George orwell..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
did he know the agenda? or was his work and writings just for fiction sake
im pretty sure he knew what was coming.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n265/myochman/orwell-medium.jpg

jaden101
mmm...nothing he's saying above strikes me as anything original even at the time...everyone knows how war propaganda works and how its designed to garner the support of their respective nations...even when the reality is bullshit...

Deano
i think he knew the signs. he was deeply involve din politics. he could of predicted the future easily. he knew how the complete fascist control of the world was just around the corner. he must be spinning in his grave

chillmeistergen
People need to read more Orwell than just Nineteen Eighty Four, if you did you'd realise that a lot of his messages are conflicting.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Deano
i think he knew the signs. he was deeply involve din politics. he could of predicted the future easily. he knew how the complete fascist control of the world was just around the corner. he must be spinning in his grave

I know,its amazing.you read 1984 and look at the events that are going around the world all the time and were there right now in the world of 1984 with cameras and everything watching and monitoring our every move.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
People need to read more Orwell than just Nineteen Eighty Four, if you did you'd realise that a lot of his messages are conflicting.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by chillmeistergen

Amen.

Deano, you often seem to grasp at straws to try and pad many of your faulty arguments. Orwell was a writer, not a soothsayer, not a fortune teller, not gifted with ESP. Just a writer.

Captain REX
1984 is a good read, but I do not think I will pursue Orwell's works further.

In any case, I agree Jaden. The above does not state anything that was not already said by other people. Orwell had a good understanding of politics and propaganda, the ability to write, and an imagination. That's all.

DethRose
Animal Farm is good. I recommend it.

En Sabah Nur X
Originally posted by DethRose
Animal Farm is good. I recommend it.
I concur, excellent book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.