A Copy and Paste Essay of why my Religion is Right

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpearofDestiny

SpearofDestiny

SpearofDestiny

SpearofDestiny

SpearofDestiny

dadudemon
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! My eyes!!!!

Provide a summary for those like me......pleeeeeease?

SpearofDestiny

SpearofDestiny

SpearofDestiny
Hah ! See I knew it ! No one could argue against my intelligent logic !

DigiMark007
Originally posted by dadudemon

It's spite. It can all be ignored.

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by DigiMark007

No. You just can't handle a valid argument when you see it !

Shakyamunison
Big Blue Blocks of Text...

JIA did you hack into SOD's user? laughing

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Big Blue Blocks of Text...

JIA did you hack into SOD's user? laughing

What !

What ?!?!

Preposs..tt..rerous !!!!!

How dare you make such a claim !!!!!! I am directly inspired by the LORD !

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
What !

What ?!?!

Preposs..tt..rerous !!!!!

How dare you make such a claim !!!!!! I am directly inspired by the LORD !

Hey! I think we need an exorcist. eek!

SpearofDestiny
Hey! I think we need an exorcist. eek!

Jesus saves.

Shakyamunison
Jesus saves.

We need an atheist exorcist. laughing out loud

DigiMark007

Somebody rang?

Symmetric Chaos

Whack him with The Origin of Species a few times.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Whack him with The Origin of Species a few times.

You know... there are a lot of atheists that would be offended. I wouldn't joke about the Holy Book like that; it could lead to riots.

stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
You know... there are a lot of atheists that would be offended. I wouldn't joke about the Holy Book like that; it could lead to riots.

stick out tongue

I better be careful, atheists are a mercurial lot and to some a joke like that could be like burning down . . . a library?

queeq
Good thing it's all blue. I can hardly read it on my black background, so I have reason to ignore those VERY LONG POSTS.

Tim Rout
Originally posted by DigiMark007

How facinating. For someone who has so loudly demanded an intellectual defense for the Christian faith, I am surprised that you so quickly dismiss the one offered. Or perhaps I'm not surprised at all....

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Tim Rout
How facinating. For someone who has so loudly demanded an intellectual defense for the Christian faith, I am surprised that you so quickly dismiss the one offered. Or perhaps I'm not surprised at all....

You are joking right?

Shakyamunison

There was no defense offered. This is a sarcastic thread. The text in the beginning was picked because it was so absurd.

Tim Rout
There was no defense offered. This is a sarcastic thread. The text in the beginning was picked because it was so absurd.

While I don't buy everything presented in this fellow's essay, I fail to see how his argument is fundamentally absurd. The more I talk to you guys, the more I'm starting to think your definition of "reasonable" is based on little more than subjective speculation.

Symmetric Chaos
While I don't buy everything presented in this fellow's essay, I fail to see how his argument is fundamentally absurd. The more I talk to you guys, the more I'm starting to think your definition of "reasonable" is based on little more than subjective speculation.

You actually sat down and read all of that? erm

As for what is so bad about the argument. Well in perusal the writer praises the 9/11 attacks, fails to understand evolution on a basic level, resurrection is set up as there entire basis of Christian faith (which is stupid and untrue), the "Jewish establishment" is painted as the "foe of Christ", the writer assumes everything in the Bible is literally true although he cannot prove that.

That's all in just the first post.

chickenlover98
While I don't buy everything presented in this fellow's essay, I fail to see how his argument is fundamentally absurd. The more I talk to you guys, the more I'm starting to think your definition of "reasonable" is based on little more than subjective speculation. do you know what spam and joke threads are? cause this is one of them. not one person in this entire message board considers this a useful block of text(except SOD because he's crazy and gay stick out tongue ) the fact that you read it is kinda sad sad

queeq
You actually sat down and read all of that? erm

The guy deserves some respect!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by queeq
The guy deserves some respect!

Or sugar . . .

queeq
laughing out loud

chickenlover98
The guy deserves some respect! that guy deserves to be touched by Chuck Norris

EDIT: did i mention:there's a giant purple deathsquirrel on my porch

queeq
Well, you know what to do with it.

lil bitchiness
People, people, people...

God was doing his own thing on Sept 11th. He didn't come into existence to watch over Americans. There are 190 odd countries in the world to keep an eye on...which I am sure he was doing.

Besides, Arabs pray to him every day. Americans don't. If I was God, I'd be like...Alright Arabs, but just this one time...don't make me come down there.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

God was doing his own thing on Sept 11th. He didn't come into existence to watch over Americans. There are 190 odd countries in the world to keep an eye on...which I am sure he was doing.

Besides, Arabs pray to him every day. Americans don't. If I was God, I'd be like...Alright Arabs, but just this one time...don't make me come down there.

You really need to read the essay rather than make up insane excuses for what happened. It's very clear that 9/11 wasn't an accident, all those deaths brought more people to Christ smile

queeq

Good avatar.

Shakyamunison

It is absurd because of the person who posted it.

JacopeX
Good work.

I still believe however, that religion is nothing but a belief. No way to tell if it happened or not and it should not matter to atheist at all, otherwise they are just plain ignorant who can't seem to stop and think of respecting the views of others who are not even harming them whatsoever. Extremism is the ONLY problem with religion which can be fixed easily. I will continue believing in my faith. I am done debating on religion.

queeq

So the person makes it sucky??? Very odd.

Symmetric Chaos

It's because Urizen is gay isn't it? You bigot!

lil bitchiness
You really need to read the essay rather than make up insane excuses for what happened. It's very clear that 9/11 wasn't an accident, all those deaths brought more people to Christ smile

Of course 9/11 wasn't an accident. In case you didn't hear, Arabs deliberately flew the plains into towers.

Good avatar.

Thanks. I heart Putin. flirt1

Symmetric Chaos
Of course 9/11 wasn't an accident. In case you didn't hear, Arabs deliberately flew the plains into towers.

Because the Jesus God told them to. You seem to think he just wasn't paying attention. Blasphemy I tell you! Blasphemy!

lil bitchiness
Because the Jesus God told them to. You seem to think he just wasn't paying attention. Blasphemy I tell you! Blasphemy!
What you chattin' about, ya flip-flopper?

Quiero Mota
What you chattin' about, ya flip-flopper?

That's a pretty cool sig, ey. I don't agree with it in any way, shape or form, but I think it's asthetically pleasing.

GCG
She putin a sig that looks very much unlike her.

Alliance

stick out tongue

Its not holy. It plays no part in Atheism, as retarted threads should not play a role in this forum.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance
Its not holy. It plays no part in Atheism, as retarted threads should not play a role in this forum.

stick out tongue

SpearofDestiny

I know right !

These people are SO ignorant ! They don't understand the validity of Christianity, and how much Jesus saves !

I literally proved God's existance and the validity of Christianity with my essay. Yes, instead of providing solid arguments to rebutt my testiment, they simply bash and attack like the immoral, unclean, sinful, disgusting athiests they are.

God curse those who do not beleive !

Shakyamunison
I know right !

These people are SO ignorant ! They don't understand the validity of Christianity, and how much Jesus saves !

I literally proved God's existance and the validity of Christianity with my essay. Yes, instead of providing solid arguments to rebutt my testiment, they simply bash and attack like the immoral, unclean, sinful, disgusting athiests they are.

God curse those who do not beleive !

Burn them at the stake. mad

inimalist
Burn them at the stake. mad

use books for kindling

fini
OMG , dude come back to us.

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by fini
OMG , dude come back to us.

NEVER !

My eyes have been opened to the Light and Glory of the Lord !

fini
wow brain damage is really sad

hehehe

DigiMark007

Wow. This is borderline trollish. In any case, if you had bothered to see the spite in the first place, or follow the posting habits of pretty much anyone on the boards, you'd realize that SoD was in no way being serious and was only making a point about the way many others "debate" on these forums.

So no, I didn't read it. If SoD wanted actual discussion, he would've posted it in a different manner, much more conducive to discussion.

As it is, I'm surprised this thread is still open. It doesn't really serve any purpose except to highlight the posting habits of some, as well as SoD's immaturity and inability to deal with said posting habits.

Off topic but semi-pertinent to SoD...I have a friend whose entre family is atheist (the mom's agnostic, to be fair). His brother is gay and converted to Catholicism. Seemed a rare and unanticipated development, but anecdotal enough to share. So it can happen...just not in this manner ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ).

Quark_666

Well, I think it's safe to say you just gave SoD quite a laugh!!

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by Quark_666
Well, I think it's safe to say you just gave SoD quite a laugh!!

lol yeah he did hysterical2

Like Digimark said, I'm not only surprised that this thread is still open, but what's even more surprising is that people are still debating here laughing

red g jacks
i am not reading all that shit sorry but maybe god let 9/11 happen because god is the only major force left that isn't in cohoots with the u.s. government.

willRules
This is so clearly a spite thread, so why isn't it closed??? I think the author of the essay made some very stupid points. I was surprised to see a (very small) number of valid points though. If I mocked someone because of their beliefs, race, gender, sexual preference etc etc then my thread would be closed quicker than people can yell spite, so why have more than one mod reviewed this blatant mockery of someones beliefs and then just sat by?

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by willRules
This is so clearly a spite thread, so why isn't it closed??? I think the author of the essay made some very stupid points. I was surprised to see a (very small) number of valid points though. If I mocked someone because of their beliefs, race, gender, sexual preference etc etc then my thread would be closed quicker than people can yell spite, so why have more than one mod reviewed this blatant mockery of someones beliefs and then just sat by?

The authors or those quotes are JIA and Marcello

willRules
And how does this stop it from being a spite thread?

Shakyamunison

Spite is too strong of a word. This is more of a spoof thread. You have to keep in mind that this thread is a reflection of things that people, on this forum, have done in the past.

As an example: I made a thread to answer any question about my religion, because I am the only Nichiren Buddhist here. Then JIA started filling the thread with cut and paste articles from Christian sites that insulted Buddhism. I told him to stop, and that the purpose of this thread was educational, not debate, but he refused. So, if you want to talk about spite, you should talk to some of your fellow Christians.

Blax_Hydralisk
Why should he talk to his fellow Christians?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Why should he talk to his fellow Christians?

Why not?

willRules
Wow you pin the blame on the fellow Christians, how unsurprising.

As I've already said this is a spite thread pure and simple. I don't care what faith they are trying to mock, it's the point that they are mocking it in what I would deem a very cruel manner.

If I felt that your beliefs were being insulted I would stand up for you and I hope you would do the same for me.

Shakyamunison
Wow you pin the blame on the fellow Christians, how unsurprising.

As I've already said this is a spite thread pure and simple. I don't care what faith they are trying to mock, it's the point that they are mocking it in what I would deem a very cruel manner.

If I felt that your beliefs were being insulted I would stand up for you and I hope you would do the same for me.

I'm sorry, but out of all the people I have met in my life, the most hateful ones were Christian. I know that this is just my perspective, and that there are a lot of good Christians out there, but to complain about this silly thread reminds me of the verse from the bible that tells you to get the beam from you own eye first.

chickenlover98
I'm sorry, but out of all the people I have met in my life, the most hateful ones were Christian. I know that this is just my perspective, and that there are a lot of good Christians out there, but to complain about this silly thread reminds me of the verse from the bible that tells you to get the beam from you own eye first. maybe cause there are more christians where u live duh.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by chickenlover98
maybe cause there are more christians where u live duh.

Could be, or it might also be because I'm a Buddhist.

chickenlover98
Could be, or it might also be because I'm a Buddhist. could be laughing

SpearofDestiny

This thread was not intended to insult you or your religion. This thread was meant to portray a point I have been trying to get across for a while, but it seems either people are ignoring that point, or just don't get it.

The point is this:

You can beleive whatever you wish to believe. You don't have to justify why, it's your life, your choice.

However, if you are trying to tell other people what to believe, or what to do with their lives, then the LEAST you can do is explain why you are correct. You can't just tell people what to believe, and then expect them to just go on the same blind faith that you go on.

In every attempt to prove the validity of the Bible, posters such as JIA, Marcello, and several others have simply copy and pasted either essays from other websites, chick tracts, or Bible quotes.

The error:

1) Chick Tracts are not factual, but based on one's intepretation of the Bible.

2) Any Christian website having to do with the Bible, will simply give a personal intepretation of scripture.

So that leaves only scripture as support.

However, that is not proof. Scripture, in a debate, is as valid as anything anyone else says. As beautiful or as majestic as Scripture may be, it is not proof of anything.

You cannot use the Bible to prove the Bible valid. I cannot say that a comic book is non-fictional truth, and then when you ask me to prove it, I say "well, the comic book says is true, so it must be".

That is intentional and flawed circular reasoning, and it does not work.

So....if you want to use Scripture to illustrate your own intepretation of God, or Christianity, or morality, that is fine. Because in that case, you are only using a source of collective writing to back up your opinion.

But....you cannot use scripture to prove scripture is fact. "The Bible is valid, because the Bible says it is".

No....that is pretty much the SAME EXACT THING as saying:

"You have to believe what I tell you to believe, because I told you to believe it".

Do you understand ? Or do I have to make another stupid thread to get that across ?

willofthewisp
"maybe cause there are more christians where u live duh."---chickenlover

Chickenlover, shaky has been nothing but respectful to everyone in the short time that I have been visiting this particular forum, and I don't think the "duh" at the end was very much appreciated. It is sad the majority of negative people in his life professed to be of the Christian faith, and you do have a point that maybe that's because he knows mainly other Christians. But you don't know his life better than he does.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by dadudemon

Deja~vu
Blue. sad

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Blue. sad

Red embarrasment

SpearofDestiny
WHITE droolio

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.