Something people need to understand about Marvel and Dc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gecko4lif
Marvel's Strong points- Energy slingers and Cosmics.

Dc has Slingers and a few cosmics but it doesnt really compare to marvels. They pretty much have the marvet cornered

- Heralds
- Vulcan
- Sentry ( laughing )
- Genis
- Qauser ... etc

But like Marvel Dc he it's strong points- Speedsters and Bricks

- Superman
- Doomsday
- Mongul
- Validus
- Flash... etc

What people dont seem to realize is that the list of people who can even remotely compete with Dc's retardly strong bricks is VERY short

- Juggs (low end)
- Thor (low end)
- Kurse (mid range)
- Hulk (eventually)
- Thanos (amped)

I cant even think of more atm

And even more frightening is that everybody an their mom in dc is a speedster. Or at least has insane reflexes.

What i am suggesting here is that people stop trying to place Dc bricks against marvel bricks and instead put marvels strengths against them ( namely energy slingers and ampers)

Inhuman
Roughly, its...

DC Earth > Marvel Earth
DC Cosmics < Marvel Cosmics

grey fox
Gl corps ?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
Gl corps ?

Umm . . . Galactus? O_o

Priest
Gl corps ?
Fodders..

Soljer
Gl corps ?

Hal and Kyle are elite herald level. A few other named lanterns are mid-herald. The rest are fairly iron-man level cannon fodder.

Galan007
Originally posted by Gecko4lif

- Superman
- Doomsday
- Mongul
- Validus
- Flash... etc

What people dont seem to realize is that the list of people who can even remotely compete with Dc's retardly strong bricks is VERY short
Can someone please point out the 'bricks' to me? ermm

llagrok
Originally posted by Galan007
Can someone please point out the 'bricks' to me? ermm

He's talking about Superman dur

Gecko4lif
Mongul
Big barda
Doomsday
Validus

Some of the bricks in Dc

Galan007
Big bardaWasn't mentioned in your OP. smile

Mongul
Doomsday
Validus

Some of the bricks in Dc You serious?

If so,
What exactly is your definition of a 'brick'? ermmnone

grey fox
I always thought Brick was a fighter whom had great pysichal stats but thats it.

Galan007
I always thought Brick was a fighter whom had great pysichal stats but thats it. That's what I consider a 'brick' also.

llagrok
I always considered characters who employ nothing but physical prowess when fighting bricks.

Acrosurge

Dc has Slingers and a few cosmics but it doesnt really compare to marvels. They pretty much have the marvet cornered

- Heralds
- Vulcan
- Sentry ( laughing )
- Genis
- Qauser ... etc

- Superman
- Doomsday
- Mongul
- Validus
- Flash... etc

- Juggs (low end)
- Thor (low end)
- Kurse (mid range)
- Hulk (eventually)
- Thanos (amped)

And even more frightening is that everybody an their mom in dc is a speedster. Or at least has insane reflexes.

What i am suggesting here is that people stop trying to place Dc bricks against marvel bricks and instead put marvels strengths against them ( namely energy slingers and ampers) You know, I kind of disagree with this whole idea. Once you look outside the core (popular) characters of Marvel or DC, both companies have a great deal of both Energy slingers and uber-bricks.

And the whole "DC are always on a stronger strength scale than Marvel!!!" only applies when you compare some of Marvel's earth-based characters. When you look into the rest of the Marvel universe, the guys are just as strong.

DigiMark007
So, is this a vs. battle? Or just an incomplete look at both companies? Seriously, you named about a dozen people out of (literally) hundreds in both universes. Trying to form a consensus generalization from such short lists is more than a little bias, and clearly wrong...or at least not thorough enough to validate your conclusions, even if they end up being true upon more detailed investigation.

redhotrash
My problem with DC has always been they try to do too much with each hero. Your typical Marvel character has 1 or 2 powers that they use in diverse ways. Magneto controls magnetic energy, Cyclops has his optic blasts, human torch can generate fire, etc etc.
Meanwhile lets take Superman for example. It seems like they took every single power they could think of in the 1940s and gave it to him with the exception of invisiblity and telepathy. Seems like more members than not of the JLA can speedblitz, fly, or has super strength, if not all 3.
One criticism I have for both companies lately is how they treat their classic characters. Darkseid, Sabretooth, Deadpool, Eddie Brock, and even Antimonitor have all been made jokes of or worse lately in a attempt to make room for new characters whom no one cares about. Yeah lets finish off Sabretooth in a issue most people will never read then roll out some chump named Pandemic for a 4 issue arc. Granted I like Superboy Prime, but for every 1 of him theres 3 filler characters you can only hope not to see again.

Sundipped

- Heralds
- Vulcan
- Sentry ( laughing )
- Genis
- Qauser ... etc

- Superman
- Doomsday
- Mongul
- Validus
- Flash... etc

- Juggs (low end)
- Thor (low end)
- Kurse (mid range)
- Hulk (eventually)
- Thanos (amped)

What i am suggesting here is that people stop trying to place Dc bricks against marvel bricks and instead put marvels strengths against them ( namely energy slingers and ampers)

Those "bricks" u have for DC can compete with Marvels cosmics. If u ask me, everyone outside of Batman's rogues and maybe half of DC earth could be considered cosmic.

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by redhotrash
My problem with DC has always been they try to do too much with each hero. Your typical Marvel character has 1 or 2 powers that they use in diverse ways. Magneto controls magnetic energy, Cyclops has his optic blasts, human torch can generate fire, etc etc.
Meanwhile lets take Superman for example. It seems like they took every single power they could think of in the 1940s and gave it to him with the exception of invisiblity and telepathy. Seems like more members than not of the JLA can speedblitz, fly, or has super strength, if not all 3.
One criticism I have for both companies lately is how they treat their classic characters. Darkseid, Sabretooth, Deadpool, Eddie Brock, and even Antimonitor have all been made jokes of or worse lately in a attempt to make room for new characters whom no one cares about. Yeah lets finish off Sabretooth in a issue most people will never read then roll out some chump named Pandemic for a 4 issue arc. Granted I like Superboy Prime, but for every 1 of him theres 3 filler characters you can only hope not to see again.

This is right on the target. DC has an annoying habit of amping any and every character they have- all in attempts to breath life into them or into a story line... "c" and "b" shelf characters get amped into demigods all the time. Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado- even Wonder Woman, are all VASTLY more powerful then they were just a few years ago. I know it ticks off WW fans, to hear this- but, much like Namor at Marvel, she is a character who's had trouble keeping a title going over the years.
She IS important; she's a rich character, who goes back a long way- but like Namor, she hasn't always sold. DC's answer is to now make her as powerful as the Gods who empower her- illogical. I love many of the DC icons- just wish the comic creators would stop making every JLA member a herald level power.
Marvel has it's problems too. Every year you can count on them to introduce yet another "Onslaught" "Apocalypse" powerhouse... Marvel generally leaves it's core characters alone (generally, mind you), but is constantly trying to create another Galactus. The worst inclinations of both companies make things aggravating at times.

pr1983
i'm really missing the point of this thread... ermm

JasonK4
Originally posted by pr1983
i'm really missing the point of this thread... ermm
I think you should close it. baka

llagrok

Back in the day, Xavier could bend steel girders would his telepathy....

Magneto had just about every power in the book.

pr1983
Originally posted by JasonK4
I think you should close it. baka

everyone please give a hand for captain obvious... stick out tongue

i'm just waiting to see if the thread starter can give me a good reason not to close it...

Galan007
i'm just waiting to see if the thread starter can give me a good reason not to close it... Did you happen to notice who the TS is? barker

pr1983
Did you happen to notice who the TS is? barker

shrug

now now, don't be mean...

i'll give him about 5 mins...

Galan007
shrug

now now, don't be mean...

i'll give him about 5 mins... stick out tongue

Avlon
Meanwhile lets take Superman for example. It seems like they took every single power they could think of in the 1940s and gave it to him with the exception of invisiblity and telepathy.

He's had his own version of both those abilities too in recent arcs.

smile

bongo18
Closed.

Erik-Lensherr
Yes

Based on what exactly ?

CaptainStoic
Why close the thread? If at all it should be moved to the Comic Book discussion section.

But now that I'm here I'll add my two cents on the posters lack of insight. First of all Thor, Hulk, Juggernaut, Hercules, She Hulk, Titanus, Gladiator, Sentry, Thanos, Nefaria and so many others are on the level that you claim outstrips Marvel. One week Barda struggles to lift a truck the next she has a hard time picking up trains, and the next time you see her shes lifting real estate with ease. DC writers have alway had a hard time with continuity. As far as speed goes just because a poor artist shows someone like Kalibak to move his arms at great velocity does not mean that he has somehow tapped into the Speed Force this is a misconception he gets tagged by Batman.

Many people here believe that Wonder Woman would defeat the Juggernaut on a physical level, when they couldn't be further from the truth Cheetah who recently had fits with Cat Woman give it to Diana on the regular.

You all get my point. This poster like so many other exagerate to make it seem that Marvel has weaker characters, but in a cannonized battle Thor is seen holding his ground by someone who could swat Wonder Woman aside as if she were a flea (Superman). Dont believe me and go with whats in your minds, but Diana herself said that deep down she fears Superman, and if "he ever lost control, Hera help us all".

My advice to you is to continually post individual battles instead of putting everyone in the same cookie jar. Mark my words Titus for now only is Supermans superior, but by next week Kal El will be knocking him out within moments.

Soljer
Originally posted by llagrok
Back in the day, Xavier could bend steel girders would his telepathy....

Magneto had just about every power in the book.

How the **** could you bend something with telepathy?

pr1983
stick out tongue

big grin

Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Why close the thread? If at all it should be moved to the Comic Book discussion section.

But now that I'm here I'll add my two cents on the posters lack of insight. First of all Thor, Hulk, Juggernaut, Hercules, She Hulk, Titanus, Gladiator, Sentry, Thanos, Nefaria and so many others are on the level that you claim outstrips Marvel. One week Barda struggles to lift a truck the next she has a hard time picking up trains, and the next time you see her shes lifting real estate with ease. DC writers have alway had a hard time with continuity. As far as speed goes just because a poor artist shows someone like Kalibak to move his arms at great velocity does not mean that he has somehow tapped into the Speed Force this is a misconception he gets tagged by Batman.

Many people here believe that Wonder Woman would defeat the Juggernaut on a physical level, when they couldn't be further from the truth Cheetah who recently had fits with Cat Woman give it to Diana on the regular.

You all get my point. This poster like so many other exagerate to make it seem that Marvel has weaker characters, but in a cannonized battle Thor is seen holding his ground by someone who could swat Wonder Woman aside as if she were a flea (Superman). Dont believe me and go with whats in your minds, but Diana herself said that deep down she fears Superman, and if "he ever lost control, Hera help us all".

My advice to you is to continually post individual battles instead of putting everyone in the same cookie jar. Mark my words Titus for now only is Supermans superior, but by next week Kal El will be knocking him out within moments.

i'm pretty sure there are enough threads like this already... meh... ill move it and let digi decide...

psycho gundam
dc comics has dragonball Z syndrome.

Sin I AM
I tend to think of myself as an unbiased person...I love both houses, Marvel and DC. My only complaint is that Marvels "star" ( which are pretty much all street-levelers) characters have a habit of winning more often than they should. For example, Spiderman should have died countless times, and even though I love the character...in the "Other" arc where spiderman is dying and gettin his a#! handed to him by Morlun would ahve been a great death to a great character...I would have love to see him going out like that, and if editors at Marvel had the balls to let writers create such a story it would have been great. Evern though I love the characters, I would like to see some of the stars "offed" to make room for some new talent, and not anthor cliched rip-off like Daken, or a clone...but an actual good character to fill the void.

psycho gundam
^how would a fan base get created then? wolverine is popular because he is in every comic that involves x-men. remember it's all about money.

Sin I AM
The problem with comic book is the redundancy...every knows Wolverine is still alive today because he is literally a bank vault.. but having to keep writing about the same tired characters and cliched storylines limits writers

Inhuman
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Yes

Based on what exactly ?

lul'z

Maybe this would be better to your liking ...

DC > Marvel

baka

Galan007
Originally posted by Inhuman
lul'z

Maybe this would be better to your liking ...

DC > Marvel

baka Pfft.

That's better. uhuh

DigiMark007
Heh. 'bout time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.