Eclipes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
I heard theres gonna be a Eclipes (sun covering the moon) or the other way round between 2am till 6am .

I didn't hear it the news and could not find it online do u think there is one tonight ?

coolmovies
found it

http://shadowandsubstance.com/2008%20Feb%2021%20lunar%20eclipse/GMT.jpg

jaden101
1st off...the sun covering the moon never happens...a solar eclipse is the moon passing in front of the sun....and a lunar eclipse is the earth passing between the sun and the moon and casting its shadow over the moon making it look an orange colour...the former happens about once every couple of years and the latter happens several times a year...the former is absolutely spectacular (i've seen one)...and the later is pretty rubbish unless you get a good one when the moon turns purple

Rogue Jedi
EclipSE.

Joe K
Originally posted by jaden101
1st off...the sun covering the moon never happens...a solar eclipse is the moon passing in front of the sun....and a lunar eclipse is the earth passing between the sun and the moon and casting its shadow over the moon making it look an orange colour...the former happens about once every couple of years and the latter happens several times a year...the former is absolutely spectacular (i've seen one)...and the later is pretty rubbish unless you get a good one when the moon turns purple
Dont bash the kid, damn.

coolmovies
am 25 and am no kid eek!

Mairuzu
if the sun covered the moon... we're dead

FistOfThe North
yesterday i saw what seemed like a really bright star or a far off planet also..it was like the smallest brightest thing in the sky way in the night time horizon.

think it was either mars or mercury

Disturbed Angel
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
yesterday i saw what seemed like a really bright star or a far off planet also..it was like the smallest brightest thing in the sky way in the night time horizon.

think it was either mars or mercury
Couldn't have been Mercury.

Impediment
Originally posted by coolmovies
am 25 and am no kid eek!

am not convince4d that yur troothful. dur

a.k.a. Bull shit

AbnormalButSane
I saw the lunar eclipse. It was pretty rad. hmm

Although while I was standing outside looking up, I got some really odd looks. mmm

Röland
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
I saw the lunar eclipse. It was pretty rad. hmm

Although while I was standing outside looking up, I got some really odd looks. mmm
It's all good.

I randomly stare at the sun when out in public... leftright

Ordained
hiw long did the eclips last cause i missed it playing with my son?

AbnormalButSane

Mairuzu
I tried taking a picture of it the other night.. came out shitty

Röland
Don't we all. no expression
I really don't stare at the sun, was just trying to make you feel better. no expression

AbnormalButSane

Röland
uhuh
biscuits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.