Shade vs. The Darkness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celestialdemon
Shade

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shade_%28comics%29

vs

The Darkness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Darkness_%28comics%29

grey fox
Darkness

guy222
darkness

Eon Blue
When I first saw this thread, I thought you were referring to Shade (the changing man) by Vertigo. IMO he could take The Darkness. But since this isn't that particular Shade, The Darkness would win.

Tenebrous
darkness.

the darkness is supposed to be a cosmic force (if i remember correctly from darkness infinity), only ineptitude and lack of imagination and limitation by a human host curb its power.

anyway jackie is pretty imaginative with the power now...being able to shapeshift into any creature, having constructs made of darkness that do not disappear, etc. current darkness is pretty powerful....i'd go so far as to put him near magneto in his prime.

guy222
darkness

Galan007
shade and the darkness' powers are almost identical. however, i'd give shade the advantage for one reason in particular - he has shown the ability to usurp the 'shadow powers' from other shadow-wielding characters, adding those powers to his own. i don't see why that wouldn't be a viable tactic for him here. he's also used his powers on a grander scale. *shrugs*

Faux Smurph
What would Darkness do to Shade?

iceman24567
The Shade bitches other shadow users he wins here.

Galan007
Originally posted by Faux Smurph
What would Darkness do to Shade? boast the fact that he could win a popularity contest? ermmgrin

Faux Smurph
Originally posted by Galan007
boast the fact that he could win a popularity contest? ermmgrin Darkness has better feats, IMO... but I don't see any of his usual tricks working on Shade, due to Shade's ability to tamper with other shadow users, and due to Shade's healing/body.

Galan007
Darkness has better feats, IMO... i don't know about better feats, shade's pulled off some pretty uber tricks. however, darkness certainly has more feats. but on average, the way they each use their abilities is nearly identical, imo..

but I don't see any of his usual tricks working on Shade, due to Shade's ability to tamper with other shadow users, and due to Shade's healing/body. agreed.

Faux Smurph
i don't know about better feats, shade's pulled off some pretty uber tricks. however, darkness certainly has more feats. but on average, the way they each use their abilities is nearly identical, imo..
Meh... I'd put Darkness' creating a living woman, and creating a molecule of H2O (iirc) above most of Shade's stuff.

Galan007
Meh... I'd put Darkness' creating a living woman, and creating a molecule of H2O (iirc) above most of Shade's stuff. above shade unleashing a shodow force which devoured planets? above shade creating a city-wide shield which could block out attacks from dr. fate, zatanna, the atom, superman, animal man, etc?

Faux Smurph
above shade unleashing a shodow force which devoured planets? above shade creating a city-wide shield which could block out attacks from dr. fate, zatanna, the atom, superman, animal man, etc? I missed this devouring planets bit... mmm

I also didn't know that the shield could block out Zatanna and Fate. Hmm.

id369
The Darkness is suppose to be a cosmic force. But its greatly limited by the Avatar; let it be by desire, or knowledge. On top of that, he has had his own shadows turn on him, or even have them stolen.

I would not be surprised if the Darkness decides to jump boat, and pick Shade as the new avatar since he seems to have a greater grasp of Shadow Manipulation.

Galan007
question, can the darkness teleport to, and from, other dimensions? if not, then BFR to the dark-dimension may also be a viable tactic for shade.

Doctor-Alvis
The Shade is pretty badass, but I must note - the shield thing was when he was trapped by Culp, the other man who gained shadow powers at the same time he did, in some kind of big magic snow globe thing and was used to generate the shield.

And the planet devouring thing was a future version of the Shade, but it was a result of him losing control of his shadow due to an infection Culp gave him at the above event. It was kinda spewing out of his body uncontrollably.

That is, unless similar things happened more recently. Last time I checked he hasn't been a major character since Starman.

cloud102
Shade.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.