Onslaught vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
So both are af full power and at there strongest, who takes it?

Priest
Odin

LORD B
been done many times,use the search
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults& amp;q=title%3A%28odin+vs+onslaught%29+forumid%3A77
&showposts=0

Utrigita
If this is On Panel Shown Onslaught, Odin wins and easy.

If this is the Theory Onslaught then Onslaught wins.

llagrok
Originally posted by Utrigita
If this is On Panel Shown Onslaught, Odin wins and easy.

If this is the Theory Onslaught then Onslaught wins.

Well, in theory, Odin was omniscient :P

Martian_mind
Originally posted by llagrok

So,he'd be able to know his ass is gonna get kicked?

Handy stick out tongue

Utrigita

really since when stick out tongue

llagrok
really since when stick out tongue

Since Stan Lee referred to him as Omniscient.

janus77
Onslaught.
he was described as being like The Celestials.

and Odin's nothing to beings of that scale.

Estacado
ha-son

Alucard25
Odin,for all of Onslaughts supposed potential he never did anything even remotely close to Celestial level or even Odin level for that matter.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Estacado
ha-son

ha-son

Originally posted by Alucard25
Odin,for all of Onslaughts supposed potential he never did anything even remotely close to Celestial level or even Odin level for that matter.

Onslaught reminds me of Sentry, in the sense that hes supposed to be really ****ing powerful but lacks suffiecient feats to truly back it up.

Originally posted by janus77
Onslaught.
he was described as being like The Celestials.

and Odin's nothing to beings of that scale.

Apparently there is a scan in an Odin respect thread that says Odin and Galactus are rivals in power.....personally the Celestials do get stroked quite a bit though.

Utrigita
Since Stan Lee referred to him as Omniscient.

When confused

janus77
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
ha-son

Onslaught reminds me of Sentry, in the sense that hes supposed to be really ****ing powerful but lacks suffiecient feats to truly back it up.

Apparently there is a scan in an Odin respect thread that says Odin and Galactus are rivals in power.....personally the Celestials do get stroked quite a bit though.
dunno about Odin having been the equal of a normal Galactus, I doubt it but, he definitely does seem to have been significantly depowered over time.

there's also some pretty strong evidence of how utterly insignificant he is in comparison to Celestials, which is where I was going with the Onslaught thing. Onslaught was stated to be at Celestial levels. and he did pretty much pawn everybody on Marvel Earth.

of course it makes absolutely no sense that a creature born of the mental powers of Magneto and Xavier should even remotely come to resemble a Celestial in power but ... that's how it rolls in the mutagenetic world no expression with their Omega mutants and god knows what other wank stuff ...

Utrigita
It was when he had absorbed nate Grey and Franklin Richards that the assesment that he might Rival a Celestial can be made. And It was never stated in Comic (not that I know of at least) that Onslaught should be near a Celestial in power terms.

janus77
yeah, it was in one of the Onslaught Saga comics. I read it and thought it a bunch of toss, but then they had Apocalypse, the Phoenix Avatar and others basically wary of Onslaught which sort of makes you realise that they are serious and not just 'blowing smoke'.

I would also suggest his taking over of Franklin is a feat demonstrative of such potential... Ashema did treat Franklin like he was a child but still, a child Celestial.

Phantom Zone
yeah, it was in one of the Onslaught Saga comics. I read it and thought it a bunch of toss, but then they had Apocalypse, the Phoenix Avatar and others basically wary of Onslaught which sort of makes you realise that they are serious and not just 'blowing smoke'.

....bah!

I would also suggest his taking over of Franklin is a feat demonstrative of such potential... Ashema did treat Franklin like he was a child but still, a child Celestial.

Well if Franklin is so powerful how did he get assimilated? erm

janus77
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
....bah!

Well if Franklin is so powerful how did he get assimilated? erm
the fact of his power cannot be disputed, he created a blummin' pocket universe, the Celestials paid him (qualified) props!
he's got the power. just that Onslaught had more no expression.

basically, he's like a learner Celestial... got powers but not the wisdom nor the fullest access... which is why Ashema had to revive him, when he died.

Onslaught was more powerful than him, but I doubt Onslaught would have a chance against a grown up Celestial.

Phantom Zone
the fact of his power cannot be disputed, he created a blummin' pocket universe, the Celestials paid him (qualified) props!
he's got the power. just that Onslaught had more no expression.

basically, he's like a learner Celestial... got powers but not the wisdom nor the fullest access... which is why Ashema had to revive him, when he died.

Onslaught was more powerful than him, but I doubt Onslaught would have a chance against a grown up Celestial.

I dunno man Mags + Xavier > Child Celestial ...... I guess so I mean Magnetos powers can actually decrease the effects of psionic powers so when you think about it the master of magentism + the worlds most powerful telepath = bad ****ing news...

Wait a minute who did they assimilate first...Nate or Franklin?

janus77
I think it was Nate first, I can't remember. not a fan of X-men-y stuff, only read it for the Celestials and the big fights. iirc, Nate was the one Onslaught was after, to boost his powers even more.

Magneto's awesome, one of my favourite characters in comics but, nah Onslaught makes no sense to me whatsoever. though in terms of sheer absurdity, it's still a lot less nonsensical than some things.

iirc, the comics say Onslaught was the pent up frustrations and anger of Xavier, mixed with the malign and evil side of Magneto, that it was principally Xavier's powers but their combined dark-sides...

llagrok
When confused

As the narrator, in plenty of old Thor comics.

Dark-Jaxx
Onslaught fought against Hulk and lived, he wins. dur

For real though, based on what he SHOULD have been, Onslaught would win, but on what he has shown, Odin wins.

Utrigita
As the narrator, in plenty of old Thor comics.

Do you have a scan because if that's the case I'm finding it odd thats there is no scan of such a statement in his respect thread. Not saying you isn't right just finding it strange.

guy222
Odin

quanchi112
Odin wins.

Knowsbleed33
Odin.

Priest
Odin easily.

id369

Lord S
All Father

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Onslaught fought against Hulk and lived, he wins. dur

For real though, based on what he SHOULD have been, Onslaught would win, but on what he has shown, Odin wins.

This

monaroCountry

id369

Knowsbleed33
Odins feats>>>>>>Onslaughts.

guy222
Odin FTW

monaroCountry
Originally posted by id369

Oh great, fantastic. I stand corrected, he brings wreckage to the universe from siphoning the collective energy of every living creature.

Pretty much!!!

Think of the MU as a living entity. Just looking at Xaviers battle with the Shadow King you see that whtever happens in the astral plane also has an affect in the physical plane. For example killing someone in the astral plane would also kill then in the physical plane.

Franklin Richards powers is basically similar to X-Man in that both are thought based. Franklin thinks of something and reforms reality, Nate thinks of something as creates it as reality. As previously stated both astral plane and the physical plane are closely intertwined, they are the two sides of the same coin.

What are you talking about? There are several passages in the Onslaught saga which points out to Onslaught reconstructing the Universe.

Who cares about both Franklin and Xman resisting Onslaught. In the end Onlsaught was able to morph into his final form. Onslaught did have access and did acquire the full potential, not only that but he had a far greater control and command over those powers than both Xman and Franklin.

Ill scan something to prove my point later.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Odins feats>>>>>>Onslaughts.

Lord S
Originally posted by id369
I need you to stop for a minute and just think before you make comments. I'm afraid that's impossible for him.

This is the same guy who thinks Magneto>Power Cosmic.

Odin would show Onslaught the true definition of power.

monaroCountry
Originally posted by Lord S
I'm afraid that's impossible for him.

This is the same guy who thinks Magneto>Power Cosmic.

Odin would show Onslaught the true definition of power.

How would he do that? by slapping Onslaught with his oversized sword? What happens when Onslaught turns into pure energy, when he no longer has a physical form to batter and cut?

Ive show a scan before of Dr Strange and Beast explaining why Magnetos power is basically a cosmic force. Scientifically magnetism and gravity is a foundation cosmic force............like before I asked why on what basis power cosmic is a cosmic force - scientifically. Please provide and answer to this!!!!!!

ultimatethor
Odin beats onslaught whether in energy form or physical form.

llagrok
Originally posted by monaroCountry
How would he do that? by slapping Onslaught with his oversized sword? What happens when Onslaught turns into pure energy, when he no longer has a physical form to batter and cut?

It's possible to reanimate bodies with the odinforce, as Thor did so and admitted he wasn't close to Odin's level. Onslaught can easily be absorbed in his "invulnerable" form. The avengers did it with little trouble.

Onslaught won't do jack with telepathy, he hasn't shown impressive enough energy to even phase Odin. The only difference is that Odin could simply throw Onslaught back in time.

Starscream M
It's possible to reanimate bodies with the odinforce, as Thor did so and admitted he wasn't close to Odin's level. Onslaught can easily be absorbed in his "invulnerable" form. The avengers did it with little trouble.

Onslaught won't do jack with telepathy, he hasn't shown impressive enough energy to even phase Odin. The only difference is that Odin could simply throw Onslaught back in time. Onslaught b1tched Juggernaut...basically turned him into the pansy that he is today.

thats a pretty impressive feat.

llagrok
Originally posted by Starscream M
Onslaught b1tched Juggernaut...basically turned him into the pansy that he is today.

thats a pretty impressive feat.

That's not what caused Juggernaut's loss of power.....

Starscream M
That's not what caused Juggernaut's loss of power..... what Onslaught did to him pretty much set him down that path though

vansonbee
Onslaught mind rapes Odin, and why not? Xavier is inside of Onslaught. laughing out loud

Lord S

Ive show a scan before of Dr Strange and Beast explaining why Magnetos power is basically a cosmic force. Scientifically magnetism and gravity is a foundation cosmic force............like before I asked why on what basis power cosmic is a cosmic force - scientifically. Please provide and answer to this!!!!!! I see...and I suppose Dr. Strange and Beast have studied the Power Cosmic as well. Power Cosmic is not only about synthesizing cosmic energy...it involves the ability to manipulate and transmute matter on unimaginable scales...and that's only scratching the surface. Has Magneto ever done anything close to that? That type of power is way beyond his thinking, let alone his physical capacity. Power Cosmic is not simple cosmic force...and only a simpleton would think otherwise.

Anyway, this is a debate for another thread.

llagrok
what Onslaught did to him pretty much set him down that path though

No, not really....

Originally posted by vansonbee
Onslaught mind rapes Odin, and why not? Xavier is inside of Onslaught. laughing out loud

Yeah, it's not like Odin has incredible Telepathy or anything.... Like capable of something neither Thanos, Dr.Strange or the Surfer could. No...not at all laughing out loud

monaroCountry
Odin hasnt showed any hard core psionic powers.................easy picking for Onslaught. Odin also wields a metalic/rock based weapons, again easy picking for Onslaught.

vansonbee
No, not really....

Yeah, it's not like Odin has incredible Telepathy or anything.... Like capable of something neither Thanos, Dr.Strange or the Surfer could. No...not at all laughing out loud
lolz. pft Thanks for agreeing evil face

llagrok
Odin hasnt showed any hard core psionic powers.................easy picking for Onslaught. Odin also wields a metalic/rock based weapons, again easy picking for Onslaught.

He was able to cure Thor of warrior madness.

Surfer, Strange, Warlock and Thanos were all incapable of this.

monaroCountry
He was able to cure Thor of warrior madness.

Surfer, Strange, Warlock and Thanos were all incapable of this.

Oh wow thats some great psionic powers right there......NOT!!!!!

Talking from father to son would have done the same thing. This does not constitute uber psionic powers.

has Odin ever created a sun or a being by thinking it? has Odin even attacked anyone or used the astral plane in a major way?

Finally if Odin is so powerful then why does he need to wield a silly weapon i.e. that huge sword.

Lord S
Oh wow thats some great psionic powers right there......NOT!!!!!

Talking from father to son would have done the same thing. This does not constitute uber psionic powers.

has Odin ever created a sun or a being by thinking it? has Odin even attacked anyone or used the astral plane in a major way?

Finally if Odin is so powerful then why does he need to wield a silly weapon i.e. that huge sword. You are so ignorant it's not funny...

Odin's curing of Thor was done on the astral plane...have you even read the issue?

monaroCountry
Originally posted by Lord S
You are so ignorant it's not funny...

Odin's curing of Thor was done on the astral plane...have you even read the issue?

Well im sorry if Oin and his wanna be group of godlings isnt popular enough to be a feature in todays comic stand, why dont you show me the scan then before sprouting off anything.

So again my original statement stands, has Odin used the astral plane in a major way and has he shown the same level of ability over creation/astral plane as Onslught?

Lord S
Well im sorry if Oin and his wanna be group of godlings isnt popular enough to be a feature in todays comic stand, why dont you show me the scan then before sprouting off anything.

So again my original statement stands, has Odin used the astral plane in a major way and has he shown the same level of ability over creation/astral plane as Onslught? LOL...what rubbish. I suppose Onslaught is making headlines on todays comic stand, right?

BTW, Thor is a top ten selling book right now...so the 'wannabe gods' are doing alright.

Estacado
Onslaught b1tched Juggernaut...basically turned him into the pansy that he is today.

WTF are you talking about?
Onslaught had nothing to do with Cain's depowering.....

Endrict Nuul
what Onslaught did to him pretty much set him down that path though

WTF??? lay of the drugs M.....Oh, wait nvm, you are most of the time like this.

llagrok
Starscream goes dooooown

leonidas
http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorann2286jp.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thorann2292mj.jpg

odin wins.

zeel
Odin uses onslaught as toilet paper.

beast1234
even if onslaught is more powerful he still not going to beat a being who has near infinite wisdom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.