Daken (Son of Wolverine) vs. X-23

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalani88
This is my first time posting a thread, hopefully this will go well.

X-23 is a younger female clone of Wolverine, while Daken is supposedly his son. I heard about this guy from a friend of mine, told me that he took down his dad pretty quick, wolvy must have taken it easy on him. Anyway, Daken has the same abilities as Wolverine, healing factor, heighten senses, and 2 sets of claws, 3 on each hand, but no adamantium skeleton.

So who do you think would come on top?

kalani88

Dgw2007
daken does have a adamantium skeleton

carver9
daken wins this but it would be a good fight, naah it might be a easy win for daken.

Dgw2007
Daken FTW

Soljer
You know the real loser of this fight?

Us. Comic book fans. Neither character really deserves to exist and they're both tired cliches.

Anyways, Daken wins pretty handily.

guy222
daken

Crease
Originally posted by Soljer

Us. Comic book fans. Neither character really deserves to exist and they're both tired cliches.

Anyways, Daken wins pretty handily.

Maybe the most truthful post I've ever read.

llagrok
X-23 has a pretty impressive healing factor though, healed a broken neck in an instant.

Sin I AM
I despise the offspring of Wolverine

King_Mungi
Flex was suppose to be another child of Wolverine, but at least he wasn't like the traditional feral-type we see all the time.

Anyways Daken for the win

complexbrother
Daken
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/9106/dakenII.jpg

Comicbook_kid

Can I get an "AMEN"?

stick out tongue

OneDumbG0
Both of them punked Wolverine in their fights. X-23's fight was a bit more ownage-worthy then Daken's. X-23 seems to display a greater level of training or fight programming from the Weapon X program.

But I am impressed with Daken. He seems more adept at stealth and assassination. He certainly don't need an adamantium skeleton to beat a person who has an adamantium skeleton. Probably makes him that much faster.

Split 5/10 til i see more from both.

grey fox
They have Feral-Hate-incest-sex.

Then they produce another litter of Wolverine spawns as retarded as their fanboys.

The Pict
Originally posted by OneDumbG0

I'd go with that

huh Not everyone feels that way. I like X-23 well enough, sure her history is cliched, (grew up in a secret facility, trained to be a mutant weapon) but she's been in some pretty cool comics, NYX for example.

llagrok
I didn't like anyone in NYX except for Kiden.

X-23 is a pretty decent character though, far better than Daken.

The Pict
Originally posted by llagrok
I didn't like anyone in NYX except for Kiden.

X-23 is a pretty decent character though, far better than Daken.

I'd like to see more of Kiden yes

She's pretty powerful

ExodusCloak
I despised X-23 with a passion until C&C got to write her again. She won me over after her Target X mini. I know I'll probably lose what little credibility I have for stating this but she's a decent character. I like how her personality is so...what's the word, ah yes desensitized. Wolverine was never as "well spoken" as X-23 and that's part of his "charm" I guess but her clear cut factual tone is also a likable trait.
Daken however is a train wreck, him as a character just doesn't work. The character either needs his head chopped off by a magic samurai sword. Or they need to give him to C&C for a much needed revamp.

llagrok
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I despised X-23 with a passion until C&C got to write her again. She won me over after her Target X mini. I know I'll probably lose what little credibility I have for stating this but she's a decent character. I like how her personality is so...what's the word, ah yes desensitized. Wolverine was never as "well spoken" as X-23 and that's part of his "charm" I guess but her clear cut factual tone is also a likable trait.
Daken however is a train wreck, him as a character just doesn't work. The character either needs his head chopped off by a magic samurai sword. Or they need to give him to C&C for a much needed revamp.

Target X was good.

I didn't like her too much in Uncanny X-men though, the whole talk with Psylocke and Savage Land crap. God I hate the Savage Land and those crappy mutants there. I started liking her more and more in New X.men though, hopefully she'll have some good showings in X-force. From what Yost and Kyle says, she's probably going to return to her silent days of being nothing more than a weapon though.

I suppose her and Julian was too much to hope for.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by llagrok
Target X was good.

I didn't like her too much in Uncanny X-men though, the whole talk with Psylocke and Savage Land crap. God I hate the Savage Land and those crappy mutants there. I started liking her more and more in New X.men though, hopefully she'll have some good showings in X-force. From what Yost and Kyle says, she's probably going to return to her silent days of being nothing more than a weapon though.

I suppose her and Julian was too much to hope for.

Same here, Claremont kind of ruined her in UXM. There's a lot of badly executed touchy feely moments in his writing.

grey fox
Daken could work, he just needs less cliched angst and 'I was brain-washed so I'm gonna kill my dad' moments.

Here's a unique idea. How about Daken becomes a CLEAN-CUT hero. None of his dads bullshit 'shades of gray, I'm a good-gug but i'm all tormented and stab people' bullshit. Just Captain amERICA ESQUE cLEAN-CUT.

Edit :Whoop, KeyBOArd f*CKing uP.

Soljer
Originally posted by grey fox
Daken could work, he just needs less cliched angst and 'I was brain-washed so I'm gonna kill my dad' moments.

Here's a unique idea. How about Daken becomes a CLEAN-CUT hero. None of his dads bullshit 'shades of gray, I'm a good-gug but i'm all tormented and stab people' bullshit. Just Captain amERICA ESQUE cLEAN-CUT.

Edit :Whoop, KeyBOArd f*CKing uP.

That could actually be somewhat interesting....

Turning Daken into a complete boy scout...

grey fox
That could actually be somewhat interesting....

Turning Daken into a complete boy scout...

Their's a reason Grey Fox likes writing Fan-fics cool

psycho gundam

Anyways, Daken wins pretty handily. thumb up how does his son have the same powers as he does? why must they make this stuff? AHHHHHH!

Mindset
What do you mean how does his son have the same powers as he does?

You mean like how the Summers kids have the same powers as Jean?

The Mean Queen
Daken

Battlehammer
daken does not have enough showings

Logan rockz
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Both of them punked Wolverine in their fights. X-23's fight was a bit more ownage-worthy then Daken's. X-23 seems to display a greater level of training or fight programming from the Weapon X program.

But I am impressed with Daken. He seems more adept at stealth and assassination. He certainly don't need an adamantium skeleton to beat a person who has an adamantium skeleton. Probably makes him that much faster.

StiltmanFTW
X-23 apparently has faster hf/greater damage soak (either that or Daken got stabbed in some vital spot while Laura did not). Daken was impressed with her skill and said he's not sure how that makes him feel.

On panel Daken stalemated her two times, once when she had help from Pixie and Armor.

Konton
I've always been more impressed by Laura's combat finess and viciousness. Daken's good, but I think the pheromones are what makes him noteworthy, not necessarily skill.

wildernesss
x-23 beats current daken in a close battle; she's a better fighter than he is & has a stronger hf. daken does not have an adamantium skeleton btw.

StiltmanFTW
Neither does Laura.

SasuOna
Daken got bitched by Laura in that collision crossover he got so winded fighting all those monsters that Laura had to lock him in a room and kill the rest.
So she definitely has stamina over him as well.

StiltmanFTW
Yes, but we need to remember that Daken w/o pheromones stalemated her two times despite her adamantium claws and help from 2 other X-Men in one instance.

He also has the stun claw (that he most likely won't use though stick out tongue)

The Pict
Originally posted by Konton
I've always been more impressed by Laura's combat finess and viciousness. Daken's good, but I think the pheromones are what makes him noteworthy, not necessarily skill.

I'd agree with you there thumb up

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Neither does Laura.

Think it was suggested by someone at the start of the thread that he did.

She doesn't need one though!

wildernesss
Yes, but we need to remember that Daken w/o pheromones stalemated her two times despite her adamantium claws and help from 2 other X-Men in one instance.

He also has the stun claw (that he most likely won't use though stick out tongue)

Didn't x-23 KO daken with one claw strike during the Utopia crossover?

anyway, whatever stalemate he managed to claw out before....it's clear that x-23 is the better fighter as of now.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by The Pict
Think it was suggested by someone at the start of the thread that he did.

She doesn't need one though!

Ah, I see.

She has trouble swimming with her claws coated in metal, I guess she'd drown with the adamantium-laced skeleton laughing out loud

Then Liu has her effortlessly stopping vampire Jubilee's punch (she was shown to be super strong even in the X-23 arc) ermm

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by wildernesss
Didn't x-23 KO daken with one claw strike during the Utopia crossover?

anyway, whatever stalemate he managed to claw out before....it's clear that x-23 is the better fighter as of now.

No. She couldn't do it with two claw strikes (another part of the fight was shown in Confession) and one stab. That was a stalemate between Daken / Laura, Pixie and Hisako.

He stalemated her in Collision, dude. Without pheromones. The same cross in which he admired her skill.

Q99
X-23 apparently has faster hf/greater damage soak (either that or Daken got stabbed in some vital spot while Laura did not).

It looked to me like he got a bigger wound.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Q99
It looked to me like he got a bigger wound.

I skimmed through the issue again and yes, you're right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.