S. 6

M. Night cast himself as the writer who would lead the salvation of all humanity.

And that isn't the only thing wrong with it (far from it), just the most obnoxiously conceited part of it.

MildPossession
No, that would just be stupid...

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Haha, I thought it looked like a stinker after that first trailer. Did you laugh when Wahlberg said that line about the bees? "Doesn't anyone care about the bees?" Hahahaha... "Doesn't anyone care about the bees?" Hahahahaaha... "Doesn't anyone care about the bees?" Hahaha, etc.

It's shame about ol' Night. His first two movies were great, but it's been down hill since then.

Darth Vicious
No, that would just be stupid...

It wouldnt have made the movie any worse.

Robtard
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Haha, I thought it looked like a stinker after that first trailer. Did you laugh when Wahlberg said that line about the bees? "Doesn't anyone care about the bees?" Hahahaha... "Doesn't anyone care about the bees?" Hahahahaaha... "Doesn't anyone care about the bees?" Hahaha, etc.

It's shame about ol' Night. His first two movies were great, but it's been down hill since then.

Well, Bees do pollinate many of the fruits and vegetables we eat, it could have been a selfish stance Wahlberg was taking.

I'm going to see this tonight, crap.

zbucsz
i didnt think it was that bad of a movie i just hate it sometimes when they leave you with no ending

BackFire

He had a bunch of unintentionally funny lines. The role just wasn't meant for him, he tried to act too nice and it just came off and goofy.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Robtard
Well, Bees do pollinate many of the fruits and vegetables we eat, it could have been a selfish stance Wahlberg was taking.

Eh?

Robtard
Eh?

Because of Wahlberg's love of salads and whatnot.

Toku King
The moment I saw the first trailer, I knew how bad it was going to be, so I'm skipping this one.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by H. S. 6
M. Night cast himself as the writer who would lead the salvation of all humanity.

And that isn't the only thing wrong with it (far from it), just the most obnoxiously conceited part of it.

I thought he played that role well. I just assume he had a very specific vision of that character which he thought would be best acted by himself. I can see where you're coming from. I guess, i dont mind his acting, in minor roles.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Robtard
Because of Wahlberg's love of salads and whatnot.

Ah.

Mairuzu
He had a bunch of unintentionally funny lines. The role just wasn't meant for him, he tried to act too nice and it just came off and goofy. lol, have you seen the big hit?

SpaceMonkey
This movie was trash. I could have watched Hulk a second time instead of wasting 2 hours of my life. The acting was bad all-around. The writing was terrible. The suicide scenes were the only cool part, and those were only OK.

Toku King
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
The suicide scenes were the only cool part

Gruesome, aren't you?

SpaceMonkey
Yes, well, I am horrible. evil face

Toku King
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Yes, well, I am horrible. evil face

Burn the witch!

=Tired Hiker=
My friend called me when I was waiting for HULK to start, he was like, "Don't go see The Happening. It sucked."

D-Wag
I didn't see M. Night in the film. Did he have a minor role that I missed?

Mairuzu
Maybe he didn't want to be seen in such a crap movie?

making is was bad enough

Robtard
Shyamalan calls 'The Happening' the best B movie ever.

"No. 1, it's a B movie. This is the best B movie you will ever see, that's it. That's what this is. If there's other things that stick to your ribs as you walk out, that's great, but it's supposed to be, you know, zombies eating flesh." - Shyamalan

Personally, I think he's reaching and trying to save face.

Mairuzu
agreed

MildPossession
I think he is a voice on the other end of a phone conversation.

Selphie
Saw it today. Wasn't the greatest movie ever, but shit, it wasn't terrible.

Why are you guys expecting so much from a movie anymore?

Don't go to this movie taking it completely serious, it's a fun movie, laugh!

It's a movie, that you should think about afterwards. Think about if it's trying to relate to anything in our society. Maybe you'll appreciate it more. But those are just my thoughts.

Mairuzu
STAY IN SMALL GROUPS!

OH SHIT THEIR GROUP IS BIG! CYA PEOPLES!

Selphie
Originally posted by Mairuzu
STAY IN SMALL GROUPS!

OH SHIT THEIR GROUP IS BIG! CYA PEOPLES!

Quiet you!

I was aiming for the idea of us being ****ed over, over something we can't control, something we don't understand. We are parasites, feeding off and destroying everything, and what if there is a day when we are that helpless?

Mairuzu
it made its point yea, just not very.... whats the word?

=Tired Hiker=
I'll probably rent the damn thing.

Selphie
Not a bad idea.

Röland
Originally posted by Mairuzu
it made its point yea, just not very.... whats the word?
Good?

=Tired Hiker=
Likable-ish?

Mairuzu
Entertaining

Mairuzu

Robtard
Originally posted by Selphie
Quiet you!

I was aiming for the idea of us being ****ed over, over something we can't control, something we don't understand. We are parasites, feeding off and destroying everything, and what if there is a day when we are that helpless?

Anti-human scum. I'd still **** you though.

A Dose Of Vraya
I thought it was decent. It was actually a little bit disturbing to me, but I can understand where the people who hate it are coming from. Most were expecting more blood since it was his first R rated movie, and I'm just thinking "people really only go to movies for the blood?" I thought it was a good story. I'd put it somwhere in the middle of Shamylan's films.

my list of shamylan from worst to best:
Praying with Anger
The Village
Lady in the Water
Wide Awake
The Happening
Unbreakable
Signs
6th Sense

D-Wag
Never heard of Wide Awake and Praying with Anger, were they good?

ragesRemorse
no

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by A Dose Of Vraya
Most were expecting more blood since it was his first R rated movie

I think that is an incredibly naive statement.

moviebuff1084
The Happening Review ( SPOILER ALERT!!!)

So today i went to see the happening.
Woo hoo new M Night Shyamalan movie or so we thought. The movie was front to end was full of bad acting a crap plot and the dumbest dialog you have ever heard.
There was a great cast including Mark Wahlberg , Zooey Deschanel , & John Leguizamo.
But it did not matter cause they did the worst job you have ever seen just bad bad acting that was just very unbelievable. And dialog throughout the movie was even worse then the acting. They would say things such as "Oh cheese & crackers whats going on here" or "You know what hot dogs have a bad rep i mean whats not to like they have a good shape and they taste great ... do you like hot dogs?"
And they would say all this with a strait face and they also said that it was HAPPENING like 20 times i mean why name drop the movie in the movie.
And then the plot that was all about how plants & trees were putting out a vapor or something that was making people stop whatever they were doing and kill themselves (yeah i would hate to piss off a ficus). And at the end of the movie the coolest part in most M. Night Shyamalan movies it just showed that it was 3 months after the plant riot and showed 2 guys on a news show talking about it.
One guy said why do you think it happend the other guy says i think its because we need to start treating nature better cause we se what it can do when it gets sick of us messing with it... Yeah it was effing message movie i think al gore was involved. Anyway dont waist your movey going to see this in theaters wait till it comes out on DVD and rent it and even then wait till you have a free rental.

badboy7
well i have to say... i've seen this... and found nothing happening.. :P

moviebuff1084
The only thing happening in this movie was the end of M Night Shyamalan's career

WickedDynamite
Caught this one again in Cable tv last night. The second time made me appreciate the story a little bit more than before. Yeah, the acting and dialogue could use a good tune up. For a moment in this film I thought it was Katy Perry (her acting and music are goddam awful) but to my surprise it was another singer chick...not saying much either...

Anywhoo...the first 1/2 hour gets so-so for me. But right about the time they get off the train the suspence comes to play...and I gotta admit it there were moments which were pretty intense...but nothing extreme.

So I'm bumping the rating from 2 out of 5 to.....2 1/2 out of 5. You might enjoy it the second time...only if you're not bore or don't have anything to do but sit down in the couch and be lazy.

Myth
This was one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. Shame, because I use to be a big M. Night fan. But the Village was bad, and Lady in the Water was watchable, but not very good, but this takes the cake. People running from wind AND beating it is f*cking retarded.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.