Sonics leaving Seattle?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PINBALL
I hate to say it, but it looks like the Seattle Super Sonics will be leaving Seattle for Oklahoma City.

Quiero Mota
shock

Oklahoma City Supersonics just doesn't have the same ring.

I remember feeling the same way when the Jazz left New Orleans for Utah.

Kram3r
Y'know, you could have at LEAST posted an article.

Stern: Sonics to leave Seattle; Hornets could stay in New Orleans

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allstar2008/news/story?id=3249625

Myth
Originally posted by PINBALL
I hate to say it, but it looks like the Seattle Super Sonics will be leaving Seattle for Oklahoma City.

This is really old news by the way. By about a year to year and a half at least.

PINBALL
Oh I know its old news, I am live in Washington and I haven't been on KMC for a long time and found it odd that it wasn't here. Oh and they won't be called the Super Sonics btw thats a Seattle thing I don't remember exactly. I also was watching a game a few days ago and found it interesting that some players don't want to resign because they don't want to go to Oklahoma, I mean really whats in Oklahoma....

FlappingMangera
I just can't imagine the Sonics going to OK City. I feel like once the younger players develop the team will be able to rebound revenue-wise. It seems unwise to re-locate into a smaller market. Then again, Portland and Utah are pretty popular teams...

BruceSkywalker
I guess Bill Gates and Paul Allen wanna build more Starbucks after they tear down Key Arena

Smasandian
What does Bill Gates have to do with anything?

Myth
Yeah, neither Gates or Allen are involved with Starbucks as far as I know.

justdecent
It's been a while since the Shawn Kemp/Gary Peyton era.

Corndog
We should know for sure by Wednesday.. I think..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.