Roxas vs Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EvilAngel
Roxas, The Keyblade's Chosen One

PNgZXjwWzyc

cgeUwWzkqSI

VS

Dante, Son of Sparda

1ZYyxK7JQoI

No Time magic
No Soul attacking/stealing

EvilAngel
....No one at all?

Charlotte DeBel
I know next to nothing about Roxas, so I don't post here...

EvilAngel
Tell me about what you think,

I don't really know who'd win IMO it's a 50/50.

Roxas shows perfect control of his weapons and body when surrounded by heartless. Duel weilds keyblades, weapons of huge power. Shows harge AoE attacks in the Sora fight. And those Beam/laser things. Oh and flight

Dante.... welll you know more than i on him.

I just thought this would be good fight... in my head it was good anyway

EvilAngel
When i see Dante from DM4 In the Nero vs Dante Cutscene, i think, yeah he could win.

But EVERY OTHER Dante moment i've seen would get smashed hard, be that gameplay, cutscene from other games or other parts.

Oh yeah, forgot to say, No SS Form, lol that would be an Autowin.

Blax_Hydralisk
Your efforts to keep this alive, are valiant.

I don't know much about Devil May Cry, but from what I've seen, Roxas would win.

MadMel
indeed..

EvilAngel
I'm currently obsessed with The Other Promise (Roxas Boss Battle music)

I'm playing it in the background all the time lately...

Raijin
Originally posted by EvilAngel
When i see Dante from DM4 In the Nero vs Dante Cutscene, i think, yeah he could win.

But EVERY OTHER Dante moment i've seen would get smashed hard, be that gameplay, cutscene from other games or other parts.

Oh yeah, forgot to say, No SS Form, lol that would be an Autowin.
I assume you have yet to play the actual game and that you watched some trailers. I however, have the game and I've played through it and it has the BEST Dante moments so far in the series.

Now, about this fight, I just don't see a inexperienced kid from Kingdom hearts beating a hell of a lot more experienced demon hunter with a ridiculous healing factor, I just don't. Then again, I don't know a lot of his feats.

Charlotte DeBel
Whether Roxas' is so>>>Dante featwise to close the experience gap? He seems like a random manga teenage protagonist to my taste.

In fact, people complaining about Dante we see in the last game don't get two things:
1. he's extremely bored here as there's no good adversaries and no personal interest in the result of the mission.
2. He has always mocked lesser opponents in all games. Since he was confirmed the strongest demonic entity in DMCverse now, he faces no adversaries on his level here.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Raijin
I assume you have yet to play the actual game and that you watched some trailers. I however, have the game and I've played through it and it has the BEST Dante moments so far in the series.

Now, about this fight, I just don't see a inexperienced kid from Kingdom hearts beating a hell of a lot more experienced demon hunter with a ridiculous healing factor, I just don't. Then again, I don't know a lot of his feats.

Yay the thread, she lives big grin

Hm... Inexperienced, True. But Rxoas does show amazing skilled in Deep Dive. It's almost like he knows where all the hearts are gonig to move. Backed up by some nice speed and medium aera sized attacks. Roxas is quite a forminable 'sword' master.

In the video he always used Lazers while fighting, again just a nice little add that makes the fight more interesting.

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Whether Roxas' is so>>>Dante featwise to close the experience gap? He seems like a random manga teenage protagonist to my taste.

In fact, people complaining about Dante we see in the last game don't get two things:
1. he's extremely bored here as there's no good adversaries and no personal interest in the result of the mission.
2. He has always mocked lesser opponents in all games. Since he was confirmed the strongest demonic entity in DMCverse now, he faces no adversaries on his level here.

Roxas has almost no feats lol. Well, he's coming out in a game, so he will soon. But for now we have to go mainly on those two videos. There are some short scenes in Final Mix of his battle with Riku. But theres nothing there we don't see in though videos.

Charlotte DeBel
BTW about lazers...one of the forms the Pandora Box from DMC4 can transform into is a big lazer cannon..

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
BTW about lazers...one of the forms the Pandora Box from DMC4 can transform into is a big lazer cannon..

How big?

Does it have a charge up time or?

Charlotte DeBel
Chargeup time is significant, but beam is pretty huge (the most accurate and powerful thing out of basic Pandora Box moves)...

Raijin
You really don't have to charge it up, it's powerful as it is.

But something I believe would definitely take care of Roxas is the big flying missile launcher form of Pandora (forgot it's real name). That thing fires homing missiles and it ever misses it's target, not even enemies capable of teleportation, such as Frosts.

Charlotte DeBel
Pandora Box
: PF013 - Epidemic: Press Gun when on the ground
Transforms Pandora into a bowgun capable of firing ravaging projectiles. Successful attacks will increase the Disaster Gauge.
Basically fires 3 exploding missiles out of a huge bowgun. Easy for enemies to evade.

PF124 - Hatred: Hold Gun, then move the Move Control in any combination of left and right 3 times.
Transforms Pandora into a bazooka capable of firing ravaging projectiles. Increases the disaster gauge on successful hits(more than PF013 does).
Basically fires 3 larger missiles from a bazooka. Again not very accurate on moving targets.

PF398 - Revenge: After executing Hatred, spin the move control twice in any direction.
Transforms Pandora into a laser cannon and makes foes a distant memory. Successful hits greatly increase the disaster gauge.
Fires a freaking huge laser beam, shoop da woop, ima chargin mah lazur, etc. Does huge damage, builds lots of disaster gauge.

PF262 - Jealousy: In midair, press Gun.
Transform pandora into a gatling gun and rain down a hail of hot lead upon enemies. Successful hits will fill the disaster gauge.(fairly decent amount, not as much as Revenge though). Can Air Hike to do a second time before hitting the ground. Fires a gatling gun for multiple hits at a single target.

Gunslinger Attacks w/ Pandora.

PF594 - Argument: With Pandora Equipped, press Style.
Transform Pandora into a mobile missile battery that fires a barrage of homing missiles. Depletes the Disaster Gauge.
Basically this is the huge hovercraft/missile turret thing in the trailers. Does loads of damage from what I can see, and is extremely accurate(the missiles have good homing ability it seems). Lasts longer the more full the Disaster Gauge is when you activate it.

PF422 - Grief: While on the ground with Pandora equipped, press Lock On+Away+Style.
Transform pandora into a boomerang and bring the terror to your adversaries. Depletes the disaster gauge.
Basically turns pandora into a huge circular bladed boomerang that homes in on the enemy and beats the hell out of it until the gauge runs dry.

PF666 - Omen: While on the ground with pandora equipped press Lock On+Forward+Style.
Open Pandora's Box and damage all surrounding enemies with the flash of a violated taboo. Depletes the disaster gauge.
Does massive damage in a huge area based on how full the gauge is. Totally empties the gauge when you use it.

PF422 requires gunslinger level 3, PF666 requires gunslinger level 4.

EvilAngel
That sounds like a dangerous weapon. Though will he have time to use it?

If you've watch the videos you'll have seen Roxas is a prety darn agile fighter. So maybe there isn't time to us that?

Burning thought
ive been watching those DMC4 vids and he does not seem fast when using various pandora weapons, using the case seems to be just slamming it on the ground or some sort to activate it, and it glows for about a second before transforming into a weapon, but most of the weapons take a fiar amount of time to charge, fire or etc etc, so ime sure most of those Pandora powers are void in the battle if Roxas is fast

EvilAngel
Yeah he's fast, my favourite example is on the first video 4:39 - 4:42. Then Sora wimps out sad

But yeah, the videos are fulls of showings of his speed, skill and agility

Raijin
Originally posted by Burning thought
ive been watching those DMC4 vids and he does not seem fast when using various pandora weapons, using the case seems to be just slamming it on the ground or some sort to activate it, and it glows for about a second before transforming into a weapon, but most of the weapons take a fiar amount of time to charge, fire or etc etc, so ime sure most of those Pandora powers are void in the battle if Roxas is fast Maybe cause his speed is limited by game mechanics, perhaps you've heard of those? Like you, the player, have to insert a command for him to perform different moves, In this case you have to do a combo with the analog stick; like left, right, left. Not only that, you then have to spin the analog stick either counter clockwise or clockwise to whip out the Revenge form, outside gameplay he could do that without all the hassle. And about it needing to charge, it can't and it doesn't need to, I just checked myself.

As for Roxas's speed, Dante's clearly much faster, Roxas's speed is nowhere near bullet dodging and bullet deflecting speeds, nowhere near. This is even demonstrated in one of the trailers (where he wasn't even doing his best). And I really don't see him dealing any lethal damage to Dante either if it'd even get to that, would Roxas survive barrages of homing missiles or even a bullet to the head? I think not.

Burning thought
Maybe cause his speed is limited by game mechanics, perhaps you've heard of those? Like you, the player, have to insert a command for him to perform different moves, In this case you have to do a combo with the analog stick; like left, right, left. Not only that, you then have to spin the analog stick either counter clockwise or clockwise to whip out the Revenge form, outside gameplay he could do that without all the hassle. And about it needing to charge, it can't and it doesn't need to, I just checked myself.

As for Roxas's speed, Dante's clearly much faster, Roxas's speed is nowhere near bullet dodging and bullet deflecting speeds, nowhere near. This is even demonstrated in one of the trailers (where he wasn't even doing his best). And I really don't see him dealing any lethal damage to Dante either if it'd even get to that, would Roxas survive barrages of homing missiles or even a bullet to the head? I think not.

ive not seen any gameplay videos of Dante using Pandoras box so thats out of the question, i was watching the video Charlotte Debel show me in her respect thread, where he slaps it on the ground or it glows to use its power, nothing to do with gameplay mechanics at all, since its not in gameplay, then he takes a while to bring out and summon said weapon or effect, for example the missle launcher took ages to open out, so thats useless, the Boomerang is a lot better and the shoulder mounted launcher but the missles are stilln ot incredibly fast if Roxas is supposedly quick as well

Bullet to the head? ime not sure about that, dont know his powers, if hes got magic then maybe if he can bring up a shield, but not otherwise,the missles hwoever are not incredibly quick if Roxas has anywhere near decent speed

EvilAngel
Hm, In the Roxas boos fight, hes attack rotation speed is suck that it's a blur. I think it wouldn't a be a leap to assume that can block bullets.

I have to say at this point that i feel from what i've seen, Roxas shows more skill with a weapon. Baring that in mind, the fact that he duel wields is what makes me feel he would in in a sword battle.

Burning thought
does he have any powers you think? like magic or sneaky skills to give him a bonus in battle or something?

Dante is pretty powerful ofc so some guy whos quick with a sword is unlikely to get through Dantes healing and durability as well as all his own powers and guns

Raijin
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Hm, In the Roxas boos fight, hes attack rotation speed is suck that it's a blur. I think it wouldn't a be a leap to assume that can block bullets.

I have to say at this point that i feel from what i've seen, Roxas shows more skill with a weapon. Baring that in mind, the fact that he duel wields is what makes me feel he would in in a sword battle. But would he able to do it constantly? Dante's got infinite ammo so I doubt it. Besides, Dante's faced demons far faster than himself, such as those lightning lizards in armour, they controll lightning and can basicaly blink all over the place.

Bear in mind that that's the only weapon Roxas ever weilds and that he has never faced someone weilding guns and devil arms...

Happy b-day, btw.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Burning thought
does he have any powers you think? like magic or sneaky skills to give him a bonus in battle or something?

Dante is pretty powerful ofc so some guy whos quick with a sword is unlikely to get through Dantes healing and durability as well as all his own powers and guns

Well nothing you can't deduct from the battles

He can throw his Keyblades and have them curve in flight, he like Sora can summon them back to him. Notice also when Riku takes one in Deep dive, he summons another, pause it at 2:10 you see he seems to have the Kingdom Key.

In the Boss fight he can make lasers fire down in also a prison like fashion. It could be use to control the movements of an enemy which would be pretty handy. Also note he can fly as shown at 4:31 in the Boss battle video, thus also allowing him to defy gravity in the Deep Dive video.

Apart from that just bare in mind he's an Nobody, like all the others, he can teleport, doesn't seem to get tired, and has outstanding skill with their power. And that he wields the Keyblade, weapons that made Sora Hero across worlds from just a normal kid.

A observation i would like to add is, we see Sora cut through buildings, yet it shows in the video that Roxas is truly beyond Sora, since they wield the same weapon, it's fair to assume Roxas is also a building slicer. That leads me to point out any feat Sora has done with his Keyblade, Roxas, his nobody is also capable of.

EvilAngel
But would he able to do it constantly? Dante's got infinite ammo so I doubt it. Besides, Dante's faced demons far faster than himself, such as those lightning lizards in armour, they controll lightning and can basicaly blink all over the place.

Bear in mind that that's the only weapon Roxas ever weilds and that he has never faced someone weilding guns and devil arms...

Happy b-day, btw.

Is Dante the type to just sit there and shoot forever? I never got that impression.

If that happens then i suppose Roxas could Teleport.

While that may possibly be true, we cannot be certain. Xemnas has them go across worlds to recruit nobodies to their forces and heartless to throw against the Keyblade warriors. Since Squall has a gun-blade we know that technology exists in the KH verse. And it wouldn't be a huge leap to assume Roxas has confronted guns before.

Thank you happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.