Jedi/Sith vs. Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/superman-vs1.htm

0°Mandalore°0
I hate to say this, but most Jedi/Sith would be ultimately crushed by Superman..

Rogue Jedi
a Sith would have a fighting chance, I agree with the article.

Cryo
There is no Jedi or Sith who could even touch Superman. He moves with the speed of light. Superman would crush them all in less than one nanosecond. He is much faster much stronger an almost invulnerable with the exception of Kryptonite and red sun radiation.

darthsith19
I think most Jedi and Sith would lose to Superman, but a few might stand a chance. Darth Caedus, NJO/LotF Luke, DE Sidious might stand a chance. Also Exar Kun simply because I can imagine if SUperman got his by an Amulet blast he might get hurt, though I doubt Exar would win, Superman could probably just dodge the Amulet Blasts anyways.

darthsith19
Edit: Double Post

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Cryo
There is no Jedi or Sith who could even touch Superman. He moves with the speed of light. Superman would crush them all in less than one nanosecond. He is much faster much stronger an almost invulnerable with the exception of Kryptonite and red sun radiation. you have to remember that they will know what Superman is gonna do before he does it, and that they can use a kryptonite based saber.

Lord Knightfa11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftpo6tUUJ_k

not my vid, but watch and learn, padawan.

Blax_Hydralisk
Considering Superman can destroy solar systems with sneezes and can fly faster then light..

He would actually solo the entire thousands of years Jedi and Sith orders, AND Imperial navies, in a matter of days.

Captain REX
Champions of the Force are in a different league that super heroes... and it is a much lower league. The Force is not and never was meant to be magical or super-powerful.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftpo6tUUJ_k

not my vid, but watch and learn, padawan. yeah, Yoda pwned Superman.....so?

Rogue Jedi
Even better:

fw77i2nINGQ&feature=related

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Considering Superman can destroy solar systems with sneezes That was Pre-Crisis Superman, who worked on a ridiculously higher level than current Superman.

Even so, current Superman would still make DE Sidious, NJO Luke, Caedus, Bane, Revan, Nihilus, and pretty much any other SW character, look like small children in comparison. Hell, he could possibly solo them.

Rogue Jedi
You guys keep forgetting that a Jedi/Sith will know what superman is gonna do before he does it, and can use the force to lessen his attacks. That, plus a kryptonite lightsaber......

Soljer
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
You guys keep forgetting that a Jedi/Sith will know what superman is gonna do before he does it, and can use the force to lessen his attacks. That, plus a kryptonite lightsaber......

You keep forgetting that precognition is still cognition based. By the time the first synapse has fired in the Jedi's mind, he will be a red smear.

Rogue Jedi
Depends on the Jedi, I guess.

Elite Hunter
I'm no superman expert I believe that he must have faced an opponent with some sort of precognition skills before. Plus the jedi/sith would not have a kryptonite lightsaber. But i would say that some of the upper tier jedi/sith might stand a chance but since i'm no superman expert i'm not sure who would win though a jed/sith's best chance would probably be in the beging to try and use tk,force choke,crush and maybe drain. I wonder how being hit by lightning would affect him.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I'm no superman expert I believe that he must have faced an opponent with some sort of precognition skills before. Plus the jedi/sith would not have a kryptonite lightsaber. But i would say that some of the upper tier jedi/sith might stand a chance but since i'm no superman expert i'm not sure who would win though a jed/sith's best chance would probably be in the beging to try and use tk,force choke,crush and maybe drain. I wonder how being hit by lightning would affect him. Why wouldnt a Jedi/Sith have a kryptonite saber? In a scenario crazy enough that Superman would be facing a Jedi/Sith, you have to allow the possibility of a Jedi/Sith having one.

darthsith19
Why wouldnt a Jedi/Sith have a kryptonite saber? In a scenario crazy enough that Superman would be facing a Jedi/Sith, you have to allow the possibility of a Jedi/Sith having one.
Because that's not the type of crystal that a Jedi uses to make a lightsaber. If it were, Superman obviously would stand NO chance.

Dark-Jaxx
Who says Kryptonite would even be compatible with a LS? Also, Precog is useless if you are not fast enough to use it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by darthsith19
Because that's not the type of crystal that a Jedi uses to make a lightsaber. If it were, Superman obviously would stand NO chance. as I said, if the situation is crazy enough that they are fighting, you have to allow the possibility that the Jedi/Sith have a kryptonite saber, or some other kryptonite based weapon.

Elite Hunter
And kryptonite is not part of the galaxy so the jedi/sith would have no access to it. Seriously by giving it the jedi/sith superman stands almost no chance and ruins this thread.

Rogue Jedi
If the Jedi/Sith fight Superman on Earth, they have access to it, as does Lex Luthor, so on Earth, Jedi/Sith pwn Superman. In the SW galaxy, Superman has no power, because the yellow sun of the Earth is what gives him his power. So Superman gets pwned either way.

Elite Hunter
If the Jedi/Sith fight Superman on Earth, they have access to it, as does Lex Luthor, so on Earth, Jedi/Sith pwn Superman. In the SW galaxy, Superman has no power, because the yellow sun of the Earth is what gives him his power. So Superman gets pwned either way.
This statement has a lot fanboyism in it. The jedi/sith wouldn't have time to look for it. And I highly doubt it will fall out of the sky near the (battle if it was on earth) and they most likely would not be near any. In fact you can't logically assume there would be kryptonite at the battle location. It just seems to me you are trying to give the sw characters an unfair advantage which puts in question the validity of this thread.

If you want to discuss who would win,I have no problem but keep the very unrealistic things out of the duel. To make the duel the way it so it is fair is that it is on a nuetral turf and all their powers work.

Rogue Jedi
This statement has a lot fanboyism in it. The jedi/sith wouldn't have time to look for it. And I highly doubt it will fall out of the sky near the (battle if it was on earth) and they most likely would not be near any. In fact you can't logically assume there would be kryptonite at the battle location. It just seems to me you are trying to give the sw characters an unfair advantage which puts in question the validity of this thread.

If you want to discuss who would win,I have no problem but keep the very unrealistic things out of the duel. To make the duel the way it so it is fair is that it is on a nuetral turf and all their powers work. not all battles are held under idealistic conditions. a Jedi/Sith would probably know about kryptonite, Lex Luthor has access to it, so why wouldnt a Sith? This thread is all about different conditions and locales. The two locales that are most likely are Earth and the SW universe. we have already established thet in the SW universe, superman is nothing. and on Earth, even WITHOUT a kryptonite saber, theres no way of knowing how a regular lightsaber would affect Superman. as far as we know, that might be all they need, in addition to their force powers.

Just as a Jedi/Sith depends on the force, Superman depends on the sun. Jedi/Sith have access to the force anywhere, because the force revolves around life, and Earth has life, so they have equal powers here, and we all saw what happened when superman lost his powers, Lex's henchmen kicked his superass. a Jedi/Sith are at least trained in hand to hand combat, they can at least fight without the force and kickass, Superman, without his powers, without the light of the sun, fights like a 5 year old retarded girl.

so its safe to say that here on Earth, its likely a Jedi/Sith would win, and that in the SW universe, fighting Superman is no more difficult than fighting an annoying fly.

Theres no fanboyism here, just cold hard facts.

Elite Hunter
not all battles are held under idealistic conditions. a Jedi/Sith would probably know about kryptonite, Lex Luthor has access to it, so why wouldnt a Sith?

You have to put a duel between 2 characters of different universes at a setting where both characters are at their peak. Anything else is not an accurate way to determine who is more powerful. Luthor is hios arch enemy so of course he knows about it. How would a jedi/sith know. What they are going to read his mind learn about it and somehow make an escape to find some? Not gonna happen considering sups. is faster. Kryptonite is out of the question and is non factor unless of course you say (since your the thread starter) that they have kryptonite which causes this thread to be a waste of time.

I'm glad you are actually posting a credible argument instead on using the old kryptonite excuse.
Lightsaber would cut most likely go through the man of steel or at least hurt him alot. As i said the jedi/sith best chance is to use the force and especially at the begining of the fight.

If you want the sups. to be weak than this thread is pointless because it becomes overkill.

Like I said, I don't know much about sups. to make a fair and unbiased decision. But I know that the members here that know a thing or 2 about him would definitely not agree with your opinion.

Saying that the jedi/sith would automatically know about kryptonite and where to find or even for them have it on their their personal possession before the battle(whether it is in a saber or not) IS a fanboyish remark there is no getting around the fact that you gave one side the other sides weakness especially when the characters involved are from different universes.

Quark_666
Superman came from an unusually strong galaxy, where everybody was like him but nobody could fly. Who is to say the Star Wars galaxy isn't the same way?

Besides, I think Superman can cream any Jedi in a fair fight, but seeing how vulnerable he is to the lame villians they put him up against in the movies, I think the Jedi Order consists of plenty of geniuses that could dwarf Lex Luther's best IQ score if they were half dead and half drunk.

Just compare SW characters with Superman's villians. Who is smarter...Darth Revan or Lux Luther? Who has better technology...modern internet or the Jedi Archives?

But I must agree with Elite Hunter...the Jedi would be clueless. It isn't as if they caught on instantly with the Vong invaders.

I frankly don't think very highly of the Superman movies. Even if Superman can beat the entire SW universe, that just proves his existence is that much more pointless. The thoughts that go through Mace Windu's mind make Windu ten times better than any looser who is genetically guaranteed to win every fight. Revan's genius is better then superman's regardless of whether Superman has lightning speeds.

0°Mandalore°0
This thread has lasted a surprising amount of time without being closed...

Draco69
as I said, if the situation is crazy enough that they are fighting, you have to allow the possibility that the Jedi/Sith have a kryptonite saber, or some other kryptonite based weapon.

Kryptonite isn't very effective against Superman these days.

He's built up an immunity to in fact.

It can still weaken him but really it's just annoyance rather than an actual danger to his health.

In fact, Superman regularly faces a foe completely comprised of Kryptonite (and can transform his arms into bladed weapons) but really Superman only feels a little sick during his battles with him.

He doesn't automatically lose his powers and fraught with paralzing agony like the old days.

Draco69
Originally posted by Quark_666
Superman came from an unusually strong galaxy, where everybody was like him but nobody could fly. Who is to say the Star Wars galaxy isn't the same way?

Besides, I think Superman can cream any Jedi in a fair fight, but seeing how vulnerable he is to the lame villians they put him up against in the movies, I think the Jedi Order consists of plenty of geniuses that could dwarf Lex Luther's best IQ score if they were half dead and half drunk.

Just compare SW characters with Superman's villians. Who is smarter...Darth Revan or Lux Luther? Who has better technology...modern internet or the Jedi Archives?

But I must agree with Elite Hunter...the Jedi would be clueless. It isn't as if they caught on instantly with the Vong invaders.

I frankly don't think very highly of the Superman movies. Even if Superman can beat the entire SW universe, that just proves his existence is that much more pointless. The thoughts that go through Mace Windu's mind make Windu ten times better than any looser who is genetically guaranteed to win every fight. Revan's genius is better then superman's regardless of whether Superman has lightning speeds.

You're basing your assumptions on the movie.

Which doesn't fly.

It's like basing your assumptions about the X-Men on the movie when they're two very different universe.

Elite Hunter

Rogue Jedi
wait, before we proceed any further, we are talking about the MOVIES...I probably should have said that to begin with.

Spartan 063
I am no expert on DC comics but how would Luke's Lectric Judgment effect superman?

Man of Christ
Lets settle a few things.

1) Kryptonite argument

If superman is fighting a jedi then, that means the superman universe is combined with the sw universe so jedi have access to it to, but it wont matter, ill explain later why.

2) NjO luke moves so fast as to be a blurr, i think with that he can keep up with superman, pluz the whole precognition. which makes him that much faster to battle, rots yoda, bane,kun,sunrider and windu can do similar damage.

3) Jedi have optimal weaponry

Jedi have the force which has an unlimited amount of possibilities
eg. mace windu could use force crush to stop his heart. Obi wan's jedi mind trick to get him to swallow cryptonite. Revan's death field to demoralize and weaken him. or the handy lightsaber which could decapitate superman with no problem een without cryptonite in the hilt and for a djem so user like rots anakin, would be perfer for reflecting his laser eye beams back at him to either seriously injure him or stun him long enough to go in for the kiss.

sobasically jedi take this 9/10
superman is strong but he doesnt have enough intuition or intelegence to keep up with a jedi

Rogue Jedi
Exactly, VERY well put. Superman gets PWNED.

playa1258
A jedi would get curbstomped by superman in a second. some of the stuff said in this thread is laughable at best and is probaly the inner fanboy talking. A suggest u watch smallville to get a idea of supermans speed he ran from kansas to south america in like 5 seconds. compare this to TPM were Kenobi and Jinn sprint to a hallway and can still be seen. The Jedi got crushed by Clone Troopers in ROTS and were scared of a damn cyborg (Greivous) that Supes would crush in one blow. Were was the great precognation then? Superman is not weak-minded and does not need to breath so your force choke theory goes right out the window. Listen i love Star Wars but putting Jedi against The Powerhouses of Marvel and DC is nothing but the inner fanboy talking. A jedi would have a hard time beating Spider-man let alone Superman.

Spartan 063
well if the battle was on corusant then superman would have to fly through space, Luke could move a black hole in his way sucking in superman, and if you try and say the whole he is faster than light, according to Einstien and his theory of relativity even light gets sucked into a black hole and can't escape.
And I do know that superman is not bound by all physics but he can't escape from a black whole.
and Super man, as far as I know, can't go faster than light.

playa1258
Superman held a blackhole in his hands.

Rogue Jedi
which has SHIT to do with anything. The Jeid have LIGHTSABERS......one wrong move and Superman is split down the middle.

playa1258
Do you rally think a guy that has took the explosive force equal to one million nuclear bombs and sit in the sun is going to be harmed by a lightsaber.

Darth Martin
Is this a joke?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by playa1258
Do you rally think a guy that has took the explosive force equal to one million nuclear bombs and sit in the sun is going to be harmed by a lightsaber. can you provide conclusive proof that he wouldnt be harmed by a lightsaber? or that he wouldnt fall victim to Vaders choke hold? or to Palpantines force lightning?

Cryo
Who's your strongest Jedi/Sith? DE Sidious? LOTF/NJO Luke?
LOL... Superman owns the shit out of them BOTH!!!

This is a being that withstand a 100 megaton nuclear explosion without it messing up his hair. He can move and react at faster then light speeds, he can lift billions of tons, and his heat vision is hotter then the core of the sun. Superman would destroy all of them. Im not a fanboy. Its just common sense. Hes far more powerful than them. Game over

Rogue Jedi
mhmm...still waiting on proof that a lightsaber cannot harm Superman. A lightsaber is unlike anything Superman has ever encountered before, it is a weapon from another galaxy, there is no way to know whether or not it would hurt him. It might slice through him like he was warm butter, then again it might just tickle a bit.

Also, a force wielder from ANOTHER GALAXY is unlike anything Superman has ever faced. If he were to try and take a Sith lord, and the Sith lord attacked with force lightning, you gonna tell me Superman is gonna be ready for it? You gonna tell me that you are CERTAIN it wouldnt hurt him?

As far as his heat vision goes, again, you dont know whether a lightsaber would be able to block it or not, I am betting it could.

And no matter how fast Superman moves, a Jedi/Sith would ALWAYS now ehre he was gonna be, where the next attack was coming from. Not to mention the fact that it is possible that the Jedi/Sith might have access to Kryptonite, rendering Superman as helpless as a girl scout.

Then again, Superman might have access to those creatures Thrawn used, the ones who neutralized a force wielders powers.

There are far too many if's, and's, but's and maybe's.

Cryo
mhmm...still waiting on proof that a lightsaber cannot harm Superman.

It's just light, and Superman gets power from the sun, so the lightsaber could be a refreshing lamp or it would just burn off his clothes, like in Superman 2, but it wouldn't hurt him.
He uses lasers (his own heat vision) to shave himself, so the best the lightsaber could do would to singe his chest hair, or give him a nice shave down there.
Jedis can't actually cut through "everything" with the sword. Example: the big huge door in Episode I. They had to jam in their lightsabers and "melt" a doorway inside the door. The sword was fast to go into the door because they applied all the force to the tip, but was slow cutting because the Jedis are only so strong. Picture you cutting through a watermelon. In the same principle, a lightsaber technically might be able to cut through Superman, but there's nobody strong enough to force it through. Unless you somehow get the Hulk to use a lightsaber. But the Hulk doesn't exist.

playa1258
Did he just say A jedi could block Superman's heatvision with his lightsaber. LMAO Get off your stardestroyer.net fanboy crap.

Elite Hunter
I can't believe how serious this thread has gotten.

Man of Christ
IM sick of all you superman fanboys
let me make this clear
the force can be used to destroy his internal organs, eg
mace uses force crush to pop his heart
vader uses chocke to collapse his trachea
nilihus, revan, or traya use the force to suck his soul out or drain his energy far worse than cryptonite
if superman is weak minded then he can be jedi mind tricked into suicide
luke can keep up with him
malak's force poison,
c'mon
superman knows nothing of the force.
i admit he may crush any inexperienced force user but someone who knows what theyre doing, will own him

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Man of Christ
IM sick of all you superman fanboys
let me make this clear
the force can be used to destroy his internal organs, eg
mace uses force crush to pop his heart
vader uses chocke to collapse his trachea
nilihus, revan, or traya use the force to suck his soul out or drain his energy far worse than cryptonite
if superman is weak minded then he can be jedi mind tricked into suicide
luke can keep up with him
malak's force poison,
c'mon
superman knows nothing of the force.
i admit he may crush any inexperienced force user but someone who knows what theyre doing, will own him yes

Spartan 063
It's just light, and Superman gets power from the sun, so the lightsaber could be a refreshing lamp or it would just burn off his clothes, like in Superman 2, but it wouldn't hurt him.

A LIGHTLABER is pure energy, and he gets his power from yellow stars not just any star.

Jedis can't actually cut through "everything" with the sword. Example: the big huge door in Episode I. They had to jam in their lightsabers and "melt" a doorway inside the door. The sword was fast to go into the door because they applied all the force to the tip, but was slow cutting because the Jedis are only so strong. Picture you cutting through a watermelon. In the same principle, a lightsaber technically might be able to cut through Superman, but there's nobody strong enough to force it through. Unless you somehow get the Hulk to use a lightsaber. But the Hulk doesn't exist.
Haven't you ever heard of force augmentation, also if someone used TK to hold a lightsaber like Darth Treya did in KOTOr2, you can not say that that could no cut through Superman, because the force does NOT have a max strength

playa1258
Superman would defeat any Jedi or Sith In one blow. Superman would laugh at the Jedi's attempts to hit him.

Man of Christ
Superman would defeat any Jedi or Sith In one blow. Superman would laugh at the Jedi's attempts to hit him.

can someone please give the boot to noobs like this who make flagrant claims with no logic to back them up!!!

Rogue Jedi
can someone please give the boot to noobs like this who make flagrant claims with no logic to back them up!!! I know, right? "Superman can do this just because I said so." crylaugh

playa1258
Jedi can get killed by blaster fire. What makes you think they could survive a hit from Superman?

Blax_Hydralisk
This is ridiculous.

Are people forgetting that Superman moves FASTER THEN LIGHT.

He can move faster then the most powerful Jedi in the Universe can blink.

Supes can move faster then the force can tell any Jedi what's about to happen.

Oh and in regards to this kryptonite argument.

Who cares? Superman will just blow up the planet the Jedi is on. Bye bye Jedi. he can just pick up the Continent the jedi is standing on and hurl it into the sun ala Superman Returns.

Nothing in Star Wars can beat Superman. The pressure created from him pissing would split the planet in two.

Rogue Jedi
Here we go again with the FASTER THAN LIGHT bullshit. Doesnt matter, a Jedi will sense the attack and KNOW what is gonna happen BEFOREHAND. For a further explaination of this, you Superman junkies should read "Shadows of the Empire."

There is a fight scene between Luke and an assassin droid named Guri who moves like lightning, faster than the human eye can see. It goes into detail what it is like when a Jedi turns him/herself over to the force while in battle. Things slow down while the Jedi still moves at normal speed. This is why a Jedi seems to be moving so fast. It is as if their opponent is moving about in a jar of thick molasses, everything slows down. So please, drop the FASTER THAN LIGHT crap right here right now.

Also, Superman has NO CHANCE unless he is on a planet near the sun. If Superman were to travel to Coruscant, he would be an ordinary man with NO POWERS. Remember in Superman II when Superman got his ass kicked by a lowly trucker? And when Luthor pwned him in Superman returns by using kryptonite? We have all seen what Superman is with no powers, he is LESS than an average man, with NO fighting skills. NONE. A Jedi can be ANYWHERE and retain their force powers, because the force draws off of life.

And an you honestly see Superman blowing up a planet that the Jedi is on? And unless the planet were Earth, he would not have the capability to do so anyways.

Faunus
If we're assuming that Superman doesn't have access to any form of yellow sunlight, then this thread is a waste of space. Period. If he does, then the half of your argument that might otherwise make sense goes down the drain.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Faunus
If we're assuming that Superman doesn't have access to any form of yellow sunlight, then this thread is a waste of space. Period. If he does, then the half of your argument that might otherwise make sense goes down the drain. he gets his powers from the yellow light of OUR SUN. If there is a sun near the planet where the fight takes, what makes you think it will emit the same rays as our sun? Slim to none on that one, argument still valid, nice try.

Faunus
Good job completely ignoring the point. You're entire argument hinges on Superman being powerless. If that is the case, this thread is worthless.

Got it?

Janus Marius
No, it's pretty much ANY yellow sun. And really, Jedi cannot defend against faster-than-light movement because their attunement only lets them see a little bit into the future. It doesn't make them faster-than-light themselves.

Really, do you see Obi-Wan defending against someone this fast?

http://i29.tinypic.com/2ro6m47.jpg

Especially against someone strong enough to move planets?

http://i25.tinypic.com/2l88dbl.jpg

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Faunus
Good job completely ignoring the point. You're entire argument hinges on Superman being powerless. If that is the case, this thread is worthless.

Got it? what a load of crap, only PART of the argument hinges on that, this shows me how inept and simple you are that you cant even interpret a simple post clearly.

READ IT AGAIN.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Janus Marius
No, it's pretty much ANY yellow sun. And really, Jedi cannot defend against faster-than-light movement because their attunement only lets them see a little bit into the future. It doesn't make them faster-than-light themselves.

Really, do you see Obi-Wan defending against someone this fast?

http://i29.tinypic.com/2ro6m47.jpg

Especially against someone strong enough to move planets?

http://i25.tinypic.com/2l88dbl.jpg Pretty much any sun? Show us proof of that.

Rogue Jedi
Read this article carefully:

http://www.howstuffworks.com/kryptonite.htm

Rogue Jedi
He uses lasers (his own heat vision) to shave himself, so the best the lightsaber could do would to singe his chest hair, or give him a nice shave down there.
Jedis can't actually cut through "everything" with the sword. Example: the big huge door in Episode I. They had to jam in their lightsabers and "melt" a doorway inside the door. The sword was fast to go into the door because they applied all the force to the tip, but was slow cutting because the Jedis are only so strong. Picture you cutting through a watermelon. In the same principle, a lightsaber technically might be able to cut through Superman, but there's nobody strong enough to force it through. Unless you somehow get the Hulk to use a lightsaber. But the Hulk doesn't exist. Nice job of saying just what the article said here http://gizmodo.com/351747/can-a-lightsaber-cut-through-superman and claiming it as your own. wanker .....copy/paste much?

Man of Christ
Nice job of saying just what the article said here http://gizmodo.com/351747/can-a-lightsaber-cut-through-superman and claiming it as your own. wanker .....copy/paste much?

rogue jedi, i would say we won this debate.
as you see, none of these superman fanboys have responded
to my argument about killing superman from the inside
with the force
they all wanna talk about penetration from the outside of the skin
as if jedi only have a lightsaber and force shock
the infinitude of the force destroys superman

Blax_Hydralisk
Here we go again with the FASTER THAN LIGHT bullshit. Doesnt matter, a Jedi will sense the attack and KNOW what is gonna happen BEFOREHAND.

Oh yes and that's really going to help them. Care to explain then, why Jedi are killed so easily by simple drodis with guns? If they're soo good then how come seven of them couldn't defeat Greivous, a simple droid? Why three of the top Jedi in the order get tooled in seconds by one old man? Where was this super precog that allowed them to defend themselves against their own clone allies shooting them in the backs?
Suprman could solo the CIS and Galactic Empire in minutes.

Faster then the eye can see does not = lightspeed. When you fire a bullet out of a gun it's moving faster then your eye can see. Faster then the eye does not = faster then light. Learn simple science.

You don't even read the comics do you?

Remember how the movies aren't even in the same continuity as the CANON Superman, the comic one?

Again, read the comics before saying anything. This makes you look ignorant.

EvilAngel
I think this debate for Rogue Jedi is entirely on wether or wether not a light saber will hurt superman. So let's just focus on that.

Superman can live into the sun right? Which is how hot?

A lightsaber took some time the cut through the metal doors in SW: Episode 1.

From that i believe it's fair to assume that superman wouldn't really be affected by a lightsaber.... no?

Blax_Hydralisk
BUT T3H SUPES IS POWERLESS WITHOUT TEH SUN!

That's why he's able to live in and move blackholes.

playa1258
wow this has got serious. if jedi or so powerful why did they almost get wiped out by droids in the arena on genosis? Superman would have incenarated all of those droids with one blast of heat vision. or could have picked up the whole arena and chucked it like yesterdays trash.

Elite Hunter
About the whole force abilities on superman. I'm sure that somewhere in the comics sups. had to have face some1 with similar tk/psychic powers like a jedi/sith or some1 with lightning. Can any1 enlighten me on the results.

Blax_Hydralisk
He powered right through them and crushed them.

Elite Hunter
He powered right through them and crushed them.
Battle details and a name of who they are would be helpful.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by EvilAngel
I think this debate for Rogue Jedi is entirely on wether or wether not a light saber will hurt superman. So let's just focus on that.

Superman can live into the sun right? Which is how hot?

A lightsaber took some time the cut through the metal doors in SW: Episode 1.

From that i believe it's fair to assume that superman wouldn't really be affected by a lightsaber.... no? Bullshit, read my posts carefully and you will see there is more there than just whether a lightsaber will hurt superman or not.

There is the kryptonite argument.

There is the argument of where they will be fighting. If superman doesnt have the rays emitted from the sun giving him power, he is just another mortal.

Another thing, remember when Dooku held Annie in midair in ROTS? Who is to say he cant do the same to superman? Is superman somehow immune to this?

And another thing, someone earlier mentioned Vaders choke hold, and crushing internal organs. All a Jedi needs is a piece of green kryptonite, get close to superman, and its all over.

Tell me, honestly, superman without his powers vs. a Jedi with ALL of his powers, who is gonna win? hmm?

Rogue Jedi
rogue jedi, i would say we won this debate.
as you see, none of these superman fanboys have responded
to my argument about killing superman from the inside
with the force
they all wanna talk about penetration from the outside of the skin
as if jedi only have a lightsaber and force shock
the infinitude of the force destroys superman and what exactly IS your argument on killing superman from the inside with the force?

Spartan 063
First off none of you have even thought to try and counter Man of Christs aurgument of using the force to crush Superman, why becase the force crushes him.

secondly, Superman gets his power from yellow Sun which has a specific light wavelength and frequency, lets see if you drown out the light from the sun and replace it whith that of ANY other color and "BAM" superman is powerless.

also being able to move faster than light is kingd of useless against a jedi/Sith, they have something called precoagnition which they know where he is going to be before superman does, authough it my only be a few milliseconds a well trianed and expireinced force user can and will be able to react.

Thirdly, the jedi who died at geonosis where mostly what appeared to be padawans, the expireinced jedi such as Mace Windu had no problem in deflecting and destroying the droids.

One question, does Superman have an advanced brain or a normal one, and I want PROOF not a IMO.

Rogue Jedi
Oh yes and that's really going to help them. Care to explain then, why Jedi are killed so easily by simple drodis with guns? If they're soo good then how come seven of them couldn't defeat Greivous, a simple droid? Why three of the top Jedi in the order get tooled in seconds by one old man? Where was this super precog that allowed them to defend themselves against their own clone allies shooting them in the backs?I never said ALL of he Jedi could defeat superman, stop putting words in my mouth to back your argument up. You really know NOTHING of SW, do you?

afraid not. we have already established that in the SW galaxy, superman is powerless. try again.

yes, I know the difference, but superman wont appear to be AS FAST to a Jedi, you tool.

nope. doesnt mean shit about shit, I know about superman and his powers.

so, and? same with SW.

right back atcha, read some SW novels and get back to me.

Darth Martin
I don't think any Jedi is beating Superman. They can't fight at his speeds.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Spartan 063
First off none of you have even thought to try and counter Man of Christs aurgument of using the force to crush Superman, why becase the force crushes him.

secondly, Superman gets his power from yellow Sun which has a specific light wavelength and frequency, lets see if you drown out the light from the sun and replace it whith that of ANY other color and "BAM" superman is powerless.

also being able to move faster than light is kingd of useless against a jedi/Sith, they have something called precoagnition which they know where he is going to be before superman does, authough it my only be a few milliseconds a well trianed and expireinced force user can and will be able to react.

Thirdly, the jedi who died at geonosis where mostly what appeared to be padawans, the expireinced jedi such as Mace Windu had no problem in deflecting and destroying the droids.

One question, does Superman have an advanced brain or a normal one, and I want PROOF not a IMO. you'll get no proof form them, Bro. all you will get is "Superman lives in black holes" and shit.

They are REACHING now.

Elite Hunter
First off I'm gonna admit i am no fan of the superman comics or most superhero comics that much. And I love star wars a 1000x more. But I am looking at this thread as fair and as objectively as possible. There is a level of fanboyism and spite i see in this thread. I will try to clear up a few things of fanboyism.

There is the kryptonite argument.

Except the jedi/sith have knowledge whatsoever of kryptonite and using it/giving it to the jedi/sith makes this a spite thread

There is the argument of where they will be fighting. If superman doesnt have the rays emitted from the sun giving him power, he is just another mortal.

Than there would be no point to this thread at all if he doesn't have all his powers

Already addressed there is zero chance the jedi/sith know about it and by giving it to them makes this a spite thread

No point to this thread if sups. doesn't have his powers no is there?

Originally posted by Spartan 063

Precognition is fallible. Revan was suppose to have remarkable precognition skills yet he couldn't see/predict Malak's betrayal,the emperor had an amazing gift of precognition/foresight yet couldn't predict the events of endor accurately. Grievous killed/fought dozens of experienced jedi who quite possibly had the skill of precognition yet either he killed them or escaped.

Im pretty certain that more that just padawans died there furthermore throughout the clone wars jedi were gunned down by droids .

I have said my piece now and try to look at this objectively because from I have read there is a degree of fanboyism/spite.

Rogue Jedi
First off I'm gonna admit i am no fan of the superman comics or most superhero comics that much. And I love star wars a 1000x more. But I am looking at this thread as fair and as objectively as possible. There is a level of fanboyism and spite i see in this thread. I will try to clear up a few things of fanboyism.

Except the jedi/sith have knowledge whatsoever of kryptonite and using it/giving it to the jedi/sith makes this a spite threadnope, just considering all aspects, all the possibilities.

and why not? If the Jedi/Sith figure out a way to take away his powers, then good for them.

zero chance? bullshit. Highly unlikely maybe, but zero chance?

yes, you've already said this, and I have already answered.

Precog is not infallible, I agree, but its a weapon that the Jedi/Sith would need to defeat superman. A Jedi/Sith facing someone one on one is less likely to have faulty precog perceptions.

do you have any idea how outnumbered the Jedi were?

there is fanboyism on both sides, I wont deny that.

playa1258
Yeah definately some Mike Wong Stardestroyer.net fanboy crap being spilled around.

Rogue Jedi
hardly, just proving that Superman is far from infallible. He can be defeated easily, if his opponent is given the right circumstances.

playa1258
Ok if U guys think a jedi can beat Superman. How about Doomsday? lets see a jedi survive that one.

Rogue Jedi
Ok if U guys think a jedi can beat Superman. How about Doomsday? lets see a jedi survive that one. Start a thread about it, this is about Superman vs. Jedi/Sith.

playa1258
A don't know about Doomsday. How about a Space Marine from WH40k. that would be intresting as i see this Superman debate going now where.

Elite Hunter
No more threads involving characters of different universes.

Rogue Jedi
who died and made you the Govunah?

Elite Hunter
who died and made you the Govunah?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=358327

C Teng
Superman can move at the speed of light, can lift an entire continent, and can melt rock instantly with his heat vision. Unless the jedi/sith had kryptonite handy, Superman would destroy them.

Rogue Jedi
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=358327 funny how you mention this now, after your argument was blown out of the water.

Close this thread, please.

Elite Hunter
funny how you mention this now, after your argument was blown out of the water.

Close this thread, please.

Except I never said superman would win wink What I said is that kryptonite is not going to be a factor and made a few points about the jedi. And if you look I said this thread should have been closed before my above post wink

Janus Marius

Man of Christ
ALL OF US WHO SAY THE JEDI WOULD WIN
HAVE WON THIS ARGUMENT UNDEFEATED.

JANUS I WAS TALKING ABOUT ATTACKS FROM WITHIN, SURE SUPERMAN CAN SURVIVE AN EXPLOSION BUT A HEART ATTACK IS ANOTHER STORY.

SO LETS GO TO OUR WINNING PROOFS, SHALL WE?

1) MACE WINDU'S FORCE CRUSH (COULD BE USED TO IMPLODE SUPERMAN'S HEART RESULTING IN A LETHAL HEART ATTACK)

2) TRAYA, NILIHUS AND REVAN HAVE THIS DEMONIC ABILITY, IM NOT SURE WHAT ITS CALLED BUT IT IS USED TO SUCK OUT SOMEONE'S SOUL IT WOULD WORK WIPE SUPERMAN CLEAN.

3) MALAK COULD USE THE FORCE TO POISON HIM TO DEATH OR USE ( KILL) AS IT IS CALLED.

(NONE OF THESE ATTACKS INVOLVE A LIGHTSABER OR EXTERNAL ATTACKS, THEY ALL KILL FROM WITHIN WHICH IS WHERE SUPERMAN IS VULNERABLE.)

4) IF SUPERMAN IS WEAK MINDED THEN OBI WAN OR YODA COULD JEDI MIND TRICK HIM INTO SUICIDE.

5) DARTH VADER'S FORCE CHOKE WOULD COLLAPSE SUPERMAN'S TRACHEA WHICH WOULD COMPLETELY DISABLE SUPERMAN'S CIRCULATORY SYSTEM

SO LIKE I SAID, ANY JEDI WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING WOULD OBLITERATE SUPERMAN.

Dark-Jaxx
Superman hits them with his Anti-Jedi Vision.

Janus Marius
OMG YOU ARE A NOOB.

Substantiate how Supes' internal organs are somehow weak against a simple force crush when his skin and bones and muscles and eyes absorb multi-million megaton blasts?

Wait, let's start small for you: look up "substantiate".

Actually, they can absorb another's Force energy.

Great job knowing the source material, noob!

Right, because Malak has always shown the ability to poison DC Superheroes and God-like beings with the Force. Which is why Revan, at a disadvantage, kicked his ass. Revan > Supes. OMFG!

Supes is not weak-minded, period. Supes doesn't lose his temper and oh, destroy Ohio, or go gambling and whoring for the weekend.

No.

http://i25.tinypic.com/m7tez9.jpg

Dark-Jaxx
ALL OF US WHO SAY THE JEDI WOULD WIN
HAVE WON THIS ARGUMENT UNDEFEATED.

JANUS I WAS TALKING ABOUT ATTACKS FROM WITHIN, SURE SUPERMAN CAN SURVIVE AN EXPLOSION BUT A HEART ATTACK IS ANOTHER STORY.

SO LETS GO TO OUR WINNING PROOFS, SHALL WE?

1) MACE WINDU'S FORCE CRUSH (COULD BE USED TO IMPLODE SUPERMAN'S HEART RESULTING IN A LETHAL HEART ATTACK)

2) TRAYA, NILIHUS AND REVAN HAVE THIS DEMONIC ABILITY, IM NOT SURE WHAT ITS CALLED BUT IT IS USED TO SUCK OUT SOMEONE'S SOUL IT WOULD WORK WIPE SUPERMAN CLEAN.

3) MALAK COULD USE THE FORCE TO POISON HIM TO DEATH OR USE ( KILL) AS IT IS CALLED.

(NONE OF THESE ATTACKS INVOLVE A LIGHTSABER OR EXTERNAL ATTACKS, THEY ALL KILL FROM WITHIN WHICH IS WHERE SUPERMAN IS VULNERABLE.)

4) IF SUPERMAN IS WEAK MINDED THEN OBI WAN OR YODA COULD JEDI MIND TRICK HIM INTO SUICIDE.

5) DARTH VADER'S FORCE CHOKE WOULD COLLAPSE SUPERMAN'S TRACHEA WHICH WOULD COMPLETELY DISABLE SUPERMAN'S CIRCULATORY SYSTEM

SO LIKE I SAID, ANY JEDI WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING WOULD OBLITERATE SUPERMAN. 1. Superman is just as durable inside as he is outside, phail.

2. Only Nihilus has it, Revan damn sure doesn't have it, and it doesn't work on anyone who isn't connected to the Force, phail.

3. Kill is just Force choke, which isn't harming Superman, who is immune to most poisons anyway.

4. He's not.

5. No it wouldn't, that's like saying he can Force choke a planet.

No they can't.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
1. Superman is just as durable inside as he is outside, phail.

2. Only Nihilus has it, Revan damn sure doesn't have it, and it doesn't work on anyone who isn't connected to the Force, phail.

3. Kill is just Force choke, which isn't harming Superman, who is immune to most poisons anyway.

4. He's not.

5. No it wouldn't, that's like saying he can Force choke a planet.

No they can't.
YOUR IGNORANCE DISGUSTS ME, YOU BOTH OFFER NO PROOF AS TO WHY SUPERMANS ORGANS CAN SUSTAIN FORCE DAMAGE AND BY THE WAY A MUSCLE ISNT AN ORGAN, SO MY POINTS GO THROUGH UNDEFEATED.
YOU OBVIOSLY NEVER PLAYED KOTOR TO KNOW WHAT RVEAN CAN DO,
BUT LET ME TRY TO AID YOU FROM YOUR IGNORANCE AND STATE THAT KREIA TRAINED BOTH REVANAND NILIHUS

MOST POISONS ANYWAY? WHAT THE (BLEEP) DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE FORCE AND COLLAPSING HIS TRACHEA THEN POISONING HIM WITH THE FORCE, NOT CHEMICALS

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD SOMEONE PLEASE BOOT JANUS, GAMBLING ISNT EVEN RELEVANT BECAUSE, OH SUPERMAN HAS NEVER FOUGHT A FORCE USER NOR TRAINED IN THE JEDI/SITH WAYS SO WOULDNT KNOW WHATS COMMING

I KNOW JANUS AND JAXX ARE A LITTLE BEHIND SO LET ME HELP YOU KIDS WITH A METAPHOR

SUPERMAN IS LIKE A TANK
AND JEDI ATTACKS ARE LIKE HIGH CLASS EXPLOSIVES
SURE AN EXPLOSIVE THROWN AT A TANK WONT DO MUCH,
(INCASE YOU GUYS DIDNT CATCH THAT, IM SAYING THE OUTTER SKIN OF SUPERMAN IS IMPENETRABLE LIKE A TANK.)
IF IM GOING TOO FAST FOR YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

BUT IF YOU TAKE THOSE SAME EXPLOSIVES AND PUT THEM INSIDE THE TANK THE EXPLOSIONS WILL DESTROY IT

DID YOU GUYS CATCH THAT?

Illustrious
Do you understand that Superman's inside's is just as durable as his outside?

His cells absorb solar energy and make him super powered. Seriously, read up.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Illustrious

PLANTS ABSORB SOLAR ENERGY, DOES THAT MAKE THEM INVULNERABLE? NO

Dark-Jaxx
YOUR IGNORANCE DISGUSTS ME, YOU BOTH OFFER NO PROOF AS TO WHY SUPERMANS ORGANS CAN SUSTAIN FORCE DAMAGE AND BY THE WAY A MUSCLE ISNT AN ORGAN, SO MY POINTS GO THROUGH UNDEFEATED.
YOU OBVIOSLY NEVER PLAYED KOTOR TO KNOW WHAT RVEAN CAN DO,
BUT LET ME TRY TO AID YOU FROM YOUR IGNORANCE AND STATE THAT KREIA TRAINED BOTH REVANAND NILIHUS

MOST POISONS ANYWAY? WHAT THE (BLEEP) DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE FORCE AND COLLAPSING HIS TRACHEA THEN POISONING HIM WITH THE FORCE, NOT CHEMICALS

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD SOMEONE PLEASE BOOT JANUS, GAMBLING ISNT EVEN RELEVANT BECAUSE, OH SUPERMAN HAS NEVER FOUGHT A FORCE USER NOR TRAINED IN THE JEDI/SITH WAYS SO WOULDNT KNOW WHATS COMMING

I KNOW JANUS AND JAXX ARE A LITTLE BEHIND SO LET ME HELP YOU KIDS WITH A METAPHOR

SUPERMAN IS LIKE A TANK
AND JEDI ATTACKS ARE LIKE HIGH CLASS EXPLOSIVES
SURE AN EXPLOSIVE THROWN AT A TANK WONT DO MUCH,
(INCASE YOU GUYS DIDNT CATCH THAT, IM SAYING THE OUTTER SKIN OF SUPERMAN IS IMPENETRABLE LIKE A TANK.)
IF IM GOING TOO FAST FOR YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

BUT IF YOU TAKE THOSE SAME EXPLOSIVES AND PUT THEM INSIDE THE TANK THE EXPLOSIONS WILL DESTROY IT

DID YOU GUYS CATCH THAT? IT IS OBVIOUS TO ME YOU ARE A DELUSIONAL IDIOTIC FANBOY WHO CAN'T COMPREHEND SIMPLE LOGIC. YES, I CAN TYPE IN ALL CAPS TOO.

SUPERMAN'S ORGANS ARE SUPERHUMANELY DURABLE LIKE HIS SKIN SMART ONE.

REVAN HAS NEVER SHOWN NIHILUS'S SPECIAL FORCE TECHNIQUE, AND NEITHER HAS TRAYA. NIHILUS WAS CONSIDERABLY MORE POWERFUL THAN TRAYA AND LEARNED THE TECHNIQUE HIMSELF.

HE CAN'T COLLAPSE HIS TRACHEA YOU MORON, SO YOUR POINT IS NULL. AND SUPERMAN WILL HAVE ALREADY KILLED MALAK BY THE TIME HE THOUGHT TO DO ANYTHING TO HIM.

AND NO FORCE USER HAS EVEN SEEN SOMEONE AS POWERFUL AS SUPERMAN.

IT'S OBVIOUS TO ME YOU ARE ONLY EIGHT YEARS OLD AT BEST.

TOO BAD YOU ARE WRONG, SUPERMAN IS JUST AS DURABLE ON THE INSIDE.

Man of Christ
I HAVE ONE STATEMENT TO DEFEAT YOUR IGNORANCE.

THERE IS NO PROOF OF SUPERMAN'S INTERNAL ORGANS INVULNERABILITY

Janus Marius
Firstly, MoC:

http://i26.tinypic.com/ibhpvq.jpg

Secondly:

http://i26.tinypic.com/2n21mop.jpg

Lastly, if Supes' eyeballs don't melt or crush under the abuse he's taken, or compress when he flies faster than thought, what makes you think his heart or liver is somehow weaker? Seriously? What's your angle?

Illustrious
I HAVE ONE STATEMENT TO DEFEAT YOUR IGNORANCE.

THERE IS NO PROOF OF SUPERMAN'S INTERNAL ORGANS INVULNERABILITY

Superman's immunity stems from the cellular level. His cells absorb solar energy and become invulnerable.

His internal organs are composed of cells too. Therefore, he is also invulnerable at that level. QED.

Man of Christ
LOL I DIDNT KNOW A HEART WAS THE SAME AS EYEBALLS, LOL GET THE HECK OUTTA HERE

BESIDES HIS CORNEAS WHICH ARE EXTERNAL ARE THE RESISTANF FASTOR
BUT AGAIN LOL A CORNEA IS AS MUCH A HEART AS YOU ARE LOGICAL

Janus Marius
Superman's immunity stems from the cellular level. His cells absorb solar energy and become invulnerable.

His internal organs are composed of cells too. Therefore, he is also invulnerable at that level. QED.

Seriously, MoC, STFU.

Man of Christ

AGAIN PLANTS ABSORB SOLAR ENERGY BUT THEY ARE NOT INVULNERABLE SO, THE ABILITY TO ABSORB ENERGY DOESNT EQUAL INVINCIBILITY

SECONDLY, EVER HEARD OF CELL DIFFERENTIATION, NOT ALL CELLS PERFORM THE SAME WAY OR HAVE THE SAME ABILITIES, THE CELLS THAT MAKE UP MUSCLE AND BONE DIFFER FROM THE ONES THAT MAKE INTERNAL ORGANS

Janus Marius
And that ones that make up your brain simply don't absorb logic.

Illustrious
AGAIN PLANTS ABSORB SOLAR ENERGY BUT THEY ARE NOT INVULNERABLE SO, THE ABILITY TO ABSORB ENERGY DOESNT EQUAL INVINCIBILITY

SECONDLY, EVER HEARD OF CELL DIFFERENTIATION, NOT ALL CELLS PERFORM THE SAME WAY OR HAVE THE SAME ABILITIES, THE CELLS THAT MAKE UP MUSCLE AND BONE DIFFER FROM THE ONES THAT MAKE INTERNAL ORGANS

You don't get it, do you? Superman's cells are specifically stated to absorb solar energy like a battery, making him stronger, faster, and more durable than any man. It's Superman's cells, not "Superman's skin cells" or "Superman's outer cells." ALL OF SUPERMAN'S cells.

Plants absorb solar energy to use in photosynthesis, using chemical processes to convert ATP.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!!111 (using caps lock, since it seems you have difficulty understanding anything else)

When Superman starts breathing in CO2 and breathing out O2, I'll be sure to let you know.

Source canon > your opiniondenial.

Janus Marius
Pwnt.

hereatlast

Janus Marius
Yeah, this is pretty extreme. The all-caps just tops it off though.

Spartan 063
Well I know that we have some-what decided that the Jedi do not know of what kroptonite is, so logically Suprman does not know of the jedi or the force, however, Revan or any othe powerfull force user, i.e. Yoda, DE Sidious, LOTF Luke who have substancial precaugnition abilities.
and for those of you who think that this abilit ony works in the short term, you are WRONG. In KOTOR II when you talk to the HAndmaiden, she talkes about the Echanni generals being able to see and interpret battles weeks, even months in advance, but revan's precog. skillers were better than their's.

Hence Superman would not know of the jedi or the force, but the said jedi/ sith would, and they would know what he is capable of and be able to prepair themselves accordingly.

" No it wouldn't, that's like saying he can Force choke a planet."
-Dark-Jaxx

also, dark-jaxx, i remember in A New hope when Darth Vader said that the power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force,

quote: (post)

Ok if you want to pull the invicable card I could easily mention Darth Sion, the only resion he died was because hegave up the will to live, and with some persuasion and knowlege of sions past by the exiles part, Superman has neither.

Janus Marius
1. Since when is Brianna "I've never even been allowed to study the Force up until this point" Handmaiden the expert on Revan? She supposes he has the ability; that's it. She can't substantiate it.

2. Echani elders seeing wars in advance is clearly hyperbole. Yusanis didn't see anything coming and he was the greatest among them. He didn't see Revan butcher him either.

This is lunacy. The Jedi can't prepare for something which moves faster than LIGHT.

... Which should not be taken literally. Vader overcame his master by benchpressing him into a reactor core, not by blowing up the Death star with his gloved mitts.

Sion healed himself and kept his body knit together in a twisted version of Nadd's healing of Kun. However, his power has limits. Supes, holding back, can punch Lobo into orbit. Sion loses.

Dark-Jaxx
Seriously...can we report MoC for talking in all caps like that?

Spartan 063
Originally posted by Janus Marius
This is lunacy. The Jedi can't prepare for something which moves faster than LIGHT.

I know they won't be able to prepare much but they will know the extent of his powers.
Superman on the other hand, no.

however I would like to see the look on superman's face when he see a 1000+ story building launched in his face.

... Which should not be taken literally. Vader overcame his master by benchpressing him into a reactor core, not by blowing up the Death star with his gloved mitts.

How do you know that?
Also when vader benchpressed his master down the shaft he was able to resist the lightning that his master was pumping out, which is extreemly deadly.

lastly, I don't remember the death star being able to destoy entire fleets with force lightning, devoid an entire planet of life without harming a single blade of grass, or ripping the souls out of three powerfull jedi masters, or being able to rip a language out of the minds of an entire race of force sensitive race and replace it with another, the list goes on and on.

Janus Marius
Considering Supes has fought and defeated baddies which would destroy entire hordes of Force users with their bare hands, I don't see this being a valid point. It's most certainly not one you can prove.

Canon depiction of Jedi throwing anything around that size?

Oh wait, none exists.

Because of Vader was that uber, he would have force crushed the rebel base on Hoth instead of landing and using uh, stormtroopers.

He wasn't resisting it, it was occassionally hitting him but otherwise he could barely breathe. The lightning wasn't so "deadly" that Luke Skywalker, who has no defense against such things, couldn't survive prolonged shocking and then just stand up like nothing happened and drag his huge father around the space station. Deadly? Really?

Except that all of those depictions are taken out of context and really, don't threaten Supes one damn bit. Supes can sleep in a sun. He can hold a white dwarf star in his hands:

http://i30.tinypic.com/1679vmg.jpg

So really, stop grabbing at straws.

((The_Anomaly))
If you put all the Jedi and Sith who ever existed on a planet, current (post-crisis) Superman could solo all of them in a matter of minutes. There is really no competition here.

Spartan 063
wait, before we proceed any further, we are talking about the MOVIES...I probably should have said that to begin with.

now you guys can stop with all of this post crisis stuff. This is Movies superman not the most recent superman.

Janus Marius
I find it odd that Rogue Jedi let the debate scroll over two pages and passed by many references to comic feats (Which are Supes' canon) before he turns around and goes "Oh wait, this is movie Supes!". Sounds like a serious cop out to me, especially since the article he cited as the reason for the thread did not specify movie Supes at all. And later on in the thread, Rogue Jedi allowed my comic scans and argued against them without saying "No, this is movie supes only".

So yeah, the thread is Supes versus Jedi/Sith, not "Movie Supes versus Jedi/Sith". Don't change parameters because you're losing.

Man of Christ
i guess i will let you continue to be ignorant.

Spartan 063
I do believe that if it was movie superman, superman would have a tough chance at winning, since was easily outwitted by lex.

I agree this should be the best form of superman.

now back to the verbal jousting...

Man of Christ
you have offered no proof that supermans internal organs are indestructable

Man of Christ
besides, force stun, fear, horror, then choke, how can he top that,

furthermore, does superman eat?

Spartan 063
I have wondered, if superman travelled out into the void between galaxies, would he be able to survive without the radiation from the sun.

at that distance the amount of yellow sun radiation is about equal to that of red sun radiation, but both would be insignificant.

wouldn't he just be sentanced to live in the void powerlessly?

Janus Marius
you have offered no proof that supermans internal organs are indestructable

Yes, we have. And now you're just blatantly trolling.

Man of Christ
i see you didnt pay attention in science class.
solar enegry via visible light, has a frequency that doesnt penetrate through the skin like xrays and cosmic rays do, hence since these rays dont penetrate his skin then its implied that ONLY HIS SKIN CELLS ABSORB IT. for you see those are the only cells exposed to it

Spartan 063
here's one way to kill superman.

gather up a large amount of jedi padawans and place them on a large battlefield.

as superman curbstomps them have Darth Nihilus in orbit and let him have a little force snack.

Rogue Jedi

Rogue Jedi

Where is this stated in the movies? Lets get back on track here.

Blax_Hydralisk
Why even make it movie Supes? To give the Jedi a chance?

Rogue Jedi
Why even make it movie Supes? To give the Jedi a chance? No, the Jedi have a chance either way. Someone had posted asking if we were talking movies, comic books, or both, so I said just the movies.

Nothing that has been posted shows Superman owning Jedi. All that is being done is people talking in circles, wanting Superman to be at full strength, BUT not wanting the Jedi to have kryptonite.

Yeah, real fair. thumb down

Blax_Hydralisk
Perhaps because Superman's strength is his own, whereas Kryptonite doesn't even exist in the Star Wars universe?

Besides, Superman fought a monster made out of kryptonite. Guess who won.

Rogue Jedi
Perhaps because Superman's strength is his own, whereas Kryptonite doesn't even exist in the Star Wars universe?

Besides, Superman fought a monster made out of kryptonite. Guess who won. His own, brought about by the yellow sun of the earth. In the SW universe he is a NORMAL MAN. why is that so hard to understand? He gets owned in the SW universe, and owned here because the Jedi would have access to kryptonite. See how easy that is?

and gimmee a link to this monster you speak of....oh yeah, thats right, it WASNT IN THE MOVIES.

Blax_Hydralisk
Oh.. okay.

So basically what you're saying is, the Jedi can only win if they have every advantage.

What's the point of this thread again? A spite thread?

Rogue Jedi
Oh.. okay.

So basically what you're saying is, the Jedi can only win if they have every advantage.

What's the point of this thread again? A spite thread? Its not about the Jedi having every advantage, its just the way it plays out, and you dont like it.

Blax_Hydralisk
It's the way it plays out, because that's the way you're having it play out.

Maybe I should make a "Me Vs. Yoda" thread and have it set in our universe? No force, I'd kick his little green ass.

But that's not really a "fight" thread, is it?

What's the point of this thread, if Supes isn't even at hsi full strength but not only is the Jedi at full strength, but has some special "kryptonite" lightsaber? I wasn't aware there were kryptonite lightsabers in the movie.. much less in the Star Wars universe.

Rogue Jedi
It's the way it plays out, because that's the way you're having it play out.

Maybe I should make a "Me Vs. Yoda" thread and have it set in our universe? No force, I'd kick his little green ass.

But that's not really a "fight" thread, is it?

What's the point of this thread, if Supes isn't even at hsi full strength but not only is the Jedi at full strength, but has some special "kryptonite" lightsaber? I wasn't aware there were kryptonite lightsabers in the movie.. much less in the Star Wars universe. Yoda would have the force whereever he goes, the force thrives off of life.

There are lightsabers in SW, and kryptonite in Superman, so it makes sense if the Jedi fights Superman here on earth, they would have access to it.

next question.

((The_Anomaly))
Rouge Jedi, you have said just about the stupidest uniformed BS I've read in a while....great job! I really should get a few people from the comic book VS. forums in here just so i can laugh while they curbstomp your ludicrous arguments into oblivion.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Rouge Jedi, you have said just about the stupidest uniformed BS I've read in a while....great job! I really should get a few people from the comic book VS. forums in here just so i can laugh while they curbstomp your ludicrous arguments into oblivion. bring it, whatever they say has no bearing, this is about the movies, not comic books.

next question.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yoda would have the force whereever he goes, the force thrives off of life.

No, it only exists in there Universe.

No it doesn't erm

Rogue Jedi
No, it only exists in there Universe. how do you figure?

And why not? you make it sound impossible to even suggest it. Luthor had it, why wouldnt the Jedi have a chance f having it?

Rogue Jedi
The Force: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Force_%28Star_Wars%29

Force (Star Wars)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The Force (Star Wars))
Jump to: navigation, search
"May The Force Be With You" redirects here. For the Only Fools and Horses episode with this title, see May The Force Be With You (Only Fools and Horses).
The Force is one of the main concepts in the fictional Star Wars universe, created by George Lucas. First mentioned in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, it is integral in all subsequent films in the series, as well as the Star Wars "Expanded Universe" of comic books, novels, and video games.

Star Wars Portal
Contents
1 Depiction
1.1 Force abilities
1.2 Disturbances in the Force
2 Cultural impact
3 Origin
4 References
5 See also
6 External links

Depiction
In the Star Wars films, the Force is "an energy field created by all living things, that surrounds and penetrates living beings and binds the galaxy together." Throughout the series, characters exhibit various powers that rely on the Force.

The Force has a "dark side", which feeds off of emotions such as anger and fear, whereas the Jedi use the Force only for peaceful purposes. The series' villains, the Sith, embrace the dark side in order to seize power. The Jedi's compassionate and selfless use of the Force has come to be known by inference as "the Light Side", although that term is not used in the films.

The prequels introduced the idea of midi-chlorians, microscopic organisms that reside in living cells and communicate with the Force. A being's potential to use the Force is correlated with the number of these organisms residing in its blood.

Force abilities
Main article: Force power

Jedi Master Yoda (Frank Oz) holds a senatorial platform aloft in Revenge of the SithThe Force can also be used to allow an adept's body to be guided by the Force itself: such action enable Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) to launch proton torpedoes into an extremely difficult target on the Death Star in A New Hope.

The Sith, meanwhile, channel their aggressive feelings through the Force to create purely harmful energy, often used in unprovoked attack. Examples include Force lightning, as used by Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid) in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, and using the Force to choke people, as used by Darth Vader (David Prowse) in A New Hope and Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.

In the original films, certain characters use the Force to retain their spiritual presence after death. In the Expanded Universe novel Heir to the Empire, Obi-Wan Kenobi says this can only continue for a while before the Jedi must "move on" to a spirit realm. In Revenge of the Sith, the late Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn (Liam Neeson) communicates with Yoda from the spirit realm, promising to teach him and Obi-Wan this power. They apparently learn; in Return of the Jedi, Luke Skywalker sees the spirits of the deceased Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and a redeemed Anakin Skywalker (Sebastian Shaw/Hayden Christiansen). However, Palpatine claims in Revenge of the Sith that the Sith Darth Plagueis discovered a method to use the dark side to prevent death in the first place; it is left ambiguous whether he is telling the truth.

Disturbances in the Force
Many characters throughout the series can sense a "disturbance in the Force" whenever something bad happens or is about to happen.

When the planet Alderaan is destroyed in A New Hope, Obi-Wan senses "a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced". In The Empire Strikes Back, Palpatine tells Vader that he has felt a disturbance in the Force upon realizing that Luke Skywalker poses a threat to him. In Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Yoda feels a disturbance in the Force when Anakin, enraged by his mother's death, slaughters a tribe of Tusken Raiders.

Jedi Master Yoda is seen to be visibly weakened after sensing the deaths of many Jedi during the execution of Order 66 in Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith.

Cultural impact
Please help improve this article by expanding this section.
See talk page for details. Please remove this message once the section has been expanded.

The expression "May the Force be with you" has achieved cult status and is symbolic of the Star Wars legacy. The quote appears at #8 on the AFI's 100 Years... 100 Movie Quotes list, compiled by the American Film Institute in 2005 to showcase the all-time best lines in American cinema history.

The player's ability to use the Force is a feature in several LucasArts titles, ranging from real-time strategy games like Empire at War to first-person shooters such as Jedi Knight. LucasArts, Del Rey, Hasbro, Lego, and Dark Horse Comics currently are developing the multimedia project, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

Origin
George Lucas, the creator of the Star Wars fictional universe, has attributed the origins of "The Force" to the film "21-87" (dir. Arthur Lipsett) which used samples from many sources.

"One of the audio sources Lipsett sampled for 21-87 was a conversation between artificial intelligence pioneer Warren S. McCulloch and Roman Kroitor , a cinematographer who went on to develop IMAX. In the face of McCulloch's arguments that living beings are nothing but highly complex machines, Kroitor insists that there is something more: 'Many people feel that in the contemplation of nature and in communication with other living things, they become aware of some kind of force, or something, behind this apparent mask which we see in front of us, and they call it God.'"

"When asked if this was the source of "the Force," Lucas confirms that his use of the term in Star Wars was 'an echo of that phrase in 21-87.'" .

References
^ Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope: "The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together."
^ Yoda in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back:"Anger, fear, aggression! The dark side of The Force are they. ... A Jedi uses The Force for knowledge and defense. Never for attack."
^ http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/thesith/
^ http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Light_side
^ Qui-Gon Jinn in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace: "Midi-chlorians are a microscopic lifeform that reside within all living cells and communicate with the Force. ... Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to you, telling you the will of the Force."
^ Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace: "...the reading's off the chart... over twenty thousand. Even Master Yoda doesn't have a midi-chlorian count that high!" Later,in Jedi Council, Mace Windu: "His cells contain a high concentration of midi-chlorians." Ki-Adi Mundi: "The Force is strong with him."
^ Zahn, Timothy. Heir to the Empire, The Thrawn Trilogy.
Star Wars Roleplaying Game: Revised Core Rulebook, hardcover, 2002. Bill Slavicsek, Andy Collins, J.D. Wiker, ISBN 0-7869-2876-X
Star Wars Roleplaying Game: Power of the Jedi Sourcebook, hardcover, 2002. Michael Mikaelian, Jeff Grubb, Owen K.C. Stephens, James Maliszewski, ISBN 0-7869-2781-X
The Dark Side sourcebook, Wizards of the Coast, 1st printing, 2001. Bill Slavicsek, J. D. Wiker, ISBN 0-7869-1849-7
The Tao of Star Wars, John M. Porter, Humanics Trade Group, 2003, ISBN 0-89334-385-4.
The Dharma of Star Wars, Matthew Bortolin, Wisdom Publications, 2005, ISBN 0-86171-497-0.
The Making of Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Laurent Bouzereau, Jody Duncan, ISBN 0-345-43111-1
Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races (Revised and Expanded), Troy Denning, West End Games, 1994, ISBN 0-87431-208-6
Empire Building: The Remarkable, Real-Life Story of Star Wars, Garry Jenkins, Citadel Press; Revised & Updated Edition, 1999, ISBN 0-8065-2087-6
Life After Darth, Steve Silberman, Wired Magazine, May 2005

((The_Anomaly))
Just the movies? LOL!!! Movie Superman can go back in time at will, Bad choice because movie Supes is based off of Pre-Crisis Superman who can do just about anything he wants. Seriously, it really makes no difference what Superman you decide to say it is he still curbstomps all the Jedi and Sith.

Rogue Jedi
Just the movies? LOL!!! Movie Superman can go back in time at will, Bad choice because movie Supes is based off of Pre-Crisis Superman who can do just about anything he wants. Seriously, it really makes no difference what Superman you decide to say it is he still curbstomps all the Jedi and Sith. WTF does going back in time have to do with fighting a Jedi? What, is he gonna be getting his ass kicked, then, out of the blue, say "I am gonna turn back time and start over?" Like a reset button?

((The_Anomaly))
Have you ever SEEN the Superman movies?

WTF I left these forums because of the stupidly, i came back hopefully thinking might have got better....and now i see the stupidly has only gotten worse. Where do all you people come from anyways?

Rogue Jedi
Have you ever SEEN the Superman movies?

WTF I left these forums because of the stupidly, i came back hopefully thinking might have got better....and now i see the stupidly has only gotten worse. Where do all you people come from anyways? Yeah, Ive seen the movies, he turns back in time to save that skank Lois. He also falls victim to Kryptonite, so much so that he cant even get to his feet. and gets his power from the yellow Earth of the sun.

Whats your point? Make it fast, because I am losing interest.

Rogue Jedi
Superman exposed to Kryptonite, getting his ass kicked by three NON JEDI, by two ORDINARY HUMANS:

qW5UZRmlFsE

A Jedi/Sith is FAR from an ordinary human, what do you think the outcome will be?

Talk your way outta this one.

Rogue Jedi
And again, Superman is exposed to a hand sized piece of green Kryptonite, and he is HELPLESS. He cant even WALK.

OkSaAhbceBk&feature=related

Man I cant wait to hear the reaction to this one. Oh yeah, "The Jedi dont have kryptonite!!!" wanker

Captain REX
Okay, as this seems to be turning a tad unfriendly, I think I will close this...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.