Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment

ragesRemorse
I've been shitting bricks to see this since i first heard that it was in production. I became even more anxious after reading that Del toro was going to be incorporating designs and elements inspired from pans labyrinth into the movie. Hellboy was the most fun comic book movie i've ever watched. From the beginning to end. I was thoroughly entertained. Unlike most comic book movies, and movies in general. I did not have to watch the movie several more times to decide whether or not i liked it. The movie is just as fun to watch now as it was during my first viewing. Great casting, lavishly detailed sets, exceptional directing and flawless pacing. I can only hope that this sequel is half as fun.

=Tired Hiker=
I can't wait to see this. It's nice to see Toro doing Hellboy still. One might think that after Pan's Labyrinth Toro may be above making comic book movies, but I'm glad he doesn't see it that way.

Impediment
I still have yet to see Pan's Labyrinth. I really need to buy it.

MildPossession
I adored the first one, so I shall definitely be seeing this one. I am glad to see they got rid of that actor Rupert Evans as that FBI agent from the first movie, didn't like him at all.

celestialdemon
Can't wait to see this movie. I really enjoyed the first one, and I'm glad Del Toro is back for this one.

faithxp
I was excited on this movie., its movie trailer were really good.,

=Tired Hiker=
I still can't wait for this movie to come out. The trailer is so awesome. I love the creatures, it's like the entire cast is characters you'd find in the cantina from Star Wars.

http://www.hellboymovie.com/

Toku King
I can't wait for it to come out!

ScarletSpeed
The trailer looks shit-hot

Toku King
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
The trailer looks shit-hot

Yay? confused

Kazenji
Originally posted by Impediment

Actually its "Seth MacFarlane" now

Toku King
Originally posted by Kazenji
Actually its "Seth MacFarlane" now

I wish we knew how he sounded.

ScarletSpeed
Seth Mcfarlane is Bryan/Peter/Stewie/Quagmire from family guy laughing out loud

PqvTwklfZP4

Toku King
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
Seth Mcfarlane is Bryan/Peter/Stewie/Quagmire from family guy laughing out loud

PqvTwklfZP4

I mean how he sounds as Krauss.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Toku King
I mean how he sounds as Krauss.

ahh, God knows, he can do so many voices laughing out loud

Plutonic_Hat90
Yeah, this movie looks pretty damn cool. The first one was awesome

dadudemon
When I saw the movie trailer in the theater (which was the first time I had seen the trailer), I had boners. no expression

I am very excited to see this movie. I want to see it really really bad.

FistOfThe North
Part 1 sucked, to me. But I did however enjoy "Pan's Labyrinth". oddly enough -since they were both directed by the same director-. (saw it a couple of times, actually). So i'll give this movie the benefit of the doubt this time around and i may watch it just cause he's seemingly gonna present a better vision of the hellboy mythos with this sequel.

Toku King
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Part 1 sucked, to me.

Why? I think that it's one of the best superhero movies to date!

ragesRemorse

easily

ScarletSpeed

badboy7
man.. the trailer looks awesome... even i cant wait to see this one...

=Tired Hiker=
I might be seeing a sneak preview of Hellboy 2 tonight if all goes well, so you should be jealous.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I might be seeing a sneak preview of Hellboy 2 tonight if all goes well, so you should be jealous. i so am!

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Mairuzu
i so am! w00t

BruceSkywalker
I really didn't care for the first Hellboy. A few friends of mine are seeing this so I will wait and see what they think.

ragesRemorse
I might be seeing a sneak preview of Hellboy 2 tonight if all goes well, so you should be jealous.

I'm getting a pirated screener tomorrow, so, i'm only a little jealous wink

even if it is shit, i will pay to see it in the theaters though. I liked the first one that much and i like del toro

=Tired Hiker=
Well, I saw it. I thought it was awesome. Del Toro won me over once again. What I like about his films is that I can get lost in them. I forget I'm at the movies and I'm overwhelmed with the imaginative story and visuals. I'd say Hellboy II is the heaviest with CG effects of all his films for sure, but as usual he truly uses CG when it needs to be used. The story is mainly about keeping a lost piece of a crown away from a dark prince, who with the complete crown will control the Golden Army, a force from the past that helped humans gain control of the world in a battle against other mystical creatures. Throughout the film, Hellboy is tested to see which side he is on. He could help the prince and preserve the, for lack of better words, mystical world, or he could side with the humans and contribute to the decay of the magical world, so to speak. The giant thing that pops out of the streets in the commercials and trailers is actually the last of a fighting plant species. Hellboy is forced to either destroy the last of it's kind, or let it live and kill humans. The scope of the movie is pretty vast as well. That sort of rock creature in the trailers has an opening in it's stomach which is an opening to an underground world that was obviously abandoned or destroyed, who really knows, it leaves so much wonder to the imagination. My only complaint is that the middle of the movie becomes a ten minute advertisement for Tecate beer. It's a scene where Hellboy and Abe are getting drunk and talking out their issues with women. The scene is forgivable because of what goes on, especially with the character who's body is composed of a mist that can go into inanimate objects and animate them. There is also a sort of bittersweet love story between Abe, the fish guy, with the dark prince's twin sister who suffers any pain, scar, wound, etc. that her evil brother suffers, which adds to the dichotomy of Hellboy's matter at hand in the fight to protect humans. Anyway, the vibe of the entire film is as captivating as a long visit to the Star Wars cantina, Jabba's Palace, a jaunt through Ghost busters 1, all mixed in with a whole lot of Pan's Labyrinth. I loved this movie, and it is clear Del Toro will do an amazing job with The Hobbit.

Mairuzu
Thursday midnight please hurry w00t

Wolfie
I just saw it a few hours ago. I really liked it, as much as the first one. It was flawless.

I'm hoping the third movie introduces Benjamin Daimo and Kate Corrigan. I like how the second movie hinted at what the upcoming plot will be without pushing it so heavily that a third one is required.

And that's good considering we'll have to wait about five years for the third movie.

SnakeEyes
Just saw this last night. Wasn't as good as I thought it'd be. The opening "cut-scene/flashback" was very poorly animated and lame. Too much quirky humor, I was expecting a decent amount of it, but it really went too far in some scenes.

Endrict Nuul
This movie was soooo great!!! a much better comic book movie than the new Huc.

SpaceMonkey
Just saw the movie and I really enjoyed it. It was better than the first and I WILL be seeing it a second time.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
This movie was soooo great!!! a much better comic book movie than the new Huc.

what is a new huc?

Nihilist
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
what is a new huc?

new hulk

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Nihilist
new hulk

oh, i thought he was talking about something else. Because i thought he implied that the Hulk movie, sucked or something. I wasn't sure what he was talking about wink

Dusty
I saw it opening midnight. It was more entertaining than the first, but the first is still the overall better film. The music choices in the second film were awful.

However, the marketplace scene was ace.

Mairuzu
It was way worse than i thought it would be

the music was... odd?

the dialog was... lame

kinda disappointed erm

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Dusty
It was more entertaining than the first, but the first is still the overall better film.

How does that ridiculous statement make sense?

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
How does that ridiculous statement make sense?

I think he means that sheer entertainment doesn't always mean quality.

I know that I laughed more during this movie in comparison to the first, but that was only because I had given up on it/it became ridiculously dumb during some scenes. And Dusty was right, many of the music tracks that they picked for this film sucked.

Dusty
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
How does that ridiculous statement make sense? Entertainment isn't everything. I'm sure Iron Man is more entertaining than Schindler's List. But which is the better film?

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
And Dusty was right, many of the music tracks that they picked for this film sucked.

Definitely. Espescially since the soundtrack to the first film was so great. Nick Cave. Al Green. Tom Waits. C'mon!

WrathfulDwarf
Glad I skip the Incredible Hulk to see Hellboy 2.

Made me laugh just like the first one. Not going to review much...Hellboy either you find him comical or not. It depends what you like. A fair 3 out of 5 with laughs.

Well, gotta get prepare for The Dark Knight.

Quiero Mota
I saw it with my family today. I was surprised that they decided to make that fish guy smitten over the elf princess. I could've swore he was a total nancy.

SelinaAndBruce
I'm shocked this didn't make more money. It barely beat Hancock for number 1 and Hancock was coming in at a second week with dismal reviews from critics

=Tired Hiker=
I thought HB2 was better than the Hulk, and I enjoyed it about the same as Iron Man.Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I saw it with my family today. I was surprised that they decided to make that fish guy smitten over the elf princess. I could've swore he was a total nancy. laughing out loud Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
How does that ridiculous statement make sense? I think he means it's like all betterishly made and stuff. pizza

FistOfThe North
meh, i'll skip HB:2. I'll catch it on BR.

I'll catch TDK though. In Imax, baby.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
meh, i'll skip HB:2. I'll catch it on BR.

I'll catch TDK though. In Imax, baby. Thanks for your input. roll eyes (sarcastic)

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Thanks for your input. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hm. Didn't expect a reply from that one. I was just saying. But, your welcome?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I'm shocked this didn't make more money. It barely beat Hancock for number 1 and Hancock was coming in at a second week with dismal reviews from critics

I agree, i too, am surprised. At this rate, they will be lucky if this does better than the first. This is by far the second stand out blockbuster of the summer, second only to Iron Man, yet, no one will ever know. Looks like this franchise is done. Two quality movies is a great way to end the franchise though.

Scythe
And there'll most likely be a part three, what with twins being born, come on, they'll make another I'm sure.

I finally saw it, and well like most summer blockbusters, I don't go expecting myself to shit my pants or go ape-shit after the credits roll, but it was enjoyable. It kept me amused, it did.

Kazenji

Probably because Hellboy is'nt as well known compared to the likes of Batman, Superman and also maybe people think it was gonna be just as bad as the first one since the first one got some mixed reviews.

FlappingMangera
I read something that Perlman hinted that he was ready for a third.

I loved this movie. I like the humor, the visuals were stunning, the action was great, and I like the theme of being who you want to be. 8.5/10.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Kazenji
Probably because Hellboy is'nt as well known compared to the likes of Batman, Superman and also maybe people think it was gonna be just as bad as the first one since the first one got some mixed reviews.

Reviews obviously don't effect people's decision to see a movie. Look at Hancock and just about any other Blockbuster. I agree though, the movie was at a disadvantage from the beginning. People just don't know about Hellboy. There are many comic book fans that don't know what a Hellboy is. For the people who are oblivious to Hellboy, i think the tone of the movie's seem to mature for families and the content to whimsical for casual sci-fi fans. I think, like the original, however, this movie wil find it's audience on DvD.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by FlappingMangera
I read something that Perlman hinted that he was ready for a third.

I really wouldn't look forward to another live action installment. Pearlman is getting old, Del Toro will have his hands full with the Hobbit movie's and unless This movie surprises everyone with a stronger second week than the opening week. I bet studio's would be hard pressed to invest in another. Although, Mignola is all about making this into a trilogy.

Emil Blonsky
Saw this movie opening day, and loved it. I thought it was every bit as good as the first movie, and I even enjoyed it a little more.

kunglu
Love it! Good story, cool creatures and great action.

Emil Blonsky
Agreed. I also liked that we saw even more of Abe & Liz this time.

Bardock42

Maybe it was because the first one was so shit.

ragesRemorse
That might make sense if the first one was shit

Bardock42
That might make sense if the first one was shit

Which it was. Fact.

SnakeEyes
I'm surprised that so many people liked this movie as much as they did. I didn't think it was anything great and I'm a fan of the character.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Bardock42
Which it was. Fact.

Thats highly infactual for being a fact

Selphie
Hmm, I liked it. Not terrible, not fantastic.

Nice eye candy.

Robtard
Flick was alright, nothing special. I built myself up because of Del Torro helming it, so in that aspect, it was a let down.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Selphie
Hmm, I liked it. Not terrible, not fantastic.

Nice eye candy. Originally posted by Robtard
Flick was alright, nothing special. I built myself up because of Del Torro helming it, so in that aspect, it was a let down.

I do agree with that. I don't really think it was shit, just nothing special.

Emil Blonsky
I still feel it's every bit as good as the first movie.

=Tired Hiker=
I loved it.

Mairuzu
I just found most of it quite boring.

=Tired Hiker=
That's how I felt about the new Batman. Too long.

Mairuzu
not long enough

SnakeEyes
Anyone who prefers Hellboy 2 over The Dark Knight clearly has some mixed up priorities. I'm not usually one to judge one's preferences, but honestly, TDK was so much better.

ragesRemorse
Anyone who prefers Hellboy 2 over The Dark Knight clearly has some mixed up priorities. I'm not usually one to judge one's preferences, but honestly, TDK was so much better.

maybe some people prefer fantasy movie's over crime drama's erm

Blax_Hydralisk
maybe some people prefer fantasy movie's over crime drama's erm

qft.

ragesRemorse
man, i really wish i knew what qft meant. reading

=Tired Hiker=
man, i really wish i knew what qft meant. reading I think he means, 'quite f**k'n true,' which would make sense with the context of the last several posts. Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Anyone who prefers Hellboy 2 over The Dark Knight clearly has some mixed up priorities. I'm not usually one to judge one's preferences, but honestly, TDK was so much better. I wouldn't say my priorities are mixxed up. I simply liked Hellboy 2 a lot. The Dark Knight was a really good movie, but it wasn't anything great in my opinion. Nothing about it really blew me away, aside of the Joker and his antics. As for Hellboy 2, I was swept away to fantasy land, I lost myself in that movie. I could watch Hellboy 2 several more times and not get bored, I could probably stand to watch The Dark Knight one more time. Also, I don't like Christian Bale as Batman, so that doesn't really help sway me to the dark knight's side. I'm not super passionate for either film, but I am very passionate about Del Toro's visions and find his style new and refreshing.

jaden101
I think he means, 'quite f**k'n true,' which would make sense with the context of the last several posts. I wouldn't say my priorities are mixxed up. I simply liked Hellboy 2 a lot. The Dark Knight was a really good movie, but it wasn't anything great in my opinion. Nothing about it really blew me away, aside of the Joker and his antics. As for Hellboy 2, I was swept away to fantasy land, I lost myself in that movie. I could watch Hellboy 2 several more times and not get bored, I could probably stand to watch The Dark Knight one more time. Also, I don't like Christian Bale as Batman, so that doesn't really help sway me to the dark knight's side. I'm not super passionate for either film, but I am very passionate about Del Toro's visions and find his style new and refreshing.

alot probably has to do with the fact that Del Toro is a far more skilled visual director than Nolan...but in terms of English language scripts Del Toro always seems to get left with 2nd rate stuff

it'll be interesting to see what he does with the hobbit

=Tired Hiker=
Yes, very much so. I am looking forward to that.

ragesRemorse
I don't know if Del Toro is more skilled than Nolan, but he certainly seems to be more creative, atleast with how he captures his vision on film.

Da Joker
He's definitely not more skilled. Don't believe me? Look at how much better TDK is than HBII.

ragesRemorse
yeah, but id take a Pans labyrinth, crono's and Devils Backbone over a mamento, insomnia or Prestige anyday

SnakeEyes
II wouldn't say my priorities are mixxed up. I simply liked Hellboy 2 a lot. The Dark Knight was a really good movie, but it wasn't anything great in my opinion. Nothing about it really blew me away, aside of the Joker and his antics. As for Hellboy 2, I was swept away to fantasy land, I lost myself in that movie. I could watch Hellboy 2 several more times and not get bored, I could probably stand to watch The Dark Knight one more time. Also, I don't like Christian Bale as Batman, so that doesn't really help sway me to the dark knight's side. I'm not super passionate for either film, but I am very passionate about Del Toro's visions and find his style new and refreshing.

I can understand preferring one genre over another (in this case fantasy over crime drama/comic adaption), and I can accept you liking Hellboy 2 over The Dark Knight as well; Hellboy 2 is a lot easier to just sit down, relax, and view. All visuals aside though, I thought the movie sucked (this coming from a fan of both the first film and the comics). Del Toro is a gifted director and the movie looked cool, but other than that, I was watching a plot unravel that I've seen millions of times. It was basically good guy takes down bad guy and that's quite literally it. Parts of it also ended up being downright ridiculous (Abe and Hellboy drinking together and Hellboy getting beat up by the lockers).

Edit: Plus that opening CGI cutscene... that was such shit. Honestly, it looked terrible.

As for who is the better director, I'd say Nolan all the way. The way the man crafts suspense, intrigue, mystery, etc and combines them to make an intelligent story is amazing, and I'm not just talking about The Dark Knight.

Quiero Mota
yeah, but id take a Pans labyrinth, crono's and Devils Backbone over a mamento, insomnia or Prestige anyday

Insomnia is the best movie you listed.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Insomnia is the best movie you listed.

wrong, but

we have treaded into the most treacherous waters of arguing opinions, I'll agree to disagree with you, sir.

jaden101
I don't know if Del Toro is more skilled than Nolan, but he certainly seems to be more creative, atleast with how he captures his vision on film.

let me say it again...cos it's important...he's a more skilled VISUAL director than Nolan

meaning his films LOOK alot better than Nolan's

and again...if someone let Del Toro loose on a grade A script and a big budget....he'd make something far superior to anything Nolan could come up with

=Tired Hiker=
I can understand preferring one genre over another (in this case fantasy over crime drama/comic adaption), and I can accept you liking Hellboy 2 over The Dark Knight as well; Hellboy 2 is a lot easier to just sit down, relax, and view. All visuals aside though, I thought the movie sucked (this coming from a fan of both the first film and the comics). Del Toro is a gifted director and the movie looked cool, but other than that, I was watching a plot unravel that I've seen millions of times. It was basically good guy takes down bad guy and that's quite literally it. Parts of it also ended up being downright ridiculous (Abe and Hellboy drinking together and Hellboy getting beat up by the lockers).

Edit: Plus that opening CGI cutscene... that was such shit. Honestly, it looked terrible.

As for who is the better director, I'd say Nolan all the way. The way the man crafts suspense, intrigue, mystery, etc and combines them to make an intelligent story is amazing, and I'm not just talking about The Dark Knight.

Well, then I'm not sure you understood Hellboy 2' s dimensions regarding him siding with good or evil. He ends up helping humans in the end, even though they detest him. Hmmm, isn't that a bit similar to The Dark Knight's plot??? I too have seen it a thousand times, but then again every movie has a bit of good vs evil, it's just how it has to be, the paradigm is unavoidable unless you don't want conflict in a movie.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by jaden101
let me say it again...cos it's important...he's a more skilled VISUAL director than Nolan

meaning his films LOOK alot better than Nolan's

and again...if someone let Del Toro loose on a grade A script and a big budget....he'd make something far superior to anything Nolan could come up with

dude, i know. I got it the first time, And HOLY SHIT!!, that quote that you took from me, yeah, it says the exact same thing as "Del Toro is a Visual Director" So, clearly i know what you're talkin about....,i was agreeing with you wink

=Tired Hiker=
Well, then I'm not sure you understood Hellboy 2' s dimensions regarding him siding with good or evil. He ends up helping humans in the end, even though they detest him. Hmmm, isn't that a bit similar to The Dark Knight's plot??? I too have seen it a thousand times, but then again every movie has a bit of good vs evil, it's just how it has to be, the paradigm is unavoidable unless you don't want conflict in a movie.

Also, I was never comparing directors. But if I had to, I'd say they are both equal. I thought Memento and Insomnia were very good Nolan films, but to me Pan's Labyrinth was just as good if not better than either of those.

You made the statement that anyone who likes Hellboy 2 better than The Dark Knight clearly has their priorities mixed up. All I'm fussing about is that I can clearly see why they would.

Plutonic_Hat90
Did anyone else think that the swordfights, especially the first one with nuada were freaking awesome? They actually reminded me of the matrix reloaded a bit (in a good way)

The action scenes were ridiculously improved from the first movie, even the Wink vs Hellboy fight looked cool.

Da Joker
Hell yes they were awesome. Even I was like "Holy shit" when I was watching them. Nuada was very impressive and indeed badass.

Toku King
Awesome movie!

Strangelove
It was great film with a lot of heart and a good message.

Yason
Who has seen Hellboy II already: I like it a lot!
Do you like it also?

http://www.parool.nl/static/FOTO/pe/4/6/0/art_large_9390.jpg

cruel jedi
Im going to see it tommorow ill mark it then happy

Toku King
Really good movie.

MildPossession
I was hoping for a dvd release before it was released in cinemas here but it hasn't, so will go and see it soon. The first Hellboy was released on dvd in another country before it even came to cinemas here in the UK. Not this time lol.

Can't wait to see it, liked the first one.

ragesRemorse
This was my favorite movie of the year so far. I had so much god damn fun watching this.

SnakeEyes
I gave this a generous 3/5.

Blax_Hydralisk
This movie actually irritated me with the gross amount of character stupidity.

I on,y watched it because I think the chick is really hit when she's on fire. She was only on fire a couple times in the movie, though. So... bleh.

I watched TDK first, then watched this, and it was such a POS. erm

Toku King
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
This movie actually irritated me with the gross amount of character stupidity.

I loved the characters. They seemed like the kind of people you'd expect abnormals to be like when trying to have stable lives.

ragesRemorse
I loved the characters. They seemed like the kind of people you'd expect abnormals to be like when trying to have stable lives.

I agree.

Although the characters from the source material were not as ignorant, i think dumbing them down for the films worked very well. I can see why some may see their child-like innocence annoying, but i thought it brought a charming dynamic to the movie. It wasn't as though the characters were naive only when the story needed comic relief. It was established from the very beginning that these rejects know very little about what is going in the human world, so, when faced with human problems like relationships and social development, they are out of their element.

BOPRecruit 16
i would totally give this movie an A+! loved it all the way. so much better than the first one! i liked the fact that the bprd team traveled around more in this one like they do in the comics. the plot was definitely more epic. very funny as well. i totally cracked up when abe and hb got drunk! lmao XD as for new characters, digged johann krauss and the angel of death. would love to find lj graphics of them! interesting that seth macfarlane played the voice of johann. liked the fact that at the beginning, got to see a younger hb and john hurt as professor broom again. prince nuada was pretty awesome. great the way he could fight! definitely enjoyed the sets and art department's work and special effects in this one. the director and his art team always do fab. work. love the creatures they create. after seeing this movie, i would love to see this get a sequel and also might get back into the comic books/graphic novels. also, to boot, an animated series would be grand!

moviebuff1084
I really want to see this movie i just recently saw the first for my first time and it was really good.

SnakeEyes
Be jealous: I'm getting my DVD copy of the first Hellboy signed by Doug Jones (Abe Sapien).

moviebuff1084
Awesome

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I just saw Hellboy II, and it was fantastic. It had so much imagination, and was great fun from start to finish.

ragesRemorse
Be jealous: I'm getting my DVD copy of the first Hellboy signed by Doug Jones (Abe Sapien).

can i have it?

Markus Corvinus
This movie was really enjoyable in that it applied to that more fantastical element of Hellboy, something Del Toro was able to capture perfectly. I thought the story was pretty good whereas before I saw it, I thought it wouldn't match up to the first movie, but it did.

I'll for sure get the DVD for this one. cool

SnakeEyes
can i have it?

I'm afraid not, friend.

I finally got it back, he wrote "Best Fishes" instead of "Best Wishes." eek!

SnakeEyes
Just rewatched Hellboy 2, this time going into it with lower expectations and I enjoyed it more. I still have the same problems that I did the first time around (too much unnecessary goofiness, odd music choices, lack of original plot, character stupidity) but I think I was able to appreciate the direction, production design and effects much more this time. The visuals are stunning throughout the majority of the film (with the exception of the lame CG opening sequence). Overall, I'd give this movie a slightly higher rating than I did before. Instead of a 5/10 maybe a 7/10.

Movie tragic
Liked when they were singing Can't Smile Without You laughing

KingD19
At the end of the movie when Hellboy beats Nuada, and he's about to stab him in the back. Nuala didn't have to stab her self in the heart, and kill both herself and her brother. She could have just stabbed her hand or arm, it would have made him drop the blade, Hellboy would have turned around and clocked him. She and Abe could have been happy together, and Nuada would go to jail.

Just saw the movie again last night, and I thought about it.

dadudemon
Originally posted by KingD19
At the end of the movie when Hellboy beats Nuada, and he's about to stab him in the back. Nuala didn't have to stab her self in the heart, and kill both herself and her brother. She could have just stabbed her hand or arm, it would have made him drop the blade, Hellboy would have turned around and clocked him. She and Abe could have been happy together, and Nuada would go to jail.

Just saw the movie again last night, and I thought about it.

I thought something similar. But, then I realized that it wouldn't be a "Hollywood plot." no expression

There's tons of things like that, wrong with films. TONS.

Rogue Jedi
Because she knew their time was over.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Because she knew their time was over.

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. She certainly knew their time was over after she plunged the blade into her chesticals.

KingD19
They'd been doing just fine, but I guess since Nuada and Hellboy exposed them to the world, their time might have been over.

jinXed by JaNx
You do realize it's a movie...,right? It's a movie, based off of a comic book. Seriously...,you're cool with demon a teenager dressed up as a cowboy and nazi zombies hard on for super natural power and hell on Earth. Oh, and the city of freaks hidden under the brooklyn bridge...,all of that, you're cool with. You can suspend reality for all of that but you have a problem with her spontaneous self sacrifice that was key to saving all of mankind and the one she loved?

KingD19
I do realize it's a movie, I said that in my 1st post.

At the end of the movie.

Remember that?

The point I was making, is that she didn't have to kill herself and her brother to save anybody. She could have stabbed her arm or leg, and incapacitated him and herself. And even if Nuada did get to Hellboy and stab him, Liz could just fry his ass, since HB is immune to fire and heat. She also melted the crown with no effort.

And as a matter of fact, I would be cool with that if I had powers and such, if I was a regular guy who found out, I would kinda be bummed I wasn't a part of it.

jinXed by JaNx
lol i was just fukin with you man but yeah, seriously, HE needed to be stopped. There was no reasoning with him. As long as he was alive, people would be in danger. It was going to end in suicide, sooner or later, why not then when everything was on the line?

KingD19
They could have easily kept him in confinement and sedated, he would have been a danger to no one. Although it was true that he would never stop trying to do what he was doing.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KingD19
They'd been doing just fine, but I guess since Nuada and Hellboy exposed them to the world, their time might have been over. yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.