EVANGEL94's Tourney Odd's Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
The participants at this point(and their first round picks)

1. King Kandy -Dr. Strange
2. Devil Lance -Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond/ Martin Stein combo)
3. Papa Smurph -Sonia Sato
4. Darthgoober -Silver Surfer
5. Symmetric Chaos - Flash
6. Capt Spaulding - awaiting
7. SmurphSmash! -Mogo
8. Tony Stark - will draft after suspension lifts
9. Mr.Biscuits - awaiting
10. Psycho Gundam -juggernaut
11. Evangel94 - Casual matches only
12. id369- Shaman X-Man

So who's considered to be the favorites in these early stages?

Soljer
laughing.

Papa Smurph
Mogo

psycho gundam
mojo looks like a defective banana cream pie, with a tin at the bottom no less! juggy is going to love smashing him in the faces of your other picks muahahaha!

Soljer
Originally posted by psycho gundam
mojo looks like a defective banana cream pie, with a tin at the bottom no less! juggy is going to love smashing him in the faces of your other picks muahahaha!
You...

You don't know who mogo is, do you ?

psycho gundam
oh no, not another dc godlike character that still manages to get beaten by mortals!
please say its not so!

TricksterPriest
Trickster Priest- Metron.

King Kandy
So far, here's my best guess.

1. King Kandy: Did you think anyone else was going to go here?

2. Darthgoober: Best debater on KMC in my opinion.

3. SmurphSmash!: His pick is just... wow.

4. Symmetric Chaos: Good debater AND he stole my pick. I made up for it though.

5. Devil Lance: Pretty good from what i've seen.

6. Psycho Gundam: Just an average guy.

7. id369: I don't think her strategy is that strong.

8. Papa Smurph: Bleh. Bottom of the barrel.

The others I can't comment on.

Blair Wind
Smurph/Goober/Sym
Devil Lance
Id
Tony Stark
Kandy/Papa Smurph/Psycho Gundam

smile

leonidas
goob with ss is definitely off to the best start. ss is essentially an amalgamation of flash and firestorm. (not of course that i have any clue at all as to how this thing works . . .)

darthgoober
Updated list...

1. King Kandy -Dr. Strange, Professor Zoom
2. Devil Lance -Firestorm, Aquaman (with water hand)
3. Papa Smurph -Sonia Sato, Kent Nelson
4. Darthgoober -Silver Surfer, Super Adaptoid
5. Symmetric Chaos - Flash, Karnak
7. SmurphSmash! -Mogo(being argued)
8. Tony Stark - will draft after suspension lifts
10. Psycho Gundam -juggernaut, space gem
11. id369- Shaman X-Man, Jean Grey
11. TricksterPriest- Metron(being argued), Waverider
12. Creshosk- awaiting
13. Evangel94 - Casual matches only

DigiMark007
I'd say Strange, but there's apparently powers that need to be bought. Does that neuter the good Dr. at all? Or anyone else?

Otherwise, Mogo, Flash, Surfer, etc. All good buys for the pt. level.

Roldz
Goob with SS and SuperAdaptoid plus take into account the style he debate's, probably have the highest odds..

Sym's Flash and Karnak dangerous combination, if not Goob id take this team...

Mogo hands down.. he wins (if his allowed)

Soljer
oh no, not another dc godlike character that still manages to get beaten by mortals!
please say its not so!

Yeah...

You definitely don't know who Mogo is.

Papa Smurph
I'm just shocked the rationale is that humans with GL ring = 6 therefore PLANET with GL ring with near limitless power supply = 6

TricksterPriest
given the numerous other loopholes, and given you are exploiting an even worse loophole to draft PRE-CRISIS DR. FATE, where in god's name do you get off? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
given the numerous other loopholes, and given you are exploiting an even worse loophole to draft PRE-CRISIS DR. FATE, where in god's name do you get off? roll eyes (sarcastic)

*predicts a 'your mom' joke in response to "Where do you get off?"*

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Soljer
*predicts a 'your mom' joke in response to "Where do you get off?"*

I'd smack you, but that actually made me laugh too. laughing thumb up

Papa Smurph

yes
no

Dr. Fate is more powerful then Dr. Strange

and what loophole am I exploiting?

Soljer
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
yes
no

Dr. Fate is more powerful then Dr. Strange

Multiple versions of Dr. Fate.

Multiple Stranges.

Papa Smurph
So Trickster, giving your penchant for making up rules

would drafting Barry Allen be a loophole?

Creshosk
So Trickster, giving your penchant for making up rules

would drafting Barry Allen be a loophole? What rule did Trick make up?

Symmetric Chaos
Multiple versions of Dr. Fate.

Multiple Stranges.

Alternates are forbidden completely though.

The rules say that if you take one Wolvie (or whomever) all other versions are out.

Papa Smurph
Originally posted by Creshosk
What rule did Trick make up?

I find the addition of Pre-crisis Dr. Fate to be a joke. didn't evangel tell me we couldnt' cherrypick past versions? And he's a 10 or 20 pointer.

Under Trickster's rules, Steve Rodgers is a loophole.

Creshosk
Doesn't look like he was stating a rule. Looked like he was verifying if Evangel told him he couldn't pick a past version of Amazo.

Papa Smurph
Doesn't look like he was stating a rule. Looked like he was verifying if Evangel told him he couldn't pick a past version of Amazo.

Look's like he was making up rules

and given you are exploiting an even worse loophole

Or am I exploiting a loophole to a non-existant rule?

Creshosk
Look's like he was making up rules

Or am I exploiting a loophole to a non-existant rule? He considers his strat to be exploiting a loophole. He didn't say you were breaking a rule.

Papa Smurph
He considers his strat to be exploiting a loophole. He didn't say you were breaking a rule.

He says I shouldn't be calling anyone out (when the only thing I'm saying is Planet + GL ring = come on now) because I'm exploiting the system (which means dancing around the rules), what rule am I exploiting?

The non existent one that says you can't pick people like Monica Rambeau?

TricksterPriest
if you get PC Fate, then I get to cherrypick a version of Amazo. And Evangel outright lied to me.

Papa Smurph
if you get PC Fate, then I get to cherrypick a version of Amazo. And Evangel outright lied to me.

Why is that?

Would getting Wendell Vaughn be an exploit in your warped version of the rules?

Trickster if you had common sense this wouldn't even be a thing.

Dr Fate = Multiple people
Kent
Jared
Hector
Inza
Kent Jr

just like how Captain Marvel =
Mar-Vell
Big Red Cheese
Monica Rambeau
Genis-Vell
And didn't Phyla have the moniker at one point?

I selected Kent like how one would select the Big Red Cheese

Your using terminology like Pre-Crisis doesn't really mean much when general consensus is Kent = Strange.

So if you have a problem with Strange also being drafted, then that's on you as he's already said to be a 6.

Priest
Goob has the most experience debating with his character (surfer) than any one else in this tourney.
I think he's gonna win.
Genis is a good pick for anyone who hasn't drafted yet.

TricksterPriest
Why is that?

Would getting Wendell Vaughn be an exploit in your warped version of the rules?

Trickster if you had common sense this wouldn't even be a thing.

Dr Fate = Multiple people
Kent
Jared
Hector
Inza
Kent Jr

just like how Captain Marvel =
Mar-Vell
Big Red Cheese
Monica Rambeau
Genis-Vell
And didn't Phyla have the moniker at one point?

I selected Kent like how one would select the Big Red Cheese

Your using terminology like Pre-Crisis doesn't really mean much when general consensus is Kent = Strange.

So if you have a problem with Strange also being drafted, then that's on you as he's already said to be a 6.

Now, as I was saying, you illiterate misanthrope, there's a double standard here.

Papa Smurph
Now, as I was saying, you illiterate misanthrope, there's a double standard here.

Amazo is his own person, goofy.

Kent Nelson =/= Hector Hall =/= Kent Jr

Just like how

Wendell Vaughn =/= Phyla Vell

Barry Allen =/= Wally West

Steve Rodgers =/= Bucky

Mar-Vell =/= Billy Batson

etc.

Like I said, common sense, if you had it, it'd be not a problem.

TricksterPriest
THERE IS MORE THAN 1 MODEL. THIS IS WHY AMAZO IS DIFFERENTIATED. NOT ALL AMAZOS HAVE THE SAME CAPAIBILITIES!

Now, is Evangel going to address this?

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Alternates are forbidden completely though.

The rules say that if you take one Wolvie (or whomever) all other versions are out.

Not the point.

He was asking if Fate was more or less powerful than Strange.

I was saying that the answer to the question depends on which Fate and which Strange we are to compare by.

Papa Smurph
Because it's still Amazo.

Kent Nelson is Kent Nelson

Hector Hall is Hector Hall.

Symmetric Chaos

TricksterPriest

darthgoober
THERE IS MORE THAN 1 MODEL. THIS IS WHY AMAZO IS DIFFERENTIATED. NOT ALL AMAZOS HAVE THE SAME CAPAIBILITIES!

Now, is Evangel going to address this?
Yes Trick, but what you're proposing is a little different than what Stacks has done. Selecting a particular version of Amazo is selecting a specific version of a specific character, not picking a different character all together. In my mind it seems that it would be closer to picking Surfer with Loki's power addition from his fight with Thor, Hulk from the Secret Wars, or Thor from one of his times in the Destroyer Armor than it would be picking a COMPLETELY different version(such as the Pre-Crisis verson).

If you want to complain about the cost he had to pay that's one thing(and I'm sure that plenty of people will back you up) but PC Fate and Amazo fall into different categories IMO.

Creshosk
Hmm... I wasn't allowed a specific version of a legal character either. *shrugs* I've got work arounds where I can still get my strat even without that character. Waiting for her to get on again cause I still have questions.

Laminator_X
This seems to be gong about how I'd imagined. I can't believe that none of the talk about Mogo has touched on the fact that the battlefields are all 10 mile across spheres into which Mogo will have a hard time fitting.

I predict the winner will be whomever drives the biggest truck through the holes in the swiss cheese, I mean, the rules.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Laminator_X
This seems to be gong about how I'd imagined. I can't believe that none of the talk about Mogo has touched on the fact that the battlefields are all 10 mile across spheres into which Mogo will have a hard time fitting.

I predict the winner will be whomever drives the biggest truck through the holes in the swiss cheese, I mean, the rules.

QFT. this is pretty much a practice run. I just want to see if I can actually get away with my strat. laughing

Creshosk

I predict the winner will be whomever drives the biggest truck through the holes in the swiss cheese, I mean, the rules. I like my truck personally. It's sleek and sexy.

SmurphSmash!

I predict the winner will be whomever drives the biggest truck through the holes in the swiss cheese, I mean, the rules. Oh, I've taken that into account.... smile

id369
I think I have the weakest strategy and picks. How in the world did I miss the 2nd strongest GL energy source for 6 points. >_>

DigiMark007
Heh. Don't stroke Smurph's nuts too much yet. There's plenty that can be done with such wide-open draft possibilities.

But I like a tourney for a change that embraces the loophole more than most, which normally try to defend against them.

Papa Smurph
Don't worry.

This strongest GL with the 2nd greatest energy source has no feats and is easily dispatched by mid tier heralds, despite being a planet green lantern.

Soljer told me.

Soljer
Don't worry.

This strongest GL with the 2nd greatest energy source has no feats and is easily dispatched by mid tier heralds, despite being a planet green lantern.

Soljer told me.

Unless someone feels like throwing down some feats of mogo's that put him over herald-level....

Yup. smile.

Papa Smurph
CHURCH

Creshosk
CHURCH http://content.pyzam.com/funnypics/misc/DoingItWrong6.jpg

DigiMark007
I just re-read the rules, and the parts about purchasing stuff. Basically, all the 6 and 10 point people are neutered from doing various things. Strange, for example, has various fun things stripped, and some are severely prohibitive (like time manip. at 19 pts.)

Still strategic, but complex.

More pointedly, power boosting costs points. So the 1-2 pt. people that will inevitably get a dose of something suitably cosmic...you have to spend points for each one. All the random ideas I threw together for fun involved stuff like that, but as I added things up I quickly approached 20 pts. just in purchases.

So good luck guys. A lot of you may end up just having base powers without all the fancy hoo-doo that most of us think will happen in this tournament.

Creshosk
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I just re-read the rules, and the parts about purchasing stuff. Basically, all the 6 and 10 point people are neutered from doing various things. Strange, for example, has various fun things stripped, and some are severely prohibitive (like time manip. at 19 pts.)

Still strategic, but complex.

More pointedly, power boosting costs points. So the 1-2 pt. people that will inevitably get a dose of something suitably cosmic...you have to spend points for each one. All the random ideas I threw together for fun involved stuff like that, but as I added things up I quickly approached 20 pts. just in purchases.

So good luck guys. A lot of you may end up just having base powers without all the fancy hoo-doo that most of us think will happen in this tournament. you also can't just buy any power for just any character.

pr1983
CHURCH

... have a point? no? then please stop trolling...

darthgoober
Update...

1. King Kandy -Dr. Strange, Professor Zoom
2. Devil Lance -Firestorm, Aquaman (with water hand)
3. Papa Smurph -Sonia Sato, Kent Nelson
4. Darthgoober -Silver Surfer, Super Adaptoid
5. Symmetric Chaos - Flash, Karnak
7. SmurphSmash! -Mogo(being argued), Dkrtzy RRR
8. Tony Stark - Dr.Doom, Gladiator
10. Psycho Gundam -juggernaut, space gem
11. id369- Shaman X-Man, Jean Grey
11. TricksterPriest- Metron(being argued), Waverider
12. Creshosk- Empath, Mind Comtrol

Soljer
Sym, SmurphSmash, and Goob look to have the best teams right now.

DigiMark007
you also can't just buy any power for just any character.

Yeah. It's quite nutty. I came up with some interesting ideas just for fun, but the purchases ruin most of it for me. I even had answers to most of the participants, but an all-inclusive package to counter everything I've thought of so far would run well into the 30's.

darthgoober
Update

1. King Kandy -Dr. Strange, Professor Zoom, Amalgam Lv. 1
2. Devil Lance -Firestorm, Aquaman (with water hand), Hawkman Carter Hall with claw of Horus
3. Papa Smurph -Sonia Sato, Kent Nelson, Shaggy Man(being argued)
4. Darthgoober -Silver Surfer, Super Adaptoid, Power Copying
5. Symmetric Chaos - Flash, Karnak, Superman
7. SmurphSmash! -Mogo(being argued), Dkrtzy RRR
8. Tony Stark - Dr.Doom, Gladiator, Martian Manhunter
10. Psycho Gundam -juggernaut, space gem, power gem
11. id369- Shaman X-Man, Jean Grey, Amalgam, Lv. 1
11. TricksterPriest- Metron(being argued), Waverider, amalgam Lv. 1
12. Creshosk- Empath, Mind Comtrol

psycho gundam
opps posted it twice. oh well.

line em up, hes gonna kno em down!

Papa Smurph
That's a monster of a brick you have there

psycho gundam
hes as beyond bricks as bricks are beyond you.

Evangel94

I would just make the battlefield larger during Mogo's battle's if I decide to allow him. The rules are not completely set in stone never to be changed.

Please refrain from making any personal insults or negative comments towards this tournament, its rules, regulations, or its participants. If you feel the need to consult with me in a constructive manner about anything you feel could improve this tournament without changing the entire tournament set-up or a large portion of it, then you are free to do so in PM with myself.

This thread is for people to feel free to socialize and talk about their characters, and who they think has the best chance of winning. This is not a thread for complaints.

-Evangel94

Evangel94
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4166/juggernauthf9.jpg

Heh, I see what you are doing there. wink

Although, I won't say. stick out tongue

-Evangel94

id369

id369

psycho gundam

TricksterPriest
Id, you have no idea what I have in store. wink

id369
Id, you have no idea what I have in store. wink
I concede to your claim 100%.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by id369
King Kandy (how you like them spellz + speed drain biatch) Zoom can't steal speed. He doesn't utilize the speedforce, and isn't really even a true speedster. All of Zoom's outwardly apparent "speed" powers derive from his manipulation of time, which afaik costs an additional 19 points.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Zoom can't steal speed. He doesn't utilize the speedforce, and isn't really even a true speedster. All of Zoom's outwardly apparent "speed" powers derive from his manipulation of time, which afaik costs an additional 19 points.

Wrong Zoom.

This is the second Zoom, not the third one that you are talking about.

xmarksthespot
Ah, that makes more sense. For some reason when I see Zoom I always assume Zolomon. Anyway, on the assumption that Evangel takes into consideration the very legitimate claims against classic Dr Strange and Dr Fate; I see SC's Flash-Karnak presumable amalgam, or darthgoober's characters doing well.

DigiMark007
I'm tentatively considering joining. I've been PMing with Evangel to get some questions answered, but it's been a slow process. Depending on the spending costs of my ideas, and which ones will be allowed, I may enter in the next couple days. But it's equally as likely at this point that too many of my plans will be shot down, and I won't do it.

id369
I am really tempted to just go
20 Galactus
5 lv3 Preptime

DigiMark007
I am really tempted to just go
20 Galactus
5 lv3 Preptime

Lulz. I thought of something like that too. He's starved though, and the big guy has actually had some surprisingly low showings before, especially when he's at less than 100%. There might even be better picks at the 20-pt. level.

TricksterPriest
Darkseid would be a great pick but for 2 things. 1. He's locked out of his best showings. 2. There's a certain bias on this forum against him.

DigiMark007
Darkseid would be a great pick but for 2 things. 1. He's locked out of his best showings. 2. He's Darkseid

Fixed.

wink

TricksterPriest
Fixed.

wink

Damn you. no expression

haermm

Symmetric Chaos
Damn you. no expression

haermm
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Digi = moot?

DigiMark007
Digi = moot?

no expression

Also, I just announced that I might join and no one cares?!

there should be dinosaurs roaring on distant planets or something.

no expression

Symmetric Chaos
no expression

Also, I just announced that I might join and no one cares?!

there should be dinosaurs roaring on distant planets or something.

no expression

That's the problem. They're on distant planet so no one knows.

Also shouldn't the 4th draft thread be up by now?

TricksterPriest
If Digi is actually entering, this tournament just went up a notch. Yet another person to exploit loopholes. big grin

psycho gundam
the last draft should be up in a moment

psycho gundam
so darthgoober, what do you predict now that the draft is complete?

darthgoober
so darthgoober, what do you predict now that the draft is complete?
I'll give my assessment as soon as Smurph and the rest finish drafting and I find out whether or not Digi's participating...

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Evangel94
I would just make the battlefield larger during Mogo's battle's if I decide to allow him. The rules are not completely set in stone never to be changed.

Please refrain from making any personal insults or negative comments towards this tournament, its rules, regulations, or its participants. If you feel the need to consult with me in a constructive manner about anything you feel could improve this tournament without changing the entire tournament set-up or a large portion of it, then you are free to do so in PM with myself.

This thread is for people to feel free to socialize and talk about their characters, and who they think has the best chance of winning. This is not a thread for complaints.

-Evangel94

Wouldn't changing the battlefield to accommodate Mogo disadvantage those who choice of characters was based in-part on the what you told them the battlefield would be?

I'm hard pressed to find any personal insults in my above post, or in any post I have ever made on KMC with the notable exception of the time I called Galactic Storm an "opinionated blowhard." (Those who remember GS may judge that moment of pique for themselves.)

I do from time to time levy criticisms toward others' lines of reasoning or conduct in a public forum, such as pointing out when someone responds to any sort of criticism by dismissing the critique and suggesting that critic must be out-of-line/cowardly/uncreative etc to even have made the criticism in the first place.

Despite your high-handed attempt to give orders in a thread that goober started because it happens to be a discussion about the tourney you're hosting, this thread in particular is exactly the appropriate venue for merely amused peanut galley members such as myself to talk about how it's going without intruding upon your conduct of the tourney within it's actual threads. If you weren't so busy over-reacting, you'd see that all the other follow-ups to my post involved fun socializing, talking about plans, and the like.

Should you mistake this for some sort of personal insult or abuse, feel free to put me on "ignore." I won't mind.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by darthgoober
I'll give my assessment as soon as Smurph and the rest finish drafting and I find out whether or not Digi's participating...

Yeah. The favorite may be waiting in the wings at the moment.

Laminator_X
Yeah. The favorite may be waiting in the wings at the moment.

If you're not after one of the few 20pt-ers, there's definitely an advantage in drafting last.

DigiMark007
If you're not after one of the few 20pt-ers, there's definitely an advantage in drafting last.

Yeah, especially with so many people in comic-dom. It's one thing if it's a "Surfer cap" tourney or something, where Surfer/Thor/Quasar/Hal/Kyle/etc. go quickly for good reason. But this is obviously more open.

To be fair, though, I'm not waiting because I want an advantage. Im really just trying to wrap my head around all the rules and figure out what I can and can't do, then see what ideas that translates into. I should have a decision within 24 hours or so.

Laminator_X
Yeah, especially with so many people in comic-dom. It's one thing if it's a "Surfer cap" tourney or something, where Surfer/Thor/Quasar/Hal/Kyle/etc. go quickly for good reason. But this is obviously more open.

It is neat to see some of the different choices coming out, rather than the same-old same-old.

To be fair, though, I'm not waiting because I want an advantage.

We all know you're better than that. smile

Soljer
Well....

*signs petition to get Digi in*

TricksterPriest
*co-signs*

Evangel94
Wouldn't changing the battlefield to accommodate Mogo disadvantage those who choice of characters was based in-part on the what you told them the battlefield would be?

I'm hard pressed to find any personal insults in my above post, or in any post I have ever made on KMC with the notable exception of the time I called Galactic Storm an "opinionated blowhard." (Those who remember GS may judge that moment of pique for themselves.)

I do from time to time levy criticisms toward others' lines of reasoning or conduct in a public forum, such as pointing out when someone responds to any sort of criticism by dismissing the critique and suggesting that critic must be out-of-line/cowardly/uncreative etc to even have made the criticism in the first place.

Despite your high-handed attempt to give orders in a thread that goober started because it happens to be a discussion about the tourney you're hosting, this thread in particular is exactly the appropriate venue for merely amused peanut galley members such as myself to talk about how it's going without intruding upon your conduct of the tourney within it's actual threads. If you weren't so busy over-reacting, you'd see that all the other follow-ups to my post involved fun socializing, talking about plans, and the like.

Should you mistake this for some sort of personal insult or abuse, feel free to put me on "ignore." I won't mind.

I have not made a specific decision on Mogo yet. Therefore, I told you what I would have done to accommodate him if I do accept him.

I didn't know referring to driving a truck through my "swiss cheese of rules" wasn't considered an insult. If not, at least a snide remark. Which I have zero tolerance for anymore.

Although, darthgoober started this thread, it is still related to the tournament I am running, and not to mention my name is in the title. Just because I didn't make this thread doesn't give you or anyone else free pass to criticize and bash as you see fit.

"No insults/No whining/No bashing of the tournament's rules/regulations/or participants" still applies here. I do applaud darthgoober for making this thread for everyone else to discuss their characters. You are free to talk about the characters or this tournament in a positive manner.

If you feel the need constantly respond against me, then do so to PM and keep any negative remarks or "criticisms" out of this thread or any thread related to the tournament. And consider this the one warning I give to you and anyone else who wishes to vote and participate in this tournament.

I will not tolerate any negative commentary on this tournament as I've had enough of that in all the other threads of this tournament.

-Evangel94

TricksterPriest
"
I didn't know referring to driving a truck through my "swiss cheese of rules" wasn't considered an insult. If not, at least a snide remark. Which I have zero tolerance for anymore."

it's not. it's a statement of fact. This is a loophole based tournament. you might as well get used to it. wink And you might want to re-read his post and see that most of the people competing in your tournament co-signed him. haermm

Symmetric Chaos
"
I didn't know referring to driving a truck through my "swiss cheese of rules" wasn't considered an insult. If not, at least a snide remark. Which I have zero tolerance for anymore."

it's not. it's a statement of fact. This is a loophole based tournament. you might as well get used to it. wink And you might want to re-read his post and see that most of the people competing in your tournament co-signed him. haermm

No need to make an ass of yourself.

Evangel94
"

You don't seem to understand. I have asked you to stop making negative remarks against this tournament. I will not tolerate negative remarks against this tournament anymore. I have received complaints from participants about the general negative atmosphere of this tournament and complaints about users who are creating problems. You included. So I am asking you to refrain from making anymore negative commentary, regardless of your opinion.

-Evangel94

DigiMark007
*co-signs*

Aren't you turkeys in this? I'm shocked that you're so quick to invite your own demise.

stick out tongue

And calling it a loophole tourney isn't an insult, but I can see where Evangel is coming from about negativity. Personally, I like how it embraces clever ideas...which of course are "brilliant strategies" if it's your team, and "loopholes" if it's your opponent ( wink ).

Laminator_X
It's rather amusing that you managed to include both of the behaviors I called you on before into the yet-another puffed-up-yet-defensive over-reaction, making the point far better than anything I might say.

Pointing that your rules or your rulings have been flawed is not an attack on you personally. If you cannot tell the difference, "ignore" me and be free of the ordeal of my snideness forever. However, if you want me to keep pointing out flaws in your argumentation, then by all means keep acting like you're some got any sort of power to tell me what I can and can't say.

The fact that you responded at all rather than putting me on ignore suggests more concern with asserting your imaginary authority against a public loss of face than any desire to remove negativity from the thread.

In the mean time, I'll go back to pleasantly discussing things like draft timing with with all the other people who didn't get bent out of shape.

Symmetric Chaos
It's rather amusing that you managed to include both of the behaviors I called you on before into the yet-another puffed-up-yet-defensive over-reaction, making the point far better than anything I might say.

Pointing that your rules or your rulings have been flawed is not an attack on you personally. If you cannot tell the difference, "ignore" me and be free of the ordeal of my snideness forever. However, if you want me to keep pointing out flaws in your argumentation, then by all means keep acting like you're some got any sort of power to tell me what I can and can't say.

The fact that you responded at all rather than putting me on ignore suggests more concern with asserting your imaginary authority against a public loss of face than any desire to remove negativity from the thread.

In the mean time, I'll go back to pleasantly discussing things like draft timing with with all the other people who didn't get bent out of shape over anything I've said.

It's so cool when people decide to be jerks for no reason. Really endearing and shows strength of character.

thumb up

Evangel94

In the mean time, I'll go back to pleasantly discussing things like draft timing with with all the other people who didn't get bent out of shape.

Your right to vote and participate in this tournament is now revoked.

Laminator_X
Your right to vote and participate in this tournament is now revoked.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! laughing

King Kandy
Seriously? That is a very spiteful thing to do.

psycho gundam
made me laugh laughing rolling on floor laughing angel jokes

darthgoober

Blair Wind

Evangel94
Don't forget Digimark007.

psycho gundam
what are the odds in your opinions?

Evangel94
The list you posted is a little off. For Papa Smurph its

Faceman
Very hard tourney to decide...But if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on darth.

Evangel94
what are the odds in your opinions?

I am a little disappointed no one picked Galactus or Post-Crisis Darkseid. Most people seem to be going either with an amalgam, or a magic/prep tech based approach.

And nobody picked the characters that were suggested to be added to the tournament. sad

Personally, I am a fan of simpler direct strategies. The more complicated your strategy, the harder it becomes to argue it, and it is more prone to failer. Its a gamble though with everything.

psycho gundam
i dunno, creshosk has most of the competitors beat. imo

psycho gundam
I am a little disappointed no one picked Galactus or Post-Crisis Darkseid. Most people seem to be going either with an amalgam, or a magic/prep tech based approach.

And nobody picked the characters that were suggested to be added to the tournament. sad

Personally, I am a fan of simpler direct strategies. The more complicated your strategy, the harder it becomes to argue it, and it is more prone to failer. Its a gamble though with everything. well, darkseid is an easy loss when you look at his history against superman, who according to some posters is = to ss, glads, thor etc. the galactus problem is that he "lost" to earth heroes when he was starving. some of the guys he lost to are in this tournament so, not a good choice.

King_Mungi
Errr? Why do people keep saying Darkseid lost to Superman on multiple occasions?

psycho gundam
cause he did. if darkseid is so powerful and wanted to take over earth, why can't he?

it rhymes with pooperman

Papa Smurph
cause he has. Darkseid's not going to attempt to take over the Earth over fear of his eyenobs shutting off the OE, again.

King_Mungi
Like when? as in issue numbers. As practically all his loses were either Dasaad pretending to be him, or an avatar

Papa Smurph
Apokalipse Now
Superman/Batman 13

King_Mungi
Apokalipse Now
Superman/Batman 13

AP Now-Yes
Superman/Batman 13-Yes to a degree, as he BFR DS and was sun amped

leonidas
i'ma gonna go with smurph for the win -- he's got the best amalgam name. big grin

Symmetric Chaos
I thought mine was pretty clever ermm

*shameless plug*

leonidas
oh, it's clever, but it lacks smurph's sublty:

just rolls off the tongue . . .

Papa Smurph
Yeah but my name is self defeatest now due to my inability to rip your arm off and shove it up your ass in the most gruesome and painful ways imaginable using a particularly brutal black magic spell to contract your anus making it a tighter fit then usual. sad

Unless I can change World War Hulk into Maestro........

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah but my name is self defeatest now due to my inability to rip your arm off and shove it up your ass in the most gruesome and painful ways imaginable using a particularly brutal black magic spell to contract your anus making it a tighter fit then usual. sad

droolio

I mean . . . umm . . .

droolio

Damn sly

King_Mungi

I like your amalgram, but has it been decided what Dr.Fate your using? As I know there were talks about banning Kent.

Papa Smurph
Yeah it's Hector now.

psycho gundam
oh crap?! your character lacks the hate to sustain the hulk strength.
its like a balloon with hole in it.

Papa Smurph
Oh Hector has plenty of resentment to call upon.

Evangel94

Well you never asked about Maestro!

King_Mungi
Yeah it's Hector now.

Which is still a fine pick

psycho gundam
i dunno bro, bruce is an integral part of hulk's power and if i have to prove that, the irony would be overwhelming.

leonidas

it's like . . . poetry . . . love

Papa Smurph
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Which is still a fine pick

Why thank you.

DigiMark007
I may not get into the fancy-name and signature thing so much because I have to focus on the end of ill's tourney.

Still, should be a good time. Abstracts running around and whatnot...

id369
I may not get into the fancy-name and signature thing so much because I have to focus on the end of ill's tourney.

Still, should be a good time. Abstracts running around and whatnot...

Fighting abstracts, will not be fun at all >_<

TricksterPriest

Personally, I am a fan of simpler direct strategies. The more complicated your strategy, the harder it becomes to argue it, and it is more prone to failer. Its a gamble though with everything.

Hehe. Heheheh. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! evillaugh You have no idea how far I'm willing to go on my plan.

I'm playing dice with the universe, and it's winner-take-all! if my gambit succeeds, I will surpass the gods.

if it fails, I shall fall lower than Sauron after the destruction of the one ring.

cool

AcHZKZo_BlQ

Inochi wo moyase ikari wo moyase
Ima ga sono toki da

Burn your life, burn your rage.

The time is now. evil face

Symmetric Chaos
Die. Just die.

TricksterPriest
Die. Just die.

is this because of the maniacal laughter? Or because I used Getter robo? confused

Symmetric Chaos
is this because of the maniacal laughter? Or because I used Getter robo? confused

The post as a whole . . .

psycho gundam
Hehe. Heheheh. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! evillaugh You have no idea how far I'm willing to go on my plan.

I'm playing dice with the universe, and it's winner-take-all! if my gambit succeeds, I will surpass the gods.

if it fails, I shall fall lower than Sauron after the destruction of the one ring.

cool

AcHZKZo_BlQ

Inochi wo moyase ikari wo moyase
Ima ga sono toki da

Burn your life, burn your rage.

The time is now. evil face dont get the shin getter robo reference.

man you must get beat up a lot
in real life, I will prey for you..... sad

Symmetric Chaos
in real life, I will prey on you..... sad

Le gasp!

Evangel94

You remind me of the old Greek Legend of Icarus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icarus vampire

So how high are you willing to climb TricksterPriest, before your wings melt?

-Evangel94

psycho gundam
dammit, where is smurph?

id369
Adding the source wall knowledge to your disposal?

darthgoober

darthgoober
And the first round matches are....

1. Creshosk vs Digimark007
2. Papa Smurph vs psycho gundam
3. Symmetric Chaos vs Devil Lance
4. TricksterPriest vs darthgoober
5. King Kandy vs id369
6. SmurphSmash! vs TONY STARK

So let the betting begin!

psycho gundam
1)thor doesn't hit women. nuff said
2)no comment
3)the infamouse speed blitz........its gonna happen, devil lance be prepared....(boring)
4)this one is going to be weird due to super adaptoid's templates(props for the drawing but mjolnir is wishfull thinking).i'venever seen it copy a time based power set so this could be interesting.leaning towards goob.
5)its a toss up, comes down to writer's ability to convince the jury.
6)smurph can't die here so he has two options that are at first glanse apparent :1- fight till opponent falls from repeated assault 2- simple teleport outside of ring(sorry to say it bro)

id369

psycho gundam
is papa smurph using kent nelson or hector hall?
the threads are conflicting

id369
He wishes to use, Kent Nelson for the Pre-Crisis body and feats. Though logically this should not be an available choice, since its suppose to be the most current versions of the character.

But what ever, Its not like we actually win anything out of this. And its just for fun. In either case, those that try cheat or sneak in overpowered characters speak poorly of their debating skills. Hence the reason of their craftiness.

Soljer
He wishes to use, Kent Nelson for the Pre-Crisis body and feats. Though logically this should not be an available choice, since its suppose to be the most current versions of the character.

But what ever, Its not like we actually win anything out of this. And its just for fun. In either case, those that try cheat or sneak in overpowered characters speak poorly of their debating skills. Hence the reason of their craftiness.

I find that to be a pretty ignorant assertion.

id369
I find that to be a pretty ignorant assertion.
Ah how so?

psycho gundam
lol!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>