The Sentry vs. Professor Xavier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

123KID
sure Bob could have the power of a million exploding suns and stalemate Galactus

but Chuck can knock Galactus out

"One psychic command and I could have made every one of them go to sleep.":

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2176/xavier1iw1.th.jpg http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4990/xavier2mk3.th.jpg

Prof X 10/10

CaptainStoic
Only thing is that he could have made them all go to sleep except for Galactus. Did you read The Secret Wars? Xavier had no effect on Galactus' mind... in fact he barely got Galactus to notice him.

123KID
i'm not being serious ya know
if i was i'd be laughing at the idea Sentry could stalemate Galactus

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by 123KID
if i was i'd be laughing at the idea Sentry could stalemate Galactus

Why would you laugh? Sentry lost his memory, this could mean that he is operating at less than a quarter of his original power levels. Marvel comics says that he stalemated Galactus so it's true, whether people want to believe it or not.

Wolverine2006
A Sentry that stalemated Galactus would win...but current Sentry would get his brain shut off.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by 123KID
if i was i'd be laughing at the idea Sentry could stalemate Galactus confused

Lord S
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Why would you laugh? Sentry lost his memory, this could mean that he is operating at less than a quarter of his original power levels. Marvel comics says that he stalemated Galactus so it's true, whether people want to believe it or not. I'm calling bullshit. There's no on-panel proof that Sentry really stalemated Galactus except for a vague account by Spider-man.

I haven't seen this cheap Superman ripoff exhibit any sort of psi powers or resistence, so I'd say Professor X mind-wipes him and makes him believe he's a friggin Barbie doll looking for Ken.

King Kandy
Actually Sentry's psychic powers are far stronger then Xavier's.

Mindset
Originally posted by King Kandy
Actually Sentry's psychic powers are far stronger then Xavier's.

I wouldn't go that far, and even still, knowledge on how to wield telepathy > large amount of raw power.

Lord S
Originally posted by King Kandy
Actually Sentry's psychic powers are far stronger then Xavier's. Has this ever been displayed on-panel? If so, where/when?

Mindset
Originally posted by Lord S
Has this ever been displayed on-panel? If so, where/when?

Nope.

Terryc250
Sentry has a powerful mind, Xavier would have to struggle to turn it off, Sentry speedblitz for the win

btw Chuck cannot do squat to galactus

CaptainStoic
I'm calling bullshit. There's no on-panel proof that Sentry really stalemated Galactus except for a vague account by Spider-man.

I haven't seen this cheap Superman ripoff exhibit any sort of psi powers or resistence, so I'd say Professor X mind-wipes him and makes him believe he's a friggin Barbie doll looking for Ken.
So call bullshit. the fact remains that on panel Marvel says that Sentry stalemated Galactus. Whats so hard to believe? He is an amnesiac, which may explain why he has been less than than people expect him to be. Give it time.

ExodusCloak
Has this ever been displayed on-panel? If so, where/when?

Nope it hasn't. In fact all that was stated on panel was that his mental powers hold his enormous power together and that he's never known how to use them.

Barring a speedblitz Xavier would just shut his mind down with ease. Sentry has shown absolutely no offensive or defensive telepathy as per Emma Frost's comment in the New Avengers Sentry arc. Even before the massive mind wipe(That was down to Mastermind using the Sentry by the way) he did not train himself to protect from psychic attacks as stated by Emma Frost.
That's how Mastermind mind raped the Sentry and then used him to mind wipe the world.

In short, the Sentry NEVER had any protection against psychic attacks and has absolutely no idea how to use is mental powers.

Bad Ash231
Did you read The Secret Wars? Xavier had no effect on Galactus' mind... in fact he barely got Galactus to notice him.

That's obviously been retconned. durfist

Wonder Man
Xavier sent Phoenix running in her original appearence...for what that's worth. Sentry just happens to be crazy...there's no cure for that.
I like how he can time events though. It may not be telepathy...more like knowledge than that. Seeing as he can predict his enemy he stands a good shot against a telepath.

redhotrash
Chuck wins 5 out of 10 by forfeit alone. Sentry hears about Xaviers rep and doesnt bother to leave his house.

Lord S
So call bullshit. the fact remains that on panel Marvel says that Sentry stalemated Galactus. Whats so hard to believe? He is an amnesiac, which may explain why he has been less than than people expect him to be. Give it time. Oh stop being such a shill...

iceman24567
So call bullshit. the fact remains that on panel Marvel says that Sentry stalemated Galactus. Whats so hard to believe? He is an amnesiac, which may explain why he has been less than than people expect him to be. Give it time. Ok the Sentry stalemated a weak Galactus Iron Man can do that moving on. Xavier is probably has the most powerful human mind on earth but The Sentry has those mental blocks it would take effort for him to break threw in my opinion.

tkitna
Xavier would eventually figure it out, but while he was trying, Sentry would walk over and snap his neck.

It truly would be that easy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.