Balance to the Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Knightfa11
What Exactly does "Bring Balance to the force" mean? Anakin was supposed to bring balance to the force, but what was he actually supposed to do? If anakin kills all but 2 jedi so that there are Obi Wan and Yoda, and there are Anakin and Palpatine, 2 on each side, is that not bringing balance? Im confused.

Some people believe that without good to fight, evil would betray itself and evolve into good vs evil again, and that without evil, good would corrupt inside of itself and evolve into good vs evil again... is this what bringing blance to the force means? and what about after the fall of the empire? there were still sith being made because, as I said, skywalker made more jedis, and some of the jedis corrupted and turned evil (dasaan for one)...

it kind of makes that whole "skywalkers will bring balance" thing pointless.

could someone clear me up?
and of course, as always I realize that it is all fiction, im not the galaxy quest nerd (I LUV that movie)

Lord Knightfa11
oh and is george lucas like tim alan in galaxy quest in which he kinda sometimes gets ticked off by the adoring fans and geeks and nerds?

just out of curiousity.

Ushgarak
Shoet answer- GL equates 'good' with 'balance', and 'evil' wioth 'inbalance'.

So balance isn't the literasl balance of scales where there is equal good and evil. The balanced galaxy is one where the positive, symbiotic force of balance, the Light Side, is supreme, and the destructive, parasitic force of Imbalance- the Dark Side- is gone. He;s very clear on this symbiotic vs. parasitc thing.

The forces of inbaslance were the Sith. Destroy the Sith, return the balance. That's all there is to it.

Some people may indeed believe what you say. But GL doesn't, so he didn't write it that way.

And don;t worry about what the EU said happened next. Though whatever did follow, none of them were Sith; the Sith were destroyed with the Emperor and Vader. The chain was broken.

Lord Knightfa11
ok so the active term here for jedis like Dasaan is.... Dark Jedis?

I know all the original sith were a red alien species that died 5000 years ago, and all that call themselves sith are just evil force users and not the original "Sith" race.

Ok so Evil=imbalance

so why is there still dasaan and the spirit of palpatine and Kun coming back to haunt luke?

uh oh.... HELP I think I found an Inconcistency in Star Wars! the world has become meaningless to me. I find myself in a dizzy exhistential Pessemistic view of the universe....

now I need therapy.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
ok so the active term here for jedis like Dasaan is.... Dark Jedis?

I know all the original sith were a red alien species that died 5000 years ago, and all that call themselves sith are just evil force users and not the original "Sith" race.

Ok so Evil=imbalance

so why is there still dasaan and the spirit of palpatine and Kun coming back to haunt luke?

uh oh.... HELP I think I found an Inconcistency in Star Wars! the world has become meaningless to me. I find myself in a dizzy exhistential Pessemistic view of the universe....

now I need therapy.

On this and the OT forum the eu don't exist so if you want to address the points after ROTJ than maybe you should make a new thread in the EU section.

Lord Knightfa11
oh.. ok thanks

Ushgarak
Regardless of its canonicity or otherwise,. just because the Sith were destroyed it doesn't mean there will never be any evil ever again. The point was it was the Sith that had made the galaxy unbalanced. Destroying them restoted the Balance.

Other threats may come over time, of course.

Lord Knightfa11
ok...

so defenitely no happily ever after for the star wars universe lol.

Schecter
ok...

so defenitely no happily ever after for the star wars universe lol.

in relative terms, it is 'happily ever after' since no enemy besides the sith could decieve/destroy the jedi and plunge the galaxy into darkness, so we are to believe. of course there was always and would always be evil on a small scale. that has always been a constant in fact, judging by what we learn in the PT. (republic jurisdiction limits = gangland/slavery/etc)

queeq
What Ush said.

Schecter
and me

dont forget me

...me?

queeq
I never forget you...

WHAT SCHECTER SAID!!!

DarthLazious
Balance of The Force could mean The Chosen One to destroy the Old Republic and the Old Jedi Order to make them a new kinda like what Darth Bane did with the Old Sith Order.

queeq
No. It means the Chosen One destroys the Sith. No more no less. And Bane is EU!

General G
He is so-so EU I would say.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by queeq
And Bane is EU!

ROTS novel

Mace looked even grimmer than usual. "Since the fall of Darth Bane more than a millennium ago, there have been hundreds of thousands of Jedi-hundreds of thousands of Jedi feeding the light with each work of their hands, with each breath, with every beat of their hearts, bringing justice, building civil society, radiating peace, acting out of selfless love for all living things-and in all these thousand years, there have been only two Sith at any time. Only two. Jedi create light, but the Sith do not create darkness. They merely use the darkness that is always there. That has always been there. Greed and jealousy, aggression and lust and fear-these are all natural to sentient beings. The legacy of the jungle. Our inheritance from the dark."

General G
hahahaha! Owned queeq!

queeq
Damn! Another excuse to get rid of Bane out of the window. I should read the novel again. laughing out loud

However, it still doesn't say what Bane did. That sounds like EU.

Sesse
Damn! Another excuse to get rid of Bane out of the window. I should read the novel again. laughing out loud

However, it still doesn't say what Bane did. That sounds like EU.

"Since the fall of Darth Bane"
He fell?

Elite Hunter
It is pretty vague as to what happened to him. I think he was only mentioned once in the novel but wasn't he written by GL for the back story of the sith of something like that?

queeq
Originally posted by Sesse
"Since the fall of Darth Bane"
He fell?

I think he hurt his knee and went home to mommy, crying.

DarthLazious
We have to consider the EU cannon since it covers all of the loss ends such as Anakin beening created by the Sith and etc.

General G
laughing out loud

Go ahead, see what happens. stick out tongue

queeq
LOAD THE EU CANNON..... FIRE!

darthmaul1
I was kind of wondering that in Episode I if there were no sith then why wasn't there already balance in the force?

But that's what the prophecy said, but they miss read it and thought that anakin would bring balance to the force by destroying the sith
but it actually meant that he would be on the good side then dark then good again and bring balance that way.

Lord Knightfa11
doubt it but whatever.

General G
But there were Sith in ep. 1...

queeq
No one knew.

Sesse
If a jetplane crashes at the North Pole, and there is nobody around to hear it, does it make a sound?

queeq
Does the witnessing of a sound define it's existence?

General G
ooh, nice response.

Sesse
What is existence?

queeq
Who are you?

General G
ooooh, philosophy!

queeq
YES!

Sesse
I am what I am!
But who are you to ask me who I am?
Are you not aware of yourself enough not to ask such things?

queeq
Who am I? wink

Sesse
Why are you so sure you are?

queeq
I dunno, you tell me.

General G
I love it!!! philosophy in the SW area, who would have thunk?

DarthLazious
What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

General G
Absolutely nothing!

Sesse
Originally posted by General G
I love it!!! philosophy in the SW area, who would have thunk?

No.. I dont have a thunk. Sorry.

queeq
Thunk's right around the corner.

General G
Damn, thanks for the info.

queeq
Welcome

General G
I don't like it there anymore.

queeq
Let's close thunk's then.

General G
Good idea, they have been kinda slowly deteriorating lately.

queeq
And the food sucks too.

Alliance
Just like Lucas' concept of balance.

queeq
Why is that? Makes sense to me, better than the bloody ying-yang variation.

Alliance
Ying-Yang is a real and tested philosophy, not the demented wet dream of a man who can't even write.

Schecter
the ying yang variation is as clumsy as it is stupid.

it assumes that all good and evil exist in jedi and sith, which complete and utter horseshit. jedi are not the all encompassing body of good. without them goodness and compassion will always exist just as evil will thrive without the sith.

your little theory is factually incorrect as it was debunked by george lucas and furthermore makes no logical sense. accept your fail and move on.

Alliance
Lucas can't FACTUALLY maintain his own theories, even from his own films. I know you'd slurp up Lucas' stool if you had the chance, but the man isn't god and he's made a logical error...one that MANY people have regocnized.

Schecter
Originally posted by Alliance
Lucas can't FACTUALLY maintain his own theories, even from his own films.

its not a theory. it is fact. there is a difference

I know you'd slurp up Lucas' stool if you had the chance,

fail

but the man isn't god and he's made a logical error...

no he clearly did not. jedi and sith are not the encompassment of good and evil. they simply devote their lives to good or evil. deductive reasoning dictates this...painful in its obviousness for anyone with half a wit to understand.

one that MANY people have regocnized.

which goes to show: never underestimate the influence of idiots in great numbers.

Alliance
God, you're enough to demonstrate the power of one idiot.

You're fighting logic and canon, despite Lucas' inability to properly conceptualize a greater reality in his film.

Schecter
boy thats terrific.

anyway, again, you are 100% incorrect in your flawed and asinine theory.

queeq
God IS God of the SW universe, he created is. Light is good, dark is bad.
Or in Ush's words: SW is simple.

Sesse
Everything beginning with darth- is evil.
Everything else is a poor victim.

queeq
Something like that.

Alliance
God IS God of the SW universe, he created is. Light is good, dark is bad.
Or in Ush's words: SW is simple.

My way is simpler. It doesn't require beding over backwards.

queeq
You just want YOUR way with SW and can't abide the way of the creator of SW. Has nothing to do with bending over.

General G
Yeah, how is your version coming? You started it long ago.

Schecter
My way is simpler. It doesn't require beding over backwards.

yeah, it simply requires you to dream up your own hidden sub-plot, based on a completely irrelevant and unrelated theory in spirituallity, disacknowledge and effectively invalidate the plot and overall conclusion of the saga (rendering it nonsensical), and furthermore cry about on the internet when nobody will buy your snake oil.

sold!

queeq
laughing out loud

Alliance
You just want YOUR way with SW and can't abide the way of the creator of SW. Has nothing to do with bending over.

Lucas' films contradict his words. I let the films speak form themselves.

queeq
About balance of the Force, there is no contradiction. Make your own version please, finish it and show us your true brilliance. Then collect a couple of million to make a movie out of it and show Lucas wrong. Posts everything you envision in the EU forum. I'll be happy not to read it in there.

General G
His thread in there has kinda died on that topic, that was one of the only reasons I went in there...now there is none.

queeq
Maybe he'll revive it.

Alliance
I haven't had time to write. I'm a crappy writer and I have too much other sh*t to do.

I'm sick of everyone sucking up Lucas' words and not actually examing the situation. Lucas IS fallable, as exemplified by practically every other aspect of his films.

Ushgarak
To be very clear here- I find his words about his own project many times more convincing than yours, by several orders of magnitude.

Your ego-driven insistence of your superior thinking in this area is really only worthy of contempt, which is also all it has got you.

Your assumption that others have not examined the situation is a particularly juvenile one.

Alliance
and I think your continued stifling of the conversation is not befitting of your position.

Schecter
what conversation? all i see is you crying and making no sense, and others pointing out that you are crying and making no sense.

*looks again*

yup, thats about it, really.

General G
And he was responding to you, not stifling it as you say.

Schecter
not agreeing = stifling...apparently

atv2
He ain't here for no race, he ain't redeeming nobody. He quit on that after she cleared out of Coruscant with Benny the Pimp!

queeq
I haven't had time to write. I'm a crappy writer and I have too much other sh*t to do.

I'm sick of everyone sucking up Lucas' words and not actually examing the situation. Lucas IS fallable, as exemplified by practically every other aspect of his films.

Has nothing to dow ith sucking in fact. His words, whether you like it or not, are part of the game. It's just as inapropriate as whining about baseball rules during a game, shouting your rules are so much better.

Apart from that, Lucas' ideas about the balance of the Force DO make more sense... What Ush said.

General G
Yes. I like the analogy there.

Originally posted by Schecter
not agreeing = stifling...apparently

So it would seem.

Jack Daniels
Originally posted by someone
What Ush said.

Ush doesnt give anyone a choice....he always has last word...lol...thats why I dont mess with him but once in a blue correlian moon....(cant help giving heck once every year or so..lol..sometimes I think he's Raz evilevil alter ego...jus kiddin Ush...& Raz)..me... I hang out in queeqs place....he lets me drink and be stupid and sometimes have last word(if not being to drunk and stupiddrunk)...LOL...ush wouldnt have me..though I dont think if he had a bar it would stay in business...there are those that have tried to compete with queeq's and failed...jr_queeq ALL HAIL he has the monopoly on the kmc bars! hes like the bill gates of bars! okay now Im just bullshitin but the milk bar is the place! Anyways what the heck was I going to say that was on topic? never mind im going to the milk bar to say wuz up!!!c-ya

queeq
Is that spamming for my milk bar???? If so, I'm allowing it! big grin

StarKiller20
WAIT THERE WERE WAY MORE THAN 2 JEdi

Tangible God
Originally posted by StarKiller20
WAIT THERE WERE WAY MORE THAN 2 JEdi You're strange. And not the kinky strange either, the bad kind.

queeq
laughing out loud

sorokseem
Maybe when Vader killed Emperor,Sidious kept some dark side artifact inside his clothes.So,when Anakin killed Sidious ,in the process the artifact is destroyed and this balances the Force?

queeq
You're sure it didn't get blasted upward when the Emperor died? *sigh*

sweersa
You're sure it didn't get blasted upward when the Emperor died? *sigh*

Don't forget the Emperor has a Kyber Crystal.

Jovan
but that is EU, no?

queeq
Really?????????

Schecter
oh great. its the 'george lucas was wrong about the plot which he conceived' thread.

sweersa
Originally posted by Jovan
but that is EU, no?

It is from SS.com, meaning it comes straight from George Lucas.

queeq
True. wink

sweersa
True. wink

hehe

queeq
Happy Dance

Jack Daniels
hey mickey knows guys who knows guys(a movie quote)..lol..its all true..hehe

queeq
I bet.

sweersa
I bet.

I wouldn't be suprised. I mean remember the detailed ROTS synopsis that was on their several months before the movie? Wow.

queeq
And so accurate.

sweersa
And so accurate.

It was in some respects.

queeq
Like as in: there were Jedi... Anakin falls to the Dark Side...

sweersa
Like as in: there were Jedi... Anakin falls to the Dark Side...

No, I would say it was 80% accurate. You would have to read it to know what I mean. I am not sure if it is still up.

Darth Subjekt
Are you still pledging allegiance to someone who who has been threatened with legal action by his "friend?" Also, the OS, per George Lucas, gave an official statement of not having anything to do with that dipshit.

If you were kidding, then disregard.

sweersa
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Are you still pledging allegiance to someone who who has been threatened with legal action by his "friend?" Also, the OS, per George Lucas, gave an official statement of not having anything to do with that dipshit.

If you were kidding, then disregard.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I guess the Nightmare Never Ends for some people.

Hahaha.

I have the old synopsis that was on that site...many fans like to forget just how accurate it really was. Someday I need to find the old printout.

Tangible God
It's not exactly impossible for a script to leak out. Just 'cuz it did, doesn't make him... official.

sweersa
Originally posted by Tangible God
It's not exactly impossible for a script to leak out. Just 'cuz it did, doesn't make him... official.

Well he was the only one showing it at the time. lol

queeq
SS for president.

Jack Daniels
SS sadly to say is and I know this post will follow me and ruin me but the reason I sought out KMC .....I knew what he said he was close to true but to good sounding to actually be true...so I sought out the truth and I found queeq's korova blue milk bar and I ascended to a drunker being and realized the truth..mickey did not have different big boobed babes each and every week..pinkcuffs...lol

sweersa
I came here only for the giggletime happy thread...until queeq killed it. lol

Jack Daniels
it's like move over bacon theres something leaner...lol..(old 80's commercial) in this case it was move over giggles theres something better!..lol..(milk bar)...er something like that...and no ma I aint been drinkin..lolbeer

sweersa
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
it's like move over bacon theres something leaner...lol..(old 80's commercial) in this case it was move over giggles theres something better!..lol..(milk bar)...er something like that...and no ma I aint been drinkin..lolbeer

the giggletime thread has been dead for a while.

Jack Daniels
Dude I was thinking different thread...anyways I didnt even realize queeq shut it down..? what happen did he discover SS himself had invaded the thread..lol

sweersa
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
Dude I was thinking different thread...anyways I didnt even realize queeq shut it down..? what happen did he discover SS himself had invaded the thread..lol

Ush gave us a warning becuase we were off topic and flaming eathother. (Back when the ShadowScourge people were around) Queeq sealed the deal and closed it after we kept it up. Someone made a second one though.

Lord Knightfa11
there be a new giggle time happy thread. its in the EU section.

sweersa
there be a new giggle time happy thread. its in the EU section.

Yup.

queeq
*holds finger over closing button*

Jack Daniels
lol

sweersa
*holds finger over closing button*

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha.

queeq
YEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! evil face

sweersa
YEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! evil face

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooo!!!!!!!

Darth Subjekt
Has balance been brought? Or, will the closing of this thread bring the balance that is needed? Only Queeq Skywalker can decide! ninja

Lord Knightfa11
no. This thread is awesome. I made it.

Jack Daniels
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Has balance been brought? Or, will the closing of this thread bring the balance that is needed? Only Queeq Skywalker can decide! ninja

Closing this thread or the ss giggle thread? Im confused..lol..not hard for that to happen though

queeq
no. This thread is awesome. I made it.

And I can close it. evil face

Lord Knightfa11
hmmm.... the actual relevance of this thread stopped on the first page ya know....

queeq
I know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.