Abomination vs Sasquatch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Fight in North BC.

Who wins?

Lumby
i think this has been done at least 17 times. Sasquatch wins

Endrict Nuul
I looked for it and couldnt fine it....

Papa Smurph
If this is classic x2 Hulk Abom he slaughters Sasquatch

Knowsbleed33
Abomination would destroy Sasquatch.

jrodslam
Sassy wins.

Clobberin Time!
Abomination would destroy Sasquatch. Sasquatch has some pretty low showings as of late.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Clobberin Time!
Abomination would destroy Sasquatch. Sasquatch has some pretty low showings as of late.

and the Abomination hasn't? errr?

Clobberin Time!
Originally posted by King_Mungi
and the Abomination hasn't? errr? I don't know. What are his recent showings?

Priest
I don't know. What are his recent showings?
Getting killed by Red Hulk w/ a pimp gun herbhappy

Faceman
I don't know. What are his recent showings?

Getting his face smashed in by Colossus , off panel.

King_Mungi
Also just recently getting one shotted by Hercules with a lamp post

Clobberin Time!
Also just recently getting one shotted by Hercules with a lamp post Yea....that is pretty sad. Still Sasquatch was put on his face with a scoop shovel iirc.

Clobberin Time!
Originally posted by Faceman
Getting his face smashed in by Colossus , off panel. Yea, right. Scans?

King_Mungi
Yea....that is pretty sad. Still Sasquatch was put on his face with a scoop shovel iirc.

Errr...not really

Yea, right. Scans?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusvsAbomination3.jpg

Faceman
Thanks Mungi, I was going threw Hell trying to find that scan...

Mr. Slippyfist
Abom was also one punched by Thor...

Clobberin Time!
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Abom was also one punched by Thor... When?

Mr. Slippyfist
When? A while ago.

CaptainStoic
When did Dr. Walter Langkowski change from this:
"Strength Level: As Sasquatch, Langkowski possesses vast, superhuman strength. Sasquatch could lift (press) about 70 tons. As Box Langkowski could lift (press) roughly 85 tons".

To becoming class 100?

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
When did Dr. Walter Langkowski change from this:
"Strength Level: As Sasquatch, Langkowski possesses vast, superhuman strength. Sasquatch could lift (press) about 70 tons. As Box Langkowski could lift (press) roughly 85 tons".

To becoming class 100? His first appearance I believe...

And as soon as you read that bio...

Lumby
nonsense Sas is quite easily class 100

Faceman
His first appearance I believe...

laughing

Knowsbleed33
They're all bricks. Abom has been able to give Hulk problems in the past. Sasquatch has NEVER been a problem for the Hulk. Abomination would win this convincingly.

King_Mungi
In Sasquatch first apperance he tossed a 250 ton DC-10 1000 feet with ease. He can also increase his strength via rage or pain thanks to Tanaraq

Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
They're all bricks. Abom has been able to give Hulk problems in the past. Sasquatch has NEVER been a problem for the Hulk. Abomination would win this convincingly.

Errr...yeah he did, and that was a Walter who didn't even want to fight and felt guilty.

Knowsbleed33
Depowered Juggernaut was able to hang with Walter in Hulkbuster armor. I think Emil would have an easier time.

King_Mungi
Depowered Juggernaut was able to hang with Walter in Hulkbuster armor. I think Emil would have an easier time.

Firstly as noted by Northstar the fight was literally a minute, and Sas had him down and was about to finish him till Guardian and Vindicator told him to stop, which allowed Jugz to hit him away temporally.

Knowsbleed33
Ehhh the point still stands. Walter in HB armor should've been able to pwn a Depowered Juggs.

Mr. Slippyfist
He did...

He made him have hamburger all over his face.

King_Mungi
Ehhh the point still stands. Walter in HB armor should've been able to pwn a Depowered Juggs.

He did, as without the armor he did this to Jugz face

1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/p36.jpg
2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/p38.jpg

CaptainStoic
His first appearance I believe...

Ok more to the point then. What makes you believe that Sasquatch has the power to beat Abomb.? Abomination could throw a DC-10 as well. Comics has Abomination jobbing just like they had Wendigo job to Feral of all characters. I wasn't trying to seem out of touch, but on KMC we match power for power, because if we went with what happens strictly in a Comic Spiderman would be able to defeat Terrax in a slug fest.

King_Mungi
because he has matched class 100 characters before in the past, and has done many high tier strength feats

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Hulk_Annual_1979_008_11.jpg

It was said Sasquatch possesses "almost limitless strength" and he has "second strongest legs on the face of the Earth"

Mr. Slippyfist
Ok more to the point then. What makes you believe that Sasquatch has the power to beat Abomb.? Abomination could throw a DC-10 as well. Comics has Abomination jobbing just like they had Wendigo job to Feral of all characters. I wasn't trying to seem out of touch, but on KMC we match power for power, because if we went with what happens strictly in a Comic Spiderman would be able to defeat Terrax in a slug fest. I didn't say who would win in this fight...

Um... so, we don't go by what comics say? Huh?

Also, Comic Spider-Man has been outmatched numerous times... no way he's standing up to Terrax, when he had to result to cheap tricks to beat a holding back Firelord (and pis).

CaptainStoic
I didn't say who would win in this fight...

Um... so, we don't go by what comics say? Huh?

Also, Comic Spider-Man has been outmatched numerous times... no way he's standing up to Terrax, when he had to result to cheap tricks to beat a holding back Firelord (and pis).

That was my point.

Mr. Slippyfist
That was my point. That plot stupidity was involved? And some bad writing?

Also, a pure slug fest doesn't involved getting people to get hit with gas stations... so I don't see the point in your comparison...

CaptainStoic
I'm not really familiar with Sasquatch but I did seen him fight The Thing a very long time aga, and read him complaining about The Things savage fists and how they hurt.

CaptainStoic
That plot stupidity was involved? And some bad writing?

Also, a pure slug fest doesn't involved getting people to get hit with gas stations... so I don't see the point in your comparison...

It wasn't the gas station that put Firelord down, it was Spiderman wailing on him that did.

King_Mungi
I'm not really familiar with Sasquatch but I did seen him fight The Thing a very long time aga, and read him complaining about The Things savage fists and how they hurt.

At the start Sas was toying with Thing, and commented multiple times he didn't want to fight. Also not once did he make reference to Thing having "savage fists", however, the last blow Thing hit him with DID hurt though.

Still doesn't take away anything from Sasquatch as Thing's blows have hurt Hulk

CaptainStoic
At the start Sas was toying with Thing, and commented multiple times he didn't want to fight. Also not once did he make reference to Thing having "savage fists", however, the last blow Thing hit him with DID hurt though.

Still doesn't take away anything from Sasquatch as Thing's blows have hurt Hulk

So in your honest opinion could Sasquatch match up well to guys like Maxam, Thor, Hercules, Juggernaut (Fully empowered), WWHulk, Gladiator, Sentry? Is he on the level, or would someone like Wonderman or Namor give him big problems if they were to throw everything that they had at him?

Clobberin Time!
Firstly as noted by Northstar the fight was literally a minute, and Sas had him down and was about to finish him till Guardian and Vindicator told him to stop, which allowed Jugz to hit him away temporally. True, but Juggernaut wasn't fighting back at that point. Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
They're all bricks. Abom has been able to give Hulk problems in the past. Sasquatch has NEVER been a problem for the Hulk. Abomination would win this convincingly. I agree with this.

juggernaut74
Abomination should win. He's a Hulk level character.

Sasquatch had had problems with depowered Juggy. The first time Walter was defeated before Earthmover was ordered to interfere. The second, Walter while wearing Hulk-buster armor attacked a Juggernaut who at that point didn't want to fight and still was not kayoed after repeated blows by Sasquatch(with Hulk-buster armor).

golem370
I no bio's don't always count but Abomination was class 100 strength and had Demi-Godlike durability equal to that of Hulk in his bio but He also has Demi-Godlike Stamina which was better then Hulks stamina in his bio. Juggernaut was winning I would say that Sasquatch's healing factor was keeping him from falling.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by golem370
Juggernaut was winning I would say that Sasquatch's healing factor was keeping him from falling. I agree. Juggernaut knocked Sasquatch down twice. Sasquatch couldn't knock Juggy down and he was using trees. Unless you count that first blow when they collided but they both were knocked down but Juggy was on his feet first. And even then Sasquatch was telling Juggy to hold up a minute.

Sure Juggy had some bruises but he don't have hair covering his face like Sasquatch does. Saquatch did have blood pouring out of his mouth though.

golem370
I told Mungi that everytime Juggernaut hit Sasquatch he looked like he was struck by lighting

King_Mungi
True, but Juggernaut wasn't fighting back at that point. I agree with this.

That actually was the second time Guardian/Vindciator told them him to stop

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Abomination should win. He's a Hulk level character.

Sasquatch had had problems with depowered Juggy. The first time Walter was defeated before Earthmover was ordered to interfere. The second, Walter while wearing Hulk-buster armor attacked a Juggernaut who at that point didn't want to fight and still was not kayoed after repeated blows by Sasquatch(with Hulk-buster armor).

No he wasn't, Sasquatch hit the biggest hit in the fight causing that huge earthquake. Both are bleeding, and Walter tells Jugz to hold up and then Jugz hits him away. Shortly after they went blow for blow, and Jugz looked far worse in the end

I no bio's don't always count but Abomination was class 100 strength and had Demi-Godlike durability equal to that of Hulk in his bio but He also has Demi-Godlike Stamina which was better then Hulks stamina in his bio. Juggernaut was winning I would say that Sasquatch's healing factor was keeping him from falling.

Classic Abom definetly wins this, but currently Abom has been on a losing slope. He to can increase his strength via fear, but that was ignored for years

I agree. Juggernaut knocked Sasquatch down twice. Sasquatch couldn't knock Juggy down and he was using trees. Unless you count that first blow when they collided but they both were knocked down but Juggy was on his feet first. And even then Sasquatch was telling Juggy to hold up a minute.

Sure Juggy had some bruises but he don't have hair covering his face like Sasquatch does. Saquatch did have blood pouring out of his mouth though.

Knocked down? ZOMG...he got right back up and was none the worse for wear. At the start of the fight, Walter was cocky as shown with the interaction with Guardian and when he came back he was pissed and they went shot for shot.

Except in the past Sasquatch has shown burises on his face before erm Yeah he did, and from his attack...which is all sorts of stupid unless it was the shockwave that did it.

I told Mungi that everytime Juggernaut hit Sasquatch he looked like he was struck by lighting

Yet Sas has taken hits from Thor, Hercules and Hulk and didn't look like he got struck by lightening

juggernaut74
When did Sasquatch fight Thor?

King_Mungi
So in your honest opinion could Sasquatch match up well to guys like Maxam, Thor, Hercules, Juggernaut (Fully empowered), WWHulk, Gladiator, Sentry? Is he on the level, or would someone like Wonderman or Namor give him big problems if they were to throw everything that they had at him?

Sorry missed this post, and yes to everyone except WWH, Juggernaut and most likely Sentry, but he has done very well against some of the others in the past. However, a Thor using all his abilities rather then slugging it out would beat Sas, or if Sas fought Namor in the water, he would lose. If we go by a physically stand-point he is one of the elite.

When did Sasquatch fight Thor?

Moon Knight , but we only saw a few panels of it and it was broken up by the hydrogen bomb

juggernaut74
Sorry missed this post, and yes to everyone except WWH, Juggernaut and most likely Sentry, but he has done very well against some of the others in the past. However, a Thor using all his abilities rather then slugging it out would beat Sas, or if Sas fought Namor in the water, he would lose. If we go by a physically stand-point he is one of the elite.

Moon Knight , but we only saw a few panels of it and it was broken up by the hydrogen bomb Got scans of that fight? I didn't see that.

King_Mungi
Got scans of that fight? I didn't see that.

Thus far I only have one part of the fight scanned, as it was for the Moon Knight respect thread.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg236/MoonKnight616/marcspectormoonknightv3_041_07.jpg

Once I get my regular comp back I'll be adding the rest in Sasquatch respect thread. Really wasn't much to it, just a few panels as they wern't the focus of the book. It was also shown in another tie-in, but the panel is of them about to hit each other

juggernaut74
Thus far I only have one part of the fight scanned, as it was for the Moon Knight respect thread.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg236/MoonKnight616/marcspectormoonknightv3_041_07.jpg

Once I get my regular comp back I'll be adding the rest in Sasquatch respect thread. Really wasn't much to it, just a few panels as they wern't the focus of the book. It was also shown in another tie-in, but the panel is of them about to hit each other What other issue were parts of the fight shown in? I have most of IW I think.

King_Mungi
What other issue were parts of the fight shown in? I have most of IW I think.

If I had my comp I could tell you the exact issue, but I believe it was a New Warriors tie-in. Don't quote me on that though.

Mindset
Wait, you think Sentry and WWH are out of Sasquatch's league, but Gladiator and Thor aren't?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Mindset
Wait, you think Sentry and WWH are out of Sasquatch's league, but Gladiator and Thor aren't?

If Gladiator fights smart he could win, but teenage Colossus has shown to go toe to toe with Gladiator in the past. If Glad uses his speed, range attacks he definetly can take the majority. Actually I said if Thor uses his powers Sas is toast. If it was merely a purely physical fight he could hang for abit.

Also I said Sentry merely because of his million exploding sun city block attack, as I have my doubts Sas could take that. WWH is as noted by the creator to even be above current Thor as crazy as that sounds and no one physically bested him.

juggernaut74
If I had my comp I could tell you the exact issue, but I believe it was a New Warriors tie-in. Don't quote me on that though. I just checked. I didn't see it in NW #27. Oh well, he did take a punch from Thor.

King_Mungi
I just checked. I didn't see it in NW #27. Oh well, he did take a punch from Thor.

There wasn't much to the fight in the other comics it just showed them about to hit each other, but not actuallu connecting. There maybe more to the fight, but I havn't read it.

juggernaut74
There wasn't much to the fight in the other comics it just showed them about to hit each other, but not actuallu connecting. There maybe more to the fight, but I havn't read it. Well he did take a punch from Thor and wasn't kayoed during the fight. So that's respect thread worthy.

Knowsbleed33
He did, as without the armor he did this to Jugz face

1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/p36.jpg
2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/p38.jpg

That's far from a pwn job bro. This is depowered Juggs we're talking about. If he was outclassed by a full power Sasquatch he should've come out of that fight with more than just a fat lip and his eyes puffed up.

King_Mungi
That's far from a pwn job bro. This is depowered Juggs we're talking about. If he was outclassed by a full power Sasquatch he should've come out of that fight with more than just a fat lip and his eyes puffed up.

Of course it wasn't as they wern't even close to finishing their fight as Squid Boy asked Jugz to stop. However, as short as the fight was, Walter made Jugz pay. Also to note Sasquatch is the Canadian Hulk, he can become stronger via rage or pain. He was far from being outclassed here. Look at Sasquatch other battles with other class 100 brutes, he really is being underated here.

jrodslam
I agree with Mungi. It was a good fight and Sassy didnt seem outclassed at all. I give sassy props for even coming back after the initial hit. Ouch.

Knowsbleed33
Of course it wasn't as they wern't even close to finishing their fight as Squid Boy asked Jugz to stop. However, as short as the fight was, Walter made Jugz pay. Also to note Sasquatch is the Canadian Hulk, he can become stronger via rage or pain. He was far from being outclassed here. Look at Sasquatch other battles with other class 100 brutes, he really is being underated here.

I agree with your assessment of Sasquatch. I like him and he gets very little respect. He needs to go out on his own I think.

King_Mungi
I agree with your assessment of Sasquatch. I like him and he gets very little respect. He needs to go out on his own I think.

There's actually talks of giving Sasquatch an on-going or at least a mini currently. So we shall see, but not sure how that would work.

Knowsbleed33
Also to note Sasquatch is the Canadian Hulk, he can become stronger via rage or pain.

I have one question about this. Where does it say he can increase his strength through pain or rage? I've never heard that about Sasquatch.

King_Mungi
I have one question about this. Where does it say he can increase his strength through pain or rage? I've never heard that about Sasquatch.

Basically anything that weakens his soul the Elder God Tanaraq slowly takes over giving him a massive boost in power

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/A_Flight2/AlphaFlight23-17.jpg

Sasquatch admiting he holds back his strength due to fear of losing control to Tanaraq

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/AlphaFlight12-29.jpg

Knowsbleed33
Basically anything that weakens his soul the Elder God Tanaraq slowly takes over giving him a massive boost in power

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/A_Flight2/AlphaFlight23-17.jpg

Sasquatch admiting he holds back his strength due to fear of losing control to Tanaraq

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/AlphaFlight12-29.jpg

Ok, so it's not a direct connection to his emotional state but whatever weakens his control over Tanaraq?

King_Mungi
Ok, so it's not a direct connection to his emotional state but whatever weakens his control over Tanaraq?

Yeah it doesn't technically have to be his emotional state, but anything that can weaken Walter's soul ie. willpower.

Pain and rage have shown in the past to allow Tanaraq to give him a boost.

Knowsbleed33
How powerful is Tanaraq? Forgive my ignorace. I've never delved too deeply into the Sasquatch character.

CaptainStoic
Was the Tanaraq that appeared in the Exiles, roughly as powerful as the one in 616 continuity?

King_Mungi
Tanaraq (Exiles):
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Tanaraq_%28Exiles%29

Tanaraq (616):
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Tanaraq

How powerful is Tanaraq? Forgive my ignorace. I've never delved too deeply into the Sasquatch character.

Very powerful, he is an Elder God and one of the Great Beast who were the personification of death on Earth when it was first commencing alive.

Here's a respect thread for the Great Beasts:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t444573.html

Sasquatch respect thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t465150.html

Was the Tanaraq that appeared in the Exiles, roughly as powerful as the one in 616 continuity?

No, I would say inferior. As in Omega Flight Tanaraq boosted the Wrecking crew where they each had the power to destroy the planet. He also had control over Surtur's demon army and also showed he can cast illusions, attack a persons soul and body merely just looking at you, can grow hundreds of feet tall, could control death and decay, etc.

Exiles Tanaraq was strong, but 616 Tanaraq has shown to be better

Knowsbleed33
I've read differing opinions on Sasquatch's strength, I've seen class 80-100. Is he class 100+ nowadays?

King_Mungi
I've read differing opinions on Sasquatch's strength, I've seen class 80-100. Is he class 100+ nowadays?

Handbooks have listed him at class 70, which is a rather large error. He is a class 100 character and has many feats to back it up. Apparently his strength stat might be corrected in the A-Z handbook updates when it's released in hardcover

In his first appearance he threw a 250 ton DC-10 1000 feet in reverse, crashing into a building even while the engines were still. The engines were stated to produce 150,000 pounds of thrust.

1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Sasplane1.jpg
2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/UncannyX-Men120b.jpg

Knowsbleed33
Didn't he also lift a Naval Destroyer out of the water?

King_Mungi

Knowsbleed33
Thanks for the info bro. I'll look over your Respect thread when I need more info on Sasquatch. I think he needs his own book.

shksprtx

I'm with Mungi. Handbooks are notorious for misrepresenting characters' power levels, and this is one of those cases. Sasquatch has consistently been shown on-panel to have at least Class 100 strength, despite handbook ratings.

He even notes at one point (because Langowski has inhabited both Sasquatch and the Class 85 Box armor) that, and I'm paraphrasing here, the Box armor is nowhere near the might of Sasquatch.

I'm really hoping that a corrected handbook entry will help disabuse people of the notion that Sasquatch is less than a top-tier brick.

Also, his more recent low showings are reflective, I think, of the fact that recent writers have either made him weaker through CIS or through being more familiar with his handbook entries than with his actual on-panel feats.

I still, for instance, disagree with the ease with which the Wrecking Crew KO'd him in Omega Flight #1/2, but a) it had to happen that way so that the Crew could meet Tanaraq and, ultimately, get BRB involved, and b) the Crew was (seemingly) unknowingly amped at the time of the fight, soo...

I think Sas could definitely hold his own physically against Blonsky, and I also think that Walter would either out-smart or out-wit Blonsky as well...

King_Mungi
Originally posted by shksprtx
He even notes at one point (because Langowski has inhabited both Sasquatch and the Class 85 Box armor) that, and I'm paraphrasing here, the Box armor is nowhere near the might of Sasquatch.

Yep,

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight45-19.jpg

I'm really hoping that a corrected handbook entry will help disabuse people of the notion that Sasquatch is less than a top-tier brick.

Unknown if it will happen for sure, but one of the writers of the handbook Stuart Vandaul said he will be updating and correcting all entries. So maybe we will see a correction

I still, for instance, disagree with the ease with which the Wrecking Crew KO'd him in Omega Flight #1/2, but a) it had to happen that way so that the Crew could meet Tanaraq and, ultimately, get BRB involved, and b) the Crew was (seemingly) unknowingly amped at the time of the fight, soo...

He also had a nervous breakdown during the fight having a flashback of Alpha Flight being killed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.