Darth Nihilus vs. Minerva/Omega Weiss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

123KID
Lord of Hunger against the Goddess of all life in FFVII Gaia and a person being controlled by the entity who will take all that life to new planets

will they both be big snacks for the Sith ?

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by 123KID
Lord of Hunger against the Goddess of all life in FFVII Gaia and a person being controlled by the entity who will take all that life to new planets

will they both be big snacks for the Sith ? Considering he cannot drain them, no, but he would kill Weiss pretty easily, Minerva I cannot comment on.

EvilAngel
This will turn out like the Sephiroth thread.... what a pointless thing to make.

Going to point out you've never see Nihilus move as fast as Weiss, and that's the bottom line.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by EvilAngel
This will turn out like the Sephiroth thread.... what a pointless thing to make.

Going to point out you've never see Nihilus move as fast as Weiss, and that's the bottom line. Going to point out with a gesture Weiss will be being suffocated, that is the bottom line, and all Jedi and Sith can move in the Mach speeds.

Neo Darkhalen

Going to point out you've never see Nihilus move as fast as Weiss, and that's the bottom line.

Correct once again EA. thumb up

Dark-Jaxx
But she isn't. Nihilus with a gesture will have Weiss at his knees, and with another would crush his windpipe or his ribcage.

SHM
To anyone interested, here is some new information about Minerva and some other things connected to her:

http://forums.adventchildren.net/showthread.php?p=3306443#post3306443

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by SHM
To anyone interested, here is some new information about Minerva and some other things connected to her:

http://forums.adventchildren.net/showthread.php?p=3306443#post3306443 Isn't she basically the Lifestream of the planet?

ThoraxeRMG
Darth Nihilus

Terryc250
Minerva is basically the planets power manifested in human form, Omega weapon is basically her pet, has Nihilus ever performed planet destroying feats besides force drain?

Dark-Jaxx
No, does he need to? It doesn't take planet destroying to beat a planet destroyer, as is the case with Superman vs. Goku.

Terryc250
I dont think Minerva can die, she is the lifestream, he would either havbe to absorb the lifestream somehow, infect it like Sephiroth, or destroy the planet.

Also i'm pretty sure regular Superman cant take on Goku, Goku is too fast and is much more of a skilled fighter, regular supes is capable of going real fast but hes never been shown to demonstrate it fight-wise; however if it was superboy/man prime, pc supes, sundipped supes, or any of those version goku would get squashed.

Ivalice

Going to point out you've never see Nihilus move as fast as Weiss, and that's the bottom line. Seems you have never paid any attention in the expanded universe of star wars where mere apprentices like TPM obi wan could move at blinding speeds let alone the more powerful people like palpatine ,nihilus and darth bane could move to a point where they were be described as "invisible" or described such that "moving so fast it appeared that time has stopped".

Oh and DO take note i'm not taking part in the versus debate, i am merely refuting your claims that "jedis cannot move at mach speeds".

E-Hotshot
Originally posted by Ivalice
Seems you have never paid any attention in the expanded universe of star wars where mere apprentices like TPM obi wan could move at blinding speeds let alone the more powerful people like palpatine ,nihilus and darth bane could move to a point where they were be described as "invisible" or described such that "moving so fast it appeared that time has stopped".

Oh and DO take note i'm not taking part in the versus debate, i am merely refuting your claims that "jedis cannot move at mach speeds".

Whilst that's all true, Darth Bane's the only Force User who's shown to be able to move at such speeds whilst in close combat with another Force User (and even then he only maintains it for one manoeuvre), whereas numerous FFVII characters (Sephiroth, Cloud, Vincent, and Weiss to name a few) are shown to be able to move at such speeds (where they seemingly teleport from one position to another) midway through combat.

E-Hotshot
Originally posted by Terryc250
Minerva is basically the planets power manifested in human form, Omega weapon is basically her pet, has Nihilus ever performed planet destroying feats besides force drain?

He never performs planet destroying feats, period. He destroys the inhabitants of a planet. Nowhere near as impressive, though bare in mind he does so at a weakened state.

ThoraxeRMG
he would either havbe to absorb the lifestream somehow

He could absorb it, or corrupt it using the dark side of the force.

Terryc250
Dark Nihilus can absorb lifestream? I thought he can only absorb "force" and corrupt force

Ivalice
Dark Nihilus can absorb lifestream? I thought he can only absorb "force" and corrupt force No, nihilus can't absord the life stream and sure as hell he can't absorb the force., Hell if minerva is the life stream then nihilus loses, the only one i see him beating is weiss.

But corrupt the life stream? Possible and i see it up for debate though i have no intention to.

Dark-Jaxx
I dont think Minerva can die, she is the lifestream, he would either havbe to absorb the lifestream somehow, infect it like Sephiroth, or destroy the planet.

Also i'm pretty sure regular Superman cant take on Goku, Goku is too fast and is much more of a skilled fighter, regular supes is capable of going real fast but hes never been shown to demonstrate it fight-wise; however if it was superboy/man prime, pc supes, sundipped supes, or any of those version goku would get squashed. 1. Agreed, if what is said about her is accurate, I don't see how DN can win.

2. Lulz, my ass. Goku is standing still compared to Superman in all areas, though that's a different thread.

ThoraxeRMG
Jaxx, don't turn this thread into a debate on who would win in a fight between Goku and Superman.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Jaxx, don't turn this thread into a debate on who would win in a fight between Goku and Superman. Which is why I said that's a different thread. smile

Anyways, DN kills Weiss fairly easily, but prolly loses to Minerva.

123KID
since we assume characters come with their powersets intact Nihilus kills Minerva since it's the planet and he kills planets

Terryc250
How exactly does he "kill" planets? Ive read at a few places that he drains the planet of its force, if so, that wont work on minerva since the planet/minerva does not have any force, thoughwe've never seen the powers of Minerva, she is the physical manifestation of the planet, and the judgement of the lifestream, she can create life, revive life, and can do anything the lifestream can

Ivalice
since we assume characters come with their powersets intact Nihilus kills Minerva since it's the planet and he kills planets What bullshit, since when he kills planets? He simply kills whats ON the planet.

If he could drain planets then why the hell is malachor V or yavin IV teeming with dark side energy?

Minerva takes a shit on nihilus.

Dark-Jaxx
Nihilus' only planetkilling move only affects the life on planets, not the planet itself(well, actually, it does, but does not destroy it, I think it was causing eruptions and knocking over buildings or sumthin).

DN easily kills Weiss, but can't really do anything to Minerva.

123KID
which happens to be the life of the planet
der ?
every living thing on Gaia had a part of the Lifestream in them and once its all gone Minerva loses

guh ?
he kills planets with lots of Force Sensitives
i don't think the ravaged husk of dead that was Malachor V and the old temples of Yavin count
if he wanted to absorb dark energy he just would have gone to Korriban

she never did anything except give her power to Genesis and have him get his ass kicked by ZACK

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/6753/nihiluszx9.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/Nik_TehPimpXor/Nihilus2.jpg

Terryc250
The Lifestream makes up EVERYTHING on the planet, Nihilus would have to destroy the planet

zRyKqG7YYZE

Also, the more death there is on the planet, the more powerful the lifestream becomes.

123KID
except Nihilus would be killing and taking all that energy for himself

Terryc250
Can Nihilus absorb lifestream? To the point that the planet turns into ash and breaks apart? Remember lifestream is not the same as energy, the lifestream is living and Minerva is its conscious and physical manifestation, lifestream is also untouchable and will disintigrate whatever touches it, unlike energy that Nihilus absorbs. I doubt Nihilus can absorb lifestream

MadMel
nihilus feeds on the death created when he does his thing, meaning that the lifestream gets nothing from the dead bodies..
at least that what i can gather..

Ivalice
Now, i will not insult you in this debate, do the same and i'll keep it civil.

which happens to be the life of the planet
der ?
every living thing on Gaia had a part of the Lifestream in them and once its all gone Minerva loses Dude, the scans you posted proved you wrong, every living thing on katarr.

I believe the correct term is Life ON the planet.

he kills planets with lots of Force Sensitives
O rly? Firstly you will have to prove that katarr was as deeply immersed in the dark side of the force as korriban and yavin Iv.

Have you not realised that the amount of dark side energy present in korriban was described as "incredible and VERY strong" by kreia?

And the fact that the dark side energy present in korriban is far greater than than of a few hundred jedi gathered on katarr?

So tell me, why does korriban, malachor Iv, ziost, malachor V, Lehon ALL still remain intact if nihilus could actually feed on planets?

There was a large period of time between the destruction of katarr and the time of the battle of telos IV so why the hell would he not drain those planets IF he could actually do so as you claim?

Oh right and its pretty stupid that he would go all the way to telos IV for a jedi rather than drain the incredible dark side energy present at the planets i have mentioned.

The ONLY force user whom was shown to be able to actually drain a planet is emperor palpatine.

Again Prove he drains planets

i don't think the ravaged husk of dead that was Malachor V and the old temples of Yavin count
if he wanted to absorb dark energy he just would have gone to Korriban Right and where does the dark energy derive from? The planet itself. If he could drain planets he would have drained those worlds.

Now, please specify clearly, are you trying to say he drains whats on the planet or the planet itself?

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by E-Hotshot
Whilst that's all true, Darth Bane's the only Force User who's shown to be able to move at such speeds whilst in close combat with another Force User (and even then he only maintains it for one manoeuvre), whereas numerous FFVII characters (Sephiroth, Cloud, Vincent, and Weiss to name a few) are shown to be able to move at such speeds (where they seemingly teleport from one position to another) midway through combat.

This isn't true.

To even Leia, a force user, DE Sideous and Luke were fighting faster then the eye could see the whole duel if I'm not mistaken.

Jedi certaintly aren't slow pokes.

123KID
fair enough

except Minerva gets her power FROM every living thing ON the planet
everything has some Spirit Energy and some Lifestream in their bodies naturally and upon death it returns to the Planet and Minerva
if Nihilus kills and takes all that energy Minerva has nothing

i never said it was....that was the whole point of my post was that it didn't matter of Katarr had any Dark Side energy on it

because he didn't want those worthless husks of planets
he needs life and more importantly Force Sensitive life to sustain himself

" spoke of the Jedi academy here on Telos...and my Master was forced to come here."

"If there are no Jedi here, then my Lord cannot feed his hunger. He will destroy the planet, the station... he will cleanse it of life. ...and if there are no Jedi below, he will have no other choice."

because dead husks of planets don't cut it

Dark Side energy is not living energy
Nihilus needs life to cause death and there is hardly any life on Malachor V or Korriban
there is some on Yavin IV but it's mainly all Kun's old sith monstrosities so doubt it's very filling

over a long period of time
Nihilus wiped out a planet in short order

that's totally fallacious and against everything we're told about Nihilus' hunger
you're using the fact he doesn't do something because he doesn't want ot to prove he can't and that's ridiculous

do we ever see Katarr again ?
whatever shape its in might allude to which he does it says he killed everything on Katarr but it also looks like volcanoes erupting so maybe it's more

Ivalice
fair enough

except Minerva gets her power FROM every living thing ON the planet
everything has some Spirit Energy and some Lifestream in their bodies naturally and upon death it returns to the Planet and Minerva
if Nihilus kills and takes all that energy Minerva has nothing You do know the nature of nihilus attacks right?

i never said it was....that was the whole point of my post was that it didn't matter of Katarr had any Dark Side energy on it
Your point was that he drained a planes life.

because he didn't want those worthless husks of planets
he needs life and more importantly Force Sensitive life to sustain himself Ok, and what about yavin Iv whom hosts life? What about coruscant? What about planets like naboo?

And why would he want to drain telos when half the planet is still "dead" and radioactive? Its simply because he drains whats ON the planet.

" spoke of the Jedi academy here on Telos...and my Master was forced to come here." That ALONE means he attacks force sensitives and not the planet itself.

"If there are no Jedi here, then my Lord cannot feed his hunger. He will destroy the planet, the station... he will cleanse it of life. ...and if there are no Jedi below, he will have no other choice." That does not necessarily mean he will drain the planet.

Just look at the part If there are no Jedi here, then my Lord cannot feed his hunger.

That means he can't feed his hunger if no jedi are present, that means he CANNOT drain the planet of life.

because dead husks of planets don't cut it I was under the impression you said drain planets of the force, but i was wrong.

Dark Side energy is not living energy
Nihilus needs life to cause death and there is hardly any life on Malachor V or Korriban
there is some on Yavin IV but it's mainly all Kun's old sith monstrosities so doubt it's very filling See the above posts, it has been corrected.

over a long period of time
Right and it was palpatines mere presence pn byss which was feeding on the planet hence it took a long period of time. Nihilus had to actively use the technique.

Nihilus wiped out a planet in short order
Whats to say sidious can't do the same considering his superior strength in the force?

I'm not trying to "Wank" sidious, you make it sound as if nihilus is more powerful than sidious which is clearly not the case, hence the need to argue.

do we ever see Katarr again ?
No but according to visas the planet remains in orbit and stated only the surface was damaged.

whatever shape its in might allude to which he does it says he killed everything on Katarr but it also looks like volcanoes erupting so maybe it's more And the volcanoes erupting could be mere coincidence.

Ivalice

123KID

Ivalice

123KID
okay, just a blanket response to everything you said before the quote i'll post, katarr is reportedly dead by his power
Tobin also says he will turn the planet to fire and that the station will be destroyed
so whatever happens it effects more than just the living people

because he won't let Visas die, th Exile can't be drained and the Mandalore wasn't in his presence very long

so you're telling me Palpatien just arriving on Byss turned the planet into that ?

sounds kinda like the Exar Kun makes earthquakes by walking quote

Ivalice
okay, just a blanket response to everything you said before the quote i'll post, katarr is reportedly dead by his power
Tobin also says he will turn the planet to fire and that the station will be destroyed
so whatever happens it effects more than just the living people It effects whats on the planet.... Thats the point i'm trying to make, i doubt he actually drains the planet itself(the planets core, the anatomy of the planet...)

because he won't let Visas die, th Exile can't be drained and the Mandalore wasn't in his presence very long Kreia drained the exile and knocked her out, Anyways thinking about it yes, he can do the same but over long periods of time.

so you're telling me Palpatien just arriving on Byss turned the planet into that ? Somewhat, but i made a mistake, it was over a few years.

123KID
ah fine then

okie dokie

so on the actual topic here
you see how Nihilus killing everything on the Planet will hurt Minerva right ?
because they all have Spirit Energy and Lifestream that should return to Minerva upon death but Nihilus will take it and Minerva will be ****ed

Terryc250
No.. Minerva is still Minerva.. she just doesnt get the power boost from extra lifestream returning to her, she still has the set amount of liefstream to do basically anything she wants, btw.. Nihilus cannot absorb lifestream.

SHM
From the link I posted, Minerva is similar to a Summon, but the purpose behind her actions is to follow the intentions of the Lifestream.

Maybe she is just a powerful Summon? Or maybe she is just like the "Living Tribunal" of FFVII, and can tap into the power of the entire Lifestream("The One Above All" of FFVII) if necessary, to follow the intentions of it?

Who knows?

Burning thought
lawlz at LT or TOAA of FF, yeh maybe more like a Watcher over a single planet

123KID
sure he can
it's just like the Force except less powerful
if we go on "but they can't do that because this place is different" then all sorts of character abilities and powers are screwed over
Testaments for example can't even exist in fights using that rule because there's no U.M.N. outside of Xenosaga
so we just assume their powers work even if the character they fight is from a different universe

SHM
Originally posted by Burning thought
lawlz at LT or TOAA of FF, yeh maybe more like a Watcher over a single planet

I was talking about the world of FFVII. Try paying attention next time, okay? wink

Terryc250
sure he can
it's just like the Force except less powerful
if we go on "but they can't do that because this place is different" then all sorts of character abilities and powers are screwed over
Testaments for example can't even exist in fights using that rule because there's no U.M.N. outside of Xenosaga
so we just assume their powers work even if the character they fight is from a different universe

And how exactly would Nihilus absorb the lifestream? He would be killed if he got exposed to it.. not anyone can touch lifestream, Sephiroths original body was disintegrated by the lifestream, Denzels foster mom was killed instantly when she got exposed to it.. ur thinking that lifestream is the same thing as the spirit energy nihilus is able to drain on SW planets, which it isnt.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Burning thought
lawlz at LT or TOAA of FF, yeh maybe more like a Watcher over a single planet Someone with half the power of a Watcher could solo FFVII 1,000,000 times over.

Terryc250
Umm he didn't literally mean he has the power of those beings that were mentioned, he used them as a comparison, if you go "That ant is the hercules of the ant village" it does not mean that the ant literally has the strength of hercules and can lift tons.

Dark-Jaxx
Actually, pound for pound, said ant could be as strong as Hercules. smile

Terryc250
But say an average ant can lift about a gram, but there is a special ant that can lift 10x the average ant, that ant can be said the Hercules of ants :P

Dark-Jaxx
But say an average ant can lift about a gram, but there is a special ant that can lift 10x the average ant, that ant can be said the Hercules of ants :P Indeed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.