Standard Wolverine vs Ultimate Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redhotrash
Current Wolverine vs Ultimate Hulk.
Can Wolverine survive against this version of the Hulk?
Is the green psychopath put in his place?

Gecko4lif
ultimate hulk is weaker then 616

redhotrash
I'd call that into question, hes never hit his limit on panel and has broken adamantium.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
ultimate hulk is weaker then 616 doesn't mean he won't stomp Logan

Grammaton
Wolverine is way out of his depth. Ultimate Hulk has bested most of the Ultimates including Ultimate Thor.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by redhotrash
I'd call that into question, hes never hit his limit on panel and has broken adamantium.
He has broken ULTIMATE adamantium.
Namor has also broken it

It isnt the same as 616 adamantium

Originally posted by Master-Borg
doesn't mean he won't stomp Logan

He isnt even base class 100

redhotrash
I certainly havent seen anything to say he isnt class 100. It'd be hard to convince me those giant robots he tossed around 1 handed werent about 100tons, and he did that fresh out of a Banner transformation, no amping needed.
As for the adamantium, yeah its not 616, but Namor breaking it doesnt lessen the feat, Namor is supposed to be the strongest current earth bound character in the Ultimate universe.

Darth Martin
Hulk 8/10.

616 Wolverine was originally introduced as Hulk villain.

The Pict
I think Wolverine will pull off a win or two but he loses the majority no doubt.

He isnt even base class 100

According to what?

Wolverine2006
Ultimate Hulk did not broke adamantium Ultimate Wolverine has normal joints in between the adamantium and that's what he broke...and when has Ultimate Namor broken adamantium?

redhotrash
Ultimate Hulk snapped a adamantium needle with his thumb. Personally I think with a few more showings he should be considered the strongest Non-PIS (aka WWH) Hulk there is. Ive yet to see him even struggle with a power feat, and hes a lot more viscious than any other Hulk variation. Also, whos to say that ultimate adamantium is weaker than standard? Maybe Ultimate Hulk is just that strong?

Dark-Jaxx
Hulk eats him.

Mindset
Ultimate Hulk snapped a adamantium needle with his thumb. Personally I think with a few more showings he should be considered the strongest Non-PIS (aka WWH) Hulk there is. Ive yet to see him even struggle with a power feat, and hes a lot more viscious than any other Hulk variation. Also, whos to say that ultimate adamantium is weaker than standard? Maybe Ultimate Hulk is just that strong?

Lol.

NiņoAraņa
lawls. so he broke an adamantium tipped needle? i think that's what you mean. i should check.

ultimatethor
THUNDERCLAP!!

redhotrash
No, he took a needle, made of adamantium, and snapped it like a pencil. Everyone wouldnt have made the "!?!" expression had it been a mundane feat.

Sado22
The Incredible "Bulk" takes this. what is wolverine going to do anyway?
scratch him?
this is practically spite. Hulk smashes wolverine around like the overrated hairball that he is.

~Sado

severance
Ultimate hulk is a true monster no morale boundaries. He would kill and eat wolverine and sh!t out the adamantium bones (and enjoy it)

grey fox
He has broken ULTIMATE adamantium.
Namor has also broken it

It isnt the same as 616 adamantium

That I will agree with, considering a Mortar broke some.

Sado22
Word.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Sado22
The Incredible "Bulk" takes this. what is wolverine going to do anyway?
scratch him?
~Sado
By scratch you mean impale Ult Hulk numerous times.

severance
Originally posted by Battlehammer
By scratch you mean impale Ult Hulk numerous times.

Ultimate hulk, 616 hulk, even movie hulk (but not TV hulk) they are not losing to Wolverine. Grey hulk got ripped to pieces by wolverine but he just kept on healing up. Ultimate hulk is wont to rip your arms off if you p!ss him off (as he did with ultimate abomination). Wolverine is not going to do much more damage without his arms

Battlehammer
Did I say they lose? Nope.

also movie Hulk was a complete joke.

Actaully Grey Hulk lost he was KO which is a win on the forum.

616 arms can not be ripped off. It been tried before and they all failed. His skeleton is linked to gather

Sin I AM
I hate any match that states versus Wolverine or versus Hulk because the fanboys come out in droves, but i'm bored at work so i'll comment.

Ultimate Hulk is the pinnacle of strength in the 616 universe, as shown he was able to rip the adamantium laced Earth 1610 version of Logan apart...although its been put into question that Ultimate Marvel adamantium is not as strong as 616 put i dunno, imo its a rumor started to appease fanboys who fell wolverine can never truly lose.

That being said I see no reason y this version of hulk should lose this match-up

Battlehammer
It not a rumor it fact.

616 adamatium is trully unbreakable. Also unlike ult universe, 616 WOlverines bones are all connected.

Master-Borg
Also unlike ult universe, 616 WOlverines bones are all connected.

I still find that to be BS. his bones are connected at joints like anyone else's skeleton....those joints are connected by tendon and cartilage (which is not adamantium)

therefore he can be ripped apart. He just can't be broken.

llagrok
It not a rumor it fact.

616 adamatium is trully unbreakable. Also unlike ult universe, 616 WOlverines bones are all connected.

Thor snapped adamantium coils with little trouble cool

Battlehammer
Originally posted by llagrok
Thor snapped adamantium coils with little trouble cool

Not A grade adamtium it was reconnt to B grade.

Battlehammer

Master-Borg

Battlehammer
that's artists depiction....it's never been stated that Wolverine's skeleton would remain together without tendons
Are you kidding me?

Now you just refusing to admitt when you are wrong.

You can clearly see the skeleton still attached in the civil war issue.

You can also clearly see the arm bones connect in the new x-men issue

There no tendones present. There no muscles and yet there still attached.

Then you can clearly see a 100 class opponet failing ripp Logan apart.

Hulk has also tried and failed to ripp logan apart.

Logan has had his adamatium bones shown togather ever single time in the 616 universes.

Please go a head try and find a time were his adamatium bones were shown apart in 616 universe.

Both silver samuria and Ogun have failed to cut inbetween the vertabrae when they have attampted.

It a fact his adamatium bones are link togather.

It sad that you would deny it when the evidence is shown to you. Your pathetic.

Master-Borg
I admit the pictures back up what you claim (as ludicrous as it may seem), but my point is that those can be chalked up to artist's renditions. Where has it ever been stated in writing that Wolverine's skeleton is different from a normal person's?

NOWHERE, because before the adamantium grafting, Logan's skeletal structure is the same as any other persons....where bones are connected by joints, cartilage, and tendons. Wolverine wasn't some freak where his bones were just magically joined. And adding adamantium into his bones doesn't change that fact.

Battlehammer
I admit the pictures back up what you claim (as ludicrous as it may seem), but my point is that those can be chalked up to artist's renditions. Where has it ever been stated in writing that Wolverine's skeleton is different from a normal person's?

NOWHERE, because before the adamantium grafting, Logan's skeletal structure is the same as any other persons....where bones are connected by joints, cartilage, and tendons. Wolverine wasn't some freak where his bones were just magically joined. And adding adamantium into his bones doesn't change that fact.

You make me laugh. You can deny it all you like, but it a fact and it been that way for years and years.

See the whole artiest rendition idea of your's to deny the fact that they are attached only works if one artiest shows it to be that way not all of them. Not a single comic issue has shown wolverines adamatium bones not to be connected in the 616 universe, but please your welcome to attempt to find one in your vast wolverine collection you suposivly have.

Were has it ever been stated that logans bone structure is different then that of a human's.........are you serous? for one he has claws.......so right off the bat his bone structure is not human, then there also the fact his bones with out adamatium are beyond human in durability..........

actaully the adamatium does change that fact. His adamtium turn into adamtium beta which alter a lot of things. The bonding processes of the adamtium is how they became connected and has been that way since day one.

All the evidence shows this. All the times superhuman beings have attempted to ripp him apart shows this, all fo the times master swords men have tried to cut inbetween the bones shows this.

But pleases I love to see you try to argue cold facts that have been shown and tested.

this is like trying to say colossus moving never happen, it just the way that all the artiest drawn him thats all in reality he simply stands there unmoving, becuases it never been stated how he able to move.

your arguement is awful. I guess capt simply peak-human, becuases well it never been stated he was anything, but and all his feats that surpass peak-human level are jsut the fault of the artiest......it's an awful arguement. many things happen in comics and are not stated, but does not mean they are not true when they are shown and tested repeatedly. I quess batmans not peak-human either since it never been stated only shown repeatedly.

Master-Borg
So I guess one of Wolverine's new powers is that his bones are magically connected, not by tendons or cartilage, but by some mysterious process only Battlehammer knows. *snickers*

redhotrash
....If all his bones are connected to each other by a unbreakable metal, how is he able to bend his wrists, rotate his hips, or I dunno, WALK by bending his knees and ankles?

Master-Borg
....If all his bones are connected to each other by a unbreakable metal, how is he able to bend his wrists, rotate his hips, or I dunno, WALK by bending his knees and ankles?

no, it's not adamantium that connects his bones....it's MAGIC!

Wolverine2006
The needle that Ult. Hulk broke was adamantium tipped, Wolverine wins the majority here.

redhotrash
I could break an adamantium tipped needle, just snap it at the base. I really doubt they gave it its own panel and character reactions because Hulk snapped a standard needle with a hard tip. Also if WWH is able to simply pound Wolverine out, Ultimate Hulk will as well, only he doesnt stop at the K.O.

Lumby
Hulk takes a good majority

superchron
Ultimate Hulk eats wolvie

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by superchron
Ultimate Hulk eats wolvie

For that statement I have another...

Wolverine cuts Hulk's head off.

At least until you have a good argument. no expression

superchron
Originally posted by Wolverine2006

At least until you have a good argument. no expression

UH............Ultimate Hulk eats people

Wolverine2006
uh...yea he does, but how is going to eat someone who heals faster than Hulk eats...and is also someone who often goes toe to toe with 616 Hulk...who is far more powerful than Ultimate Hulk...and theres also that whole unbreakable and also "uneatable" skeleton thing that Wolverine has going for him.

Battlehammer

Master-Borg

This baffles you when characters are gods, have the power of a million exploding suns, and have the ability to turn to mist, ice and then back to flesh and blood. Yet this is unbelievable?
Not to mention character such as colossus who turn to solid steal are some are able to walk and you do not question it and yet you think this makes no senses?

Colossus' POWER is to turn to steel.

Iceman's POWER is to turn to ice.

Sentry's POWER is to have the power of stars.

Does Wolverine's POWER include having a skeleton that is mysteriously not connected by tendon or cartilage but some mysterious magical force?! I guess so laughing out loud

Battlehammer

Does Wolverine's POWER include having a skeleton that is mysteriously not connected by tendon or cartilage but some mysterious magical force?! I guess so laughing out loud

No it not one of his powers it one of his assets and has been like that from the start.

Just becuases it some ones power does not mean it makes anymore senses or any more valid then wolverines skeleton being connected to one another.

It been a part of him since his entrance into the X-Men, as had Colossus ability to turn to solid metal. So colossus can move without a single explantion how his solid metal body is able to function and move, but Logan doing the same is some how rediculous? Just becuases it his "power" does not explain why he can do it. He simply can it part of his character as is Wolverines skeleton being connected.

There is no differences and both have evidences that prove they can. It a fact and not debatable.

Also Ice mans power was not original the ability to turn to solid ice. This was added later and yet you allow it with out question, but wolverines skeleton being connect like it has been from the start is just to rediculous to you.

Your only real problem with it is the fact it Wolverine. Other wise you would not care.

Logan skeleton is connect it a fact and may evidences proves it without a doubt. So you really have no leg to stand on in this argeument.

Master-Borg
no, i have a problem with it not because it doesn't make sense...as you said, it's a friggin comic, things don't make sense

I have a problem with it because NO ONE ever stated Logan's skeleton is specially connected...if some writer adds this to Logan's attributes, I would have no problem with it at all, but no writer has. as far as we know, logan's skeletal structure is same as any other persons...ie they're connected at joints by tendons and cartilage, which are not unbreakable at all

anyways, it looks like you're not going to switch your position, so we should just agree to disagree

Battlehammer
no, i have a problem with it not because it doesn't make sense...as you said, it's a friggin comic, things don't make sense

I have a problem with it because NO ONE ever stated Logan's skeleton is specially connected...if some writer adds this to Logan's attributes, I would have no problem with it at all, but no writer has. as far as we know, logan's skeletal structure is same as any other persons...ie they're connected at joints by tendons and cartilage, which are not unbreakable at all

anyways, it looks like you're not going to switch your position, so we should just agree to disagree

Yes it a comic.

Here the thing it was not added it been there from day one. Actaully your assuming that his skeleton structureis the same as a normal humans when we know it not. for one he has claws, and teeth that are far more canine then human. So actaully why would it need to be stated? It been like that from the start, it was not added in. Your the one who assumed his skeleton was the same as a humans. You assume that the bones are connect by tendons which has never been stated and from the first time we viewed his skeleton it has been shown to be connect.

So your on biases for your onpion is extremely off, becauses you have been assumthing something that from the start was wrong.

It not a matter of disagreeing, your wrong plain and simply. I have evidence you do not.

Master-Borg

It not a matter of disagreeing, your wrong plain and simply. I have evidence you do not. Your evidence is very weak. We assume Wolverine's skeletal structure resembles human skeletal structure unless stated otherwise.

You are the only one who believes Logan's skeleton is 'magically' connected together. Nobody else agrees with you.

severance
Did I say they lose? Nope.

also movie Hulk was a complete joke.

Actaully Grey Hulk lost he was KO which is a win on the forum.

616 arms can not be ripped off. It been tried before and they all failed. His skeleton is linked to gather

so he has adamantium tendons as well as bones - where does it state this. If not his arms can be pulled from their socklets.

Mindset
Wolverine's limbs cannot be separated from his body, it is never explained, but that is how it is.

severance
Originally posted by Mindset
Wolverine's limbs cannot be separated from his body, it is never explained, but that is how it is.

so where is it stated that they cannotbe separated.

Mindset
Originally posted by severance

Well, Nitro reduced Wolverine to nothing but bones and he didn't fall apart.

Look on the last page at Battlehammer's scans.

Battlehammer

Battlehammer
Originally posted by severance
Did you miss my scanns? Two of which showed the skeleton connected. One of which showed Ba'al a class 100 failing to ripp Logans arms out of it sockate becases there connected.

severance
Did you miss my scanns? Two of which showed the skeleton connected. One of which showed Ba'al a class 100 failing to ripp Logans arms out of it sockate becases there connected.

yes i did miss the scans apologies skim reading failure.

I think this shows yet again a paucity in the writing talent of some mags. The only thing that holds joints together are fleshy tissues like tendons and ligaments. The first two scans I would put down to poor artwork and understanding of anatomy and the third one ("why can I not tear you apart?" "because of my adamantium bones"wink because of poor writing and again lack of understanding of anatomy. I will not be satisfied with this until marvel states that Wolverines anatomy is significantly different (barring the claws) from a human.

For instance if he does not have tendons then how does he actually flex his joints. What you are describing here is something more akin to terminator than a mutant human.

redhotrash
Im willing to suspend belief on a lot of things because they are obviously works of fiction. But Colossus turning metal is his power. Wolverine wasnt born with adamantium, so him somehow being able to bend the metal to move his joints is simply an oversight. Theres countless examples of these sorts of things, some of which are corrected later. Galactus first appeared with a giant "G" on his belt, despite being from outer space is just one of 'em.
And whos to say Ultimate Hulk is weaker than his 616 counterpart? I generally dislike most Hulk incarnations, but this guy is a beast. Ultimate Hulk has yet to reach his limit. Hes more agressive than Savage Hulk, is smarter, and fights dirtier just because it amuses him. He doesnt need to pull Wolverine's arms out of their sockets to beat him.

jinzin

maybe not.. but likewise to the artists depiction argument, couldn't it also be said that it's a narrative depiction of logans character to keep his bones from being seperated by class 100 level opponents?

Battlehammer
so as ive proven and jinzin and srank over and over is that Logans bones are connected.

To ignores this fact based on it not being realistic ina world were people turn to solid metal, lift biulding and so forth is rediculous.

It been depicted this way from day one. It been on pannel scans that show this to be true.

People of class 100 have tried to ripp him a apart and failled.

People have tried to cut in between his adamatium and have failed.

People have scanned his body and were unsure he even was human, but they new for a fact e clearly was not human.

His attonomy has never been that of a humans. To assume so would be ignoring his very core of his character.

EvilTyrant
Now that I think of it I remember reading some old Hulk comics where someone impales themself on Wolverine's claws. In this future setting Wolverine's skeleton is still together. As a matter of fact, every future where you see Wolverine's skeleton, its still in one piece.

jks
Originally posted by EvilTyrant
Now that I think of it I remember reading some old Hulk comics where someone impales themself on Wolverine's claws. In this future setting Wolverine's skeleton is still together. As a matter of fact, every future where you see Wolverine's skeleton, its still in one piece. I can go to a natural history museum and see a t-rex skeleton that is *gasp* still together

Even in the world of comic books, it's idiotic and embarrassing to think that bones are connected to other bones by bone. It makes all fluid movement IMPOSSIBLE. There's only so much belief you can suspend when reading comics without crossing the line into humiliating yourself.....right battlehamemer?

severance
Originally posted by jks
I can go to a natural history museum and see a t-rex skeleton that is *gasp* still together

Even in the world of comic books, it's idiotic and embarrassing to think that bones are connected to other bones by bone. It makes all fluid movement IMPOSSIBLE. There's only so much belief you can suspend when reading comics without crossing the line into humiliating yourself.....right battlehamemer?

Indeed true. You see the thing about adamantium is that it is not flexible and the thing about tendons and so on is that they are. So how does wolverine flex his joints if they are connected by adamantium. And even if there is some kind of robot arm going on with his endo skeleton what then are the purpose of his muscles because they would clearly not be connected via tendons to his bones. Are they just there for aesthetics?

over to the believers blow

Battlehammer

redhotrash
And your getting too caught up on 1 detail of the overall fight. People under class 100 have knocked out Wolverine.

Master-Borg

And like before you guys are arguing a proven fact.

it's not a proven fact, please don't spew lies.

Again, when someone has a power that allows them to do something (ie Colossus is organic metal therefore he can move) readers can suspend belief.

however, logan has never been stated to have some weird skeletal connection that does not use tendons or cartilage. His anatomy is basically (except for claws) exactly that of a normal human's....so there is no reason to assume that his joints are somehow different.

Battlehammer
And your getting too caught up on 1 detail of the overall fight. People under class 100 have knocked out Wolverine.
True though though that be a low showing and most were given reasons why.

Oh and I agree Wolverine loses 10/10 I simply was correcting people about the whole ripp him apart theory

Battlehammer

Master-Borg
battlehammer, you're the ONLY one who thinks its a fact Logan's skeleton is connected not by tendons or cartilage.

and using pics is not evidence....hell how many times do artists show a guy who isn't a CL100 lifting MUCH HEAVIER objects

severance

Sin I AM
A theory of mine was that Wolverines's adamantium skeleton was not a "skeleton" in the traditional sense, but more or less just a human skeleton bonded to him at a molecular level making it conceivble that his tendons and joints would also be subjected to this molecular bonding and would therefore be almost as unbreakable as adamantium but still able to fuction as tendons normally would, with them just made more durable.

still Ult Hulk is what 616 should be...he just picks wolverines flesh right off his bones

janus77
hmm, didn't Ultimate Hulk rip Ultimate Wolverine in half... couldn't he do the same to standard Wolverine?

anyway, regular WWH beat the crap out of Wolverine easy... and he definitely wasn't intent on killing Wolverine but he knew howto (smash the brain inside the adamantium cranium). ruthless amoral Ult. Hulk would destroy the furball almost instantly.

Mindset
Originally posted by janus77
hmm, didn't Ultimate Hulk rip Ultimate Wolverine in half... couldn't he do the same to standard Wolverine?

anyway, regular WWH beat the crap out of Wolverine easy... and he definitely wasn't intent on killing Wolverine but he knew howto (smash the brain inside the adamantium cranium). ruthless amoral Ult. Hulk would destroy the furball almost instantly.

No, WWH said he couldn't kill Wolverine, it's not that he didn't want to.

And Ult. Wolverine and 616 Wolverine are not exactly the same, as it has been shown Wolverine's bones can not be separated.

But yes, he would lose this fight.

redhotrash
If he wanted to kill him, he could simply disable Wolverine and suck his brain out through his eye sockets. Ult. Hulk is that f'ed up.

severance
If he wanted to kill him, he could simply disable Wolverine and suck his brain out through his eye sockets. Ult. Hulk is that f'ed up.

seconded

janus77
Originally posted by Mindset
No, WWH said he couldn't kill Wolverine, it's not that he didn't want to.

And Ult. Wolverine and 616 Wolverine are not exactly the same, as it has been shown Wolverine's bones can not be separated.

But yes, he would lose this fight.
I vaguely recall something about smashing Wolverine's brains within the adamantium skull, Hulk basically shook him about and then chucked him away, didn't really attempt to kill Wolverine. same with the rest of the X-men, he wasn't out to kill them.

Mindset
Originally posted by janus77
I vaguely recall something about smashing Wolverine's brains within the adamantium skull, Hulk basically shook him about and then chucked him away, didn't really attempt to kill Wolverine. same with the rest of the X-men, he wasn't out to kill them.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9391/70877240kh7.jpg

jinzin
it's not a proven fact, please don't spew lies.

Again, when someone has a power that allows them to do something (ie Colossus is organic metal therefore he can move) readers can suspend belief.

however, logan has never been stated to have some weird skeletal connection that does not use tendons or cartilage. His anatomy is basically (except for claws) exactly that of a normal human's....so there is no reason to assume that his joints are somehow different.

His skeletal system I believe has been stated to be bonded at the molecular level...

Likewise to stated powers...if a character consistently shows the ability to do something like shoot lazers out of their ass even though it might not be a stated ability it's still a proven fact that they can do it since they've been shown to multiple times..the same concept applies to Wolvies skeletal structure.

And there is a massive reason to assume such... most of them having already been stated for you by battlehammer... just because you want to ignore them so you can pretend that Logan is more akin to your preffered representation doesn't discount it as good evidence. The man failed to be ripped apart by Hulk in six hours for god's sakes.. there's clearly something different about him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.