EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament Discussion Thread: Questions, Comments, & Talk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
This thread is for general discussion of the Final Slugfest Tournament. Any questions or comments should be posted in this thread. Feel free to share team ideas or possibilities. I will answer any questions put forth by the tournament particiants.

The 1st draft is set to begin February 18th this Monday. After the final draft day, a schedule will be posted in this thread.

Link to the rules:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=477160&pagenumber=1

Here are the list of participants"

To those who have not confirmed with me recently about your reserved spot in the tournament, you have until the end of the 1st draft to claim your spot. After the end of the first draft you will be dropped.

EVANGEL94's Tourney Odd's Thread

Tony Stark
Disregaurd my last question on the first thread. Didn't see this one up... embarrasment

darthgoober
I have a question about power copier's. Is the 8pt. cost automatically tacked on to someone like Super Adaptoid if he wan't to use the powers he already has access to, or is it something that you just have to pay if you want to copy the powers of your opponents?

Laminator_X
Regarding some old business:

You said Kang is above Herald, and thus unavailable. Without Time Manipulation, what would make him so? What about buying Dr Strange or Rip Hunter with Time Manipulation?

In reference to the Thunderbolt, you said that Thunderbolt with Time Manipulation would be 39 pts and thus not do-able. However, my understanding was that under the rules, 20 pt characters (like the Thunderbolt) don't need to pay an additional cost for their various abilities. Could you resolve this contradiction?

Also WRT thunderbolt, who is controlling it? Is the master included in the 20 pts, or do we need to spend an additional point to buy Jakeem or Johnny? If the latter, could any character we purchase be specified as its master?

If we wish to buy an Infinity Gem, do we also need to buy the powers that it should grant? Example: If one buys the Mind Gem, do you also need to buy Mind Control?

Evangel94
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Regarding some old business:

You said Kang is above Herald, and thus unavailable. Without Time Manipulation, what would make him so? What about buying Dr Strange or Rip Hunter with Time Manipulation?

Kang drained Thor's mjolnir enchantment of it's ability to travel through time. His 40th Century and above tech alone to me puts him at least above regular Herald level if he was able to do that to Thor's hammer. However, you are free to try to argue that he should be lowered, I am listening.

Dr. Strange can manipulate time up to a certain extent yes. If you want to use any specific time manipulating spells, then you would have to pay for it. If its not listed on the abilities list, you are free to use it.

However Dr. Strange is 6 points. With Time Manipulation (19 points) the total cost os now 25 points. However, since the default is that no one gets any prep, you would have to argue that Dr. Strange could pull that spell off without any prior preparation, and while fighting off
the opposing team. So there is a drawback if you want to attempt it.

Offhand, I do not know who Rip Hunter is. Could you please provide a link?
In reference to the Thunderbolt, you said that Thunderbolt with Time Manipulation would be 39 pts and thus not do-able. However, my understanding was that under the rules, 20 pt characters (like the Thunderbolt) don't need to pay an additional cost for their various abilities. Could you resolve this contradiction?

I apologize. I was a little tired and didn't catch that mistake. Thunderbolt is a 20 point character and doesn't need to pay for his powers. However, I don't recall Thunderbolt being able to manipulate Time. I put him at 20 due him being able to bend reality itself (which is a very powerful ability) with his mind to push his body way beyond its limits. Could you please provide an example of him stopping time? Also could you provide a link to thunderbolt so you and I are on the same page when discussing this character?

Also WRT thunderbolt, who is controlling it? Is the master included in the 20 pts, or do we need to spend an additional point to buy Jakeem or Johnny? If the latter, could any character we purchase be specified as its master?

??

Could you be a little more specific and provide links to the bios of characters you are talking about? Off-hand I am not sure who you are refering to.

In fact to all participants, from now on, please provide all links to characters you are refering to so I can properly make a decision.

If we wish to buy an Infinity Gem, do we also need to buy the powers that it should grant? Example: If one buys the Mind Gem, do you also need to buy Mind Control?

Well if you want to directly take over there body and use it as if it were your own puppet then yes, you need to buy mind control. However, the mind gem can amp up the normal mental abilities of the character.

Without directly controlling the person's body, with the mind gem, you could argue that your character can attempt to push past mental defenses others have and make them think people who are there aren't, make them see illusions, change what they are seeing, make them hear loud deafening noises that aren't there, make them think they are free-fall in mid-air, falling into quicksand, or drowning in water, and make them feel the mental pain of all these events effectively making them ineffective in battle.

TricksterPriest
Jesus christ Evangel...........The Thunderbolt is a 5D imp. No one in this tournament or any possible merger can stop him.

Almost anything Mr. Mxy has done, the imp can do. There's no limit to his power, save the command of whoever has control over him. And if no one is controlling him, he's effectively godlike. Beyond the power of the Infinity Gauntlet. no expression

Evangel94
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Jesus christ Evangel...........The Thunderbolt is a 5D imp. No one in this tournament or any possible merger can stop him.

Almost anything Mr. Mxy has done, the imp can do. There's no limit to his power, save the command of whoever has control over him. And if no one is controlling him, he's effectively godlike. Beyond the power of the Infinity Gauntlet. no expression

Before I answer, where are you getting your information on Thunderbolt? I am just curious. We don't seem to have the same point of reference here. If its wikipedia, I can understand why there may some trouble with its limited general paragraph entry on the character. If its another site, could you please provide the link so I can see what you are talking about.

Papa Smurph
I think it's based on that whole Morrison JSA/JLA crossover which was basically Thunderbolt's [email protected]

Oh and the Mordru arc in JSA

Evangel94
Originally posted by Evangel94
Kang drained Thor's mjolnir enchantment of it's ability to travel through time. His 40th Century and above tech alone to me puts him at least above regular Herald level if he was able to do that to Thor's hammer. However, you are free to try to argue that he should be lowered, I am listening.

Sorry, I mean 30th Century, not 40th century tech.

Evangel94
Announcement

To all participants, when you are discussing a character please provide a link to a biography on website. I tend to frown on wikipedia somewhat due to its lack of specifics on non-popular/older/not as well known characters, but I will not stop you from using wikipedia entries. All that I ask is that if you have a character in question, and you use wikipedia, please provide a second website bio, or scans of the character as a secondary source.

Also, for the benefit of everyone in this thread, please ask questions regarding characters/rules/regulations/etc to this thread for everyone to see and learn from. Thank you.

-Evangel94

TricksterPriest
Before I answer, where are you getting your information on Thunderbolt? I am just curious. We don't seem to have the same point of reference here. If its wikipedia, I can understand why there may some trouble with its limited general paragraph entry on the character. If its another site, could you please provide the link so I can see what you are talking about.

What the f**k? It's common knowledge.......... Everyone knows he's a 5D imp. Why do you think there's so much griping? And the arc Stacks is refering to is called Fifth Dimension war. Not sure what the Mordru arc is called.

Papa Smurph
Eh after thinking about it T-Bolt isn't really as impressive as someone like Onslaught who could be brought down with the right merger of characters and he's still in-character which means he'll frown upon using more brutal tactics.

Thunderbolt

vs

Sand
Wildcat
Terrific
Captain Marvel
Dr. Fate
Powergirl

You think he's going to be inclined to do something like whipe them out? You don't think Terrific couldn't come up with a way to bring down one of the more prominent members or to talk him down?

Evangel94
What the f**k? It's common knowledge.......... Everyone knows he's a 5D imp. Why do you think there's so much griping? And the arc Stacks is refering to is called Fifth Dimension war. Not sure what the Mordru arc is called.

Since he is a character in question then he must not be common to many. Plus there are at least 3 to 4 different Thunderbolts, so to prevent any confusion please provide a link to the character version you are talking about. It's just a little something I am asking. If you cannot do so at this time, then we can wait until Laminator_X posts a link or scans so I can verify with him and be on the same page as him.

TricksterPriest
What the f**k? T-bolt is an I-win card. Just merge him with someone who has no ethics. Or give command to someone like that. T-bolt would blink Onslaught out of existence.

I provide a link? I provide one? You're the one who put him in Prime Herald. There's only 1 Thunderbolt who belongs in that class.

And the fact that I have to prove who he is, is insulting. thumb down

Evangel94
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
Eh after thinking about it T-Bolt isn't really as impressive as someone like Onslaught who could be brought down with the right merger of characters and he's still in-character which means he'll frown upon using more brutal tactics.

Thunderbolt

vs

Sand
Wildcat
Terrific
Captain Marvel
Dr. Fate
Powergirl

You think he's going to be inclined to do something like whipe them out? You don't think Terrific couldn't come up with a way to bring down one of the more prominent members or to talk him down?

Please posts links to characters you are refering to at least once, so everyone can see who you are refering to, which character version you are talking about, and which specific power you are referencing. This is for everyone's benefit.

TricksterPriest
his plan would fail. You CAN'T beat a 5D imp. And this is a tournament, there is no talking someone down.

Evangel94
What the f**k? T-bolt is an I-win card. Just merge him with someone who has no ethics. Or give command to someone like that. T-bolt would blink Onslaught out of existence.

I provide a link? I provide one? You're the one who put him in Prime Herald. There's only 1 Thunderbolt who belongs in that class.

And the fact that I have to prove who he is, is insulting. thumb down

I am not asking you to prove who he is. I have an idea generally who you are refering to, but it order for me, you, and everyone else reading, voting, and participating in this tournament to be on clear, a link to good bio is necessary. I also ask that you refrain from making excessive negative comments in the future. However constructive criticism is appreciated.

Papa Smurph
And this is a tournament, there is no talking someone down.

Characters are in-character with the possibility of in-fighting amongst each other, you can pretty easily talk someone down.

Evangel94
his plan would fail. You CAN'T beat a 5D imp. And this is a tournament, there is no talking someone down.

That is really up to the circumstances of the battle, and if the participant can argue it convincingly that enough voters are convinced then it may happen. If I recall correctly, didn't Superman beat Mr. Mxy on a few occasions by outwitting him with his mind? Anything is possible if you are able to convincingly argue your point in your write-up and debate without breaking the rules.

TricksterPriest
I am not asking you to prove who he is. I have an idea generally who you are refering to, but it order for me, you, and everyone else reading, voting, and participating in this tournament to be on clear, a link to good bio is necessary. I also ask that you refrain from making excessive negative comments in the future.

.............This is beyond the pale. This is comics 101. The only real response is to drop him from the list. There's no rational or reasonable explanation for keeping him in this. You put a being more powerful than abstracts into this tournament. What the f**k?

TricksterPriest
That is really up to the circumstances of the battle, and if the participant can argue it convincingly that enough voters are convinced then it may happen. If I recall correctly, didn't Superman beat Mr. Mxy on a few occasions by outwitting him with his mind? Anything is possible if you are able to convincingly argue your point in your write-up and debate without breaking the rules.

Mxy LETS Superman win. No sane person would put Mxy against Superman in a real fight.

illadelph12
Let it go Trickster....

Evangel94
.............This is beyond the pale. This is comics 101. The only real response is to drop him from the list. There's no rational or reasonable explanation for keeping him in this. You put a being more powerful than abstracts into this tournament. What the f**k?

Since you are not participating, and you refuse to post a simple bio by implying you shouldn't have to, then I ask that you refrain from making anymore posts in this thread regarding the Thunderbolt topic (unless of course you decide to change your mind and post a bio or scans). I will discuss this further with Laminator_X as necessary.

Oh and Just a little a reminder to everyone involved...

While this is a tournament and everyone is competing with one another, I ask that everyone be respectful and polite to one another.
While constructive criticism is appreciated, I do not tolerate abusive language against others or myself in this tournament.

A little friendly teasing is alright, but let's not take it too far.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Eva can we get a 24 hour notice on when the drafting is going to start, so that peeps can plan on the start time? Because I'm assuming that it's 1st come 1st served as far as characters to be chosen goes. Hence the advanced notice.

cool

If you want exact time, then the 1st Draft and Discussion thread will be opened on February 18th at 9:30AM Central Standard time. If you want to ensure first choice, then I suggest you be awake and on KMC forums a little before 9:30AM to be prepared.

darthgoober
Originally posted by darthgoober
I have a question about power copier's. Is the 8pt. cost automatically tacked on to someone like Super Adaptoid if he wan't to use the powers he already has access to, or is it something that you just have to pay if you want to copy the powers of your opponents?

Laminator_X
Kang didn't remove Mjolnir's time-travel, his future alt-self Immortus did with his vastly superior Time Keeper's tech from the end of time. Kang on his own without the time-travel is exactly as powerful as Vision-Lad from the Young Avengers.

Your asking for links to info about the character that you chose for your short-list of top-tiers? You picked the Thunderbolt but don't know who Johnny and Jakeem are?

I was flattered that you thought to invite me specifically to participate, and I think the concept is great. Unfortunately it seems from your responses that you haven't really thought it through very well, seem to rely on arbitrary snap-judgements based on half-knowledge to fill in any gaps, and aren't willing to consider any changes to your original idea despite numerous people giving you specific examples of why you've created a recipe troubled lop-sided engagements where whomsoever exploits the un-healthy rules the most shamelessly wins.

Sorry Evangel, I'm out.

Evangel94
Kang didn't remove Mjolnir's time-travel, his future alt-self Immortus did with his vastly superior Time Keeper's tech from the end of time. Kang on his own without the time-travel is exactly as powerful as Vision-Lad from the Young Avengers.

They are ALL Kangs. Without, specifying which version (which is not hard btw) then I have to assume you are talking about the most powerful version. So post a link so I know exactly which one you're talking about.

Your asking for links to info about the character that you chose for your short-list of top-tiers? You picked the Thunderbolt but don't know who Johnny and Jakeem are?

You must realize there are at least 4 to 5 different "Thunderbolts" out there. 2 of which can fit in the 20 point category. I can't know who you are talking about off-hand unless you post a link so I know exactly who and which version you are talking about. This was stated in the rules, that characters must have links with them. I have asked this repeatedly and it is not hard to do. I don't only ask this for my benefit, but for all the other participants as well.

I was flattered that you thought to invite me specifically to participate, and I think the concept is great. Unfortunately it seems from your responses that you haven't really thought it through very well, seem to rely on arbitrary snap-judgements based on half-knowledge to fill in any gaps, and aren't willing to consider any changes to your original idea despite numerous people giving you specific examples of why you've created a recipe troubled lop-sided engagements where whomsoever exploits the un-healthy rules the most shamelessly wins.

Sorry Evangel, I'm out.

I have answered every single question you have answered. From Galactus, to bfr, to utter devastation, in great detail. The concept and execution is not hard to grasp. It's a shame you don't want to stay committed to see this through and are going to drop because of a minor issue. I do not force anyone to stay, but if you decide to drop out next time, please do so before sign-ups close.

-Evangel94

Evangel94
Announcement

This tournament is going to be a round-robin style tournament. Every participant will fight three matches. Each match will be against a different participant. You must win at least 2 matches to advance. I will post the schedule after the drafts end.

I will also take part in this tournament. I will fight every participant, but your matches with me will not count towards your overall score. There are simply fun casual matches.

Also, since Laminator_X dropped out, anyone who willing to participate is free to take his spot. You may do so up until the end of the first draft.

King Kandy
Here Evangel, I have an idea... How about instead of making us guess which Thunderbolt you're talking about, YOU post a link to the correct one.

Badabing
.............This is beyond the pale. This is comics 101. The only real response is to drop him from the list. There's no rational or reasonable explanation for keeping him in this. You put a being more powerful than abstracts into this tournament. What the f**k? Trick, this is how tournies go. If you have a problem with a character then it's on you to prove the point. Evangel, or anyone else, can't know every character inside and out. Please be a bit more civil and patient. That goes for everybody. If there's a problem with a character's power level then link as much info as possible and make a case.

mak15
thumb up.

Devil Lance
They are ALL Kangs. Without, specifying which version (which is not hard btw) then I have to assume you are talking about the most powerful version. So post a link so I know exactly which one you're talking about.

You must realize there are at least 4 to 5 different "Thunderbolts" out there. 2 of which can fit in the 20 point category. I can't know who you are talking about off-hand unless you post a link so I know exactly who and which version you are talking about. This was stated in the rules, that characters must have links with them. I have asked this repeatedly and it is not hard to do. I don't only ask this for my benefit, but for all the other participants as well.

I have answered every single question you have answered. From Galactus, to bfr, to utter devastation, in great detail. The concept and execution is not hard to grasp. It's a shame you don't want to stay committed to see this through and are going to drop because of a minor issue. I do not force anyone to stay, but if you decide to drop out next time, please do so before sign-ups close.

-Evangel94

Yes there are several different Thunderbolts but none of them excpet are at the level in which you put it.
Theres a thunderbolt who's a daredevil cast member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbolt_%28Marvel_Comics%29
who could move at super speeds that isn't Galactus level
Then there is the peter Cannon Thunderbolt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Cannon%2C_Thunderbolt
who basically was just peak human not even remotely close to Galactus level
Now lastly theres Johnny Thunder (Thunderbolt/ Genie)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakeem_Thunder
who without the limits of needing comands to use his magic can basically do whatever he wants
heck in Morisson's JLA run he was playing with planets like they were beach balls
I'd actually be almost fine with him if you made whoever picked him draft Jakeem as well but even that is still complicated and >> than starved Galactus

Evangel94
Originally posted by Devil Lance
Yes there are several different Thunderbolts but none of them excpet are at the level in which you put it.
Theres a thunderbolt who's a daredevil cast member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbolt_%28Marvel_Comics%29
who could move at super speeds that isn't Galactus level
Then there is the peter Cannon Thunderbolt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Cannon%2C_Thunderbolt
who basically was just peak human not even remotely close to Galactus level
Now lastly theres Johnny Thunder (Thunderbolt/ Genie)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakeem_Thunder
who without the limits of needing comands to use his magic can basically do whatever he wants
heck in Morisson's JLA run he was playing with planets like they were beach balls
I'd actually be almost fine with him if you made whoever picked him draft Jakeem as well but even that is still complicated and >> than starved Galactus

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Appreciate it.

-Evangel94

darthgoober

Evangel94
My apologies. I missed that post. Any character that is not in the 20 point category you have to pay the ability cost if it is on the ability list. So in the case of Super Adaptoid, yes you have to pay the 8 points.

To all participants, I do my best to answer your questions, but if I happen to miss your question and do not answer in a reasonable period of time, just repost it again. Thank you.

-Evangel94

Evangel94
Just a reminder that if anyone wants to take Laminator_X's vacant spot, they are free to do so until the end of the first draft.

-Evangel94

makbuns
Well done.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by makbuns

Well done.

Hello makmidgethermaphrodite get ready for your 8th ban loser... stop trolling this thread.

makbuns

makbuns
This tourney sucks like the old one.

Tony is one of MANY reasons.

Evangel94
Everyone, simply ignore any sock or troll that decides to be annoying, and add them to your ignore list. The 1000 minimum post voting rule will prevent any sock or troll from voting in your match. No matter how much they bark or whine, they have no voice in this tournament, and are not worthy of your time.

-Evangel94

makbuns
dur?

King Kandy
I also want to object to Thunderbolt. He can basically do anything Mxy can.

makbuns
dur.

Evangel94
Originally posted by King Kandy
I also want to object to Thunderbolt. He can basically do anything Mxy can.

Alright, then I will remove Thunderbolt as long as you or anyone else can suggest a suitable replacement take his spot in the 20 point category. I am open to replacement suggestions.

-Evangel94

makbuns
Fail.

King Kandy
How about the Destroyer Armor?

makbuns
You fail Kandy.

Evangel94
How about the Destroyer Armor?

Interesting. You would have to draft someone to use their soul in order for the Destroyer Armor to function though. But, if you are able to destroy the owner's body while their soul is in the Destroyer Armor then wouldn't the Destroyer Armor stop functioning? I can't recall. Anyway, at the very least it would cost 21 points. I'll take it under consideration.

I was also considering King Thor. Not Rune King Thor, but the King Thor that fought Tony Stark in the Thorbuster Armor.

Anyway, everyone keep suggesting, I'll compile a list of potential candidates. Maybe I will add more than what is just on the current list.

-Evangel94

Papa Smurph
Superboy Prime

Evangel94
Superboy Prime

Sorry, but I think he too powerful for even the 20 point category.

King Kandy
Interesting. You would have to draft someone to use their soul in order for the Destroyer Armor to function though. But, if you are able to destroy the owner's body while their soul is in the Destroyer Armor then wouldn't the Destroyer Armor stop functioning? At the very least it would cost 21 points. I'll take it under consideration.

I was also considering King Thor. Not Rune King Thor, but the King Thor that fought Tony Stark in the Thorbuster Armor.

Anyway keep suggesting, I'll compile a list of potential candidates. Maybe I will add more than what is just on the current list.

-Evangel94
How about it's asumed to have the soul of that hunter guy in it, and he's outside the forcefield?

Evangel94
How about it's asumed to have the soul of that hunter guy in it, and he's outside the forcefield?

Hunter guy? I am not sure who you are talking about.

Anyway, everyone you draft will be inside the forcefield, unless you find a way to bfr them out of the forcefield via magic, tech, or other means. It would not cost you anything to BFR anyone on your team since the cost of BFR'ing only applies to bfr'ing your opponents.

Anyway, keep the suggestions coming. smile

-Evangel94

King Kandy
Well the first time the Destroyer was activated, it was this Hunter guy who stumbled upon it. He was basically just a regular guy in the armor.

Well the point of him being outside the field was that your opponent should be the armor itself, not the person in it.

Evangel94
Well the first time the Destroyer was activated, it was this Hunter guy who stumbled upon it. He was basically just a regular guy in the armor.

Well the point of him being outside the field was that your opponent should be the armor itself, not the person in it.

Well, there's always the ability to make an amalgam isn't there? Just merge them if you don't want to have the empty body hanging around.

Keep the suggestions coming everyone. smile

-Evangel94

King Kandy
Couldn't someone just Amalgamate them with the armor itself?

Evangel94
Couldn't someone just Amalgamate them with the armor itself?

That was what I was referring to, since you didn't like the idea of an empty body with no soul hanging around, but it would have to be a street character since the Destroyer Armor would be 20 points, and amalgam of two characters costs 4 points leaving 1 points for a street character.

-Evangel94

King Kandy
Well at that point the Destroyer wouldn't even be worth buying. Why not just have it come pre-amagamated? That's the only way it could legitimatly be a 20 point character.

Evangel94
Well at that point the Destroyer wouldn't even be worth buying. Why not just have it come pre-amagamated? That's the only way it could legitimatly be a 20 point character.

If no one objects (and if I decide to add the Destroyer Armor), why not just draft the Destroyer Armor version of when Galactus made it his herald? Galactus used the power cosmic to allow the Destroyer Armor to move without a soul and under its own will. It seemed no stronger than it did when it had a regular person in it.

I haven't decided who I should add yet to replace Thunderbolt, but I am also considering Perrikus who fought Thor and later King Thor.

Perrikus:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/perrikus.htm

Keep those suggestions coming everyone. smile

-Evangel94

darthgoober
If people are looking to admit the Destroyer, I'd suggest handling it the same way the Infinity Gems are being handled and give it an independent cost(say 15 pts or so) and add that to the cost of whatever character you're wanting to animate it.

darthgoober
As for 20 pt. pick suggestions, what about Despero?

Evangel94
If people are looking to admit the Destroyer, I'd suggest handling it the same way the Infinity Gems are being handled and give it an independent cost(say 15 pts or so) and add that to the cost of whatever character you're wanting to animate it.

Hmm... I like the idea of treating the Destroyer Armor as an object rather than a character and having them pay for the armor and the character that animates it. If the Destroyer Armor is 15 points, then they can choose whether they want a cheaper 16 point destroyer animated by a random street person. Or even a Loki, who is 6 points, to make a more powerful 21 point powered Destroyer. However, if I admit a 15 point Destroyer Armor, then I have to create a new 15 point category.

Anyway so far for 20 point candidates we have:

King Thor during the Reigning (not Rune King Thor):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_%28Marvel_Comics%29#The_Reigning

Despero
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Despero

Perrikus

Keep those suggestions coming. smile

-Evangel94

darthgoober
Hmm... I like the idea of treating the Destroyer Armor as an object rather than a character and having them pay for the armor and the character that animates it. They can choose whether they want a cheaper 16 point destroyer animated by a random street person. or even a Loki, who is 6 points, to make a 21 point powered Destroyer. However, if I admit a 15 point Destroyer Armor, then I have to create a new 15 point category.

Anyway so far for 20 point candidates we have:

King Thor during the Reigning (not Rune King Thor):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_%28Marvel_Comics%29#The_Reigning

Despero
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Despero

Perrikus
Does 15 pts sound about right for cost to you? I just used that because people seem to immediately adapt to the Destroyer and know how to use it to the fullest so it seemed a little more valuable than an Infinity Gem. But I could understand you lowering the cost to 10 pts so it fits right into the category of the Infinity Gems and you don't have to create a new one for it...

Evangel94
Does 15 pts sound about right for cost to you? I just used that because people seem to immediately adapt to the Destroyer and know how to use it to the fullest so it seemed a little more valuable than an Infinity Gem. But I could understand you lowering the cost to 10 pts so it fits right into the category of the Infinity Gems and you don't have to create a new one for it...

Well the Destroyer Armor can use its own will to slowly take over the soul of whomever is animating it, especially if the person has a weak will which makes it easier for the Destroyer Armor to take over. But if the person is strong enough, then they can resist it. This makes me want to lower the cost a bit.

However, I have to consider the durability of the Destroyer Armor and if any of the 20 point characters can actually hurt it considering the Destroyer Armor is pretty invulnerable. And I have to consider it's disintergrator beam. It makes me want to raise the cost a bit.

I was considering 18 points for the Destroyer Armor. I am not opposed to using the Destroyer Armor as long as I can find the right cost for it.

However, I am completely open for any other suggestions regarding Thunderbolt's replacement. I may even add more than just one person to replace Thunderbolt.

-Evangel94

Tony Stark
I think 18 for the "D" armor would be the very least point value it should be.

darthgoober
What about Classic(Afro) Magus for the 20pt slot?

Evangel94
What about Classic(Afro) Magus for the 20pt slot?

Magus
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/magus.htm

I'll add him to the list of potential candidates. However, the soul-gem still goes to Adam Warlock. It would be helpful if you could post a link for your character when you suggest him. Makes it a little easier on me.

darthgoober
Magus

I'll add him to the list of potential candidates. However, the soul-gem still goes to Adam Warlock. It would be helpful if you could post a link for your character when you suggest him. Makes it a little easier on me.
Hmmm... without the Soul Gem there's really no way to pick him in his classic incarnation because he was never seen without it. You might consider treating him as another version of Warlock(since he technically is) and just give the Soul Gem to whichever one gets drafted if you're going to allow him.

And will do on the bio's for future suggestions.

Evangel94
Hmmm... without the Soul Gem there's really no way to pick him in his classic incarnation because he was never seen without it. You might consider treating him as another version of Warlock(since he technically is) and just give the Soul Gem to whichever one gets drafted if you're going to allow him.

And will do on the bio's for future suggestions.

Was it ever verified that the jewel magus used was actually the soul gem? I can't remember. I thought it may have been a copy or different kind of gem or artifact that boosted Magus's power. If it is the soul gem, then I will just give the soul gem to whichever version gets drafted first.

-Evangel94

darthgoober
Was it ever verified that the jewel magus used was actually the soul gem? I can't remember. I thought it may have been a copy or different kind of gem or artifact that boosted Magus's power. If it is the soul gem, then I will just give the soul gem to whichever version gets drafted first.

-Evangel94
It was never specifically stated because the specific differences in the Infinity Gems hadn't been established yet, but I think it's a safe assumption that it's Adam's Soul Gem because it's the one he went into his metamorphosis with.

King Kandy

-Evangel94
Why not just give it to them both? In the original story, they both had the gem at the same time, so why can't it be that way in this tourney?

Though really, he fits the fifteen or ten points better then 20. He was above pre-ressurection Thanos, but not enough so that he would be wildly more expensive.

Also I question Pluto being in the 20 point category. Warrior Madness Thor (without the power gem) beat him and Ares at the same time with relative ease.

Evangel94
Why not just give it to them both? In the original story, they both had the gem at the same time, so why can't it be that way in this tourney?

Though really, he fits the fifteen or ten points better then 20. He was above pre-ressurection Thanos, but not enough so that he would be wildly more expensive.

Also I question Pluto being in the 20 point category. Warrior Madness Thor (without the power gem) beat him and Ares at the same time with relative ease.

Let me share my thoughts on why I put Pluto in the 20 point category. If you still have a problem after this, I am willing to listen as you make your case.

While Pluto was defeated in combat outside his realm (which makes him weaker than normal), he was fighting "Warrior Madness Thor." The purported version that is "10x stronger" than normal thor (probably not that strong, but still alot stronger than normal thor none-the-less). I view it in the the same way you can pick 6 point Superman and argue that he can give 20 point Darkseid trouble.

It's not only the physical strength that matters. Pluto, like Hela, is a Death God and ruler of his very own realm. He has an energy draining 'death' touch that can even affect other gods, adamantine axe which he can focus and channel his energy, walls of mystical flame, forcefields that can protect him and trap others, and a helmet of invisibility which makes him invisible and undetectable even to other gods. I also believe he can travel between dimensions and time travel.

Its the variety of his powers, not his pure physical strength, that put him in the 20 point category.

-Evangel

Capt Spaulding
Just coming in here to wish everyone good luck in your tourney Evangel. smile

Devil Lance
How about Mordru for a 20 pointer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordru

xmarksthespot
Despero
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Despero You already have Despero as a 10 point character. 131Originally posted by Devil Lance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordru Lord of Chaos... or the Runner w/out the Space Gem... Lord of Chaos... or the Runner w/out the Space Gem... hmm

Evangel94
Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
Just coming in here to wish everyone good luck in your tourney Evangel. smile

Good luck to you as well. smile

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
You already have Despero as a 10 point character.

Thanks for pointing that out. Glad to see I am not the only one who is keeping a watchful eye over this tournament. smile

I am going to post the list from the rules thread onto here so I can have it here in this thread as well.

Evangel94
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordru

Sorry, but based of that link, he is too powerful for this tournament.

TricksterPriest
..............Darkseid has one-shotted Mordru and drained his powers.........

batdude123
..............Darkseid has one-shotted Mordru and drained his powers.........

In an alternate future storyline.

Seriously, don't be dense here, Trick. Mordru is way too much for this tourney.

And besides, you need to quit bitching about the Darkseid situation here. In the past three years, Darkseid hasn't exactly been at his Kirby-level.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by batdude123
In an alternate future storyline.

Seriously, don't be dense here, Trick. Mordru is way too much for this tourney.

And besides, you need to quit bitching about the Darkseid situation here. In the past three years, Darkseid hasn't exactly been at his Kirby-level.

Evangel apparently wants to handicap DS to the point of uselessness. thumb down

and the Mordru thing was a knee-jerk reaction.

This tournament is broken anyways, so I'm not gonna bother. srug

Papa Smurph
Even without the caps the only thing Darkseid's good for is begging for quarters and zapping himself with the Omega Effect.

Evangel94
Evangel apparently wants to handicap DS to the point of uselessness. thumb down

and the Mordru thing was a knee-jerk reaction.

This tournament is broken anyways, so I'm not gonna bother. srug

How does me capping Darkseid to his showings in the past 3 years make him useless? Darkseid may not be the tremendously powerful threat as he was back in the silver/bronze age of comics, but he is still a powerful threat.

TricksterPriest
I hope someone picks DS and this drags on long enough for Final Crisis to come out. I'll be sure to remind you to eat your words on a stick. wink

Tony Stark
I hope someone picks DS and this drags on long enough for Final Crisis to come out. I'll be sure to remind you to eat your words on a stick. wink

confused

Trick did you say something...?

Tony Stark
No...Nevermind... I guess not, it was just DS going on a little trip.

Evangel94
Heh, I've never seen that happen to Darkseid before. I don't have to ban stairs in this tournament now do I? stick out tongue

-Evangel94

Capt Spaulding
people twisted my arm, I'll join if you'll allow it mhmm

makbro
How does me capping Darkseid to his showings in the past 3 years make him useless? Darkseid may not be the tremendously powerful threat as he was back in the silver/bronze age of comics, but he is still a powerful threat. .

Badabing
confused

Trick did you say something...? Originally posted by Tony Stark
No...Nevermind... I guess not, it was just DS going on a little trip. This isn't necessary on a tournament discussion thread. I don't want to see anymore of this Tony Stark. Thanks.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Badabing
This isn't necessary on a tournament discussion thread. I don't want to see anymore of this Tony Stark. Thanks.

Sir yes Sir... Trick deserved those, none the less I won't use them in this thread outside of the tournement itself if needed. Can I come out of my room now.

smileysownly
reported

Badabing
Sir yes Sir... Trick deserved those, none the less I won't use them in this thread outside of the tournement itself if needed. Can I come out of my room now. No, it was unprovoked. Consider this a warning. Please don't do it again. Thanks.

Edit: The pic was not appropriate for a comic book forum.

Evangel94
Last day for replacement suggestions for Thunderbolt in the 20 point category. I will post who I will allow into the category tonight. Also, just a reminder to all that drafts start tommorow at 9:30 AM Central Standard Time.

-Evangel94

Devil Lance
I nominate current Cyborg Superman for a 20 pointer
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t463599.html

Evangel94
Hmm...is Cyborg Superman really a 20 point character? He seems like a 10 point character (one level above 6 point Superman).

-Evangel94

Evangel94
Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
people twisted my arm, I'll join if you'll allow it mhmm

Of course you are allowed to join, Capt. Spaulding.

Here's a link to the rules if you have any questions:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=477160&pagenumber=1

The current roster is getting a slight revamp, with some changes to the 20 point character class. If you want to suggest any characters, you are free to do so.

-Evangel94 smile

Devil Lance
Hmm...is Cyborg Superman really a 20 point character? He seems like a 10 point character (one level above 6 point Superman).

-Evangel94

meh he sowned people like Mongul before I'd say hes on par with the DS you're using for the tourney especially if you let whoever picks him use his Sinestro Corps ring

Evangel94
meh he sowned people like Mongul before I'd say hes on par with the DS you're using for the tourney especially if you let whoever picks him use his Sinestro Corps ring

Well if there are no objections, then I will add him to the list of potential candidates.

King Kandy
When is the draft again? It's tomorrow, but what's the time?

King Kandy
I object. Mongul is no way, shape or form on the same level as Galactus, H/P Doomsday, or really anyone on that level.

Evangel94
When is the draft again? It's tomorrow, but what's the time?

The draft thread will be created tomorrow at 9:30AM Central Standard Time.

I object. Mongul is no way, shape or form on the same level as Galactus, H/P Doomsday, or really anyone on that level.

Just so I understand you correctly, are you objecting to Cyborg Superman being placed in the 20 point category?

-Evangel94

King Kandy
Correct. Neither of them belong in that category.

Evangel94
Correct. Neither of them belong in that category.

I agree with King Kandy on this one. Cyborg Superman shouldn't be placed in the 20 point category. If I did add him, he would be in the 10 point category, depending on the version and whether he has the sinestro rings or not.

-Evangel94

King Kandy
In my opinion Destroyer Armor is the best bet. It may be naturally inert, but on the other hand you can amalgamate with it without paying...

To bad my ideal character would come one point ahead of the limit.

Devil Lance

Thats not what I was saying

I'm saying since CS has onwed (and one shotted) people like Mongul before
like here
http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=returnofsuperman335bh7.jpg
Not that Mongul is in that class roll eyes (sarcastic)
Note Mongul isn't as nearly as weak as you are trying to make him out to be
Hes taken on Superman and Green Lantern at the same time before
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-01.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-02-03.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-04.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-05.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-06-07.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-08.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-09.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-10.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-11.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-12.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-13.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-14.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-15.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-16.jpg

King Kandy
Oh really? Not only were they beating him pretty handily, that was also like one of the first times Kyle had ever fought.

Evangel94

The soul gem will go to whomever picks Adam Warlock or Magus first. I don't want duplicate Infinity Gems in this tournament. I agree Magus doesn't fit the 20 point category, more like 10 point category.

While people have suggested many characters to be added, not too many have been suggested for 20 point category.

---------------------------
Suggestions that pass so far-

for 10 points.
Magus

Cyborg Superman -(With Objection By King Kandy into placing him into 20 point category so I placed him here until further discussion.)

For 20 points-
King Thor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_(Marvel_Comics)#The_Reigning

Perrikus

I will probably pick one from the 20 point category to replace Thunderbolt, and maybe 2 two from the 10 point suggestions.

-----------------------------

As to the Destroyer Armor, I was considering letting it in for 18 points plus the cost of whomever you want to animate it, but it seems that it may be unfair to the other 20 point characters since it may be too powerful. However I am on the fence and am willing to listen to anyone's opinion on the matter. Does its extreme invulnerability and disintergrator beam make it too powerful for this tournament?

Devil Lance
Oh really? Not only were they beating him pretty handily, that was also like one of the first times Kyle had ever fought.

What the heck is your definition of pretty handilly?
anyways he was take all of their shot sone after another and was still standing
Cyborg supes took him out with one shot one
and thats with out the sinestro corps rings and before Cyborg had a full understanding of his powers
Cyborg superman would beat someone like despero without his SC ring atleast 6/10 times given his SC rings and his willhunters he'd beat them 8-9/10

He's 20 point easilly
you didn't read the sinestro corps war I'm guessing did you roll eyes (sarcastic)

Evangel94
Updated list of Current Participants

King Kandy
The soul gem will go to whomever picks Adam Warlock or Magus first. I don't want duplicate Infinity Gems in this tournament. I agree Magus doesn't fit the 20 point category, more like 10 point category.

While people have suggested many characters to be added, not too many have been suggested for 20 point category.

---------------------------
Suggestions that pass so far-

for 10 points.
Magus

Cyborg Superman -(With Objection By King Kandy into placing him into 20 point category so I placed him here until further discussion.)

For 20 points-
King Thor

Perrikus

I will probably pick one from the 20 point category to replace Thunderbolt, and maybe 2 two from the 10 point suggestions.

-----------------------------

As to the Destroyer Armor, I was considering letting it in for 18 points plus the cost of whomever you want to animate it, but it seems that it may be unfair to the other 20 point characters since it may be too powerful. However I am on the fence and am willing to listen to anyone's opinion on the matter. Does its extreme invulnerability and disintergrator beam make it too powerful for this tournament?
Maybe the Destroyer armor can be an item instead of a character.

I object to Magus being draftable without the Soul Gem. He was never without out it, there's no way to gauge what his power would be like without it.

Oh, i've got a good character for the twenty point category! How about the Keeper?

Faceman
Updated list of Current Participants

Tony Stark was banned, you might want to get someone else to take his place.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Faceman
Tony Stark was banned, you might want to get someone else to take his place.

wallbash

Was it because of him posting those two Darkseid pictures? According to his account he only got a 3 day suspension. The tournament may be delayed until he returns or someone can take his place.

Although, I don't want to start drafts without him before he returns because that will be unfair to all the other participants as they reveal their strategy and character choices.

I guess that gives us more time for suggestions for characters. Also this tournament is still open for those who wish to join even if Tony Stark comes back.

Faceman
wallbash

Was it because of him posting those two Darkseid pictures? According to his account he only got a 3 day suspension. I don't want to start with less than 9. So it may be delayed.

Oh yeah I just noticed you're correct 3 day warning ,carry on.

Evangel94
Maybe the Destroyer armor can be an item instead of a character.

I object to Magus being draftable without the Soul Gem. He was never without out it, there's no way to gauge what his power would be like without it.

Oh, i've got a good character for the twenty point category! How about the Keeper?

Magus stopped having his 'version' of the soul gem since his appearance in Infinity War and later. Adam Warlock no longer has his gem either since it is in the possession of the Illuminati. I am simply giving the soul gem to whomever drafts Adam Warlock or Magus first as a bonus for picking those characters. There will be no duplicate Infinity Gems. So if you want the soul gem, draft either Magus or Warlock first before anyone else.

Also, I am not sure who the keeper is. Do you have a bio or scans of the character that you can share?

-Evangel94

xmarksthespot
Cyborg Superman, with his Qwardian power rings fits well into a 20 point category, when the only other place to put him is a 10 point category next to Apocalypse and PG-less Champion. ermm

Circe
Onimar Synn
The Doctor
Jenny Quantum

Evangel94
Cyborg Superman, with his Qwardian power rings fits well into a 20 point category, when the only other place to put him is a 10 point category next to Apocalypse and PG-less Champion. ermm

Circe
Onimar Synn
The Doctor
Jenny Quantum

Since King Kandy objected to placing Cyborg Superman in the 20 point category, I waited to hear him out. I haven't really added anyone officially to the list yet as I am just compiling a list of candidates to add to it.

I agree with you that Cyborg Superman with the Rings should be in the 20 point category however. Other lesser versions of Cyborg Superman, not so much though.

I will take you suggestions under consideration. In the future, it would be helpful if you could include any bios or scans with the characters you suggest. Thank you.

---------------------------------

To all participants, the tournament drafts will be delayed either until Tony Stark comes back in 2 and a half days from his ban (unless you prefer to reveal your strategy to a potential opponent ahead of time) or until someone takes his place. Please bear with this as this is the second participant who has managed to get him or herself banned either permanantly or temporarily. Thank you.

-Evangel94

Papa Smurph
I'd actually rather just have drafts start tomorrow.

xmarksthespot
Circe
Onimar Synn
The Doctor
Jenny Quantum

Or the wizard Shazam outside of the Rock of Eternity possibly...

Evangel94
I'd actually rather just have drafts start tomorrow.

Is this the case? Since I already announced that the drafts would be pushed back, and people may have already read that and are no longer online to see any changes I may make, I will delay the drafts 1 day at least.

I will reschedule them on Tuesday without Tony Stark. It will also give me an extra day to review all the suggestions for the 20 point category. Please have all suggestions posted on this thread by midnight tonight. No more suggestions for the categories will be taken.

-Evangel94

Papa Smurph
tbh monday and weekends are my only free mornings, so it's w/e.

King Kandy
Could you change the time to 6:30 PM central? Because on tuesday there's no possible way for me to get to the draft at 9:30 AM.

Evangel94
Could you change the time to 6:30 PM central? Because on tuesday there's no possible way for me to get to the draft at 9:30 AM.

Alright, I will change it to night time at 6:30PM for Tuesday if no one has a problem with it.

I was thinking of doing drafting at night instead of the early morning. Let me know if it is alright everyone.

King Kandy
That is good. I kind of have to be at school in the morning, you know. Monday was okay because it was a day off.

Evangel94
No more suggestions will be accepted!

Here are current list of suggestions:
For 10 points.
Magus

For 20 points-
King Thor

Perrikus

Sinestro Corps Cyborg Superman

AND

Circe
Onimar Synn
The Doctor
Jenny Quantum

Or the wizard Shazam outside of the Rock of Eternity possibly...

I will go through all the suggestions and post who I will add tommorow. As for the Destroyer Armor, I think I will keep it out of this tournament because I think its invulnerability and disintegrator beam that even was threat to Odin is too powerful for this tournament.

-Evangel94

Evangel94
After looking at all the suggestions I am going to add the following:

For 10 points:
Classic 'Afro' Magus

For 20 points:

Circe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circe_(comics)
http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=circe

Perrikus

Sinestro Corps Cyborg Superman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Henshaw

Thunderbolt is removed. Any final objections to these characters?

Evangel94
The drafts will be tommorow at 6:30PM Central Standard Time at King Kandy's request.

I have also decided that the Destroyer Armor for this tournament will not allowed. It is simply too much for this tournament since it can kill Odin himself with its disintegrator beam, and nothing short of a celestial is breaking its armor. There are plenty of other characters to choose from and the Destroyer is too much for this tournament.

-Evangel94

EDIT: Tony Stark should back around the third draft once his temporary suspension is lifted.

Evangel94
I thought I would take this time to remind people of the rules of the tournament.

King Kandy
Question: If it's impossible to teleport in and out of the forcefield, how is BFR supposed to work?

Evangel94
Let me rephrase...

The forcefield prevents anyone from 'physically' leaving (including teleporters like nightcrawler who can teleport in and out, and in and out), and it prevents you from summoning help from other dimensions (summoning one of your comrades back from a BFR or summoning some giant super powerful monster to help).

However you can 'transport' or 'bfr' your opponents via magic, tech, or other means from the battlefield. So, Dr. Strange opening a dimensional rift via magic, Dr. Doom opening a portal via tech, or Darkseid using the Omega beams to remove one opponent from the battlefield is allowed.

All transported or bfr'd beings can return if they have the power to so. For example, Thor spinning his hammer and transporting himself back to the battlefield or Dr. Strange casting a spell to return.

However you cannot physically return to the battlefield. ie Superman flying really really fast back to the battlefield.

I hope I cleared it up.

-Evangel94

King Kandy
No you didn't... I don't see the difference between nightcrawler teleporting and Dr. Strange or Darkseid teleporting someone.

King Kandy
Oh hey, I know it's to late for suggestions but Insane Genis would have been a good 20-pointer.

Evangel94
No you didn't... I don't see the difference between nightcrawler teleporting and Dr. Strange or Darkseid teleporting someone.

Then I am just going to simplify the rule then. If a character manages BFR's them self out of the battlefield, then that is considered a forfeit for that character.

King Kandy
So now you CAN get in and out of the forcefield, it's just illegal?

So if your character can get back in, is it still BFR?

Symmetric Chaos
Then I am just going to simplify the rule then. If a character manages BFR's them self out of the battlefield, then that is considered a forfeit for that character.

The problem is that you made the rules that make leaving the battlefield impossible.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The problem is that you made the rules that make leaving the battlefield impossible.
Yeah exactly, if you can't physically get out, and you can't teleport out, and you can't leave the dimesnion, then BFR isn't possible in the first place, regardless of it being legal or not.

Evangel94
This discussion is here to work out any problems before the tournament actually begins, so I have simplified and corrected the rule accordingly. The more problems that get corrected, the smoother the tournament will be.

If a character willingly chooses to leave the battlefield, then he or she is considered forfeit and cannot return. A forcefield surrounds the battlefield to prevent anyone from punching another person out of the battlezone.

You cannot summon characters to help from other dimensions, and you cannot have another character bring back a BFR'd character if that BFR'd character doesn't have the power to return themselves.

For example, Darkseid uses him omega beams and BFR's an opponents Superman from the battlefield. Dr. Strange cannot cast a spell that would magically teleport superman back.

-Evangel94

King Kandy
So now you CAN teleport out of the forcefield, and it's immediate disqualification?

So if I BFR my opponent, he's disqualified even if he can get back in?

Evangel94
So now you CAN teleport out of the forcefield, and it's immediate disqualification?

So if I BFR my opponent, he's disqualified even if he can get back in?

If you BFR yourself, then that is considered leaving the battlefield of your own free will and it is considered a surrender. This is supposed to be a battle and you are suppose to fight the other team.

If you BFR an opponent's character who doesn't have the power to return, then the opponent's BFR'd character is disqualified. If they have the power to return then they can do so, and it is not considered a disqualification. So, with that in mind it would be better to save your BFR for an opponent's character who cannot return under their own power.

-Evangel94

EDIT: Since I see where this is going, I am going to impose a 10 minute limit for a character to return to the battlefield if they have the power to do so.

psycho gundam
who are the fighters and what is going on?

Evangel94
Originally posted by psycho gundam
who are the fighters and what is going on?

These are the fighters psycho gundam.

You basically have 25 points to pick any character, team, or amalgam.

Rules are located here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t477386.html

Do you wish to join this tournament?

-Evangel94

psycho gundam
sure

Evangel94
Originally posted by psycho gundam
sure

Great. I will add you to the list of participants. The first tournament draft starts tommorow on Tuesday at 6:30PM Central Standard Time. You will pick one character or item when tommorow's draft starts.

Also there were a few minor changes made to the rules since the beginning of this thread. Nothing major. Just a few extra characters added and some rule clarification. I am sure you can read through the pages and find out. If not, just send me a PM and I will bring you up to speed.

Evangel94
Before the drafting starts, I just want to wish all the participates good luck with their drafts, and hopefully everyone will be satisfied with their final picks.

-Evangel94 smile

Evangel94
The following dates and times are when the draft threads will be created. If you want to ensure your choice, be there at the beginning of the thread.

All Times listed are Central Standard Time

1st Draft
Tuesday (Today):
6:30PM

2nd Draft
Wednesday:
2:30PM

3rd Draft
Thursday:

Final Draft
Friday:

psycho gundam
so uh.... since I'm the only one here, can i just claim my picks?

King Kandy
No... Why would you be able to?

psycho gundam
trying to get a reaction to get this going, and it seemed to work smart

King Kandy
So draft starts in 20 minutes...

Evangel94
Just a minor delay. I will open the draft thread at 6:45 PM CST instead of 6:30. Do no not post picks in this thread. Also, you can only choose one character or item for this draft.

-Evangel94

psycho gundam
its 7:20

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>