List the top three nfl qb's of the Super bowl era

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Please give reasons why AND PUT THEM IN ORDER OF GREATEST TO THIRD GREATEST. smile

guy222
Montana/Bradshaw-have four
Tom Brady-has three
Troy Aikman-three also

ultimatethor
Tom brady (most td passes in a season+ 3superbowls)
Bret favre( most td passes ever + 3 reg season mvp)
Dan marino(former holder of bret favre record + played less games dan b.favre)

botankus
In Super Bowl only:

1) Bradshaw
2) Montana
3) Brady

Why? Montana was a legend, but Bradshaw was only a slightly above average QB during the regular season. But he took his game to a new dimension in the big game, and that's why I have him at #1.

In other games besides the Super Bowl:

1) Montana
2) Elway
3) Young

Lord Evolution
Montana
Marino
Manning/Brady

quanchi112
I meant for this thread to include regular reason as well as postseason numbers. I just didnt want to include ancient players before the Super Bowl started.

quanchi112
Originally posted by botankus
In Super Bowl only:

1) Bradshaw
2) Montana
3) Brady

Why? Montana was a legend, but Bradshaw was only a slightly above average QB during the regular season. But he took his game to a new dimension in the big game, and that's why I have him at #1.

In other games besides the Super Bowl:

1) Montana
2) Elway
3) Young Montana had better superbowl numbers than Bradshaw. He also didnt throw one interception in his four trips. Beat that Bradshaw.

botankus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Montana had better superbowl numbers than Bradshaw. He also didnt throw one interception in his four trips. Beat that Bradshaw.

Fair enough, stats guy. But Montana never stepped it up in the Super Bowl. Before you explode on that comment, Montana played like Montana in the Super Bowl, meaning that he played at the highest level...just like he did every single time he laced them up.

Bradshaw, on the other hand, consistently had Eli Manning-like regular seasons yet took his play to a new dimension in the Super Bowl.

I agree it's a close call, but not everyone can agree. big grin

BobbyD
Okay, this is a toughie...

For ME:

a) Montana
b) Brady
c) ..gets very interesting..Elway? Favre?

Mr Parker
I meant for this thread to include regular reason as well as postseason numbers. I just didnt want to include ancient players before the Super Bowl started.

since it includes BOTH the regular season AND superbowl my order would go like this.
1.Joe Montana.The guy took it up a notch during the playoffs plus in his very first year with the kansas city chiefs,he took them to the AFC title game.something the chiefs had never accomplished in 24 years since winning the superbowl and has never done since.since he retired.I dont think Elway or Marino could have ever done that with the chiefs in their first year there.Montana made players on that team that were bad players into good ones and pretty good ones into excellent ones in his two last years in the league with the chiefs.

2.John Elway.He was horrible in his first 3 superbowls but then righted the ship in his last 2 years and won them then.He was like the only quarterback since the days of bradshaw in his day who could run backwards and throw sideways down the field for 60 yards during his day and make miraculous plays in the final two minutes of games.He was simply amazing to watch.For so many years he carried his team by himself to those first 3 superbowl losses.

3.Terry Bradshaw/Tom Brady. As someome mentioned,Bradshaw was amazing in the playoffs and superbowls and like i said,he was like the only quarterback during his heyday who could run backwards and throw sidearms down the field and make like a 60 yard completion.Tom Brady because he single handedly turned that franchise around and has won 3 superbowls with them and took them there again this year and is only 30 years old so he has plenty of football left in him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BobbyD
Okay, this is a toughie...

For ME:

a) Montana
b) Brady
c) ..gets very interesting..Elway? Favre? I agree with number one and two and put Elway in the three spot myself.

ragesRemorse
Brady
Montana
Favre

quanchi112
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Brady
Montana
Favre Brady isnt better than Montana.

You have Favre way too high here imo.

Citizen V
Montana - 'Joe Cool' never lost a Super Bowl, 'nuff said.
Brady - Sixth Round Pick to 3 time Superbowl Champion, 2 time MVP.
Bradshaw - He won, it might not have always been the greatest of performances, but he won.

Kram3r
Montana had better superbowl numbers than Bradshaw. He also didnt throw one interception in his four trips. Beat that Bradshaw.

**** YES! Preachin' to the choir!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Citizen V
Montana - 'Joe Cool' never lost a Super Bowl, 'nuff said.
Brady - Sixth Round Pick to 3 time Superbowl Champion, 2 time MVP.
Bradshaw - He won, it might not have always been the greatest of performances, but he won. Elway,Marino,and Favre are all better than Bradshaw.

FlappingMangera
Montana
Brady
uhh... Steve Young?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.