Mantis vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
not many are likely to be familiar with him, but mantis is a friggin' beast who has handed both superman and hal their heads. it's basically the guy who can absorb any type of energy and is practically a god, vs the most powerful herald of galactus.

i thought it an interesting match up. smile

quanchi112
Surfer all day.

guy222
norrin

King_Mungi
I don't know as Mantis is an underated beast, he has defeated Green Lantern by absorbing all his powers and then on a seperate occasion he one-shotted Dr.Fate and Hal Jordan.

In Super Powers #3 , he was taking on Wonder Woman, Dr.Fate and Hal Jordan at the same time and was having his way with them.

leonidas
Originally posted by King_Mungi
I don't know as Mantis is an underated beast, he has defeated Green Lantern by absorbing all his powers and then on a seperate occasion he one-shotted Dr.Fate and Hal Jordan.

In Super Powers #3 , he was taking on Wonder Woman, Dr.Fate and Hal Jordan at the same time and was having his way with them.

yes

there have been allusins to his being nearly on par with darkseid. smile

Galan007
I'd take Mantis from back in the day, every single time against Surfer.

Current Mantis is a different story though.

Bad Ash231
Pre-Crisis Mantis wins. uhuh

TricksterPriest
He's not nearly on par with DS. This was proven when he used all his power from GL and I think a few others to try and overthrow DS. Darkseid laughed it off.

I'll go with what Galan said. In the old days, Mantis used to fight Infinity Man evenly.

Now? He could take some, but Surfer could probably take the majority.

Gecko4lif
Mantis varies to wildly

At his peak he anally rapes surfer eaisly

If we are going by average showings surfer take the majority

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
I'd take Mantis from back in the day, every single time against Surfer.

Current Mantis is a different story though.

not too familiar with the current version of mantis, but i agree the old version wins this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.