Recommend Anything?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Healing Artisan
before Spring semester starts, i wanna watch a couple of good movies (preferbly horror) just to get my head straight. it helps, i dunno why.

any recommendations?

i'm thinking about checking out the following

The Host (i know its not horror but looks like a good scifi flick)
Devils Rejects (i thought the first was pretty good, but nothing special. not sure if i should check this out)

steverules
You should watch Halloween (1978), nightmare on elm streets, hills have eyes remake and friday the 13th part 2

MildPossession
Definitely check out The Host, and the remake of The Hills Have Eyes(don't bother with the sequel, it's a load of crap).

Ils/Them
The Descent(with the UK ending)

And check out all the other topics on stuff like this.

Healing Artisan
Originally posted by steverules
You should watch Halloween (1978), nightmare on elm streets, hills have eyes remake and friday the 13th part 2 i've seen all the classics.

Originally posted by MildPossession
Definitely check out The Host, and the remake of The Hills Have Eyes(don't bother with the sequel, it's a load of crap).

Ils/Them

And check out all the other topics on stuff like this. i didn't like the remake of Hills Have Eyes.

i'll check out The Descent.

papabeard
30 Days of Night
Planet Terror
Deathproof
New York Ripper
The Prowler
Maniac
The Burning
Scarecrows
Them
Satan
The Ordeal
Taxidermia
Behind the Mask : The Rise of Leslie Vernon
The Wicker Man (Original)

SelphieT
May
The Last Horror Movie (yes, that's what it's called)
Scanners
Hellraiser(the first, and only the first)
The Descent
Devil's Rejects
Suspiria

Healing Artisan
i've seen most of the old school ones^

i heard 30 Days of Night was pointless and i'm not really a fan of vampire movies.

steverules
Originally posted by MildPossession

Ils/Them

And check out all the other topics on stuff like this.

Whats the UK ending...is that the cliff hanger ending when she hallucinates escaping but it turns out she didn't?

Originally posted by Healing Artisan

i heard 30 Days of Night was pointless and i'm not really a fan of vampire movies.

Damn your hard to please...you've seen basically every good horror movie there is...after that there's crappy remakes and bloody sex filled films

Healing Artisan
Whats the UK ending...is that the cliff hanger ending when she hallucinates escaping but it turns out she didn't?

Damn your hard to please...you've seen basically every good horror movie there is...after that there's crappy remakes and bloody sex filled films damn sad

i'll either watch The Host, or something by Romero. love zombie films.

i'll give Land of the Dead another watch.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Healing Artisan

30 Days of Night was really good for being a modern/new horror movie. Much better than the average slashers. I think it's worth a watch. Isn't THE BEST, but it's good.

Yeah, I know you said that, but you never know if you missed a couple classics. You watch a lot of foreign extreme ones then? Like anything Italian?

Healing Artisan
Originally posted by SelphieT
30 Days of Night was really good for being a modern/new horror movie. Much better than the average slashers. I think it's worth a watch. Isn't THE BEST, but it's good.

Yeah, I know you said that, but you never know if you missed a couple classics. You watch a lot of foreign extreme ones then? Like anything Italian? somewhat. i really liked 'Devils Backbone'.

steverules
I liked demons and I know thats a foreign film

Healing Artisan
I liked demons and I know thats a foreign film yea thats y i mentioned Devils Backbone. incredible film. enjoyed it from start to finish.

ragesRemorse
Angel Heart
Rabid
Blair witch 2
Exorcist the beginning (renny harlin cut)
Eyes without a face.
Fallen

I would definitely check out the host. Not sure if it was so different because i was in the theater, but it was some of the most fun i had going to the movies last year.

The Devils Rejects is a really good movie for its twisted and masochistic characters, but the movie can wear thin from its weak story. You know just by hearing the concept and seeing the trailer, right away, if this movie appeals to you.

Impediment
How many times will we do this? I should just combine all 50 of the "What horror movies do you recommend?" threads and tag it.

Healing Artisan
Originally posted by Impediment
How many times will we do this? I should just combine all 50 of the "What horror movies do you recommend?" threads and tag it. if its bothering you that much, then do it. whats Backfire's say on this?

Micheal_Myers
Eraserhead
Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
Dead Alive ( Its kinda a comedy I think, but its a zombie flick soo...yeah...)
Ju-On:The Curse 1 & 2 (These two are the original Japanese low budget straight to video releases of The Grudge)
Ju-On-The Grudge 1 & 2 (Way better than the American versions.)

Healing Artisan
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Eraserhead
Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
Dead Alive ( Its kinda a comedy I think, but its a zombie flick soo...yeah...)
Ju-On:The Curse 1 & 2 (These two are the original Japanese low budget straight to video releases of The Grudge)
Ju-On-The Grudge 1 & 2 (Way better than the American versions.) seen the japanese originals. saw Dead Alive. Saw Eraserhead.

I'll look into Behind the Mask.

faithxp
What is all about Devils Backbone., I want to know more on that film.,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.