No more PIS!?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
What would happen if suddenly PIS was banned from comics?

How would they change and could it work? If so would it be for the better/worse, what would they be like afterward IYO?

CaptainStoic
If PIS were to be banned from comics, many of our favorite Super Hero's and Heroines would die. Batman should have died many times but it was PIS that saved him. I think that they should come up with a comic character like Access, and call him PIS.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Entity
What would happen if suddenly PIS was banned from comics?

How would they change and could it work? If so would it be for the better/worse, what would they be like afterward IYO?
You can throw most (if not all) stories involving high-end Cosmics out the window.

grey fox
Comics would suddenly become a hell of a lot more realistic, every time a Superhero fought, hundreds of people would die.

Soljer
Comics would be absolutely terrible. They'd be boring as all hell.

grey fox
Originally posted by Soljer
Comics would be absolutely terrible. They'd be boring as all hell.

Nah.

Mindship
One of the elements to successful storytelling is internal consistency. This is why, eg, though I despise magic in comics, it works so well in, say, something like "Lord of the Rings," because it is faithful to rules established beforehand. Translation: no PIS.

Remove PIS from comics: fanboys will overheat and explode.

llagrok
Too bad the gigantic fog light that is Sauron was useless.

Mindship
Originally posted by llagrok
Too bad the gigantic fog light that is Sauron was useless. I guess you're saying LOTR has its own share of PIS (no doubt, since magic is involved, after all). Still, the more internally consistent a story is (all else being equal), the better the "suspension of disbelief," and I think LOTR does this better than most comics.

SpiderGauntlet
Originally posted by Mr Master
You can throw most (if not all) stories involving high-end Cosmics out the window.

Always about the cosmics? confused

Mak12
Originally posted by SpiderGauntlet
Always about the cosmics? confused It seems to be all he knows.

But most are lame anyway.

Entity
I would just love to see them make a few stories involving big characters, ex Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Ironman... Without all the stupidity.

Maybe I'm just a weirdo that would love to see more realistic comics and heroes.
That's why I love Heroes so much thou I guess, to me its what comics would be if they were real.

Soljer
I would just love to see them make a few stories involving big characters, ex Batman,
Shot and killed on the second page of the first issue.

Spiderman,
Accidentally puts his fist through someone's skull - turns himself in and is imprisoned.

Superman,
One of two things. A) See Spiderman B) Beats every villain in metropolis in the span of three panels, and never need produce another comic again.

Ironman...
Heart stopped. End of issue.

Without all the stupidity.

Maybe I'm just a weirdo that would love to see more realistic comics and heroes.
That's why I love Heroes so much thou I guess, to me its what comics would be if they were real.

I'm all for realism in comics, but PIS is a necessary evil. Without it, we couldn't have reasonably entertaining comics.

grey fox
Too bad the gigantic fog light that is Sauron was useless.

Wrong.

Sauron (whilst lacking a physical form) was still a heavy-hitter. His new form can communicate telepathically, use illusions, has an incredibly wide range, is (technically) indestructible and has a corrupting influence. Add the fact that (in this form) after obtaining 'The Ring' he essentially becomes an 'Evil God' and you have a Shadow King esque creature.

HueyFreeman
Shot and killed on the second page of the first issue.

Accidentally puts his fist through someone's skull - turns himself in and is imprisoned.

One of two things. A) See Spiderman B) Beats every villain in metropolis in the span of three panels, and never need produce another comic again.

Heart stopped. End of issue.

I'm all for realism in comics, but PIS is a necessary evil. Without it, we couldn't have reasonably entertaining comics. Funny comments and I agree Pis is necessary
here are a few others

Magneto kills all the X-men in their first battle against him
Joker is shot in the head
Lex luthor melted by HV
Most of the world is destroyed by the Hulk who seems to destroy a city everytime he is in a comic.

Phantom Zone
Spiderman dies of cancer after getting bitten by a radioactive Spider.
Bruce Banner gets disintegrated in the first issue.
Fantastic Four die of cancer after returning from space.
big grin

Soljer
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Spiderman dies of cancer after getting bitten by a radioactive Spider.
Bruce Banner gets disintegrated in the first issue.
Fantastic Four die of cancer after returning from space.
big grin

Those wouldn't be examples of a lack of PIS, in our sense of terms.

What you named revolves around suspension of disbelief - which is an implied contract whenever you pick up a work of fiction.

Plot induced stupidity, as it were, revolves around vastly contradicting showings. The Flash outracing death to the end of time and being fast enough that, to him, even beings as fast as Superman are simply frozen in time versus....getting stabbed by Deathstroke or tripped by a branch.

Darth Martin
Simply put two things: Alot of superheoes would die(Batman, Captain America, Wolverine) and some heroes would never lose(Superman, Flash, and Silver Surfer.)

Phantom Zone
Those wouldn't be examples of a lack of PIS, in our sense of terms.

What you named revolves around suspension of disbelief - which is an implied contract whenever you pick up a work of fiction.

Plot induced stupidity, as it were, revolves around vastly contradicting showings. The Flash outracing death to the end of time and being fast enough that, to him, even beings as fast as Superman are simply frozen in time versus....getting stabbed by Deathstroke or tripped by a branch.

Ok how does this apply to Batman being shot in the second page of the first issue?

Master-Borg
it would CHANGE comic alot....although not necessarily for the worse

Batman would no longer team up with Superman, he'll stick to Gotham mostly

mostly, you'll see less of interactions between vastly different powerleveled characters

grey fox
I'd love to see a green Metahuman (Arana or Molly) accidentally punch a hole in someone. Really it'd make my day.

Soljer
Originally posted by grey fox
I'd love to see a green Metahuman (Arana or Molly) accidentally punch a hole in someone. Really it'd make my day.

I have to say, it certainly made my day to see Orson Randall punch someone in half. big grin.

grey fox
I have to say, it certainly made my day to see Orson Randall punch someone in half. big grin.

Scan(s) ?

Soljer
Scan(s) ?

It's shadowed - obviously, because of the graphic nature, but it's still pretty cool:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5344/punchmaninhalfiz9.th.jpg

grey fox
Whens the New IF going to TPB ?

I need to pick that up as well as Thor.

Soljer
Whens the New IF going to TPB ?

I need to pick that up as well as Thor.

My apologies, friend, but I have absolutely no idea when it's going to trade.

grey fox
My apologies, friend, but I have absolutely no idea when it's going to trade.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/materiaall/pISSED-1.jpg

Soljer
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/materiaall/pISSED-1.jpg

You should be picking up the issues anyways - the more support it gets, the longer it'll run. smile.

NiņoAraņa
It's shadowed - obviously, because of the graphic nature, but it's still pretty cool:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5344/punchmaninhalfiz9.th.jpg wait. which issue is that?

Soljer

Mr. Slippyfist
Without PIS? Batman would kill Superman in less than the span of an issue.

Soljer
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Without PIS? Batman would kill Superman in less than the span of an issue.

Indeed. Imagine the power of a batkick that wasn't being held back for plot purposes.

eek!.

Mr. Slippyfist
Indeed. Imagine the power of a batkick that wasn't being held back for plot purposes.

eek!. I get the shivers just thinking about it...

Soljer
I get the shivers just thinking about it...

Oh, you.

You know talking about your shivers gets me all excited.

Mr. Slippyfist
Oh, you.

You know talking about your shivers gets me all excited. Penis exited?

Because I get that when we're talking about me getting exited...

Soljer
Penis exited?

Because I get that when we're talking about me getting exited...

Penis exited?

I don't know what that means, but it definitely doesn't sound pleasant. I prefer penis entered.

Mr. Slippyfist
Penis exited?

I don't know what that means, but it definitely doesn't sound pleasant. I prefer penis entered. I was using it as if a penis was getting exited and moving/moved, or possibly standing erect/getting hard...

Is that like when the kids from the Magic School Bus shrink down, and enter someone's penis?

Soljer
I was using it as if a penis was getting exited and moving/moved, or possibly standing erect/getting hard...

Is that like when the kids from the Magic School Bus shrink down, and enter someone's penis?

What can I say? I'm a kinky *****.

batdude123
doh

Darth Martin
Penis exited?

Because I get that when we're talking about me getting exited... whistle

manjaro
PIS we need it......plain and simple. Spiderman....... sure his @sshole-edness cuased his unlce to die, but it would be somthing id be able to get over after a while....after a 2 or 3 yr period of beating myslef id be like pro sports here i come! and the whole thing of him disappreaing as soon as he hears a siren...dont even get me started on that but without the good ol PIS how will ppl like the joker live to kill another after a martial artsing session with batman? jason todd after he got back from the dead broke every single bone in joker's body with a crowbar yet in comic time about 4 to 6 motnhs later he was back at his old routine again....

as for superman....wait a sec, you mean to tell me that alls i gotta do is rub a spit curl in my hair, slump my shoulders a little and put on a pair of glasses and nobody would recognize me?...brillaint!!!!

Entity
Originally posted by manjaro
superman....wait a sec, you mean to tell me that alls i gotta do is rub a spit curl in my hair, slump my shoulders a little and put on a pair of glasses and nobody would recognize me?...brillaint!!!!

Wait you actually mean to tell me the ingeniousness of Kal-El's costume isn't really conceivable unless the entire DCU human race is retarded?

Surely you jest! laughing

manjaro
no my good sir...why with all the alien invasions, and extinction level events earth has experienced, humans havent had enuff time to process minute idiosyncracies of secret IDs like wonderwoman....wait a sec, you mean to tell me that alls i gotta do is take off my bikini and put on a leisure suit and nobody would recognize me?...brilliant!!!

llagrok

Wrong.

Sauron (whilst lacking a physical form) was still a heavy-hitter. His new form can communicate telepathically, use illusions, has an incredibly wide range, is (technically) indestructible and has a corrupting influence. Add the fact that (in this form) after obtaining 'The Ring' he essentially becomes an 'Evil God' and you have a Shadow King esque creature.

I'm fully aware of Sauron's capabilities.

He was still depicted as a freaking fog light in the movies.

grey fox
I'm fully aware of Sauron's capabilities.

He was still depicted as a freaking fog light in the movies.

A fog light that could MIND RAPE !

Bad Ash231
Meh, Sauron was just talk... uhuh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.