Zeitgeist - The Bible is a zodialogical text used to enslave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Goodness Gracious.

I just watched the dvd, the part about religion and the Bible. It has completely perplexed my thought of the bible.

It basically shows how the Bible is nothing more than a zodialogical text taken from intricate mathematical and astrological Egyptian practice. It pointed to so much hard evidence that it couldn't be refuted.

I now question my faith and belief in God.

wow things like 12 disciples = 12 signs of the zodiac and even more. !2's all over the bible. 12 judges of Israel, 12 princes of Israel, 12 OT Prophets, Temple 12, the 12 tribes. and more. And how the story of being born on Dec. 25 born to a virgin mother, performing miracles and teaching at 30. Crucifixion, buried for 3 days and resurrected can be attributed to dozens and dozens of other figures that lived way before Jesus and how it's all only astrological and that's it..The sun is jesus and the other figures. The sun resurrects and gives life, like why do you think you see a circle on crosses. People have been told it's a Halo to disguise the fact that it's the sun really. wow How on Dec. 22,23,24, the sun stays on the same spot every day and rises up on the 3rd day for the spring equinox, giving life. How the ten commandment were taken outright from spell 125 in the Egyptian book of the dead.

And there's more too....Ive never seen anything like it. I held my mouth agape for 2 minutes after watching the thing. That religion has been used to instill fear and money extraction only from the dumbfounded masses. And there really is no jesus and god.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kla-BcN8...feature=related

this dvd also talks about the federal reserve and men of power. I'm still watching it now.

Deano
this has been posted before. it is a great dvd imo and although it has a few inaccuracies, the main message is great.

we dont need zeitgeist to tell us that the world is backwards and that religions are designed to divide and rule us.

what we do need to do is realise that we are all one and that we are one with 'god'. And god is everything.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Deano
this has been posted before. it is a great dvd imo and although it has a few inaccuracies, the main message is great.

we dont need zeitgeist to tell us that the world is backwards and that religions are designed to divide and rule us.

what we do need to do is realise that we are all one and that we are one with 'god'. And god is everything. I agree. We are all one with everything.

NuclearWinter
Originally posted by Deano

what we do need to do is realise that we are all one and that we are one with 'god'. And god is everything.

Hey Deano, just wondering, but what exactly was the inaccuracies?

Katsu
The Bible contains a lot of spiritual truths, not everything in there is a lie. There is some astrology hidden in there but thats only a small part. Most of the Bible consists of occult crap hidden from the profane by writing in esoteric code. You can even find some magic spells in there!

PS Just out of curiosity.....Fist of the North do you happen to be a satan worshipper?

-You quote Nietzche, a well known atheist trying to "murder" God with science and logic........also the one who inspired Nazism/Fascism.

-You have a pentagram in your avatar a black and red pentagram at that big grin

-You open a topic about Zeitgeist, a movie with many many blatant lies in it (half of the mythology in there is made up). A satanist wouldnt mind an atheist world.

Blue_Hefner
I watched this too. I am not saying that information is false or anything, but if God was real (not saying that he isn't), this would be a great way for the devil to control people.

willofthewisp
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Goodness Gracious.

I just watched the dvd, the part about religion and the Bible. It has completely perplexed my thought of the bible.

It basically shows how the Bible is nothing more than a zodialogical text taken from intricate mathematical and astrological Egyptian practice. It pointed to so much hard evidence that it couldn't be refuted.

I now question my faith and belief in God.

wow things like 12 disciples = 12 signs of the zodiac and even more. !2's all over the bible. 12 judges of Israel, 12 princes of Israel, 12 OT Prophets, Temple 12, the 12 tribes. and more. And how the story of being born on Dec. 25 born to a virgin mother, performing miracles and teaching at 30. Crucifixion, buried for 3 days and resurrected can be attributed to dozens and dozens of other figures that lived way before Jesus and how it's all only astrological and that's it..The sun is jesus and the other figures. The sun resurrects and gives life, like why do you think you see a circle on crosses. People have been told it's a Halo to disguise the fact that it's the sun really. wow How on Dec. 22,23,24, the sun stays on the same spot every day and rises up on the 3rd day for the spring equinox, giving life. How the ten commandment were taken outright from spell 125 in the Egyptian book of the dead.

And there's more too....Ive never seen anything like it. I held my mouth agape for 2 minutes after watching the thing. That religion has been used to instill fear and money extraction only from the dumbfounded masses. And there really is no jesus and god.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kla-BcN8...feature=related

this dvd also talks about the federal reserve and men of power. I'm still watching it now.

Don't you have to believe in astrology for this stuff to really have an impact? Don't you have to believe numbers have a hidden meaning in general to apply them to anything? I'm not going to debunk a video I haven't seen, but I enjoy studying the Bible from a religious as well as nonreligious standpoint and am interested in the history of Christianity. The reason Christmas is celebrated on Dec 25 is so it would coincide with the pagan celebrations around that time. Things like exchanging gifts and Yule logs stem from pagan rituals too. It doesn't make the claim Jesus was never born, but he wasn't necessarily born on Dec 25, and assigning new meaning to older rituals helped ease the conversion process of the pagans to Christianity. The same can be said for Easter, the date being based on the moon.

The story of Jesus is similar to the story of Osiris in Egyptian mythology, if that's what it's talking about, but Christianity is unique in the fact that Jesus chose to die and his resurrection promises life to people. The Mayan, Egyptian, and Greek myths have their gods "murdered" in some way and resurrected, but it isn't for the people's salvation. Before you decide to renounce your faith, you have to look at the video you're watching with as critical an eye as you would have reading the Bible or listening to someone speak. Every source has its bias and you need to think for yourself as to how credible something is along with listening to your heart to see if you recognize truth.

Since many people have overthrown their governments with religion as a motive, I don't see how religion is something made to keep people in line or close their minds.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Don't you have to believe in astrology for this stuff to really have an impact? Don't you have to believe numbers have a hidden meaning in general to apply them to anything? I'm not going to debunk a video I haven't seen, but I enjoy studying the Bible from a religious as well as nonreligious standpoint and am interested in the history of Christianity. The reason Christmas is celebrated on Dec 25 is so it would coincide with the pagan celebrations around that time. Things like exchanging gifts and Yule logs stem from pagan rituals too. It doesn't make the claim Jesus was never born, but he wasn't necessarily born on Dec 25, and assigning new meaning to older rituals helped ease the conversion process of the pagans to Christianity. The same can be said for Easter, the date being based on the moon.

If you believed and knew Astrology you would realize the video is all rubbish.

The story of Jesus is similar to the story of Osiris in Egyptian mythology,

No it is not.

if that's what it's talking about, but Christianity is unique in the fact that Jesus chose to die and his resurrection promises life to people. The Mayan, Egyptian, and Greek myths have their gods "murdered" in some way and resurrected, but it isn't for the people's salvation. Before you decide to renounce your faith, you have to look at the video you're watching with as critical an eye as you would have reading the Bible or listening to someone speak. Every source has its bias and you need to think for yourself as to how credible something is along with listening to your heart to see if you recognize truth.

Since many people have overthrown their governments with religion as a motive, I don't see how religion is something made to keep people in line or close their minds.

Indeed

Grand_Moff_Gav
The first part is fairly accurate, but when he begins talking about stars, there is something I would like to call into question. He claims that they "catalogued celestial groups", while this is true for some civilizations, others such as the Inca, actually categorized the dark spots, not the stars themselves.

The above statement implies that constellations and the zodiac have always been connected -- and that there have been just twelve. While the zodiac's exact origins are unknown, the oldest known zodiacs do not have exactly 12 signs and thus conclusions drawn to this cannot be trusted. For example, the Babylonian zodiac originally consisted of 18 signs and the Mayan Zodiac consisted of twenty . While the Egyptian and Greek zodiacs do contain 12 signs, I thought it important to mention that the 12 signs are not some undeniable truth that can easily be recognized by all civilizations. In fact there are actually 13 constellations the sun passes through, the missing one is Ophiuchus, which is not counted by modern astrologers, for some reason

The sun was not the creator god in all cultures, but rather only a few. While the sun was widely worshipped, but more often than not, most religions believed the earth was given birth to (along side the sun and moon) by a different God, or in some cases the earth is the back of a giant turtle. This is hardly something that can be seen through most religions, and is a bit of a stretch. The whole purpose of saying "God's Sun, the light of the world, the savior of human kind", is to later setup for a comparison for Jesus, and as I will explain later on in this article, is completely inaccurate. And something else further makes little sense here, if the Sun itself is God and the creator, why would they refer to it as "God's Sun", implying that the sun is not the God? Also as I mention at the bottom of this article, there was a a segment cut out that said "God's Sun = God's Son", and this is also inaccurate, because they are similar only in English -- and the bible was not written in English. I feel like this part is still a setup because it is still implying that God's Sun is the same as God's Son, even though the connection is impossible.

At this time, he was the god of the sky, and Ra was the god of the sun. Perhaps inevitable, since he was the sky, eventually the moon and the sun were considered his eyes. At this point he was known as Heru-khuti, and by-and-by he was combined with Ra as the god "Re-Horakhty". While there was a battle between Set and Horus, it was hardly every night. In fact, the battle really only happened once, and had more to do with testicles and seamen than night and day (seriously).

In fact day and night in Egyptian Mythology was much more complicated than the film suggests. The goddess of the sky was called Nut (or Nuit), her name also means "night". At dusk she would swallow Ra, the son god, and he would stay in her uterus until morning when he would be reborn. She wore a blue dress that was covered in stars . Set was the God of the desert, primarily because Horus cut off one of his testicles and he became "infertile like the desert". At this time, Set was not considered evil, it was not until around 100 A.D. that the Romans in Egypt turned Set into a demonic figure

Horus was not born on December 25th, he was born on the 5th day of the "Epagomenal Days", which does not even take place in December on the modern or ancient calendars, but rather between August 24th and 28th, but in terms of the rising of Sirius (August 4), they are July 30th through August 3rd. His mother was also not a virgin. Horus's father was Osiris, who was killed by his brother Seth. Isis used a spell to bring him back to life for a short time so they could have sex, in which they conceived Horus.

I, as well as several others, as well as several Egyptologists you can find on the Internet, know of no reference anywhere to a "star in the east" or "three kings" and "new-born savior"; it is simply made up. I cannot find any source or information proving he was a "teacher when he was 12 years old", that he was baptized at age 30, that he walked on water (but on the Internet, I did find several places that suggest he was "thrown in the water", but I have no direct source at this time for that). More so, I cannot find any evidence he was referred to as "The Truth", "The Light", Lamb of God", "the Good Shepherd", etc.

Also lacking is any evidence that he was betrayed by Typhon. In fact, Horus never died, at any time, he later merges with the sun god, Ra -- but never dies and certainly never is crucified, and therefore could not have been buried for 3 days and resurrected. If you want to look it up yourself, you can find documentation of Horus and Isis and Osiris here and here . All of these things can be found in the book discussed below, but nowhere outside the book (that doesn't quote said book itself).

Zeitgeist, the movie did not make this up originally, you can find several places on the Internet that make such claims, but there are no sources or suggestions as to where this information came from. It is highly possible all this originates from The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold - If you read the Amazon reviews, you can find that a lot of people who point out how the information is completely unsourced . I went to Barnes and Nobel and actually found this book in the Christianity section and I sat down with my wife and read through it while she had some coffee. Needless to say it was completely unsourced and was like reading much the other "Christianity Conspiracy" books out there. So, if these claims all originate from this book, there's absolutely no evidence for it . I should note that this book is used as a "source" in Zeitgeist, the movie . And it is worth pointing out the title is only one word away from the title of this part of the movie "The Greatest Story Ever Sold" vs "The Greatest Story Ever Told".

Horus did not have 12 disciples, rather he had four semi-divine disciples called "heru-shemsu" (followers of Horus) . He did have 16 human followers . One can also find reference to an unnumbered group of followers called the Mesniu (blacksmiths) who accompanied Horus into some of his battles, but no where can 12 of anything be found .

Grand_Moff_Gav
Well, as read above, these attributes really are not original. It seems kind of obvious to say that such myths would permeate many cultures of the world -- generally because the claims made by the film, such as a sun god, good and evil, and so forth are things most cultures have believed in.

The film goes on to describe other Gods and Goddesses with similar backgrounds. We will talk about these one at a time.

This explanation is not only over simplified, but inaccurate. Attis was not necessarily born of a virgin (because it does not say whether or not his mother is a virgin), in fact Attis was born of Nana after she ate the fruit of an almond tree which had been grown from the blood of either Agdistis or Cybele. Attis was worshipped as the God of vegetation, responsible for death and rebirth of plant life. It was thought that each winter he died and in the spring he was reborn. Each spring his resurrection would be celebrated. It goes without saying that spring does not take place in December, nor is the change of seasons crucifixion, there is no mention of any tombs anywhere, and seeing how he is dead all winter, it goes without saying that winter is longer than 3 days

And it goes on...

The rest of the article challenging word by word of the film can be found here http://www.conspiracyscience.com/ar...geist/part-one/

It goes on to discuss the 9/11 and Federal Reserve stuff...good work from some bloke who just doesn't care much for conspiracy theories.

willofthewisp
Grand Moff, I won't argue petty points with you, but you do see we are saying the same thing, right? That even this "eye-opening" video has to be examined and not taken at face value.

I am very familiar with astrology and don't believe a word of it. cool That was what I was addressing from the first post, that places all this significance on the numbers, but for that to be valid, one has to be a believer in numerology.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Grand Moff, I won't argue petty points with you, but you do see we are saying the same thing, right? That even this "eye-opening" video has to be examined and not taken at face value.

I am very familiar with astrology and don't believe a word of it. cool That was what I was addressing from the first post, that places all this significance on the numbers, but for that to be valid, one has to be a believer in numerology.

I wasn't arguing with you...my response wasn't directed at you but the thread starter.

willofthewisp
My mistake. embarrasment

Classic NES
Good job grand on refuting the Acharya S/Jordan Maxwell BS astrology.

Bat Dude
Well, I saw the Federal Reserve part of it on YouTube, and that has officially gone in my highly recommended "truth vid batch" with the Aaron Russo interview and Endgame...

But, tbh, I still believe in God... It won't hurt me to believe in God... It's not a disease... I don't have to be a fanatic, though... I don't need to tell people how to live (if someone wants to make love with their girlfriend and they're not married, that's ok with me)

Grand_Moff_Gav
Well...it all depends if your Christian or not.

Classic NES
Zeitgeist is crap just like Loose change and any other mainstream truth cult crap video.

Vim
Humans need something bigger than themselves to aspire to.

Its a hidden psychological need.

I have observed that since they are no angels, demons, gods, devils, spirits, ghosts, that there is little magic left to our world.

It is a cold, logical thing based intrinsically on science.

Nothing spiritual about it in the least.

Based on my own 25 year observation.

Magee
Spot on vim and we are so good at finding these things and weaving them together in an intricate plot but instead of demons and angels in modern times we have conspiring governments and the on going struggle to reveal the truth to every one. Has a similiar tone to a very old religous text.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.