Omega Flight versus Defenders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/32000/31159/118321-omega-flight_400.jpg versus http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/27000/26333/39820-defenders_400.jpg

Mindset
Defenders.

King_Mungi
I don't know, Guardian is supposed to be quite uber. Still pretty vague though

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by King_Mungi
I don't know, Guardian is supposed to be quite uber. Still pretty vague though Surfer punches him out... shifty

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Surfer punches him out... shifty

pfft..or he calls all the mutant powers he absorbed to aid him shifty. That's what he is doing in Marvel Comics Presents, but we don;t know know his full power.

Mr. Slippyfist
pfft..or he calls all the mutant powers he absorbed to aid him shifty. That's what he is doing in Marvel Comics Presents, but we don;t know know his full power. I read it... but he actually retained all of the powers?

Still noffin to Silverado. shifty

King_Mungi
I read it... but he actually retained all of the powers?

Still noffin to Silverado. shifty

I doubt all, but a good quantity. He was also portrayed in the Omega Flight mini to be superior to Beta Ray Bill shifty

Currently he has shown to be able to absorb new mutants powers with people in the area. Not to sure it's for good or temporally as it hasn't been explained yet

Mindset
BRB is a ***** now then.

Mr. Slippyfist
I doubt all, but a good quantity. He was also portrayed in the Omega Flight mini to be superior to Beta Ray Bill shifty

Currently he has shown to be able to absorb new mutants powers with people in the area. Not to sure it's for good or temporally as it hasn't been explained yet Pfft... Beta punched out Sas, and was about to finish him. B*tch was trying to stop Micheal (friend) from making a mistake...

Moral of the story is, Sassy was a pussy. shifty

---

Still not enough. 131

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Mindset
BRB is a ***** now then.

Errr? and why is that? The person who wrote Stormbreaker ie. Mike Oeming also wrote Omega Flight. Even in the mini it was mentioned a few times he has planet busting attacks erm

King_Mungi
Pfft... Beta punched out Sas, and was about to finish him. B*tch was trying to stop Micheal (friend) from making a mistake...

Moral of the story is, Sassy was a pussy. shifty

Err? punched out Sas? no he didn't, and Walter was mentally unstable too as he was battling in his mind as Tanaraq was casting illusions causing him to have a nervous breakdown

Mindset
I'm just going by Sentry and the collective's interaction.

Sentry wasn't doing too bad against it, and if Guardian has that power then I don't see how he could be stronger than BRB.

Although to be far I haven't seen Guardian in action embarrasment

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm just going by Sentry and the collective's interaction.

Sentry wasn't doing too bad against it, and if Guardian has that power then I don't see how he could be stronger than BRB.

Although to be far I haven't seen Guardian in action embarrasment

It was said the Collective didn't know how to use his powers fully, he really didn't know what he could do. For instance he only learned to fly when someone threw him in the air

xmarksthespot
Meh, the Collective only had a few big name mutants in the mix, the rest were fodder mutants.

Mr. Slippyfist
Err? punched out Sas? no he didn't, and Walter was mentally unstable too as he was battling in his mind as Tanaraq was casting illusions causing him to have a nervous breakdown Sorry... hammered out. As Sas looked pretty KO'ed in the next panel...

Not at that time. Also, Talisman says that he's possessed twice following Sassy's beat down. shifty

Also, as soon as she 'exorcised' the evil out of Sas, everyone lost their power... I'm not so sure it was only illusions Tan was casting... but meh, to each their own.

King_Mungi
Sorry... hammered out. As Sas looked pretty KO'ed in the next panel...

Not at that time. Also, Talisman says that he's possessed twice following Sassy's beat down. shifty

Also, as soon as she 'exorcised' the evil out of Sas, everyone lost their power... I'm not so sure it was only illusions Tan was casting... but meh, to each their own.

He wasn't, as Talisman began talking to him and he started to cry as Tanaraq was casting illusions. Errr? It was said Walter was in control, but tanaraq was causing the illusions. The other times Tanaraq took over Sasquatch, he literally took over as Walter was gone. Here he still had control, but Tanaraq was manipulating what he saw. HUGE difference to what happened in the past

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/?action=view&current=OmegaFlight_5_0011.jpg

Why would Wrecker with Tanaraq powers fair better then Sasquatch with Tanaraq's power? Clearly Walter was fighting his control.

Mr. Slippyfist
He wasn't, as Talisman began talking to him and he started to cry as Tanaraq was casting illusions. Errr? It was said Walter was in control, but tanaraq was causing the illusions. The other times Tanaraq took over Sasquatch, he literally took over as Walter was gone here he still had control, but Tanaraq was manipulating what he saw

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/?action=view&current=OmegaFlight_5_0011.jpg

Why would Wrecker with Tanaraq powes fair more better then Sasquatch with Tanaraq's power? We know Walter was fighting it In the next panel, Sas has his face in the dirt, while Micheal jumps down, and tells Beta what he might do if he touches Sas.

And the no qualms about killing part (from the front page... meh)? It was stated he was possessed, and that Talisman had to make him fight it.

You know, it is possible that with different writers, comes different interpretations...

What exactly did Talisman throw into her bag? Illusions?

He didn't. In fact, he only got a cheap shot on Beta. Otherwise, he got tossed away pretty easily. And Beta was absolutely pissed by the time he got to Sas.
And I don't know about you, but I don't think Sas is really going to effect a pissed of Beta...

---

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/OmegaFlight04page22.jpg

Like I said... meh.

King_Mungi
I'm just going by what she said.

And the no qualms about killing part (from the front page... meh)? It was stated he was possessed, and that Talisman had to make him fight it.

You know, it is possible that with different writers, comes different interpretations...

What exactly did Talisman throw into her bag? Illusions?

He didn't. In fact, he only got a cheap shot on Beta. Otherwise, he got tossed away pretty easily. And Beta was absolutely pissed by the time he got to Sas.
And I don't know about you, but I don't think Sas is really going to effect a pissed of Beta...

---

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/OmegaFlight04page22.jpg

Like I said... meh.

As am I, and what was shown in that mini and in the past erm

Tanaraq possessed him, but it wasn't like before were Walter actually became Tanaraq himself. If you read the other times this happened you know it would be drastically different. Tanaraq ALWAYS has a influence over Walter. Hell, Snowbird became possessd by Tanaraq merely for taking his form. However, those times they literally became Tanaraq, here it clearly showed Tanaraq DID not take full control, and was manipulating his will. As shown and stated erm

WHHHHAAA? He got a cheap shot on Beta? please reread the issue as it was Beta who first sneak attacked Sasquatch erm. Also why wouldn't he? as Wrecker did, and he doesn't have a full connection to Tanaraq like Sasquatch does.

and like I said the other times he did it were completly different to what he did in Omega Flight. Vastly different

Mr. Slippyfist
As am I, and what was shown in that mini and in the past erm

Tanaraq possessed him, but it wasn't like before were Walter actually became Tanaraq himself. If you read the other times this happened you know it would be drastically different. Tanaraq ALWAYS has a influence over Walter. Hell, Snowbird became possessd by Tanaraq merely for taking his form. However, those times they literally became Tanaraq, here it clearly showed Tanaraq DID not take full control, and was manipulating his will. As shown and stated erm

WHHHHAAA? He got a cheap shot on Beta? please reread the issue as it was Beta who first sneak attacked Sasquatch erm. Edit.

"We've seen this before! He's possessed by the Great Beasts!"
Which means, that either she's talking about the last time they saw Sassy, or the last time Tan took over...

And yes, I know other times are different, but it seems Oeming has his own view on the subject...

I'm talking about Wrecker cheap shotting Beta. wink

Also why wouldn't he? as Wrecker did, and he doesn't have a full connection to Tanaraq like Sasquatch does.

and like I said the other times he did it were completly different to what he did in Omega Flight. Vastly different Because Wrecker was powered up in the story.
Sassy, judging by what you said, is at normal power, but was only illusioned into believing stuff.
Therefore meaning that regular Sassy would have been the one taking planet destroying hits, and hurting Beta... ermm
While powered up Wrecker was tossed away, and only won through cheapshot.

Yes, I know.

---

Also, what did Talisman put into the bag here:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/OmegaFlight05page10.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/OmegaFlight05page11.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/OmegaFlight05page12.jpg

King_Mungi
Edit.

"We've seen this before! He's possessed by the Great Beasts!"
Which means, that either she's talking about the last time they saw Sassy, or the last time Tan took over...

And yes, I know other times are different, but it seems Oeming has his own view on the subject...

I'm talking about Wrecker cheap shotting Beta. wink

Because Wrecker was powered up in the story.
Sassy, judging by what you said, is at normal power, but was only illusioned into believing stuff.
Therefore meaning that regular Sassy would have been the one taking planet destroying hits, and hurting Beta.
While powered up Wrecker was tossed away, and only won through cheapshot.

Yes, I know.

---

Also, what did Talisman put into the bag here:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/OmegaFlight05page10.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/OmegaFlight05page11.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/OmegaFlight05page12.jpg

Talisman wasn't around half the time Walter got took over. So yeah she is talking out of her ass. Uuuuuuh...read the other times Tanaraq took over it's drastically different. Spider-Woman made reference he got possessed twice before , but she was never seen it before.

Errr...how did he say otherwise? All he shown was Walter possessed and Tanaraq creating illusions. While other times it was directly stated multiple times Walter actually became Tanaraq himself. Oeming never gave a different take on his past encounters , he had a different take on what happened in the mini

Really wasn't a cheap shot as they were even and then he blew his power destroying the army and then Wrecker pounded him so more. So why would Sasquatch go down faster when he has the dirrect link? as noted by Talisman Walter was fighting it

Regular Sasquatch without Tanaraq directly in control can become stronger via rage or pain. He can increase his strength, and Sasquatch took a hit from Thor before during a Infinity War tie-in and was fine

Talisman put Tanaraq's essence into the bag. Tanaraq did NOT have full control over Walter as stated and shown.

Mr. Slippyfist
Talisman wasn't around half the time Walter got took over. So yeah she is talking out of her ass. Uuuuuuh...read the other times Tanaraq took over it's drastically different. Spider-Woman made reference he got possessed twice before , but she was never seen it before.

Errr...how did he say otherwise? All he shown was Walter possessed and Tanaraq creating illusions. While other times it was directly stated multiple times Walter actually became Tanaraq himself. Oeming never gave a different take on his past encounters , he had a different take on what happened in the mini

Really wasn't a cheap shot as they were even and then he blew his power destroying the army and then Wrecker pounded him so more. So why would Sasquatch go down faster when he has the dirrect link? as noted by Talisman Walter was fighting it

Regular Sasquatch without Tanaraq directly in control can become stronger via rage or pain. He can increase his strength, and Sasquatch took a hit from Thor before during a Infinity War tie-in and was fine

Talisman put Tanaraq's essence into the bag. Tanaraq did NOT have full control over Walter as stated and shown. And if she's even around once? Is that not enough to see what's happening?
And what about this:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/OmegaFlight05page02.jpg

What do you mean by Oeming never gave different takes? Did he write the previous times Sas got possessed or something?
So, if he had a different take... then doesn't that say it all right there?

Wrecker came out of nowhere, and hit him...

Because Sas was operating at his normal capabilities (what is within his realm to control, without a power up) according to you, right? Apparently he wasn't powered up. We know for a fact that Wrecker was.

I know. Thor holds back. Beta was pissed.
I can't see 'normal' Sas taking angry blows from Beta and getting up a couple panels later... I just can't. Thor more than Beta (because he has more feats) has skyfather bashing attacks with his hammer when he's pissed. Written under the same writer, Beta cracked Galactus's head case, and was crushing planets...

And Tan's essence would be in Sas... because (yes, I know it's always on him, but Walter turned into Sas right after that... needs a lot of explaining me thinks)?

Yes, I know.

Bed.

King_Mungi
And if she's even around once? Is that not enough to see what's happening?
And what about this:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/OmegaFlight05page02.jpg

What do you mean by Oeming never gave different takes? Did he write the previous times Sas got possessed or something?
So, if he had a different take... then doesn't that say it all right there?

Wrecker came out of nowhere, and hit him...

Because Sas was operating at his normal capabilities (what is within his realm to control, without a power up) according to you, right? Apparently he wasn't powered up. We know for a fact that Wrecker was.

I know. Thor holds back. Beta was pissed.
I can't see 'normal' Sas taking angry blows from Beta and getting up a couple panels later... I just can't. Thor more than Beta (because he has more feats) has skyfather bashing attacks with his hammer when he's pissed. Written under the same writer, Beta cracked Galactus's head case, and was crushing planets...

And Tan's essence would be in Sas... because (yes, I know it's always on him, but Walter turned into Sas right after that... needs a lot of explaining me thinks)?

Yeah once , and in that one time Walter became Tanaraq himself as in becoming the Elder God and granted powers he never had before. Here, he didn't show anything new and we saw and stated Tanaraq was not in control. His essence possessed Walter, but as we saw Tanaraq was manipulating Sasquatch mind making it seem his friends were evil and that's why he had no problem with killing

Soooo did he make reference to the previous times and retconning what happened? No, and never was that even mentioned. All they said he was possessed in the past , but the other times were drastically different. Oeming didn't retcon anything, nor was this said or even implied erm

No he didn't, Bill was on the ground and Wrecker walked up to him and hit him.

Yeah, but in his regular powers he can become stronger without becoming Tanaraq. While Sasquatch has shown to go toe to toe with pissed off class 100 brutes and was fine.

Thor was pissed too, and why not? He took blows from Hercules and he literally shrugged them off. Sasquatch as I noted can become stronger with the more rage or pain he experiences, your not giving him much credit.

Tanaraq was supposed to be dead in vol.1, but it was revealed even Snowbird had a Tanaraq link merely just taking his form. The true Tanaraq or all his powers is not gone or else Sasquatch could not retransform

Starscream M
bump

Bouboumaster
I go with the defenders.

Talisman is good, but not good enough (for now) to be the proper answer to Strange.

And he's not the main threat: The main threat is the Silver Surfer. BRB statlemated Stardust, this is... an incredible feat. But Surfer is over this. Surfer is the factor that would annhilate Omega Flight.
Hulk would ultimatly overpower Sasquash. And Namor, well... He kick the ass of the last remeners.

Defenders 8/10.
I give two to Omega Flight, depending on Michael Pointer's powers.

Nihilist
omega flight all die off panel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.