Black Canary vs Banshee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

[BAW]Endrict
Who has the better scream?

rougeredmage
Banshee has the second best screem in comics ( after black bolt) i have great faith in the abilityies of banshee and i am sure that he will be back in comics soon..... the one that died in deadly genesis was obviosly a skrull!

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by rougeredmage
Banshee has the second best screem in comics ( after black bolt) i have great faith in the abilityies of banshee and i am sure that he will be back in comics soon..... the one that died in deadly genesis was obviosly a skrull!

Yep... Banshee far outclasses Canary's scream. In peak voice, Sean Cassidy could shatter solid steel with ease, plus he could use his sonics for a greater variety of effects- flying for one, low and high frequency pinpoint control... just all-around better.

Mindship
How does one generate flying from screaming? And is Banshee's voice purely sonic, or "quasi-sonic" like Black Bolt's?

shiv
Banshee for versatility

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by Mindship
How does one generate flying from screaming? And is Banshee's voice purely sonic, or "quasi-sonic" like Black Bolt's?

Well, Marvel was always kind of vague on his flying... at first it was describe as his using powerful, low decibel "energy" to kind of push him up in the air, like levitation. Later on, he was just flat-out flying.

I think that Banshee is like the Ray in DC... the Ray can travel along beams (particles/waves) of light- likewise, I think that Banshee can travel along waves of sound (generated by his scream), and he can control the rate, speed, and direction.
I also think it's quasi-sonic. He has been shown battering Magneto's force fields, and stopping energy blasts... this tells me that Cassidy can convert his "scream" into pure energy. Plus, he doesn't need to breathe in order to scream, so it's hardly a purely vocal effect. Also, he is immune to the energy blasts of Black Tom Cassidy- his cousin. Just being related is no explanation for this, so I think that in some way Banshee doesn't understand, he is capable of transmuting energy to sound, and vice versa (like Dazzler- only better).
He's actually quite powerful

HandOfFate
IIRC, Banshee projects a psionic field when flying, which redirects his scream to flight. Interesting enough, unlike his daughter Banshee can't talk when flying.

Also Banshee's screams are strong enough to liquid matter.

The Fake Macoy
Banshee managed to stop an energy wave Moses Magnum was using to destroy Japan. So let's look at that again, Banshee was able to outpower something that would have destroyed a country. Yeah, I think he wins this (I forget the issue number but it was in the storyline after the X-men escaped the Savage Land and before the X-men fought Alpha Flight, which happened a between the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix sagas).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.