King Of Fighters XII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
DISCUSS?

*videos to be uploaded soon*

SaTsuJiN
lolwut?

CjScFUY1uLU

I'm not impressed, tbh... maybe the footage is just shitty

Lazy MFer
Has this game come out in the US yet?

ESB -1138
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lolwut?

CjScFUY1uLU

I'm not impressed, tbh... maybe the footage is just shitty

...have they ever updated the graphics?

Sado22
are you people apeshit?! mad
look at the graphics half way in the middle and see how smooth and improved it is. or maybe its just "oh no, it looks better than SF4 so lets just flame it" SF fanboy mentality.

cuz honestly, the game looks badass so far. the graphics are better, larger, smoother and better than every before, the ki look great and like real flames and they haven't slowed it down.

great graphic rehaul, and still loyal to their style. unlike SF4 which removes the parry system...........the one thing that made it relatively fresh compared to its other incarnations. and they all look buttugly.

KoFXII has lifted my hopes for this years fighting games. SF4 was a big disappointment. Tekken6 looks great but the wait is killing me. KoFXII now, has finally made it worth waiting and buying a PS3.

~Sado

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Sado22
or maybe its just "oh no, it looks better than SF4 so lets just flame it" SF fanboy mentality.

Yep. Thats me in a nutshell... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I dont compare 2d to 3d...

if we're talking about where this games graphics stand as a 2d fighter, BlazBlue curbstomps this game by a landslide

am I relieved they didnt use the same goddamn sprites they been whoring for the past 10 years?... of course

it just feels like 10 years too late lol

SaTsuJiN
http://the-magicbox.com/0802/game080216c.shtml

some pretty good quality screens

I'd like to see a full match though

Sado22
satsujin, you were pretty vague in your post. you said you weren't impressed and hence my reply. and now you're saying you're happy. make up your mind.

also SF4 isn't 3d.

Raijin
I think they seriously need to upgrade their graphics, to like HD or make it 3d using a high end graphics engine 'cause 2d characters in a 3d arena looks crappy, IMO.

Should be fun though.

SF4 graphics are 3d, gameplay however, isn't.

Sado22
please watch the whole video. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ESB -1138
are you people apeshit?! mad
look at the graphics half way in the middle and see how smooth and improved it is. or maybe its just "oh no, it looks better than SF4 so lets just flame it" SF fanboy mentality.

Nope; I never really saw what people found so great about Street Fighter. Maybe the footage just sucks I dunno. I'll wait till Gamestop or IGN has some footage till I make my judgment on graphics.

SaTsuJiN
satsujin, you were pretty vague in your post. you said you weren't impressed and hence my reply. and now you're saying you're happy. make up your mind.

also SF4 isn't 3d.

-You read that quite clear..I'm not impressed (as this should have been done ages ago.. now SNK-Playmore is acting like everyone should be jumping for joy? lmao), but that doesnt mean I cant be happy about new sprites

-So a 3d model and a 2d sprite are the exact same thing to you?..c'mon...

Sado22
its cell shaded, not 3d. LOOKS 3d but isn't.

~Sado

SaTsuJiN
its cell shaded, not 3d. LOOKS 3d but isn't.

~Sado cel-shaded is 3d... Jet Grind Radio, anyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cel-shaded_animation

SFIV's technique is more than just cel-shade, however

Raijin
Exactly^.
please watch the whole video. roll eyes (sarcastic)
...I did watch the video, it could look a whole lot better, the sprites seemed to be of same quality as Gaurou and that game is pretty old, same applies to it's graphics.

Btw, are they gonna release this game to current-gen consoles or should we assume it's exclusive to the previous?

Sado22
really? i read it was cell shaded.

well, i think you're under that impression jsut cuz the video sucked.

~Sado

Raijin
really? i read it was cell shaded.

well, i think you're under that impression jsut cuz the video sucked.

~Sado
... Yeah, no. The quality of the video was proper shite but the screenshots weren't, I just want SNK to get off their asses and modernize their graphics and maybe come up with some new more original characters 'cause let's be honest here, their recent games haven't been very original and most of them are just crappy remakes of the arcade versions.

So is it so wrong of me to want something new?

SaTsuJiN
I had bought KOF:MI2 (aka 2006) a while back.. and while the characters looked really nice.. the gameplay was pretty bad

so... maybe thats not the case here.. hopefully videos of actual battles pop up

Sado22
dude i said MAYBE.

~Sado

Raijin
dude i said MAYBE.

~Sado
Where?

And this for PS3, the supposebly most powerfull console on the market?
I had bought KOF:MI2 (aka 2006) a while back.. and while the characters looked really nice.. the gameplay was pretty bad

so... maybe thats not the case here.. hopefully videos of actual battles pop up
2006? Haven't seen it in stores, or anywhere else. But graphics is still something they really should improve, then again, they're developing it for PS3..

Sado22
i said "i think". happy?

SaTsuJiN
http://japan.gamespot.com/arcade/videos/story/0,3800076101,20367450-10315552p,00.htm

a better quality version of the trailer

Terry and Kim look pretty good :

http://www.imagefilez.com/out.php/i215050_KOFXII16.jpg

Akuma Killer
IMO, Sf is much better than KOF.
But this KOF looks better than it ever has, especially seeing as how they've been using the same damn sprites for a lil over a decade, bout time they made a change.

Ron Mexico
kof, graphically, is looking very sexy right now. However, I don't know if it's my eyes but the animation looks a little funny

Sado22
make up your mind man.

SaTsuJiN
I'm loving the new sprites, despite that they look Falcoon-ish

cant wait to see some Lv2 supers

Sado22
anyone seen iori yet? confused

SaTsuJiN
http://kotaku.com/362913/holy-crap-king-of-fighters-xii-is-100-percent-hand-drawn

Also.. hi-res trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30832.html

SaTsuJiN
http://the-magicbox.com/0803/game080320b.shtml

some new images (new to me at least.. ._. )

Classic NES
This game blows SFIV out the water.

SaTsuJiN
Yeah this is definitely putting KoF back on the map for me.. I've been nothing but disappointed since '97 (which was the best KoF, IMO)

Project Jedah
Originally posted by Classic NES
This game blows SFIV out the water. Yeah right...

Triple Six
OMG, just look at this game and it's KOF...REALLY NICE. What more is there to say? I'm speechless... To see this game look the way it does and know it's a KOF is shocking.

I don't even have to see anymore to know that this is a must grab for me. I wonder who the boss is.

Sado22
fanboy... roll eyes (sarcastic)

dat_boi
this game looks great its nice 2 see both kof and sf give us something other than crossovers this gen

Blax_Hydralisk
fanboy... roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sado22
any news on iori? confused

Project Jedah
fanboy... roll eyes (sarcastic) What ever floats yo boat...

Mr.Biscuits
It looks pretty but that hardly matters, it's all about the gameplay.

brainchild81
Ditto.

SaTsuJiN
http://www.neogeoforlife.com/news.php?readmore=120 - some images that you've mainly seen from the trailer, but there are new ones

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8412/02ec0.jpg - Arcadia Scan p.1

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7909/01cz3.jpg - Arcadia Scan p.2
(careful, these two are high-rez)

http://cyberfanatix.com/img/news/kofxii/1.jpg?PHPSESSID=785dace523010defbc2eca5453d86f16
hi rez again

KakashiKun
Can't wait to try Terry Bogard out in HD.

SaTsuJiN
The more I see of this game, it seems to decline in quality... like the animation seems pretty stiff or something.. I cant really place my finger on it

Man of...
Looks cool to me, I'm gettin' it.

Kirikaze Fuuma
what? KOF XII has no storyline?

Final Blaxican
The more I see of this game, it seems to decline in quality... like the animation seems pretty stiff or something.. I cant really place my finger on it

Been playing SF4 too much. stick out tongue

Kazenji
Wow Neo Geo really have come a long way still using 2D character spirtes(meanwhile Capcom has moved on) Altho the Stage backgounds look alot better.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Been playing SF4 too much. stick out tongue True.. not that I've been enjoying it as much as I thought I would.. but it'll do

at least in KoF XII, I'll still be able to do a power geyser or some other complex KoF motion, whereas all the sudden in SF4 I magically cant do a raging demon for whatever reason

I am who I am
Haha, you suck...

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by I am who I am
Haha, you suck... Hold on a minute while I care...
Now Loading...
http://www.pown.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/223.jpg

I am who I am
Is that real?

SaTsuJiN
AOU 2009
Yy0_zVCRnIg

occultdestroyer
It only has a few playable characters, so I heard.

SaTsuJiN
http://www.fox-hound.us/misc/KOF-XII-Characters.jpg

not a bad number for the roster... knowing SNK there might be a few playables that aren't on the roster yet

occultdestroyer
That IS few, compared to the other KoF starting line-ups.

SaTsuJiN
Well.. I'm not sure how aware you are... but most of those games were broken as hell, with many infinites

I'd rather a so-called "few".. and have a good amount of balance

yeah its nice to have all of those characters.. but most of them were the 2000 and beyond crappy characters anyways, as opposed to the classics that need no introduction

dark_element
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/np/games/kofxii-logo.jpg
King of Fighter XII details:

Old news:
- Preferably known to be King of Fighters: Re-Birth
- HD 100% Hand drawn
- Size of spites are twice as large giving 4x the detail compared to the old sprites
- Currently known characters: Kyo, Benimaru, Goro, Ash, Shen, Duo Lon, Terry, Andy, Joe, Ryo, Robert, Iori, Athena, Chin, Kensou, Kim, Ralf, Clark and Leona
- For both PS3 and 360

Recent new released March 4th:
World wide console release date - July 30th

Features:
- Online play
- Team Battle
- Speculative mode
- Multi-session rooms
- Voice Chat after joining a room/session
- Record and post your battles
- More characters (I don't know how many and who the new characters are at the moment.)

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xii/img/p_keyvisual.jpg

--------------------

Show yourselves of what you are made of SNK, here is a SNK fan sticking up for you guys.

Scythe
Yay

Kazenji
Your new are'nt you.....yeah might have been a good idea to use the search function there already is a thread for this.

Black Yoshi
Yeah, there's already a thread on this.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=477701&highlight=title%3A%28King+of+Fighters%29

Peach
Merged threads. Search in the future before creating a new thread.

dark_element
I did look for it in search but I didn't find it. Sorry, I'll look harder next time before I start a new thread.

I am who I am
This game needs a boss and a story. I wonder how a flameless Iori will play? It really looks good but I need a hands on preview article.

Kazenji
Theres real originality with this game.......lets stick with 2D graphics we have'nt done that before.

dark_element
CAN PEOPLE FREAKIN STOP ABOUT "oh this game needs a story" CRAP!?! JUST ACCEPT IT!!! NOT ALL OF THE CHARACTERS ARE MADE FOR THE STORY YET! HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF THAT!?!?! WHY IS KOF XII CALLED RE-BIRTH?!?!

This has been going on for the last 6 months and I don't understand why some people can't understand something so basic.

Jezee some people are just plain idiots...

dark_element
(Sorry I just had to get that off my back)

And sorry for double posting.

Anyway, I think that SNK will put Mai in for the Console release like they did in XI. XD I wonder how fanbois will react.

Zack Fair
They will drool like always.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Kazenji
Theres real originality with this game.......lets stick with 2D graphics we have'nt done that before. Similar to "lets make 3d characters on a 2d plane" ?.. thats original too

MR_GRUUVE
Such groovy ideals

I am who I am
Originally posted by dark_element
CAN PEOPLE FREAKIN STOP ABOUT "oh this game needs a story" CRAP!?! JUST ACCEPT IT!!! NOT ALL OF THE CHARACTERS ARE MADE FOR THE STORY YET! HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF THAT!?!?! WHY IS KOF XII CALLED RE-BIRTH?!?!

This has been going on for the last 6 months and I don't understand why some people can't understand something so basic.

Jezee some people are just plain idiots... Calm down dude. Just cuz peeps feel different from you doesn't mean their idiots.

You act like your gettin' payed to be a KOF fan? Just chill, yo.

dark_element
I was going to remove it but the 15 mins passed so all i could do was apologize

I'm sorry for getting mad at cha man. I did see your argument for the Cammy vs Leona thread. I was sad that you couldn't come up with a way to prove that Leona could beat Cammy.

I hope that KoF XII will do great cause if they do, they might start preparing for a project on another SNK vs. Capcom or come up with an agreement with Capcom to make CvS 3 with a lot more characters in the roster. Along side with their next installment for an ep. XIII

FistOfThe North
"King of Bitters"

this games the ultimate "sf" clone, (i've always thought that, for years..), even though i've heard it's more popular.

like i heard that "KOF" is to the international comminuty what "SF" is to the u.s., or something like that.

But still.."SF" is the real king of fighters with RYU, not RYO, as the ultimate and most recognized fighter in video game history..

so screw you snk, lol. The nerve. (i did like "Art of Fighting" though..)

I am who I am
Originally posted by dark_element
I was going to remove it but the 15 mins passed so all i could do was apologize

I'm sorry for getting mad at cha man. I did see your argument for the Cammy vs Leona thread. I was sad that you couldn't come up with a way to prove that Leona could beat Cammy.

I hope that KoF XII will do great cause if they do, they might start preparing for a project on another SNK vs. Capcom or come up with an agreement with Capcom to make CvS 3 with a lot more characters in the roster. Along side with their next installment for an ep. XIII I don't think Leona can beat Cammy. It's all good, tho.

Anyway, just got news that there will be bonus console characters...Beni, Kensou, Chin, Joe, and Clark.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/np/news/kof-xii.jpg

dark_element
I think that Leona can defeat Cammy and I have proof of it. If only someone could reply to what I've said in the Cammy vs. Leona thread.

Like playing both characters, but I'm more of a Leona fan.

Anyway yeah, i stated that info yesterday man. I love the features the console version is having. I'll try my best to have the game in my hands asap and give it a review through a press group I'm in.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
"King of Bitters"

this games the ultimate "sf" clone, (i've always thought that, for years..), even though i've heard it's more popular.

like i heard that "KOF" is to the international comminuty what "SF" is to the u.s., or something like that.

But still.."SF" is the real king of fighters with RYU, not RYO, as the ultimate and most recognized fighter in video game history..

even though Ryo is actually nothing like he first was.. and Ryu still has the same frames of animation for the past 20 years?... lawl

sorry but in terms of character evolution.. SNK has the one-up

-------------

Why cant Leona beat Cammy?... Leona has Orochi blood in her (i.e. Blood Riot Leona)

I am who I am
IMO, Ryu is like a billion times better than Ryo. The SF characters are far more memorable and likable. I think that's cuz they don't change them over and over so drastically. Slight changes er now and then can work wonders for a franchise.

But I will admit, there is a lot of unesessary KOF hate goin' on in this thread and it needs skeedadle.

dark_element
I love King of Fighters because of its consistency and complex characters. Not to say that Street Fighter characters aren't complex, they are just not complex enough; and neither were their installments. Here we see many characters develop and change throughout the past 15 years with their yearly installments; their decisions effecting the storyline and actions directing the flow of the sagas that follow through.

In a Cammy Vs. Leona
I have to say that having the strength of the second strongest Bijuu is something to be reckoned with. Orochi is the largest of the Bijuu and is second to Kyuubi. Cammy's source and skill comes from something that does not come close to the power that Orochi has. Chances of Cammy actually beating Leona are quite slim.

Orochi: In the 9 God Battles, it won all of its matches but not to Kyuubi because Kyuubi's power is limitless. Its size spans to be the length of eight mountains. Each head of Yamata no Orochi represents a symbol: Soul, Ghost, Evil, Devil, Monstrous, Kill, The Afterworld and Death.

I am who I am
Orochi has no feats. He has been wanked time and time again

dark_element
By the descendants of the Three Treasures clan's and that is the power of the Kusanagi, Yagami(Yasakani) and Yata clans working together.

It would be sick if SNK decided to make Orochi in the future with wild black hair, a buff yet lean build with the shadows of the eight snake heads coming out of his back with the symbol glowing violet.

SaTsuJiN
Orochi has no feats. He has been wanked time and time again Is there really ever a fighting game where the boss canonically wins the tournament? heh.. cuz I cant think of any

I am who I am
Nope, but other than catch a beat down at the end by just 2 characters, maybe 3, early in the KOF series, he hasn't done much. Don't see why he gets wanked so hard. Any character wit Orochi blood gets put over most well established characters. I think that's BS, that's just me tho.

SaTsuJiN
I think if they let Orochi actually play as powerful as he was.. he'd be the cheapest SNK boss in history.. and hell.. thats saying alot with characters like Igniz running around

Orochi is just the coolest SNK boss to date, IMO.. thats why they rehashed him in NGBC as Mizuchi

its not all that bad really.. its not any more bs that just because ryu and ken know how to throw hadouken, that they topple most of the SF cast storywise..

I'd totally like to see a canon Leona and Cammy fight, as I really like both characters

Blue Mary on the other hand... her voice.. uuuuuuughh!!!!! *goes Blood Riot and slaughters her*

dark_element
I think I'll make an animation between these two characters. Might take a few weeks, but I'll be glad to be able to do it.

King of Fighters is amazing!!! I hope I will make a good animation for these two.

Sado22
terry's go BUSTAWORF on your ass, boy! mad

true. SNK has better characters. the most complex character they had in SF was Cody Travers because he goes through a change like no one else. Ryu's BORING and one-dimensional, ken is cool but is downplayed because of the ryu-wank going on all the time while everyone else is just plain and simple.
on KoF we have characters like Iori, K' etc who have their personal stories and they are played out well. after watching the intro of FFWA you really get to sympathize with Terry and you actually wanna cheer for him to kick geese's ass. in Ryu's case, it's like "oh man, now i have to go along with everyone and ryu wins just because he's the true warrior even though people like ken train are as good as him despite trianing half as much as he does".

SaTsuJiN
terry's go BUSTAWORF on your ass, boy! mad

you have to admit.. the only game where her voice isnt annoying, is I think the first Fatal Fury RealBout (her debut game?)

every game after that the sound engine was just so terrible that they gave her squeaks and moans for everything she does... /sigh

Sado22
*BUSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WORF!!!*
mad

Quincy
King of Fighters is Badass as shit.

olympian
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
"King of Bitters"

You know, to be a clone, it has to play exactly the same. And KOF never played like SF. It was always more technical than its rival. And this isent a SF thread, anyway. Ryu is King on his own house. After Akuma, Gouken, and a bunch of others stick out tongue

Sado22
oly, ya foo, where the phuck ya been? mad

nice to see you btw big grin

SaTsuJiN
so... its kinda disappointing that one of the two console characters is Elizabeth... dunno who that is?.. well you aint missin out on much.. she was some made up crap character for KOFXI.. that slot should have been given to a kof mainstayer... Geese?.. Krauser? Heidern?.. hell.. Blue Mary?... Mai?... ridiculous

The other is Mature

I-Drop
No Rock? Iori in a halter-top? I'll pass. The only thing that had me a lil' hype about this game was that Robert was back. &that's negated by rehash suckASSaki being there. Shame, because the graphics look REALLY cool. I'll play it if somebody else buys it or if I spot it @the arcade. Otherwise, I'll stick to playing NGBC. Hopefully the story ends w/rehash getting beat to death & set on fire. Ash too.

SaTsuJiN
Terry - Robert - Kim has always been mah shii'.. so Imma see what I can do up in this game when I get my hands on it

dvampire
K' is not even in this game...shit. He's a fun character to play with, I hate that he's not in the cast. K', Terry, and Ash was the squad!

I-Drop
WTF?! K' ain't in it?! This roster sux @ss!

I-Drop
No King either!? No Mai or Blue Mary? WTF is up w/SNK & these small POS rosters? They didn't learn anything from SVC:Chaos? Fvck this game!!!!

I am who I am
Kyo is in it. That makes it a must buy.

Sado22
the loser's never been in any kof except MI and your ass doesn't play MI wink

worst part is we don't have Fagoon to blame this time. Nona's decided that he wants to phuck men too or if nona's a girl she's just realized that she finds sissifying a man very erotic sick

dude, ryo's in EVERY kof to date. does that mean you never play kof?

get ryo's cock outta your mouth shifty

I-Drop
the loser's never been in any kof except MI and your ass doesn't play MI wink Loser? He's never gotten too tired to continue. Unlike some people evil face There's no real reason why they couldn't have put him in there. Originally posted by Sado22
worst part is we don't have Fagoon to blame this time. Nona's decided that he wants to phuck men too or if nona's a girl she's just realized that she finds sissifying a man very erotic sick
dude, ryo's in EVERY kof to date.& he's always a detriment to the game big grinOriginally posted by Sado22
does that mean you never play kof?No. Just saying his slot could have been used for a way better character. SNK has plenty. How the fvck is rehash there, but K' ain't? That's flat out bullshit!!!!
get ryo's cock outta your mouth shifty no expression Not funny cause it simply doesn't apply. Now if I dropped rehash's name for no good reason in threads he doesn't belong in (like say a Terry/Cody thread), then you'd have some real material to work with big grinOriginally posted by I am who I am
Kyo is in it. That makes it a must buy. laughing out loud I doubt even Kyo can make up for this game's sorryass roster. It almost has a "rushed" feel to it

olympian
oly, ya foo, where the phuck ya been? mad

Working my ass off on an office. Being rich "aint easy, brota". Until i get some needed vacations to play this beatiful game that is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNYfp8y5a9M

Ouch. Reppa that fool.

K` is going to likely be a DC. And expect other characters to be on the way, i almost bet on it. Its the new gaming era, folks.

Now if only Sega would also release VF5R for the consoles, id be a happy Man.

SaTsuJiN
critical counter looks a bit confusing.. half the time it connects it just looks like they did it when they felt like.. but I've read that it has to be a true counter hit

and watch most of the DC be crap chars like momoko, or some boss you never had interest in playing

I-Drop
Ditto. The main roster sux! Half of the 2 xtras suck. I expect the DC to suck as well just to keep things consistent.

Sado22
in the interview they said that they want to take koF back to it's roots: ff and aof.
although i do agree about k'. k' one of the best creations of SNK (minus the name).

okay, get the AoF/FF bitchfest cock outta your mouth eek!

I am who I am
Originally posted by I-Drop
I doubt even Kyo can make up for this game's sorryass roster. It almost has a "rushed" feel to it They pretty much drew er character from scratch, that takes time, yo. I think this is just a starter game, the next one will be better if this one does any good. Doubt it though, SFIV really killed the whole 2d FG market in America this year.

To be honest, the roster does kinda suck though. I'm cool wit the number of characters, I just wish they coulda replaced some of the old guys no body cares about. Almost erbody in this game has been in EVERY KOF, kinda tired of seein'em. Rock and K' woulda been the shit.

I-Drop
Ditto

I-Drop
in the interview they said that they want to take koF back to it's roots: ff and aof.
although i do agree about k'. k' one of the best creations of SNK (minus the name).

okay, get the AoF/FF bitchfest cock outta your mouth eek! no expression Still lousy material 'cuz I keeps the bit<hin' in the proper threads. Do better, mane.

I'd like to see this interview. &that's still no excuse 'cuz Kyo, Iori, the 2 xtra bit<hes, Athena etc etc etc ain't from AOF or FF. King and Blue Mary are from AOF &FF. Neither one of them is in this game. This roster is shitty. No way around that.

olympian
To be honest, the roster does kinda suck though. I'm cool wit the number of characters, I just wish they coulda replaced some of the old guys no body cares about. Almost erbody in this game has been in EVERY KOF, kinda tired of seein'em. Rock and K' woulda been the shit.
Who are the older guys no one cares about? The classics are universally loved by the large majority of the gaming fanbase, and making a KOF without some of them is out of question.

If they did that, the bitching and nagging about the roster would get increase by a tenfold. The roster, save one individual or two is just fine. Sure, it could use more faces, but thats another story.

I-Drop
IMO rehash is one of those guys no one cares about. He wasn't in the KOF:MI anime & no one gave a damn. The anime was pretty dam good w/out him. W/Robert here, they had the perfect chance to let someone else fill rehash's slot. Played it today in the arcade. Graphics looked very good but that's about it. Raiden looks pretty cool. They really should've had more people in this game. They RUINED Iori. I'd rather him not be there than be like this.

olympian
You probably missed the spot where it showed that the story would continue in the game itself. Ryo only shows up in the story later, and we had two versions of the guy big grin

Its you who doesnt give a damn. Wich is fair enough, i dont give a damn about K` or Iori, and it looks i wont be playing either of them, for different reasons. I have to check out if there is a SNKP spy around my office. Christmas is way too far.

As far as the gameplay, it looks good, get out of here. The new counter system is what the fanbase need. No more button mashing for cheapers.

Tactical gaming, people. Thats the real deal.

I am who I am
Originally posted by olympian
Who are the older guys no one cares about?

* Benimaru Nikaido
* Goro Daimon
* Athena Asamiya
* Sie Kensou
* Chin Gentsai
* Terry Bogard
* Andy Bogard
* Joe Higashi
* Ryo Sakazaki
* Ralf Jones
* Clark Still

The classics are universally loved by the large majority of the gaming fanbase, and making a KOF without some of them is out of question. I don't believe that and even so, they could have at the very least made some new characters if they were gonna keep the same nearly 20 somthin' guys that are there EVERY year.

If they did that, the bitching and nagging about the roster would get increase by a tenfold. The roster, save one individual or two is just fine. Sure, it could use more faces, but thats another story. I think the smaller roster is a good thing, so many faces on the screen at once and so many stories really make the characters unapealin' and makes it seem like a game wit a bunch of Shojo anime characters. The smaller roster brings more focus on to the main heroes and villains.

They kinda played it a lil too safe, imo. The graphics are hot but it's really lackin' in the substance department. Give me a good game over a pretty game anyday.

I-Drop
Take Terry off of that list & I'd agree 100%. I don't like it, but Terry's got a lot of fans & I don't wanna see what would happen if they made a KOF w/out him. Some of those guys like to "RETALIATE" laughing out loud I'd prefer KOF to have a large roster over a small shitty one anydayOriginally posted by olympian
Its you who doesnt give a damn.Nah seriously. He wasn't in the anime & everybody still loved it. Everything points to him being one of SNKs least important heroes. In the manga for it he was lucky enough to be there, but he got his @ss beat by Mignon Bert. All the other heroes got to shine a bit.Originally posted by olympian
Wich is fair enough, i dont give a damn about K` or Iori, and it looks i wont be playing either of them, for different reasons. I have to check out if there is a SNKP spy around my office. Christmas is way too far.You don't like K', but you like rehash?! I thought K' was one of them cats everybody liked. Now that I think of it, I think I do remember you dissing K' back in the day. You wanted them to put Iori in the "blue mary suit"?

SaTsuJiN
terry - robert - kim is the only reason I'm going to play this game.. I'm also happy that andy players got to see him be useful for a change (outside of the realbout series)

terry happens to be my favorite character in fatal fury and kof.. but the problem is that the only drastic change he's had was in 96 and garou respectively... other than that they dont really try anything new with him.. like giving his rising tackle start up immunity (from fatal fury 2), or his crack shot the ability to jump over certain projectiles (like kyo's yami-burai(sp?), or in a mirror match, his own power wave)

I mean I wouldnt want him to be retarded overpowered.. but something interesting and fun would really make me want to get good with him..

random side notes : things I'd also like to see are the return of the geki hishouken , and roberts 96/97 ryugeki-ken.. and the ability to use andy's choureppa-dan from the air (cuz it looked so damn awesome in the fatal fury movie)

olympian
I'd prefer KOF to have a large roster over a small shitty one anydayNah seriously

Not going to happen. Its a deeper and different style of gameplay with new drawn out HQ sprites and animation for each character.

Lets get real here. Its time they update the whole thing instead of re-using sprites from 99.

He wasn't in the anime & everybody still loved it

It was the first and only KOF anime to date. Any character there, and most would still like it. Ryo didnt needed to be there. The whole thing was merely four little episodes whose porpuse was to be released with the game as a DVD bonus, exactly because the game was to be the follow-up.

The story continues in the game, and there is more than enough Ryo there stealing the show as it is. From the opening to characters.

Everything points to him being one of SNKs least important heroes.

You point out.

SNK points out something else.

In the manga for it he was lucky enough to be there, but he got his @ss beat by Mignon Bert.

And?

Iori got his ass handled to him by Genjuro in another. And in more than one KOF Manga, Ryo has done the same to Terry.

Heck, he was cleaning house in the 96 Manga, even against Iori.

All the other heroes got to shine a bit.

Every character wins and loses in the Mangas. No exceptions.

You don't like K', but you like rehash?! I thought K' was one of them cats everybody liked. Now that I think of it, I think I do remember you dissing K' back in the day. You wanted them to put Iori in the "blue mary suit"?

I dont like K`because i dont have to. He doesnt do anything for me, simple as that. Ryo got a better story, cooler moveset and personality. They can give Iori any suit too, and i will still only play him rarely, if ever.

I like figthers who look like figthers. Thats the main reason why i prefer VF to Tekken.

I-Drop
Not going to happen. Its a deeper and different style of gameplay with new drawn out HQ sprites and animation for each character.
Lets get real here. Its time they update the whole thing instead of re-using sprites from 99.These new sprites are extremely impressive(not Iori's or Ash's), but I think they could have used that art on better characters for the most part Originally posted by olympian
It was the first and only KOF anime to date. Any character there, and most would still like it. Ryo didnt needed to be there. The whole thing was merely four little episodes whose porpuse was to be released with the game as a DVD bonus, exactly because the game was to be the follow-up. The story continues in the game, and there is more than enough Ryo there stealing the show as it is. From the opening to characters. He was in the U.S. commercial too. Hasn't the MI series been scrapped? Terry honestly stole the show. He went on to fight Duke w/Alba. rehash didn't reach the finals again(as always). I'm not sure how it was continued in the game tho. Ash wasn't even there but he was in the movie. This came out w/MI 1 or 2?Originally posted by olympian
Iori got his ass handled to him by Genjuro in another.Iori got killed an awesome fight. In that same manga Genjuro merely dodged rehash's attacks w/out fighting back. When rehash asked him why, he told rehash he was not only unworthy of killing, but unworthy of even drawing a sword for(he still eventually slit his throat just cuz he could). He had ZERO respect for rehash. Genjuro>>>>>Mignon Bert & she wasn't even taking rehash seriously. She literally giggled and played as she beat the livin' shit outta Mr. Karate rehash. That's humiliation. It was NOT an awesome match. It was just her outclassing him and beating his @ss w/out even trying(which made the result awesome big grin ).Originally posted by olympian
And in more than one KOF Manga, Ryo has done the same to Terry. Heck, he was cleaning house in the 96 Manga, even against Iori.SNK used to think he could be as popular as Terry, Kyo, or even Iori back in the day. That was over ten years ago though. Nowadays Iori beats Alex damn near to death whereas Ryu's Super fireball one shots rehash's super fireball, keeps going &does the same rehash in the same manga. &That was after Ryu called him a "thief" & an embarrassment to the style. Iori's shown as a beast nowadays whereas rehash is "not even worth drawing a sword for!!!" and an embarrassment that gets absolutely manhandled by little girls dressed like cats.Originally posted by olympian
Every character wins and loses in the Mangas. No exceptions.Not as badly as rehash has been as of late. Nowhere near. I'd like to see this one w/rehash beating Iori tho. Any links?Originally posted by olympian
I dont like K`because i dont have to.You don't HAVE to like anybody. Weird answer.Originally posted by olympian
He doesnt do anything for me, simple as that. Ryo got a better story, cooler moveset and personality.rehash cooler than K'? laughing That's a 1st. Everyone's got an opinion tho.
They can give Iori any suit too, and i will still only play him rarely, if ever.Shit! You actually win, cuz no matter what they do to rehash, they never dressed him up like a homo. mad I won't be playing as him either. His new moves don't compare to his old ones from what I've seen.
I like figthers who look like figthers. Thats the main reason why i prefer VF to Tekken. I don't see where VF people look more like fighters than the Tekken cast, but that's for another thread or a PM that I'll send. I'm quite interested in the reasoning behind that statement.

Sado22
phuck you

I-Drop
laughing out loud

olympian
These new sprites are extremely impressive(not Iori's or Ash's), but I think they could have used that art on better characters for the most part
The chosen roster got the characters that most players of the franchise usually want.

No one is saying there arent odd choices but on the whole they got it right for the new gen. Other characters are supposed to be getting the same treatment in the follwoing KOF, anyway.

Hasn't the MI series been scrapped?

Not as far as i know. Its still in the works, but without Falcoon now.

Terry honestly stole the show. He went on to fight Duke w/Alba.

Im talking about the second.

This is where our arguments differ: im well aware that Ryo doesnt always steal the show and always win, and neither he should, whereas you act like a troll who belives his favourite never lost in his life.

That act is getting stale.

rehash didn't reach the finals again(as always)

And yet hes got more tournments championships on his belt, than Iori does. How fun is that?

Maybe if Iori gave up on his closet infatuation over Kyo, he would be more focused. Like a figther is supposed to be.

I'm not sure how it was continued in the game tho. Ash wasn't even there but he was in the movie.

Some KOF XI characters were there yeah. I dont ask you to understand the logic behind it, but its how it was marketed by SNKP. Or supposed to, before they screwed up the whole original release. You can google the whole affair.

his came out w/MI 1 or 2?
Two, as far as i know.

Iori got killed an awesome fight. In that same manga Genjuro merely dodged rehash's attacks w/out fighting back. When rehash asked him why, he told rehash he was not only unworthy of killing, but unworthy of even drawing a sword for(he still eventually slit his throat just cuz he could). He had ZERO respect for rehash. Genjuro>>>>>Mignon Bert & she wasn't even taking rehash seriously. She literally giggled and played as she beat the livin' shit outta Mr. Karate rehash. That's humiliation. It was NOT an awesome match. It was just her outclassing him and beating his @ss w/out even trying(which made the result awesome big grin ).SNK used to think he could be as popular as Terry, Kyo, or even Iori back in the day. That was over ten years ago though. Nowadays Iori beats Alex damn near to death whereas Ryu's Super fireball one shots rehash's super fireball, keeps going &does the same rehash in the same manga. &That was after Ryu called him a "thief" & an embarrassment to the style. Iori's shown as a beast nowadays whereas rehash is "not even worth drawing a sword for!!!" and an embarrassment that gets absolutely manhandled by little girls dressed like cats.Not as badly as rehash has been as of late. Nowhere near.
Holy hell. This looks like the most nonsentical paragraph killing venom spilling bullshit against a fictional character i encountered in the internetz this week.

This reads as " my dad was better because at least he didnt lost against a Catwoman stealing burgler".

Get my grief? Its like saying "my shit smells better than yours!"

Yeah, Brain. But its still shit.

'd like to see this one w/rehash beating Iori tho. Any links?

http://www.foroz.org/foroz/topic50783.html

And dont forget to pick only the worse parts about Ryo to make a case for the whole Manga. And likewise only the best parts for Iori.

You wouldnt be you if you didnt do it *high five mano*

You don't HAVE to like anybody. Weird answer.
Then why the surprise at me not caring about K`?

Shit! You actually win, cuz no matter what they do to rehash, they never dressed him up like a homo. :mad
You got that right.

I don't see where VF people look more like fighters than the Tekken cast, but that's for another thread or a PM that I'll send. I'm quite interested in the reasoning behind that statement.

Its not a novelty concept. I just prefer one game over the other in nearly every basis. Characters and styles included.

olympian
* Benimaru Nikaido
* Goro Daimon
* Athena Asamiya
* Sie Kensou
* Chin Gentsai
* Terry Bogard
* Andy Bogard
* Joe Higashi
* Ryo Sakazaki
* Ralf Jones
* Clark Still

I don't believe that and even so, they could have at the very least made some new characters if they were gonna keep the same nearly 20 somthin' guys that are there EVERY year

You dont have to belive. March on every main SNK related forum and ask the question. Cyberfanatix, Neo Geo.com, Oroginachi, SNK.dot.com, you name it.

The majority will want new characters but not at the expense of taking most of these guys out, its absurd. Not in a KOF title.

Secondly, its too much to expect more characters than this number, due to the work it takes in every character. These new animations took a team and months for any of them. Lets be objective here. Either you want reused stuff or you dont. Doing HQ hand drawn animation takes time and more work.

* They kinda played it a lil too safe, imo. The graphics are hot but it's really lackin' in the substance department. Give me a good game over a pretty game anyday.

You have three new characters (two of them, main assets) in the game from KOF XI, you have the old classics, and you have Iori and Kyo, the main event of the old-new generation.

Who is missing? Bosses? We dont know if they are in or out yet.

With a limited roster, each characters plays differently, and the gameplay is, since some time, harder and deeper. And i personally find that welcome.

Altho i love most KOF, i havent found one to be truly technically engaging since a long time.

I-Drop
This is where our arguments differ: im well aware that Ryo doesnt always steal the show and always win, and neither he should, whereas you act like a troll who belives his favourite never lost in his life.

That act is getting stale.That act doesn't exist. What are you talking about? You seem to be getting emotional. I haven't hurled any negativity your way. What gives? All this over rehash? confused
And yet hes got more tournments championships on his belt, than Iori does. How fun is that?Awesome. It's amazing the stuff rehash can do when Iori ain't around. When Iori, Kyo, Terry, anybody of importance ain't around, rehash be doin' it big!!! He's the man!!!!
Maybe if Iori gave up on his closet infatuation over Kyo, he would be more focused. Like a figther is supposed to be. laughing out loud Dammit SNK! Back in the day I'd have a snappy comeback. Now I can't even say "Iori's not gay!!!!!". You win again Oly. Well played, altho rehash's not infatuated over Kyo & he still doesn't ever seem to get to the finals in KOF. The unfocused Iori seems to go farther than him in the tourney quite often. Sometimes even by himself IIRC. Focus can only carry rehash so far I guess.
Some KOF XI characters were there yeah. I dont ask you to understand the logic behind it, but its how it was marketed by SNKP. Or supposed to, before they screwed up the whole original release. You can google the whole affair.Ok.
Two, as far as i know.Ok. Googling it now
Holy hell. This looks like the most nonsentical paragraph killing venom spilling bullshit against a fictional character i encountered in the internetz this week.

This reads as " my dad was better because at least he didnt lost against a Catwoman stealing burgler".

Get my grief?Nope. You brought Iori into this manga stuff for some reason. I merely pointed out to you that Iori didn't really get his ass handed to him. He lost, but he got his shots in. Genjuro diced him up & enjoyed it 'cuz Iori's a tuff dude. ('Juro explained that he offed Iori's ancestors back in the samurai days). In that same manga that you brought up Genjuro also took on rehash. 'Juro did NOT enjoy it 'cuz rehash ain't shit to him. rehash basically got his ass handed to him by a guy who didn't wanna hand him his ass. That's all I'm saying. Nothing to get upset over. It's just the truth. Lighten up.Originally posted by olympian
http://www.foroz.org/foroz/topic50783.html

And dont forget to pick only the worse parts about Ryo to make a case for the whole Manga. And likewise only the best parts for Iori.

You wouldnt be you if you didnt do it *high five mano* laughing out loud That's not fair. I gave you the real deal on those fights. Didn't skew things one way or the other. Genjuro seemed to respect Iori's bad@ssness. Whereas he seemed to respect rehash even less than I do. Didn't think that was possible. He told him he was so lowly he wasn't even worth drawing a sword for. That's pretty fuked up, mane
Then why the surprise at me not caring about K`?Just haven't encounted too many peeps who don't. Doesn't mean I think you have to like him. Originally posted by olympian
You got that right.sad Damn SNK!!!!Originally posted by olympian
Its not a novelty concept. I just prefer one game over the other in nearly every basis. Characters and styles included. You prefering one game over the other is obviously not what I was talking about. I doubt I could have been more clear. You said one game's roster looks more like fighters. That's the novelty of interest.

This game is pretty as all hell, but it's lame IMO. I hope they get it right next time. NGBC was a much better effort from SNK

olympian
That act doesn't exist. What are you talking about? You seem to be getting emotional. I haven't hurled any negativity your way. What gives? All this over rehash? confused

*laughs*

Awesome. It's amazing the stuff rehash can do when Iori ain't around. When Iori, Kyo, Terry, anybody of importance ain't around, rehash be doin' it big!!! He's the man!!!!

Mr Karate, Big, Robert, Wilder and Geese say "hi".

Thats not to say im happy about Iori`s poor record. I know what the guy needs. He needs the Bad Boys commander tactical course:

"what was subtle about your work today? How many times did i told you to go after the prize instead of the schoolboy?!"

Focus, Focus!"

laughing out loud Dammit SNK! Back in the day I'd have a snappy comeback. Now I can't even say "Iori's not gay!!!!!". You win again Oly. Well played, altho rehash's not infatuated over Kyo & he still doesn't ever seem to get to the finals in KOF.

*laughs*

"hes gay but..but...ill say something!"

The unfocused Iori seems to go farther than him in the tourney quite often. Sometimes even by himself IIRC. Focus can only carry rehash so far I guess.

You mean Orochi Iori does by himself wink

Ryo`s team have reached mid finals, and either in 2002 or 03 they must have done something, because according to theyr story they got the money back that Robert lost. The same money that made them enter the Tournment in the first place.

See? Thats the shit im talking about, Brain. Maybe they stole it, but check out how it proves theyr focus in on the prize, and not the fellow black leather.

Thats figthers, mane.

That's not fair. I gave you the real deal on those fights. Didn't skew things one way or the other.

Well, not quite. You "forgot" to mention along that Orochi Iori was also walking around the same time than normal Io was.

Just haven't encounted too many peeps who don't. Doesn't mean I think you have to like him. sad Damn SNK!!!! You prefering one game over the other is obviously not what I was talking about. I doubt I could have been more clear. You said one game's roster looks more like fighters. That's the novelty of interest.

Lee`s fishnet t-shirt.

That is all.

This game is pretty as all hell, but it's lame IMO. I hope they get it right next time. NGBC was a much better effort from SNK

It was, but NGBC isent a KOF game. Its an All Stars SNK figther. Much more diverse characters to use.

Sado22
good ol' I-drop's got a new comeback: wipe your own tears and call the other guy emo laughing out loud
j/k big grin

I-Drop
no expression Work on that Sado. Played this new KOF yet? Originally posted by olympian
Mr Karate, Big, Robert, Wilder and Geese say "hi".Tell most of them I'm not talking to them 'cuz they ain't important enough.
You got a nobody, a lackey nobody(nothing against him, but that's what he is. Was happy to see him in NGBC tho), the guy who should have been the hero but wasn't and has been treated as a nobody(thank the lawd they put him back in KOF sad that the game is lame sad ), another nobody(Who tf is Wilder?) & some guy who they had fall from a building to his "death"......twice. He has some importance, but he was just testing/toying w/rehash. Had to literally LET rehash get hits in.
Thats not to say im happy about Iori`s poor record. I know what the guy needs. He needs the Bad Boys commander tactical course:

"what was subtle about your work today? How many times did i told you to go after the prize instead of the schoolboy?!"

Focus, Focus!" no expression Work on that Oly.
*laughs*

"hes gay but..but...ill say something!" laughing out loud He's not g......Gotdamn SNK!!! Originally posted by olympian
You mean Orochi Iori does by himself winkNope. I mean regular Iori. Look into it. He does more on his lonesome than rehash can do w/friends & family backing him up IIRC.Originally posted by olympian
Ryo`s team have reached mid finals, and either in 2002 or 03 they must have done something, because according to theyr story they got the money back that Robert lost. The same money that made them enter the Tournment in the first place.

See? Thats the shit im talking about, Brain. Maybe they stole it, but check out how it proves theyr focus in on the prize, and not the fellow black leather.

Thats figthers, mane.big grin They probably stole it. Those guys ain't been to the finals in KOF since the game's been called KOF. They suck, even w/"the strongest style" they do less in KOF than one unfocused person can by themself. Pathetic. "Mid finals"? Were we even talking about "mid finals"? Who even says "mid finals"?Originally posted by olympian
Well, not quite. You "forgot" to mention along that Orochi Iori was also walking around the same time than normal Io was.Didn't need to mention that. YOU brought Iori into this(for some reason) & YOU brought up the manga that fight happened in. I just filled in the parts you either didn't know of or left out. Not my fault Genjuro respected Iori & had no respect for rehash. That's the natural order of things. It's rehash's fault. Ya shouldn't bring stuff up if ya gonna get all snippy when people talk about it. & 'Juro respected Orochi Iori more than rehash also big grinOriginally posted by olympian
Lee`s fishnet t-shirt.

That is all.Gotcha
It was, but NGBC isent a KOF game. Its an All Stars SNK figther. Much more diverse characters to use. & they chose to use better characters. There's NO excuse for this shit. Even if I let that "takes a lotta time to redraw everybody" shit slide, they made some fvcked up choices. Just look @the 2 extras. Mature & some bit<h that NOBODY gives a fuk about. Why not redraw King or Blue Mary?

Sado22
nope, unfortunately. the whole "arcade culture" has pretty much died where i live. no one wants to stand in a crowded place, paying about 2dollars for everygame only to get your ass kicked...........all when you can do for free at home. cant' say i blame them.

i did, however, play the impossible piece of steaming third rate turd they call SF4 and its a disgrace to the game i've loved for almost 16 years now. i felt like Capcom slapped me in the face, kicked me in the nuts and molested my knee sick

~Sado

Quincy
Should have had the complete roster, would have been more of an incentive for me to pick up.

SaTsuJiN
i did, however, play the impossible piece of steaming third rate turd they call SF4 and its a disgrace to the game i've loved for almost 16 years now. i felt like Capcom slapped me in the face, kicked me in the nuts and molested my knee sick

~Sado

Omg.. have my babies? embarrasment

I thought I was the only one

I am who I am
You dont have to belive. March on every main SNK related forum and ask the question. Cyberfanatix, Neo Geo.com, Oroginachi, SNK.dot.com, you name it.

The majority will want new characters but not at the expense of taking most of these guys out, its absurd. Not in a KOF title.

Secondly, its too much to expect more characters than this number, due to the work it takes in every character. These new animations took a team and months for any of them. Lets be objective here. Either you want reused stuff or you dont. Doing HQ hand drawn animation takes time and more work.

You have three new characters (two of them, main assets) in the game from KOF XI, you have the old classics, and you have Iori and Kyo, the main event of the old-new generation.

Who is missing? Bosses? We dont know if they are in or out yet.

With a limited roster, each characters plays differently, and the gameplay is, since some time, harder and deeper. And i personally find that welcome.

Altho i love most KOF, i havent found one to be truly technically engaging since a long time. I have been to those sites ( I'm a member at Neo Geo.com) and the only guy who I think is useless but most of the fans want to see again and again is Terry. I hardly hear anything about the others. And most of the peeps I know are disappointed in the roster as well.

KOF could really use some new AND important characters even at the expense of the regulars. But that's just me. They could also keep the vets in and just add some fresh meat who are involved in the game's main plot.

No one is arguin' wit the work they put in to please the players visually, but my point is, rather than waste the time to redraw the same bunch, they coulda instead took that time to make fresh faces and left some of the "same old same olds" out if the work to upgrade the graphics is such a hard task.. It woulda been the right thing to do, much more risky but, right. IMO.

KOF XI was pretty good, not many NEW characters but some of those who haven't been in a KOF before. I totally diged that. The problem was the same old tired graphics but they really did a good job wit the game play. Nothin' was wrong wit it really good game all around, just nothin' that makes me play it anymore.

I'm not gonna judge the game and say it's not worthy 'til I play it. I'm no hatah. I said SFIV was gonna suck and I ended up eatin' my words. I reserved this already and I'm gonna give it the chance it deserves.

I-Drop
Reserved? You must have mad dolo. I wanna be like you when I grow up. You'd have probably been better off renting this one, but hopefully you'll enjoy it. I only reserve stuff that I think may sell out or if I hear about some cool bonus that only reservers get. You gonna get anything extra out of this? Originally posted by Sado22
nope, unfortunately. the whole "arcade culture" has pretty much died where i live. no one wants to stand in a crowded place, paying about 2dollars for everygame only to get your ass kicked...........all when you can do for free at home. cant' say i blame them. Damn! $2?! How would that translate in USD? What do you think of this game's roster?Originally posted by Quincy
Should have had the complete roster, would have been more of an incentive for me to pick up. Ditto. SNK ain't fvcked up a roster like this since SVC:Chaos.

I am who I am
Reserved? You must have mad dolo. I wanna be like you when I grow up. You'd have probably been better off renting this one, but hopefully you'll enjoy it. I only reserve stuff that I think may sell out or if I hear about some cool bonus that only reservers get. You gonna get anything extra out of this? laughing out loudNah, it aint like that. I do that while I have the cash so I aint gotta worry about it later. I just head to the store and get it. And I honestly don't think you get anything extra or at least they didn't tell me about it, kinda sux.

SaTsuJiN
The roster is pretty standard.. would you guys rather have momoko?...chae lim?...may lee?..jhun hoon?.. lmao.. I could keep going listing all of the crap characters that somehow made it past the drawing board.. Angel... K9999 or however many 9's is in his name.. or the retarded 5 or so Kyo clones, or any of the 12 incarnations of Kyo, ranging from completely game breaking to pure garbage.. /sigh..

I'm sure they'll add to the roster with DLC.. but god please.. let it be someone worth it... (elizabeth and f'ing mature?.. wtf?!)

and why does mature look like Elle Driver from kill bill?.. fail char designs?

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/miramax_films/kill_bill__vol__2/daryl_hannah/bill2.jpg http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/mature-in-the-king-of-fighters-xii.jpg

I-Drop
laughing out loud No to the people you mentioned(save for Angel. I like her), but yes to King, B.Mary, K' & a few others. I doubt they gonna start making good roster decisions w/the DLC all the sudden considering the choosing of Elizabeth as an extra for consoles over the many better characters SNK had to offer. I know there's some who deserved to be left out, but they threw out the baby w/the bathwater for this one. Played it yet, Sats?

Sado22
ditto....well, except the babies part. sorry to disappoint you smile
seriouysly though i thought i was the only sane person left in the world. it's probably a good game" but no, the game sucked. just no way around it sad

the exchange rate is pretty much about 3dirhams being equal to $1. most games come to 5dirhams which is roughly 2 dollars. UAE's an expensive place. how much does it cost in US?

as for the game's roaster, i'm disappointed that K' aint there. Elizabeth and Mature together don't even make half the worth of K'. or even a quarter. K' SNK elite, he deserves to be around along with Vanessa, Blue Mary, Billy Kane, Shingo. oh and hte game looks a little slower to me than previous kofs.
and of course there's the issue about Iori's outfit..........which you and i can make a whole "disrespect thread" for. goddamnit SNK when we said change iori's outfit we didn't mean phuck him up! phucking Nona! mad
its shite like this that's got me worried what they'll do to Kyo in the next saga since they always give him a wardrobe change in each saga. since Iori's got pieces from Mary's wardrobe, kyo might get some thing from Mais sad

oh and lastly, i think it's stupid that they're not gonna have a story in this one. that's pretty dumb and lazy.

olympian
We dont know that yet. When SF4 was launched in the arcades it didnt have alot of the options that the console version had.

Oh, and Kyo will have another dress change. He has to, he cant let Iori have all the fun, no sir.

Thats rivality, mane.

I dont necessarily agree with SF4 sucking. I mean, its not the overrated piece people brag about, but its not that bad either. Its..fun. And i think thats the minimum requirement to waste time on a game.

3rd Strike was much better tho. Oh, so much better.

olympian
I'm not talking to them 'cuz they ain't important enough.

Of course, not to you they arent. Nothing unrelated to Iori is smile

another nobody(Who tf is Wilder?)

Just one of the cheapiest and harder 2D bosses around. Go play the games, lazy arse.

:& some guy who they had fall from a building to his "death"......twice. He has some importance, but he was just testing/toying w/rehash. Had to literally LET rehash get hits in.

Roflmao.

The endings of the game disagree with your analisis. And i might be, because you never played them.

Work on that Oly

Its damn true, sadly.

Even now they only play it more of it. "Will Kyo like my new trends?"

I know Ash will.

:Nope. I mean regular Iori. Look into it.

Uh, huh big grin

:They probably stole it. Those guys ain't been to the finals in KOF since the game's been called KOF

You cant even make a coehesive list on who made into the finals of most KOF *laughs*

:They suck, even w/"the strongest style" they do less in KOF than one unfocused person can by themself

No, actually they get something: prize money.

All Iori gets is another rejection from Kyo.

Mid finals"? Were we even talking about "mid finals"? Who even says "mid finals"?Didn't need to mention that. YOU brought Iori into this(for some reason) & YOU brought up the manga that fight happened in. I just filled in the parts you either didn't know of or left out.

Left out, like, another Iori walking around?

Napkin?

:& they chose to use better characters.

Im glad to know you think characters from the earlier games are more interesting.

:Why not redraw King or Blue Mary?

I can understand why they chosed Elizabeth. Shes a main character in KOF XI and shes new.

Mature on the other hand, i have to agree with you. Shes doing nothing here, that Mary, King or any other classic dame wouldnt, with more historical pedigree behind them, at that.

And as much i dont care about K`, he should be in, just for the importance alone.

I-Drop
the exchange rate is pretty much about 3dirhams being equal to $1. most games come to 5dirhams which is roughly 2 dollars. UAE's an expensive place. how much does it cost in US?No more than $1 here. Might be as low as 50cents.
as for the game's roaster, i'm disappointed that K' aint there. Elizabeth and Mature together don't even make half the worth of K'. or even a quarter. K' SNK elite, he deserves to be around along with Vanessa, Blue Mary, Billy Kane, Shingo. oh and hte game looks a little slower to me than previous kofs.
and of course there's the issue about Iori's outfit..........which you and i can make a whole "disrespect thread" for. goddamnit SNK when we said change iori's outfit we didn't mean phuck him up! phucking Nona! mad
its shite like this that's got me worried what they'll do to Kyo in the next saga since they always give him a wardrobe change in each saga. since Iori's got pieces from Mary's wardrobe, kyo might get some thing from Mais sad

oh and lastly, i think it's stupid that they're not gonna have a story in this one. that's pretty dumb and lazy. No story? Shit, that means they coulda kept Ash's whole team out of this. Instead of 2 blades that try to look like girls & a guy, we coulda had 2 actual girls(King &Blue Mary) &K'. If you ain't gonna do KOF right, don't do it @all. I could have waited a bit longer for a better game than this. Shingo's OK even tho he ain't really needed, but Rock woulda been better if they had to choose one. These morons chose neither. Mature's suit looks more manly than Iori's. WTF?

Sado22
damn...that IS cheap. shit.

ditto. if they wrapped up the story, had Iori tear Ash to shreds and give little pieces of him to everybody at a KoF bash that would've been awesome. the weirdest part is, they make Terry go back to pizza deliveryboy outfit but change Iori's outfit. that's weird. I'd actually prefered to see a 2.5 D Iori in regular oufit. and heck, i don't mind his alternate outfit from MI either.

hysterical

and sadly true sad

SaTsuJiN
lol.. while I honestly didnt care for terry wide-legs to go back in time with his clothes.. I was seriously getting sick of the mark of the wolves outfit.. it seems like every game character is suddenly "mature" when they sport a leather bomber and boots.. shit is annoying

I-Drop
Terry wide-legs? What other mature characters wear leather bomber jackets & boots?Originally posted by olympian
Of course, not to you they arent. Nothing unrelated to Iori is smile big grin Nah. False. I mentioned Terry as being important too. rehash don't win any championships when he's around either. Originally posted by olympian
Just one of the cheapiest and harder 2D bosses around. Go play the games, lazy arse. Nah. No need to. You must have missed the "important" part. When's the last time we saw him? Exactly. & I think ya spelled his name wrong(unless that's his Japanese name or something). Not that important even to you it seems. This is the stuff fail is made of ,Oly.Originally posted by olympian
Roflmao. The endings of the game disagree with your analisis. And i might be, because you never played them.Not my analysis. Look @the plot guides, mane. Originally posted by olympian
You cant even make a coehesive list on who made into the finals of most KOF *laughs*Can make one on who doesn't make it. rehash & the suckASSaki clan are @the top of that one. smile
Left out, like, another Iori walking around?Yep. YOU left it out when you brought Iori & this manga into this. YOU didn't decide it was worth mentioning until I pointed out how Juro sliced rehash's throat after verbally owning the shit outta him. How convenient.Originally posted by olympian
Im glad to know you think characters from the earlier games are more interesting.They chose to leave @ss crimson & crew out of it & they put Rock in there. Originally posted by olympian
I can understand why they chosed Elizabeth. Shes a main character in KOF XI and shes new.Fuk her. W/no story she's also unnecessary.Originally posted by olympian
Mature on the other hand, i have to agree with you. Shes doing nothing here, that Mary, King or any other classic dame wouldnt, with more historical pedigree behind them, at that. Originally posted by olympian
And as much i dont care about K`, he should be in, just for the importance alone. Basically. This roster is shitty.

Sado22
this is between Oly and Drop is startin to look bad. guys, come on, lets all calm down a notch.

~Sado

SaTsuJiN
Terry wide-legs? What other mature characters wear leather bomber jackets & boots?

Heh.. yeah.. some artist decided terry and everyone else that wears some kind of pants needed bell-bottoms

Goku (in some drawings, and I think alt costumes for fighting games), and Leon Kennedy from RE4 are two I can think of off the top of my head

I-Drop
I see what you mean, but I honestly don't consider ANYBODY mature UNTIL they put on a bomber jacket & boots. Terry looks more mature to me than Tung Fu Ru does. Originally posted by Sado22
this is between Oly and Drop is startin to look bad. guys, come on, lets all calm down a notch.

~Sado I'm calm. You don't see ME using insults towards him.

Sado22
'twas a general statement. not pointing fingers at you or him. just telling you boys to calm down before tempers actually start flaring. last thing we need is yet another huge derailing...........and this time, it aint the threadmaker big grin

I-Drop
I'm gonna stay cool. Started off talking about how certain cats coulda been left out. Oly turned it into rehash's tourney/manga feats v. Iori's & when things didn't go as he planned he got a lil' emo w/the "You actin' like a troll" stuff.

This woulda been a good time to put Marco in the game instead of rehash. When you got a small roster, you don't have too much space to waste on lames. Or they could have just took their time & put everybody there. DLC should @least have K'. I doubt it tho. They fuked up. I don't see them turning all that huge of a profit w/this one.

Sado22
well, ryo's one of the big boys as far as SNK is conscerned and just cuz you don't care doesn't mean he shouldn't be in the game. the man's been there in EVERY phucking KoF to date and has been one of the most chosen characters in KoF tournaments, games and all that. that's no reason to take out Marco and the fact that Marco's NEVER been in any is probably proof that he's got a smaller following than Ryo.
As for Rock, the dude's 10 years old in KoF timeline. they can't bring him in just cuz its a dream match. he's never been in any of 'em before either and he's only in MI cuz its a different timeline.

so far you're only legit complaint is about K' cuz he's one of the big boys and he should be there I agree. he's also a strong character game vise and he's also a regular at tournaments. so yeah, I agree with you on that one.

and finally, you were the dude who brought in ryo for absolutely no reason when you did....IIRC.

see:

that's hatin, mate.

~Sado

SaTsuJiN
anyone know if terry still has power dunk?.. I hate it when they make it go skyscraper high.. even if you use light version (like kof 2k2 or 2k3, I forget).. I'd much rather have a rising tackle with startup invuln or very very small auto guard

I-Drop
well, ryo's one of the big boys as far as SNK is conscerned and just cuz you don't care doesn't mean he shouldn't be in the game. the man's been there in EVERY phucking KoF to date and has been one of the most chosen characters in KoF tournaments, games and all that. that's no reason to take out Marco and the fact that Marco's NEVER been in any is probably proof that he's got a smaller following than Ryo.
As for Rock, the dude's 10 years old in KoF timeline. they can't bring him in just cuz its a dream match. he's never been in any of 'em before either and he's only in MI cuz its a different timeline.

so far you're only legit complaint is about K' cuz he's one of the big boys and he should be there I agree. he's also a strong character game vise and he's also a regular at tournaments. so yeah, I agree with you on that one.

and finally, you were the dude who brought in ryo for absolutely no reason when you did....IIRC.

see:

that's hatin, mate.

~Sado Nope. That's me talking about somebody in KOF who I feel they'd be better off w/out. Nothing for anybody to go crazy over.

How long has Rock been 10? What year is MOTW supposed to be in? &ALL my complaints are legit. King & Blue Mary should be there instead of these whores that nobody really cares about big grin & it being a dream match means they can bring in Rock. Get rid of rehash & the homo team(@ss Crimson & co) & make room for characters who can fly in the U.S. as well as Japan

Sado22
well, you're not just mentioning ryo tho. ur diccin him too.

2012 iirc.

I-Drop
well, you're not just mentioning ryo tho. ur diccin him too.Huh? I take it you mean I'm "dissing" rehash. confused Uh...Yeah. That's what I do. Where exactly are you going w/this? He's a KOF character & my dissing of him is also me listing my reasons for why I think they should cut him. He's a piece of shit & IMO one of the main reasons we get "King of Biters" comments like the one FON made earlier. rehash suckASSaki is a dirty mark on SNKs reputation for creating original & quality characters. When you take all of SNKs well known main heroes (Kyo, Iori, Terry, Hoahmaru, rehash) from their fighting franchises you end up w/a bunch of original characters & then this waste of space that's waaaay to much like characters from another company. He's the ONLY one the gets spoofed on & out of all of them he's also the LEAST popular. Perhaps there's good reason for that shit. Kyo & Iori are mega popular. Terry's got a very large fanbase.......somehow evil face They still make SS games to this day so we know where Haoh is @. Then we have Mr. Made-of-fail. He don't belong w/the higher-ups. Should NOT be in this game while K' sits this one out. Boooooo! Originally posted by Sado22
2012 iirc. Oh. Then if SNKP makes it to 2012 they better put him in the fvcking game!!!! He still shoulda been in this one if it's storyless.

Sado22
sorry mate, my bad laughing out loud

well, the bit where you called him suckASSaki, said he should be lit on fire and other stuff i don't really remember.

as for the rest, yeah no one ever said he's more popular than the boys you mentioned. but then again, Guile ain't more popular than Charlie but that don't stop capcom from deading Charlie's ass now does it? some things just gotta stick. Ryo's a strong character game wise, was in the top 20's in an a comprehensive all fighting game including poll (ahead of Ryu and Ken btw) and was in the top20 for the SNK polls.

they don't make no FF's either. Does that mean its bad?
believe it or not, AoF2 is number one on my list for best game of all time because it was innovative, original and brought in the features back in 1995 that we can't live with out today. the only reason that game didn't make it big was because it was ahead of its time.....and of course, we have what i call the McDonald effect: the ultimate testament to human stupidity because people claim something is better because it came first despite all other things offering 10x better stuff.

dont' believe me? check this out:
Aof introduced the following features back in 1995 that game "fans" can't live without today, in no particular order:

1. secret bosses
2. double supers (about as much as SF4)
3. dash and backdash
4. air throws
5. facial changes (something SF"ohmygodthisgamesucksballs*4 came up with phucking now!)
6. scrolling cameras and zooms
7. taunts and their effects on the game (in the hands of masters, taunt was an amazing feature as opposed to the USELESS imitations SF and even other SNK games came up with)
8. larger than life characters
9. special intros/comments between ALL characters
10. the characters actually lost items etc when struck. Eiji would lose his mask, John's shades would fly off etc. etc.
11. special animations from being finished off by a special move (something SF still can't get right to date).
12. ability to hit a downed opponet (debuted in AoF3 but i just mentioned it here as credit to AoF series on a whole)
13. the lead heroes had similar fighting styles but different animations and motions so that Robert's koo-hou wasnt jump him jumping further than Ryo laughing out loud (btw, Capcom totally rippedoff or just tried and failed to ripoff most if not all these features in SF. interestingly, by the time SSF2T came out they even made ryu stick to backspins while ken began throwing roundhouses instead...something AoF did back in Aof1)
14. introduced Yuri whom Sakura is a shameless pale imitation of.

oh and I just want to mention that for their endings they actually had them standing and talking like humanbeings...unlike SFA3 where ken's standing in his fighting pose when saying goodbye to Ryu laughing out loud

~Sado

I-Drop
When was the last FF made? When was the last AOF made? There's a FF game in limbo right now IIRC. Might get made they just gotta keep Fagcoon away from it. This stuff you listed doesn't make rehash suck any less. It may make AOF as a series suck less, but that's really not the issue Originally posted by Sado22
well, the bit where you called him suckASSaki, said he should be lit on fire and other stuff i don't really remember. laughing out loud Yep. You're acting like you don't know me or something. I said he should get beat to death & then set on fire. I still don't get where you're going w/this.

Neither of us know enough about these polls for them to mean anything. Neither of us participated, we don't know how they were conducted. I think we went over this. I think rehash was ahead of other cats we know he ain't as popular as as well. IIRC we agreed they didn't mean shit. You have the results for these polls?

Charlie was dead to begin with. Didn't get popular till we saw him in Alpha. I think they brought him back.

P-Geyser
I will say this I agree with you guys on King and Blue Mary. ALWAYS these beautiful gals get the shaft. At least Mary got to make it into KOF MIRA....even in the NGPC game GALS FIGHTERS, the a-holes left out King and Blue Mary but put in Kyo's ugly girlfriend Yuki.

I-Drop
King is getting shafted like a mofo.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>