Havok (Sun Dipped) Vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Da Pittman
Well we have seen that Havok gets a major power boost when dipped in a star and beat the crap out of Vulcan, do you think he could take out the big green machine?

Da Pittman
3 votes and no comments messed

llagrok
Havok kills 'im.

Galan007
Havok can sundip? I didn't know that...

Scans? 313

Endrict Nuul
He can but does he get super strength, speed and durability???

llagrok
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
He can but does he get super strength, speed and durability???

Nope.

Fortunately all he has to do is direct his hands at Huc.

Da Pittman

Galan007

Mr. Slippyfist
I really doubt Havok will win.

HandOfFate
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
I really doubt Havok will win.

IIRC, Havok has beat the Hulk twice. AAMOF, I just saw the scan a couple of days ago.....somewhere.

Let me see if I can find them. big grin

Papa Smurph
Hulk would win.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Galan007
doh

Here it is:

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1854/havok1qg0.th.jpg http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9925/havok2yu5.th.jpg http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4409/havok3qt9.th.jpg

Dialogue makes it seem like Vulcan was sundipped. Hulk wins because Havok starts off dead.

HandOfFate
http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/080214040845/Havok%20vs%20Hulk%2001.jpg

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/080214040845/Havok%20vs%20Hulk%2002.jpg

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Dialogue makes it seem like Vulcan was sundipped. Hulk wins because Havok starts off dead. confused

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Da Pittman
confused

Vulcan is speaking for those first two panels isn't he?

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Vulcan is speaking for those first two panels isn't he? no I can see how you can view it that way but the panel before it makes it clear.

guy222
Is this WWH

Da Pittman
Originally posted by guy222
Is this WWH Is there really a difference? The only difference would be starting strength, IMO.

guy222
Yes. WWH is the strongest incarnation of the Hulk. Rumor still has it Hulk will sock a Watcher

WWH FTW

Da Pittman

Galan007
Rumor still has it Hulk will sock a Watcher none

guy222

guy222
none

Be nice to see the Tall Bald guy knocked on his *** big grin

llagrok
Be nice to see the Tall Bald guy knocked on his *** big grin

Lunatik kicked a Watcher in the nads cool

Da Pittman
and the strongest How can he be stronger when Hulk has unlimited strength? confused

guy222
strongest incarnation

Galan007
Originally posted by llagrok
Lunatik kicked a Watcher in the nads cool laughing out loud seriously?

You have the scan?

Da Pittman
strongest incarnation This is the point, how can this be the strongest incarnation when the Hulk has unlimited strength? The only difference is that Hulk is staying at a higher level of anger so therefore he is stronger. If the classic Hulk stayed all ticked off he would be just as strong as WWH, both have unlimited potential based on their level of anger to have unlimited strength.

tkitna
I never bought into the unlimited strength hype. A person can only get so mad before he pops and has a coronary.

Havok wins

Da Pittman
Originally posted by tkitna
I never bought into the unlimited strength hype. A person can only get so mad before he pops and has a coronary.

Havok wins Problem would be is that he would instantly heal laughing

Mr. Slippyfist
laughing out loud seriously?

You have the scan?
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/MCP175p14.jpg

tkitna
Problem would be is that he would instantly heal laughing

Yeah, I know.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/MCP175p14.jpg laughing

The artwork is fantastic though. ermmnone

norrinradd43
I always knew Havok had great potential...

Mindset
This is the point, how can this be the strongest incarnation when the Hulk has unlimited strength? The only difference is that Hulk is staying at a higher level of anger so therefore he is stronger. If the classic Hulk stayed all ticked off he would be just as strong as WWH, both have unlimited potential based on their level of anger to have unlimited strength.

He was supposed to be the strongest Hulk thus far.

Da Pittman

Mindset

Da Pittman

psycho gundam

Da Pittman

psycho gundam
the incarnations are a physical manifestation of his multiple personality syndrome or something. sure they all have infinite potential but some start off lower on the scale.

psycho gundam
i don't alex taking a hulk shot, amped or not and living

jks
what can havok do to him that he cant rapidly heal from?

janus77

ultimatethor
Hulk wins

Da Pittman

janus77

llagrok
I think it's pretty impressive for people to physically stalemate the Hulk, if he has limitless strength.

Da Pittman

janus77

Da Pittman

ultimatethor

Da Pittman
That is what I just said, for the duration of the War he was mad but after it was over he calmed down and reverted back to normal. For me a base level of a character is at a rested state so WWH is not a base level for the character.

Mindset
That is what I just said, for the duration of the War he was mad but after it was over he calmed down and reverted back to normal. For me a base level of a character is at a rested state so WWH is not a base level for the character.

So base level to you is Banner?

Right...

janus77
effectively there are different base-levels to different incarnations of Hulk, even though they are ultimately the one being.

Savage has a higher base-level than Fixit, Grey has a lower one than Professor ... WWH is just yet another point on the mental-map of Hulk-Banner... a point where the Banner aspect was more or less in-tune with the Hulk aspect, and he freely swapped out personae with no drop in power or anger.

in fact, this had been coming all throughout the 300s, for instance when Banner KO'd abomination (that's right, Banner), with a sort of general meeting of the 'minds' inside of Hulk/Banner.

so now, with the increased incentive, Hulk/Banner just opened up the tap on that infinite energy a little more, and the result is that his base level is well beyond anything any prior Hulk had. though, as said earlier, the potential for them all remains the same.

Da Pittman

janus77

Da Pittman

Mindset
You know Banner can turn into Hulk w/o having to be mad right?

On Sakaar he showed Caiera his Banner form then changed back.

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Mindset
You know Banner can turn into Hulk w/o having to be mad right?

On Sakaar he showed Caiera his Banner form then changed back. I was speaking generally, there are to many different version to be 100% accurate.

janus77

Da Pittman
Originally posted by janus77
there's a difference that's quite crucial, between your "sun-dipped" scenario and Hulk's increased base-levels. it's that those are external forces feeding energy into the being, empowering him to new levels. like Surfer taking in cosmic energy in preparation for some monumental feat.

Hulk is not taking in any external energy, merely opening up the tap a little on his own energies. he is the source.

the thing about his mental disposition is that it applies to all characters, more or less, in that they fight harder when they're angry/vengeful, than when they're just not interested. WWH is just that, a cold anger. it just means that he doesn't bottle up the energies quite so much, that he does let it out more... but it's not like he wouldn't anyway, once in a fight... which is the key difference between that and the example you gave. If I remember correctly Hulk taps into an external power source for his strength, however my example is not to show a complete comparison but and example that both use an outside stimulant to boost themselves. As for Hulk he basically flips the switch that allows him more power, because of his currently mind set this has become easier for him. If the other is true and he is the source then his base level or strength would be unlimited and that he has to control it or by limitations of his mind and body inhibits the release of the power.

janus77
I meant external in the sense that the powersource is not an innate feature of the character, hence sun-dipping or say upgraded armour.

Hulk basically is the 'nexus' through which the energies flow, as The Beyonder said, they're "in him" ... which is only possible in weird multi-dimensional physics. Hulk inhibits the amount of power released, at least that's how it seems, since at World Breaker levels he was clearly failing to contain the powers, as he did for a spell during the Heroes Reborn saga.

Da Pittman

janus77

Da Pittman
exactly, less limited.
I guess it's a case of "glass half full or half empty", both are valid ways of describing it. I'm more of "its in the middle" kind of guy stick out tongue

janus77
I'm more of "its in the middle" kind of guy stick out tongue
*smashes glass, picks up sharp segment*
you what? evil face

Da Pittman
*smashes glass, picks up sharp segment*
you what? evil face You silly man bring a shard of glass to a gun fight pitt_guns

janus77
You silly man bring a shard of glass to a gun fight pitt_guns
Happy Dance does that help?
confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.