The Celestials verus The Galactii

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
k, so ALL the Galactuses from all the universes in Marvel face off against all the 616 Celestials.

repeat, only 616 Celestials, there's supposed to be billions or something. and there's an endless number of universes, so there should be a sufficient number of "Galactii" to combat them.

anyway, two scenarios:
1) Galactus neither uses the UN nor consumes the universe but fights the Celestials

2) Galactus going all out

Phantom Zone
speedblitz for the win. no expression big grin

janus77
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
speedblitz for the win. no expression big grin
but neither Galactus nor The Celestials can move at lightspeed.
where's the on-panel evidence? evil face

Utrigita
I have absolutely no idea who wins this no expression

Sundipped
Exactly how many alternate Galactus's are there?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by janus77

lol

Kutulu
laughing

janus77
I'm waiting... smokin'
Originally posted by Sundipped
Exactly how many alternate Galactus's are there?
honestly, dunno.
I just presumed that there was an infinity of universes, and since each universe has its own Galactus... an infinity of "Galactii" but basically whittle it all down to the same number of Galactii as there are Celestials in 616.

the idea is to see how/if the combined Galactii from all the other, lesser, universes plus Galactus of 616 could overcome The Celestials of 616 (who are, I assume, the strongest/most powerful incarnations of their kind in the omniverse).

iceman24567
I'm waiting... smokin'

honestly, dunno.
I just presumed that there was an infinity of universes, and since each universe has its own Galactus... an infinity of "Galactii" but basically whittle it all down to the same number of Galactii as there are Celestials in 616.

the idea is to see how/if the combined Galactii from all the other, lesser, universes plus Galactus of 616 could overcome The Celestials of 616 (who are, I assume, the strongest/most powerful incarnations of their kind in the omniverse). Well infinite Galactii should win.

janus77
Originally posted by iceman24567
Well infinite Galactii should win.
guess I wasn't clear about that. I meant that there are probably an infinite number of universes (and thus Galactii) but, only use as many Galactii (from all the other/lesser universes + 616 Galactus) as you use Celestials (from 616).

Utrigita
There are possibly a near infinite numbers of Celestials but no one knows

Priest
The Celestials win this considering that 616 Galactus is the most powerful.

Utrigita
let us just for a instance assume that all Galactii can absorb Hyperstorm energy like there 616 counterpart... then what If I may ask is the Celestials going to do???

id369

In Secret Wars 2 #5, Beyonder did Billions of feints, parries, and thrusts per second. Deductive logic and reasoning, would indicate that Celestials must have bin attacking in high speeds in order for Beyonder to do high speed, bulk actions .

janus77
Originally posted by id369
In Secret Wars 2 #5, Beyonder did Billions of feints, parries, and thrusts per second. Deductive logic and reasoning, would indicate that Celestials must have bin attacking in high speeds in order for Beyonder to do high speed, bulk actions .
yes that's an impressive display of Beyonder's powers and speed but, he was clearly talking about his moves, the self-love shines through in his monologue.

perhaps The Celestials were just standing there, getting hit billions of times before they could even blink?
evil face

id369
Well then Beyonder would have stated he was knocking around the celestials a billion times per second.

Then what was the point of Beyonder applying feints, and parries?

Acrosurge
To me, a reasonably fed Galactus has always been more powerful than any one celestial. That being the case, any number of Galactii should take a majority over an equivalent number of Celestials.

janus77
Originally posted by id369
Well then Beyonder would have stated he was knocking around the celestials a billion times per second.

Then what was the point of Beyonder applying feints, and parries?
'cos he's fighting more than one Celestial at one-time, across scores of realities and dimensions... so even if individually they are slow, cumulatively at each moment in time, there's billions of attacks to parry.

anyway, before this goes any further, I was only messing... I don't think it's even questionable that Celestials and Galactus would be far faster than the speed of light. just that some people have a convenient need for "on-panel" proof of the obvious, when it suits them no expression.

guy222
Hey Acrosurge

Which Celestial? Scathan the Approver is the most powerful Celestial ever(Earth-691). He helped LT defeat the godlike child known as Protege

LT=Scathan the Approver>Eternity=Death>Galactus

Do u know about Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial? He's the baddest Celestial(Earth-616). In an alternate future, Galactus 'consumed' Tiamut. 500,000 years later when Tiamut awoke to his full glory and power, Uatu and Galactus knew fear

rougeredmage
question does this include every vertion of galactus from any of the alternate realitys including galactus that are not Galan if so then i would say that Eath X galactus would easily win installing himself as a tacticain he can organise his other selfs to wage a war of atristian against them

janus77
The Celestials are confined strictly to the 616 Universe, not from other Universes.

as far as I'm aware, there are billions of Celestials in each universe, so that would never be a fair fight.

Instead it's ALL the 616 Celestials versus a similar number of Galactii taken from whatever alternate universes there are, plus the 616 Galactus.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by guy222
Hey AcrosurgeHey, Guy!

Do u know about Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial? He's the baddest Celestial(Earth-616). In an alternate future, Galactus 'consumed' Tiamut. 500,000 years later when Tiamut awoke to his full glory and power, Uatu and Galactus knew fear I just recently purchased that Eternals mini. Good stuff! thumb up

guy222
yes

Gaiman is awesome

New Eternals 12 issue run comin soon

janus77
Hey Acrosurge

Which Celestial? Scathan the Approver is the most powerful Celestial ever(Earth-691). He helped LT defeat the godlike child known as Protege

LT=Scathan the Approver>Eternity=Death>Galactus

Do u know about Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial? He's the baddest Celestial(Earth-616). In an alternate future, Galactus 'consumed' Tiamut. 500,000 years later when Tiamut awoke to his full glory and power, Uatu and Galactus knew fear
616 Celestials only smile.

Tiamut is definitely interesting though Galactus knowing fear is disappointing ... Galactus should be tougher than that... maybe he's just afraid Tiamut is going to tell everybody about the bizarre dreams he had of Galactus?

Tenebrous
Respect Big G.

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/852/852982/marvels-may-08-first-look-20080218060420680.jpg

psycho gundam
^the above picture is the only thing this thread produced of any value.

Mr. Slippyfist
If Surfer loses... no expression

Inhuman
That pic looks erotic droolio

Utrigita
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Respect Big G.

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/852/852982/marvels-may-08-first-look-20080218060420680.jpg

I thought the Nova would respect the World mind recommendation

http://i114.imagethrust.com/images/2Rro/view-image/img-025.html
http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galactusty2.jpg
shifty

Terryc250
endless > billions

"The Galactii" wins

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Inhuman
That pic looks erotic droolio

That's what I thought. Nova looks like he's straddling SS's leg. laughing

guy222
Keep it PG yall stick out tongue

quanchi112
Celestials win this all day.

Acrosurge
Keep it PG yall stick out tongue Hrm, well, it's a cool picture in concept, but no matter how you look at it, Nova just looks awkward. I wonder if this will answer some questions about where both Surfer and Nova fit in the power hierarchy now.

I'm still going with the Galactii on this one. Pound for pound, Galactus still seems more powerful than most Celestial.

guy222
Nova should win in his book

Cool answer, one I can respect. I think u know mine

CaptainStoic

Galactus can move at FTL speeds, as seen in The Secret Wars.

h1a8
This is a stupid thread. The Celestials are finite in number and power. How can finite amount of anything beat an infinity of something? Even an infinite amount of Mary Janes will stalemate the Celestials (it would take an eternity to kill all of her).

janus77
Originally posted by h1a8
This is a stupid thread. The Celestials are finite in number and power. How can finite amount of anything beat an infinity of something? Even an infinite amount of Mary Janes will stalemate the Celestials (it would take an eternity to kill all of her).
no, the thread's fine as it is. it's just that you lack reading comprehension.

I've stated before that there should be an +equal number+ of "Galactii" picked from the alternate universes (and 616), so that neither side would have a numerical advantage.

my aim is to discern whether or not the 616 Celestials would be too much for an equal number of Galactii, if only one of the Galactii was 616 Galactus.

h1a8
no, the thread's fine as it is. it's just that you lack reading comprehension.

I've stated before that there should be an +equal number+ of "Galactii" picked from the alternate universes (and 616), so that neither side would have a numerical advantage.

my aim is to discern whether or not the 616 Celestials would be too much for an equal number of Galactii, if only one of the Galactii was 616 Galactus.
Well you didn't state that in the OP. I didn't read the other posts before replying. So if that is the case then isn't 1 Galactus>any 1 Celestial?

janus77
Originally posted by h1a8
Well you didn't state that in the OP. I didn't read the other posts before replying. So if that is the case then isn't 1 Galactus>any 1 Celestial?
I did, and in subsequent follow up posts I made it clearer.
anyway, yes that's the thing isn't it... are the other universal Galactuses as powerful... is there parity amongst the Galactii or is 616's Galactus the only truly Heavy G?

I've read theories that other universes are by their very nature of a lesser order to 616, that their versions of equivalent forces and characters wouldn't stack up against 616 'originals' ... so this is part of what's up for debate in this thread.

h1a8
I did, and in subsequent follow up posts I made it clearer.
anyway, yes that's the thing isn't it... are the other universal Galactuses as powerful... is there parity amongst the Galactii or is 616's Galactus the only truly Heavy G?

I've read theories that other universes are by their very nature of a lesser order to 616, that their versions of equivalent forces and characters wouldn't stack up against 616 'originals' ... so this is part of what's up for debate in this thread.

This is what you said in the OP:"k, so All the Galactuses from all the universes in Marvel face off against all the 616 Celestials."

With that said, then this thread is impossible to debate because it is not known the power levels of the alternate Galactii. It's probably best to say in your OP "assume all other alternate Galactii are 75% as powerful as full powered 616 Galactus (or any percentage you want)". Then we can better gage and debate better.

Kid Kurdy
Galactus has too many low showings, Celestials don't.

Celestials always kick ass, Galactus only when he feels like it.

Celestials for the win.

For those who care: I always believed a Celestial > Galactus.

h1a8
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy

Interesting. sometimes I feel this way too. But sometimes I don't.

Kid Kurdy
Well, based on feats, Celestials should take this. Like I said, Galactus has too many low showings.

id369
Surprisingly the Celestials have vary little low showings.
Can anyone name or point them out?

janus77
Well, based on feats, Celestials should take this. Like I said, Galactus has too many low showings.
Exitar's dome got smashed by Thor's Godblast. surely that's the mother of all low showings, as far as Celestial level beings go?

guy222
Earth X, What If, Marvel: The End

and Nova

Celestials and Galactus merit great debate as Utrigita, Tenebrous and myself can attest to

Those are the only low showings Celestials have. Galactus has more. The last one was getting 'hurt' and 'fed' by Gravity. It mostly Marvel's fault because they don't portray the big guy like he should. In Annihilation, he's the most powerful being. But in FF, he jobs to the FF. Go figure

Gaiman's Eternals which was great desribes Tiamut as the most dangerous thing on Earth. Speaking thru Makkari, 'he's God'

Kid Kurdy
Exitar's dome got smashed by Thor's Godblast. surely that's the mother of all low showings, as far as Celestial level beings go?
You call that a low showing ?

It took Thor everything he had - he had to reinforce Mjolnir with his power belt - and Mjolnir ended up completely broken.

Result ? Well, Exitar seemed to feel something - for a brief moment.

janus77
You call that a low showing ?

It took Thor everything he had - he had to reinforce Mjolnir with his power belt - and Mjolnir ended up completely broken.

Result ? Well, Exitar seemed to feel something - for a brief moment.
it's a major low showing if a Celestial can in anyway shape or form be affected by Thor.
think how little the godblast achieved on juggernaut...

but it's necessary, it was Thor and he needs to biff someone...

Tenebrous
Galactus has too many low showings, Celestials don't.

Celestials always kick ass, Galactus only when he feels like it.

Celestials for the win.

Goes both ways...as the celestials don't have as many high showings. The whole debate is inconclusive.

the mainstream 616 Celestials have/have had asgardians, eternals, thor, and other races as their primary adversaries.

mainstream 616 galactus has/has had thor, in-betweener, thanos, proemial gods, hunger, tyrant, FF, avengers, former heralds, ego, elders of the universe, phoenix force, and other races and cosmic beings as primary adversaries.

we can judge some of galactus' high feats compared to what he's done against other opponents who are supposedly close or equal in power.

We don't have that luxury with the celestials because they are kind of the "x-men" of the cosmic group...they have their own stories and rarely have direct (aka, direct confrontation/fights) interaction with other cosmic beings. their stories are acutely concentrated on how they confront x race of aliens or y group of people....where they're always the supreme power in a relative sense.

guy222
Celestials are still a mystery

New series coming soon

Tenebrous
Celestials are still a mystery

New series coming soon

when?

they should come up with a new celestial to replace the one called "Oneg the Prober" cause that's just vile

guy222
We can blame Kirby for that one

New Eternals coming soon

Utrigita
Also the great showings that the Celestials are performing they are performing as a team and rarely as individuals, however Galactus good showings are performed while he is hungry and he never requires aid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.