Castro Retires

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

exanda kane
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7252109.stm

Kram3r
About time this **** got out of power.

City Hunter
Great, though chances are he'll find a way to put his just-as-worse brother incharge(I'm pretty sure he hinted at that in the article), which probably won't make things any better for the people there or us, for that matter.

Robtard
Originally posted by City Hunter
Great, though chances are he'll find a way to put his just-as-worse brother incharge(I'm pretty sure he hinted at that in the article), which probably won't make things any better for the people there or us, for that matter.

His brother Raul is positioned to step in.

Bicnarok
But will it change anything?

Cuba is a beautiful island from what Ive heard and has great potential, in many areas.

Fishy
Of course it won't change much, except for people who disagreed with the regime. Castro was a powerful person he ruled the island without doubt, his brother still has to prove that. Besides his brother isn't that young anymore either so in a few years you might actually start seeing change.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Bicnarok
But will it change anything?

Cuba is a beautiful island from what Ive heard and has great potential, in many areas.

Yep, lot's of fine women and cars from the 50's and early 60's.

Robtard
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

There's a great documentary you'd love, it's called "Yank Tanks"; it's about the old American cars that the Cubans still drive and restore. It's amazing what they do with these cars, considering the very limited resources they have to work with. As one interviewer said, "if you own a car in Cuba, you're a mechanic." It's mainly in Spanish; with subtitles.

Edit: Here's the IMDB link.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312048/

WrathfulDwarf
The Embargo won't be lift until democracy is accepted. Castro stepping down is a good start. One of the guys at my job said his parents were in tears over the news. They left the island in 1978 and they never thought they will live to see this day.

Let's see what happens from here on with Cuba.

Shelbert Lemon
My great-grand parents immigrated from Cuba. They would be in tears as well if they were still alive.

Devil King
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

You broke my heart Fredo, you broke my heart.

Robtard
Originally posted by Devil King

"I'm your older brother, Mike, and I was stepped over!"

queeq
Bye, Fidel.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Devil King

The Godfather > The Godfather part II

queeq
Nope.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by queeq
Nope.

-Movies intercut with flashbacks are annoying as hell.

-It's an unwritten rule that sequels suck.

I'll take Jurassic Park over The Lost World any day of the week. Same with the Godfathers.

Robtard
Superman II owns Superman, though this is a rare example.

queeq
PArdon???

Robtard
You heard me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.