Silver Surfer vs. Sentry and World War Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
How goes it?

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Soljer
How goes it?

Marvel hierarchy:

1)WWH (His power is off charts; Pak said he is above The Sentry, Superman and Thor with Odin's power)
2)Sentry (#1 most powerful guy around from wwh#1)
3)Black Bolt (#2 most powerful being around from wwh#1)

I guess #4 position is among Silver Surfer, Nova and current Thor.

Both of them wins 9/10.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
Marvel hierarchy:

WWH (His power is off charts; Pak said he is above The Sentry, Superman and Thor with Odin's power)
Sentry (#1 most powerful guy around from wwh#2)
Black Bolt (#2 most powerful being around from wwh#1)

Both of them wins 9/10. If Pak really said that, then he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Short story: Disagree with your hierarchy. A lot.

iceman24567
He can beat them both. Surfer 8/10.

FearOfBlood

Estacado
Marvel hierarchy:

1)WWH (His power is off charts; Pak said he is above The Sentry, Superman and Thor with Odin's power)

Both of them wins 9/10.
Stop failing.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Acrosurge

Short story: Disagree with your hierarchy. A lot.

It's official, you can't disagree with official hierarchy.

Papa Smurph
Silver Surfer gets dominated.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Estacado
Stop failing.

It's from wwh, i did not write it.

Papa Smurph
But you messed up the context.

Those were the hierarchy for Earth based beings.

The inhumans were Earth based and some still consider them Earth based even with the whole moon thing hence (IIRC Spiderman's assertion of)

Sentry 1
Black Bolt 2

Thor and the Eternals were off the radar atm and Surfer and Nova were out saving the Universe

Kutulu
Against classic Hulk, Surfer wins in a stomp. Against WWH Surfer would have severe trouble, and at bare minimum would be a close battle. We saw that Hulk's strength increased enough on Planet Hulk to literally knock the Surfer out, something which in the past he has had extreme trouble doing.

Sentry punked Terrax, a fellow herald of Sufer, casually breaking his axe and crushing his fist without even unleashing a portion of his full power. Sentry alone would be a very close match for Surfer, potentially the fight could go either way.

Now combine both Sentry and WWHulk against Surfer? It's a pretty hefty margin of victory for the team.

iceman24567

quanchi112
Marvel hierarchy:

Both of them wins 9/10. Your hierarchy is wrong. They werent including the Silver Surfer when the were talking about powerhouses.

Estacado
How goes it?
You got what you wanted.......

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by iceman24567
He can beat them both. Surfer 8/10.

Endrict Nuul
It's official, you can't disagree with official hierarchy.

Hurry up and get banned already, Troll.

jmcnasty
sentry and hulk got this one in the bag. Stop teaming these two against people, its overwhelming odds that they'll lose if theyre fighting one person.

quanchi112
The team wins this all day.

Acrosurge
It's official, you can't disagree with official hierarchy. That was definitely not official (or you would have provided definitive sources), but you obviously want it to be! smile

Pak's comments regarding Odinpower Thor are a non-answer and don't make a very convincing case that WWH was actually more powerful.

iceman24567
Marvel hierarchy:

Both of them wins 9/10. Thor was dead Surfer wasn't on Earth and Nova was off world as well....

llagrok
How goes it?

Are you proud of yourself?

iceman24567
Originally posted by llagrok
Are you proud of yourself? Probably instead of mature debating it turns into hell.

janus77
close fight, can see Surfer winning more than he loses.
taking out Sentry is the key to this fight, imo. he should be able to do that pretty damned quickly, if the Sentry-WWH fight is anything to go by (bust the planet with a casual wave of the hand, leave Sentry dazed at the very least) but who knows ... being generous I'd say a knock-around fight would ensue, with Surfer feeling monumentally drained at the end of it. then WWH comes and snuffs the life out of him no expression.

unlikely, but preferable scenario: Surfer blasts the planet to dust, leaves WWH floating about and Sentry wounded, then goes in for the kill against Sentry, whilst WWH tries to thunderclap stun Surfer ... if Surfer's fast enough, Sentry's dead and it's just WWH vs Surfer.

likely scenario: Sentry goes for the throat and somehow, manages to get the jump on Surfer so that it becomes a tussle. Sentry is eventually downed via blasts and astral-mental attacks (as in "In Thy Name"wink and then Surfer attempts to siphon the gamma from WWH, fails badly and hurts himself, falling to the ground and in reach of WWH's fists ... Surfer loses no expression.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by janus77
close fight, can see Surfer winning more than he loses.
taking out Sentry is the key to this fight, imo. he should be able to do that pretty damned quickly, if the Sentry-WWH fight is anything to go by (bust the planet with a casual wave of the hand, leave Sentry dazed at the very least) but who knows ... being generous I'd say a knock-around fight would ensue, with Surfer feeling monumentally drained at the end of it. then WWH comes and snuffs the life out of him no expression.

unlikely, but preferable scenario: Surfer blasts the planet to dust, leaves WWH floating about and Sentry wounded, then goes in for the kill against Sentry, whilst WWH tries to thunderclap stun Surfer ... if Surfer's fast enough, Sentry's dead and it's just WWH vs Surfer.

likely scenario: Sentry goes for the throat and somehow, manages to get the jump on Surfer so that it becomes a tussle. Sentry is eventually downed via blasts and astral-mental attacks (as in "In Thy Name"wink and then Surfer attempts to siphon the gamma from WWH, fails badly and hurts himself, falling to the ground and in reach of WWH's fists ... Surfer loses no expression. I could see this, depending upon the writer.

Apparently, if Pak is writing, then WWH is more powerful than Odin and Surfer has no chance.

janus77
I could see this, depending upon the writer.

Apparently, if Pak is writing, then WWH is more powerful than Odin and Surfer has no chance.
I don't think it's a question of power.
Surfer's clearly been upgraded since the Odin thing. imo either of T&A would crush Odin pretty easy, and yet Surfer managed to endure quite a beating without getting KO'ed.

hmm, I think I agree with Pak's general take on Hulk regarding the infinite power thing. it's what I remember from childhood, about the Hulk. there was never any 'limit' as such, apart from the obvious ones - no flight, no matter manipulation, no mental attacks... etc.

I don't agree on the beating Superman/Thor thing, other than on terms favourable to Hulk (ie on the ground and a physical confrontation). but Surfer won't need to even try to over-power Hulk, just keep him at bay and then exploit the gamma siphoning trick.

llagrok
How do you define crush?

Because the Surfer was broken, literally.

janus77
How do you define crush?

Because the Surfer was broken, literally.
Surfer's healed Thor, he is pretty damned good at bringing the 'nearly dying' back to life. that includes himself.

he was pretty smashed up yes, but as he demonstrated with the Crunch channelling feat, he wasn't out of it by a long shot.

Acrosurge
I think I agree with Pak's general take on Hulk regarding the infinite power thing. it's what I remember from childhood, about the Hulk. there was never any 'limit' as such, apart from the obvious ones - no flight, no matter manipulation, no mental attacks... etc.

I don't agree on the beating Superman/Thor thing, other than on terms favourable to Hulk (ie on the ground and a physical confrontation). but Surfer won't need to even try to over-power Hulk, just keep him at bay and then exploit the gamma siphoning trick. I don't necessarily disagree with Pak's general take on the Hulk either. But the implication that WWH was superior to Thor with the Odinpower seems pretty ridiculous after reading Thor: Disassembled. Then again, writers can be ridiculous and still be good writers.

llagrok
I don't necessarily disagree with Pak's general take on the Hulk either. But the implication that WWH was superior to Thor with the Odinpower seems pretty ridiculous after reading Thor: Disassembled. Then again, writers can be ridiculous and still be good writers.

During Thor: Disassembled, he had no powers at all actually, but his strength/durability. Badass, I know? cool

janus77
I think that's a problem with the whole World War Hulk arc. it wasn't what it often claimed to be. instead of "WorldBreaker" Hulk, we got a very efficient, tough, incredibly powerful but controlled Hulk.

it's only at the realisation of Meik's 'lessons from Hulk', that he really cuts loose. that's when it starts to demonstrate that Hulk's a lot more than a very powerful brick.

you could easily go back in the history of the character and pull out far more impressive feats, which kind of makes WWH arc a bit too ... safe in underplaying the power.

if they thought that Hulk was the creature most fitting to fight Onslaught, after conclusively and absolutely proving Onslaught's physical dominance over all the other heroes (bar Surfer and a few ubers...), if they have beings far beyond Skyfather make a point of Hulk's likeness to them, what did WWH actually add to the development of the character, aside from the kick-ass Cho-Hercules band and the quite intelligent and funny Hulk persona?

TricksterPriest
I fail to see how Surfer can lose this. Historically, he's never lost to Hulk when he actually wanted to fight him.

And I have never considered Sentry mid herald level, let alone high herald like Surfer.

guy222
Team

Soljer
Originally posted by Kutulu
Against classic Hulk, Surfer wins in a stomp.
True.

Against WWH Surfer would have severe trouble, and at bare minimum would be a close battle.
False.

We saw that Hulk's strength increased enough on Planet Hulk to literally knock the Surfer out.
False.

Sentry punked Terrax, a fellow herald of Sufer, casually breaking his axe and crushing his fist without even unleashing a portion of his full power.
True.

Sentry alone would be a very close match for Surfer, potentially the fight could go either way.
False.

Now combine both Sentry and WWHulk against Surfer? It's a pretty hefty margin of victory for the team.
False.

doped.

Sirius77
Surfer in a stomp.

Priest
Surfer.

llagrok
Surfer's healed Thor, he is pretty damned good at bringing the 'nearly dying' back to life. that includes himself.

he was pretty smashed up yes, but as he demonstrated with the Crunch channelling feat, he wasn't out of it by a long shot.

He was out of it, he was near death.

It's not like he absorbed the crunch energy either, he surfed across it and broke the containment. It's like saying you "channel" the waves when you're surfing. And the Surfer was crushed, didn't you see his skin? He was literally broken and falling apart.

He used a plot item, get with it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sirius77
Surfer in a stomp. False.

Estacado
Surefer 10/10

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Estacado
Surefer 10/10

Planet Hulk one-shotted Silver Surfer.

Keep on dreaming.

Estacado
Planet Hulk one-shotted Silver Surfer.

Keep on dreaming.
You can't even comprehend the comic.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Sirius77
Surfer in a stomp.

laughing

janus77
He was out of it, he was near death.

It's not like he absorbed the crunch energy either, he surfed across it and broke the containment. It's like saying you "channel" the waves when you're surfing. And the Surfer was crushed, didn't you see his skin? He was literally broken and falling apart.

He used a plot item, get with it.
he was not 'near death', that's just convenient speculation. Teneberous assumed Surfer would die of the injuries he had inflicted but, clearly he didn't know the Surfer at all, for he didn't even imagine the threat the Surfer posed to him.

Surfer was killed by the +energies+ of The Crunch, which were radiating throughout his body, eating it up from inside. that's the +official truth+ from the only creature in the story capable of diagnosing it, Galactus.

as I said before to another poster, why would Galactus go through the trouble of remarking how impressed he was with the Surfer's use of the Crunch energies, pointing out how he himself would have been challenged to handle such energies for any length of time.

at the end of the day, they couldn't show Surfer "channelling" the Crunch energies as they needed to be immense in size, as well as power, in order to 'drown' T&A, so they went with the 'surfing' imagine and had the dialogue +explicitly' state that Surfer was absorbing those energies as well as T&A were. just that he had Galactus to bring him back from death.

makmeh
your all idiots if u think huk makes a difference

llagrok
he was not 'near death', that's just convenient speculation. Teneberous assumed Surfer would die of the injuries he had inflicted but, clearly he didn't know the Surfer at all, for he didn't even imagine the threat the Surfer posed to him.

Surfer was killed by the +energies+ of The Crunch, which were radiating throughout his body, eating it up from inside. that's the +official truth+ from the only creature in the story capable of diagnosing it, Galactus.

as I said before to another poster, why would Galactus go through the trouble of remarking how impressed he was with the Surfer's use of the Crunch energies, pointing out how he himself would have been challenged to handle such energies for any length of time.

at the end of the day, they couldn't show Surfer "channelling" the Crunch energies as they needed to be immense in size, as well as power, in order to 'drown' T&A, so they went with the 'surfing' imagine and had the dialogue +explicitly' state that Surfer was absorbing those energies as well as T&A were. just that he had Galactus to bring him back from death.

Bring him back from death? What the hell is going on in that head of yours? Dead people do not speak at all. THAT is just a convenient speculation

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Annihilation-HeraldsofGalactus2--1.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Annihilation-HeraldsofGalactus2-037.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Annihilation-HeraldsofGalactus2-038.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Annihilation-HeraldsofGalactus2-040.jpg

The only dead ones are Tenebrous and Aegis, thanks to the crunch energies.

janus77
Bring him back from death? What the hell is going on in that head of yours? Dead people do not speak at all. THAT is just a convenient speculation

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Annihilation-HeraldsofGalactus2--1.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Annihilation-HeraldsofGalactus2-037.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Annihilation-HeraldsofGalactus2-038.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Annihilation-HeraldsofGalactus2-040.jpg

The only dead ones are Tenebrous and Aegis, thanks to the crunch energies.
that's quite poor, even by your lowly standards of reasoning.
what about the NEXT page, the one where Galactus STATES that Surfer is DYING as a result of the CRUNCH ENERGIES IN HIS BODY?

now go away, you have nothing of any value to contribute to this.

llagrok
So you consider people who are DYING to be dead?

makmeh
that's quite poor, even by your lowly standards of reasoning.
what about the NEXT page, the one where Galactus STATES that Surfer is DYING as a result of the CRUNCH ENERGIES IN HIS BODY?

now go away, you have nothing of any value to contribute to this. You have nothing to contribute to this forum so leave.

janus77
So you consider people who are DYING to be dead?
you want to get pedantic, with me?
lol.

ok so he was +dying+ and why was he dying? BECAUSE OF THE CRUNCH ENERGIES.

see that? that's your argument crumbling to dust under the weight of its own preposterousness.

now begone smile.

llagrok
you want to get pedantic, with me?
lol.

ok so he was +dying+ and why was he dying? BECAUSE OF THE CRUNCH ENERGIES.

see that? that's your argument crumbling to dust under the weight of its own preposterousness.

now begone smile.

I'm not denying the fact that he was dying, that was my point in the first place. Did you miss the part where I said that the Surfer was falling apart?

Why would you say that Galactus brought him back from the dead, if he wasn't dead yet?

janus77
I'm not denying the fact that he was dying, that was my point in the first place. Did you miss the part where I said that the Surfer was falling apart?

Why would you say that Galactus brought him back from the dead, if he wasn't dead yet?
go back and read what I wrote, what you initially +objected+ to.

he wasn't dying as a result of T&A but of the CRUNCH ENERGIES. and he wasn't just "surfing" them, they were INSIDE OF HIS BODY, hence the dying.

honestly, do you want me to start giving English lessons in here?

llagrok
go back and read what I wrote, what you initially +objected+ to.

he wasn't dying as a result of T&A but of the CRUNCH ENERGIES. and he wasn't just "surfing" them, they were INSIDE OF HIS BODY, hence the dying.

honestly, do you want me to start giving English lessons in here?

Right, right roll eyes (sarcastic)

He was dying from T&A attack no matter what you claim. It's still possible to move while fatally injured.

janus77
Right, right roll eyes (sarcastic)

He was dying from T&A attack no matter what you claim. It's still possible to move while fatally injured.
'grok, seems nobody does purblind ignorance quite like you do smile.

however, your wishful fantasising aside, Surfer was dying as a result of the Crunch energies. the handling of which would even have strained Galactus.

this happens to be the position of the comic and with all due respect, I'll take that over your drivel smile.

Soljer
What, exactly, is being argued here?

The Surfer was near-death because he channeled the energies of creation in order to destroy Tenebrous and Aegis. A feat that even Galactus said he'd trouble to replicate.

It was a bit of a plot-device victory for the Surfer, but it was still a very impressive feat of durability and creativity on his part.

But, what, exactly, does the Crunch have to do with the Surfer beating on the Hulk and Sentry?

llagrok
'grok, seems nobody does purblind ignorance quite like you do smile.

however, your wishful fantasising aside, Surfer was dying as a result of the Crunch energies. the handling of which would even have strained Galactus.

this happens to be the position of the comic and with all due respect, I'll take that over your drivel smile.

He was dying before he started channeling the crunch energies.

janus77
What, exactly, is being argued here?

The Surfer was near-death because he channeled the energies of creation in order to destroy Tenebrous and Aegis. A feat that even Galactus said he'd trouble to replicate.

It was a bit of a plot-device victory for the Surfer, but it was still a very impressive feat of durability and creativity on his part.

But, what, exactly, does the Crunch have to do with the Surfer beating on the Hulk and Sentry?
what's being contested is the very fact you (and I) accept of Surfer being near death as a result of the channelling.

evidently to some, on-panel explanations are not as valid as their speculations.

apparently Surfer was dying from the beat down he got at the hands of Teneberous and Aegis, yet was still capable of channelling Crunch energies (said by Galactus to be enough to kill even him, with prolongued contact) and destroy T&A with it.

it's an argument that's spilled over from another thread/debate ... not of direct relevance here other than to show how obscenely durable Surfer is.

janus77
He was dying before he started channeling the crunch energies.
laughing out loud
yes, sure...

and Galactus was twittering on about Surfer's impressive use of Crunch energies and how those energies would even kill Galactus with extended contact, was for what?

Galactus said Surfer was dying as a result of Crunch energies. you said ... well, you're irrelevant really smile.

llagrok
laughing out loud
yes, sure...

and Galactus was twittering on about Surfer's impressive use of Crunch energies and how those energies would even kill Galactus with extended contact, was for what?

Galactus said Surfer was dying as a result of Crunch energies. you said ... well, you're irrelevant really smile.

The Surfer was dying from the Crunch energies, yes. And he was dying before he started channeling them. I know this is hard to understand, but please try. I'll make it easy.

Let's say that this guy gets beaten to near death and left alone. Then he swallows a lot of poison and dangerous drugs, before spewing that poison on the ones that beat him up. He's dying from the drugs alright, but he was also dying before swallowing them.

Badabing
Janus, stop baiting. Thanks.

iceman24567
This thread kinda went off topic Surfer wins 7/10.

LORD B
norrin

Mr. Slippyfist
Surfer.

Mr. Slippyfist
Surfer has good enough reactions to avoid a lot of attacks from Sentry and Hulk. smile
And good enough combat feats to be offensive about it too.

Goes beyond the speed of light around Deathurge like nothing... in the middle of combat.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/SilverSurfer_Rune-14.jpg

Easily dodges Hulk without his board.
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7940/story2page01combatwa4.jpg

Runs through a bunch of ships easily.
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7517/annihilationsilversurferi9.jpg

Blitzes a bunch of ships.
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/1935/silversurfer199003316ik9.jpg

Dodges a missile point blank.
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3122/silversurferv306103cj4.jpg
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/373/silversurferv306104ma8.jpg

Nanosecond reaction.
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/48/marvelcomicspresents001fk4.jpg

Apparently if he was a microsecond slower, he would have been tagged.
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/623/silversurfer0230rp3.jpg

Dodges an attack by Avatar right after she awakes him.
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9471/silversurferv309215yv0.jpg

And another.
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9199/silversurferv309216zy3.jpg

Shows some good combat speed against Firelord.
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8950/silversurfer198901917ut0.jpg
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6966/silversurfer198901918jg5.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4743/silversurfer198901920gh4.jpg

Against Firelord again.
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5583/silversurferv308306ab3.jpg

Absolutely makes Legacy look ridiculous.
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1567/p2silversurferv309005qb6.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9906/p3silversurferv309016gd0.jpg
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4025/p3silversurferv30901718yo6.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5885/p3silversurferv309019dv2.jpg

Good showing against Midnight Sun (top class martial artist).
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/9861/silversurfer198903014id3.jpg

Shows a nice speed showing vs Morg. A quick punch.
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6703/silversurferannual0727mo1.jpg

Hits Ravenous, and then apparently gets behind him, and gets him again.
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4984/annihilationsilversurfexs9.jpg

Catches Ronan's hammer while Ronan was drilling him with it, and KO's him.
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4632/silversurfer198902526bb7.jpg

Good combat showing against Super Skrull. Even better because he had to adjust his eyes to see him in the middle of his attack.
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8264/silversurfer198902508gh6.jpg

Dodges Super Skrulls punch, and then punches off a chunk of his face.
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2213/silversurferv3105p12mk3.jpg

Vs Thor.
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2576/silversurferv1004p036go9.jpg
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2497/silversurferv1004p039hu7.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1812/silversurferv1004p041co8.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6692/silversurferv1004p042ul2.jpg

Comes out of nowhere and blocks an attackers knife attack.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/InThyName2009.jpg

Shows some skill vs Lunatik.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/MCP175p12.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.