If you were Vader.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
In ROTJ, what would you have done differently? I am referring to the beginning, when Han is liberated from Jabbas palace.

Think about it...Vader had to know that Luke and the others would make an effort to save Han, why not have a trap waiting for them?

queeq
Maybe a conflict with the Hutts could cause a problem. I don't find that too bothersome.

Rogue Jedi
You think the Empire feared the Hutts? Vader, afraid of a fat ass crime lord named Jabba? crylaugh

Sesse
Even Ewoks are a force to be feared by the Empire.

Rogue Jedi
That was a fluke, the Ewoks were a wild card in a battle that 9 times out of 10 the Empire would win.

Vader knows of the Hutts, knows their capabilities, and is entirely capable of planning a trap to capture Luke without raising their suspicions.

Even if they would know, and Vader didnt wanna cause any ripples in the lake, he could easily pay them off to go along with the plan.

No, Vader should have done just that. Sith lords are really stoopid sumtimes.

queeq
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
You think the Empire feared the Hutts? Vader, afraid of a fat ass crime lord named Jabba? crylaugh

It's like the government of Italy or even Europe going to war with the mafia... I don't think it'll be nice.

Rogue Jedi
Comparing the government of Italy to the EMPIRE is ludicrous. The Empire's power is on a whole different level than the government than Italy. The Empire would CRUSH the Hutts in no time at all.

queeq
Well, tehre's always the question of gain. You can see in ESB the Empire uses the services of bounty hunters. Obviously they provide for some need the Empire cannot do themselves. It's not strange to think the Hutts' tentacles spread far in outer rim territories, where the Empire is less present, that knowing the Hutts control these area's, makes everything rather under control. All you have to talk to is the Hutts, and all you have to leave alone are the Hutts.

No Empire can be omnipresent everywhere.

Rogue Jedi
as I said, pay off the Hutts to allow the trap to be set. Plus they always have the Black sun and Prince Xizor.

Tangible God
The Hutts aren't a threat, but they're a good way to keep the natural seedy underbelly of the population in check without the Empire putting in the effort. Feckin' things up just wouldn't be worth it.

And in the year that passed between ESB and ROTJ, without bringing in the dreaded EU, how would Vader have gained Luke's rescue-schedule?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Tangible God
The Hutts aren't a threat, but they're a good way to keep the natural seedy underbelly of the population in check without the Empire putting in the effort. Feckin' things up just wouldn't be worth it.

And in the year that passed between ESB and ROTJ, without bringing in the dreaded EU, how would Vader have gained Luke's rescue-schedule? Vader knew Jabba had Han as a captive, and he knew Han and Luke were good friends, he had t have suspected that Luke was gonna try and liberate him.

and again, for the THIRD TIME, PAY OFF THE HUTTS TO GO ALONG WITH IT.

queeq
Tell Vader, not us.

Elite Hunter
I think Vader knew that Luke was going to rescue him. Maybe Vader wanted Luke to succeed so his powers could expand by facing Jabba and make him more powerful so he can use him vs the emperor.

Rogue Jedi
hmmmm....good point there.

queeq
Sounds a little too complex for SW.

Rogue Jedi
not really, sounds dead on in fact.

queeq
It does. Too much plans within plans. Sounds a little too 'Dune'y to me.

Rogue Jedi
in Shadows of the Empire, Vader is informed that Luke is captured by bounty hunters. Vader goes to retrieve Luke, but upon arrival, he finds that Luke escaped, all the while "blocking blaster bolts with his lightsaber.".....Vader is angry that Luke escaped, but is pleased that Luke has taken it to the next level.

queeq
Ahem.. *cough* *cough* EU! *cough* *Cough*

Rogue Jedi
DAMN...Did I just do that? laughing out loud my bad.

queeq
Very. wink

Rogue Jedi
oh shaddap, I owned up to it. ninja

queeq
You did, very gentlemanlike... I was just rubbing it in. evil face

Rogue Jedi
I'll give you something to rub, you sexy beast. heartbeat

queeq
ROOOAAARRRR

Rogue Jedi
In the jungle, the mighty jungle.....

queeq
laughing out loud

Mairuzu
In ROTJ, what would you have done differently? I am referring to the beginning, when Han is liberated from Jabbas palace.

Think about it...Vader had to know that Luke and the others would make an effort to save Han, why not have a trap waiting for them? Grab an ewok and hug it to death eek!

queeq
Good advice.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Grab an ewok and hug it to death eek! translation=masturbate his hairy penis? eek!

Mairuzu
translation=masturbate his hairy penis? eek!

you know it eek!

Rogue Jedi
crylaugh

queeq
We have good linguists!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.