Was Kreia Right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

caedusrulesall
First off: Keep this in-universe, please...

Second off: This is different from the "What would SW be without the Jedi" topic, since this is more of a "would it be better" thing as well as being more in-universe. No offense to anyone in the other topic, of course.

As we look at SW we notice that its plotlines are dominated by war. Out-of-universe we know that this is to make people want to watch/buy/read it, but in-universe we notice a startlingly different reason.

All, or at least most, wars are caused, in some way, by the Force.

It can be the Force itself manipulating people, or people using the Force to prolong wars, or people fighting because they have different views on the Force (e.g. Jedi fighting Sith). Every war seems to have the Force involved in it, and through this we can draw the conclusion that since wars make the Galaxy a worse place, the Force makes the Galaxy a worse place by being the cause of these wars.

So I pose the question: Was Kreia right?

For those of you that don't know, Kreia (aka Darth Traya) wanted to destroy the Force itself. I can't remember why, but she did. But now ask yourself: was Kreia right? Would the Galaxy be a better place without the Force? No Jedi fighting Sith, no Sith slaughtering scores of people through the Force, no Jedi lording their abilities over normal people? No Dark Side corrupting and killing, but no Light Side sitting around and waiting to be used either? Without the Force, the Jedi, and the Sith, would the Galaxy not be a much better, more equal, and above all, more peaceful place for people of all species to live their lives in? No killing, no mystic abilities, less wars, and above all, no automatic elevation of some people over others just because they are Force-Sensitive?

True, Obi-Wan said it held the Galaxy together, but we've found that he was saying that in a figurative sense. We've also found out that the Yuuzhan Vong, who, in a weird way, have no Force, also, although in their own twisted ways, can survive perfectly well without the Force.

So I pose the question once more: was Kreia right? Would the Galaxy be better for all without the Force?

Think deeply, then post your answers.

Elite Hunter
No who would have stopped the vong?

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
No who would have stopped the vong?

Pro-invasion Supreme Overlord Shimrra was manipulated into removing from power the anti-invasion Supreme Overlord Quoreal by the Force-Sensitive Vong, Onimi. Without the Force, how could he have done that? (Although, admittedly, part of Onimi's powers were from yammosk tissue in his brain.)

Also, somewhere in The Unifying Force it says that the reason the Vong destroyed their original homeworld (and thus had to come invade the Galaxy) was because the original homeworld cut them off from the Force, which angered them. So, no Force, no Sever Force, no angry Vong, happy Vong still on original Vong homeworld?

Plus if the Vong did come the inhabitants of the Galaxy could kill them if they had a big enough fleet.

But for the purposes of this thread let's look at the Galaxy that we all know and love and its inhabitants only.

Elite Hunter
I'm pretty sure the vong's planet was destroyed a long time ago. We have the incident with canderous too which happened before the force would have been destroyed.

If the vong were to come then there would be no grand fleet because there most likely would not have been the clone wars or the galactic civil war which caused massive fleets to be created.

caedusrulesall
I'm pretty sure the vong's planet was destroyed a long time ago. We have the incident with canderous too which happened before the force would have been destroyed.

Sorry I need to clarify. I didn't mean would it be better if Kreia had destroyed the Force, I meant would it be better if the Force had never existed in the first place. Sorry 'bout that, I was just using Kreia's goals as an example.

If the vong were to come then there would be no grand fleet because there most likely would not have been the clone wars or the galactic civil war which caused massive fleets to be created.

Good point.

Darth Exodus
It would be a nicer place yes.

Dull though.

Lord Knightfa11
it wouldnt be as great of a story. (im letting off a little on the word "epic" as you noobs dont seem to know what that means)

The mandalorians would have the first galactic empire...

then you have a very warlike tribe whos obsession is for glory in war (my sources for this come from an edition of "star wars insider"--No Word for Hero.) Just this would have alot of warring between species, the weaker getting crushed by the stronger. so... without the jedi, better? no, worse in story, and worse in-universe.

The big EH
Originally posted by caedusrulesall
Pro-invasion Supreme Overlord Shimrra was manipulated into removing from power the anti-invasion Supreme Overlord Quoreal by the Force-Sensitive Vong, Onimi. Without the Force, how could he have done that? (Although, admittedly, part of Onimi's powers were from yammosk tissue in his brain.)

Also, somewhere in The Unifying Force it says that the reason the Vong destroyed their original homeworld (and thus had to come invade the Galaxy) was because the original homeworld cut them off from the Force, which angered them. So, no Force, no Sever Force, no angry Vong, happy Vong still on original Vong homeworld?

Plus if the Vong did come the inhabitants of the Galaxy could kill them if they had a big enough fleet.

But for the purposes of this thread let's look at the Galaxy that we all know and love and its inhabitants only. actually their world was destroyed and then they lost the force

Tangible God
Since the actual invasion of the galaxy by the Vong wasn't caused by Force involvement, we can rule that biggie out.

Then the Ssi-Ruuvi. I can't recall anything about the Force in there.

The initial Mandalorian invasion. Though it involved Force-users, I again can't recall the Force having kick-started that doozy.

Would the Dark Nest Crisis be in this category? Again, no recollection of the Force in that one.

But otherwise yes, Kreia was right. The Galaxy would have been way better off without a weapon as powerful as the Force at anyone's disposal.

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by Tangible God

Would the Dark Nest Crisis be in this category? Again, no recollection of the Force in that one.

Actually, yes, it would. The reason the Killiks began pushing up against Chiss space was because of the Dark Nest, which was created when the Killiks absorbed Lomi Plo and Welk, taking on their characteristics as they do with any Force-Sensitive. If they had simply been normal Joiners, the Gorog would not have taken on their characteristics of hiding, vengeance, violence etc. and the Colony would not have been created.

Tangible God
Ah, well there you go then.

Spartan XXIII
Well, in theory, the Force itself is not exactly bad. It's just that some people misuse it, often for their own personal gain.

ThoraxeRMG
I doubt Kreia knew or foreseen that creatures like the Vong ever existied.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Spartan XXIII
Well, in theory, the Force itself is not exactly bad. It's just that some people misuse it, often for their own personal gain. If the Force was just there, then that'd be great. It's when sentients use it that violence occurs.

LORD JLRTENJAC
True.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.