Need Some Advice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ordained
I haven't exactly told my family that I'm bisexual yet and I just want to know how to go about doing this. Usually I'm not a secretive person but for some reason I just can't do it. Maybe it's because my siblings strongly dislike homosexuals. Maybe it's because my mom is a Fanatic Christian. I don't know. But I just can't seem to tell them. Any advice erm

Röland
My advice.

Just tell them, if they don't accept it right away, then it's their problem and you shouldn't let it bother you.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Ordained
I haven't exactly told my family that I'm bisexual yet and I just want to know how to go about doing this. Usually I'm not a secretive person but for some reason I just can't do it. Maybe it's because my siblings strongly dislike homosexuals. Maybe it's because my mom is a Fanatic Christian. I don't know. But I just can't seem to tell them. Any advice erm Be prepared for them to straight up trip, duh, I know. They might even go as far as disowning you, but if your parents are good peeps, eventually they will accept it and love you just the same.

SelphieT
Are you living completely on your own? If not, can you?

I'm only putting this question out there, because I have heard horror stories, where people come out to their family members, and their family completely rejects them, and kicks them out of the house, avoiding all contact with their child.

It's not a good thing to keep it in, but...... I'd rather hear you're safe but keeping it quiet, rather than hearing something terrible happened to you.

Fanatic christians......... homophobic siblings.......... doesn't sound too good to come out with at the moment.

guy222
Just tell them

Kelly_Bean
I haven't exactly told my family that I'm bisexual yet and I just want to know how to go about doing this. Usually I'm not a secretive person but for some reason I just can't do it. Maybe it's because my siblings strongly dislike homosexuals. Maybe it's because my mom is a Fanatic Christian. I don't know. But I just can't seem to tell them. Any advice erm
Why do you feel the need to tell them in the first place, I have to ask?! Why do they need to know? I mean if you have a boyfriend that you want to bring around the family around family gatherings that's a different thing but...some things are just left better in the dark.

Piggle Humsy

Although I have heard some bad stories, sometimes family can surprise you.

my cousin came out to his family and I thought they would kick him out and reject him but surprisingly after a little time of shock they came round and accepted him, now he's able to go round there with his bf for dinner, and I never thought I would ever see that happen.

But like Selphie said, unless you have somewhere to go if they do kick you out maybe now is not the time to tell them as you being safe is whats most important.

Ordained
Originally posted by SelphieT
Are you living completely on your own? If not, can you?

I'm only putting this question out there, because I have heard horror stories, where people come out to their family members, and their family completely rejects them, and kicks them out of the house, avoiding all contact with their child.

It's not a good thing to keep it in, but...... I'd rather hear you're safe but keeping it quiet, rather than hearing something terrible happened to you.

Fanatic christians......... homophobic siblings.......... doesn't sound too good to come out with at the moment. i stay with my oldest sister with my son right now because i took a semester off from college but i go back in the fall. i didn't think that it was a good time to tell then either.

Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Why do you feel the need to tell them in the first place, I have to ask?! Why do they need to know? I mean if you have a boyfriend that you want to bring around the family around family gatherings that's a different thing but...some things are just left better in the dark. i was also thinking that myself. i don't have a boyfriend or anything but i would like to freely speak to them when i'm around the fam.

Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
Although I have heard some bad stories, sometimes family can surprise you.

my cousin came out to his family and I thought they would kick him out and reject him but surprisingly after a little time of shock they came round and accepted him, now he's able to go round there with his bf for dinner, and I never thought I would ever see that happen.

But like Selphie said, unless you have somewhere to go if they do kick you out maybe now is not the time to tell them as you being safe is whats most important. true.

LilyMaree
Well I would copy & paste but it's really long.

http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-Your-Family-That-You-Are-Gay

Good tips.

Shelbert Lemon
I admire you for wanting to be honest with your family. However dont jump to admitting anything without thinking through all the possible reactions and how it will effect your son as well as yourself.
Be prepared for a good as well as bad reaction. Since you live with your sister, If its a bad reaction, you need a plan that will support your self as well as your son.
Best wishes.

Kelly_Bean
i was also thinking that myself. i don't have a boyfriend or anything but i would like to freely speak to them when i'm around the fam.

Ah. Well it's good to get things out in the open, I just didn't think it'd be a big thing to need to be got out in the open or not.

But really, there's no real "good" way to break something like this to family. My Dad's "very" Catholic-Christian too and he does not like the thought of homosexuality because he says it's a sin so I know what you are going through somewhat. I've got sexuality issues too, lmao.

Leo.M

I wouldn't say anything unless you had some friends to count on if they kick you out.

You know your family better than any of us. You can either tell them one by one or tell them all at the same time, like at dinner. Which ever makes you feel more sure of yourself and that they'll take it well or okayish.

It might not even be that bad. My family is kind of homophobic, but we do have family members that are gay or bi and their fine with them. its not something everyday parents want to hear but they learn to except it over time.

Goodluck to ya.

DigiMark007
Advice: be careful of soliciting advice from internet forums.

Barker
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Advice: be careful of soliciting advice from internet forums.
Stick it in pooper?

Nah, just kidding, good luck.

~KoK!~
Personally, I wouldn't tell them. Maybe it's just me, but I really don't care if my family knows about my sexual/romantic relations.

Ordained
thanks for all of the advice. it really helps.

GCG
tell them nothing.

shiv
FOCUS on COLLEGE
Get your carreer on track and then maybe when you've developed self belief through achievement you will be less reliant on the RATINGS and reviews you receive from family and friends.

McLovin
Bi-sexual?

You know you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by GCG
tell them nothing. That could lead to disaster, worse than telling them.

Wålshy
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
That could lead to disaster, worse than telling them. how?

Ordained
Originally posted by McLovin
Bi-sexual?

You know you can't have your cake and eat it too. it's strange, but i know exactly what you mean.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.