Mephisto vs. Surter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
This war should decided it. What is more powerful...the gods or the straight Universe.

Endless Mike
I've always seen Mephisto as being somewhat above Skyfather level beings like Odin and Surtur

Wonder Man
I've always sorta thought of Mephisto as someone on Galactus level...two paths in the woods and they took theirs.

Endless Mike
Well his higher showings put him around Galactus' level

Lord S
Don't know how well Mephisto would fare against Surtur if they fought in Asgard...but in his own realm, Mephisto all the way.

guy222
where are they fighting

celestialdemon
Depends. If it's in Mephisto's realm, he wins. If it's neutral ground, Surtur wins.

LORD B
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Depends. If it's in Mephisto's realm, he wins. If it's neutral ground, Surtur wins.
i agree

Priest
Surter

guy222
Fire Demon

Kutulu
On neutral grounds, Surtur wins, as he's demolished galaxies on-panel. Mephisto on the other hand got his ass kicked by Hulk.

In either realm, the person who's realm it is, wins.

guy222
surtur

lannfear
sutur....mephisto (love him)...but he is not above skylevel beings ...especially Odin....... big grin big grin

comicfan11
Surtur.
Mephisto has some really painful (Black Panther) low showings.

OneDumbG0
Mephisto has been beaten many a time before. But they usually involve trickery or heroism. In terms of being overpowered... Galactus and Adam Warlock w/ Soul Gem and Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet have overpowered Mephisto. I can't remember other times. I don't think Surtur would use trickery or heroism to beat Mephisto in some moral battle or some battle over Surtur's soul. Surtur is nothing but power. And I don't think he'd overpower Mephisto.

He retconned 616 Earth's history. Roll your eyes all you like, but he did it.

Arahan
He just deleted Spidermans history. Also my interest in reading Spiderman.

As for this I am going with Surtur.

Galan007
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
He retconned 616 Earth's history. Roll your eyes all you like, but he did it. i thought he just mucked with spidey's history, no?

Utrigita
Mephisto... didn't he hold Odin captured for a number of years (guy?)

guy222
Mephisto holding Odin captive

I'll check into that buddy

I remember Mephisto had a good showing against Thor

Surtur FTW IMO

Ruin
Surtur. Mephisto is a tragedy.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Kutulu
On neutral grounds, Surtur wins, as he's demolished galaxies on-panel. Mephisto on the other hand got his ass kicked by Hulk.

In either realm, the person who's realm it is, wins.

Mephisto faked it. Chek in his respect thread.

I say Mephisto. Mephisto have been beaten by PIS it's horrible, but in his high showing, he's seen with being like Galactus.

And it's far beyond Surtur.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Galan007
i thought he just mucked with spidey's history, no? Mucking with Spidey's history is pretty much retconning 616 Earth's history, yes? I mean... Mary Jane has met Captain America before, Mary Jane had lived in Avenger's Tower. I don't know how many villains have held Mary Jane hostage before. How many people knew that Spiderman was Peter Parker because of Civil War? And all of that is now gone and retconned by Mephisto? Who else has accomplished that kind of a feat without an artifact like the Infinity Gauntlet, Cosmic Cube, Forever Crystal, M'kraan Crystal or Ultimate Nullifier? I can't think of anyone with enough personal power to do that off the top of my head...

Endless Mike
Well if it takes place in Mephisto's realm Surtur could only win if he had the Eternal Flame

Galan007
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Mucking with Spidey's history is pretty much retconning 616 Earth's history, yes? I mean... Mary Jane has met Captain America before, Mary Jane had lived in Avenger's Tower. I don't know how many villains have held Mary Jane hostage before. How many people knew that Spiderman was Peter Parker because of Civil War? And all of that is now gone and retconned by Mephisto? Who else has accomplished that kind of a feat without an artifact like the Infinity Gauntlet, Cosmic Cube, Forever Crystal, M'kraan Crystal or Ultimate Nullifier? I can't think of anyone with enough personal power to do that off the top of my head... i don't have a clue as to what actually happened. to be honest, i don't read spider-man whatsoever. i'm just going by what i've heard regarding this instance. that being said, my previous post was... simply a question.

Ambient
Did it specifically said that Mephisto use reality altering powers to accomplish this feat? I mean for all we know it could be the same way Sentry erased himself in history... Just out of curiosity..

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Ambient
Did it specifically said that Mephisto use reality altering powers to accomplish this feat? I mean for all we know it could be the same way Sentry erased himself in history... Just out of curiosity.. Harry Osborn, who went insane, became Green Goblin II and died years and years ago... is now alive. I mean, unless he's a robot, I'm pretty sure Mephisto used some serious magic-whammy-jammy to do that.

Ambient
Yeah reincarnation is within his powerset so long as the soul is in his possession. A definitive serious magic-whammy-jammy powerset at his disposal.. Anyhow its about time this fiend shows some feats in correspond to his power level, tired of him getting whacked by mortals..lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.