the innuendo in POTC and interpretation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp

willofthewisp

texgodiva2s
Miz Willofthe Wisp--GROSS--no STDs in my pirates--yucko--although I had wondered if Mr. Depp had an unfortunate afflication of some description.

Compass/cannon--oh, damn straight, coolest my parts are massively male grand hugish etc--Nothing wrong with them either unless you find freakishly hugish parts well, freakish--same as the AWE telescope reference. I'm still trying to get the image of Cotton sharing his no tongue with everyone on the dock and Jack's contorted face and tongue
Also, in DMC, when Elisabeth says Beckett and he makes the ack noise like "it" left a very bad taste in his mouth? What might that have been all about? He does touch the branded P whenever he considers Beckett--but the ack....

Oh, yeah, Elisabeth was putting it out for Will, Rock me baby Rock me baby all night long and she doesn't seem to care if her cellmates or Daddy heard--that was a get Will's attention (hard) and send him off to do the hero's deed, I'm the prize.

I like the line on Rum Island where she says we've got to do something and he says, run along becos unless you've got sails and a rudder(?) in that bodice (surveys her chest area for a long onethousandone beat) unlikely.

Elisabeth can't be pure evil--there's no Cruella in her.

willofthewisp
That's how I felt, that they were being unfair to her. Sorry for the gross part. I should have looked to see about cutting it. I didn't make it up, though.

It seems like every bad thing the guys do, it all gets overshadowed by the bad thing Elizabeth does because she's a girl in this article.

texgodiva2s
Disney has always plied the girls are/boys are--Prince frilling Charming for heaven's sake. It isn't so much a big conspiracy it's just like cultural laziness really. There really isn't anything that requires more of the writers. The big stretch--you end up with animated Pocahatus (?) who looks like vavavavoom!!

PirateDiva
so thats why he says "My eye sight is as good as ever just so u know!"...lol...Thanks Willo! This was very interesting!

See we've known it all along that Pirates is full of sexual innuendos!! And Those mentioned above aren't even half of them! lol

willofthewisp
I had always wondered about that "eyesight" line too. lol. Sexual innuendo teaches us history, ha ha! I don't remember as much innuendo being in the first movie. Is that the series going through puberty?

tee_pirategirl
LOL LOL LOL! I always wondered about the eyesight thing to. Well that just made my day.

The article is a bit sexist though...why can't Elizabeth's morals match Jacks? She isn't a monster she's just a pirate like the rest of the boys. Whatever I shouldn't be taking this too seriously.

I loved to see the interpretations of the innuendo layed bare. Thanks for the kicks!

willofthewisp
Thank you, tee! Well said! It says the movies are sexist for making her a "monster," yet there is no mention of just how evil Beckett, Davy Jones, and even Barbossa are at times. Plus Jack and even Will and Norrington act selfishly at times in the series, so you're right. Elizabeth's bad moment sticks out because she's a woman and a lot of people still expect women to always be good.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I had always wondered about that "eyesight" line too. lol. Sexual innuendo teaches us history, ha ha! I don't remember as much innuendo being in the first movie. Is that the series going through puberty?

lol...I remember ONE VERY IMPORTANT SEXUAL INNUENDO in COTBP deleted scenes...lol....when Jack and Lizzie are sitting on the beach and she is holding the bottle and she is subconsciously caressing the neck of the bottle up and down! lol

VioletEyesPop08

tee_pirategirl
Originally posted by PirateDiva
lol...I remember ONE VERY IMPORTANT SEXUAL INNUENDO in COTBP deleted scenes...lol....when Jack and Lizzie are sitting on the beach and she is holding the bottle and she is subconsciously caressing the neck of the bottle up and down! lol

*Rolls over laughing and dies* Oh god! I never noticed that until u said it just now. You win the most preverted mind award...pretty hard to acheive in this forum wink

I'm sure there must've been more. We basically psycho analyzed DMC and found all of the mentioned innuendos months before AWE! But does anyone remember any from COTBP and AWE?? I'm interested

VioletEyesPop08

VioletEyesPop08
Sorry, I forgot to add I thought these were very important. (And it said too many pictures in one Post - is there a rule on the extensions?) You'll agree these are important pictures to have reference of?

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x57/neatokitty11/b43.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x57/neatokitty11/b44.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x57/neatokitty11/b46.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x57/neatokitty11/b45.jpg - Walking on broken glass?

I know someone born in 1960 and she does not look at all like Cindy.

If I don't make it, doesn't the youngest appear pathetically sad: http://www.bradybunchshrine.com/bradybunch/Pictures/Pictures2/Bbstairs.gif I think it was some other pic, though.. where she's smaller maybe. This one - http://www.bradymaniac.com/brady_bunch_onstairs_s.jpg but I thought it looked diff b4 Okay, so now they are the same pic - what happened? I swear they were just diff. (lol?)

VioletEyesPop08

willofthewisp
Sexual innuendo in AWE? Hmm, I don't know if the word "tool" would fall into that category since Jack is basically calling Will a prick and all other nasty names. lol. I'm really trying to think, but I think any references to sex are pretty blatant, specifically Sao's attempted rape scene and then the beach scene. The two swords entwined definitely symbolize the sex Will and Liz have.

You know, when I first saw AWE and at the end where Gibbs is sleeping and Jack pours his rum out on him, I thought someone was urinating on him. (averts eyes)

But the bottle in COTBP is a huge one! I can't believe I forgot how she's just stroking the neck of that bottle up and down and Jack just looks at it before he asks "how much more?" Hee hee.

Elizabeth: Oh, Jack, it must be terrible for you to be trapped here on this island.

Jack: Oh yes, but the company is infinitely better than last time. The scenery has much improved.

Apparently, and I have no information to back her up, Surreal told me once that Will and Elizabeth's hand-bandaging scene was supposed to be much raunchier in its first draft, like where he picks her up and pushes her up against the wall so she's pressed against him. But like I said, no other evidence.

VioletEyesPop08
Yes, in American Pie #?, they had that scene with the u****. I almost thought there was more than one thing like that. They want to discuss the biology of the Chinese? Well, I don't. That's kinda boring bc it's hard for me to include myself on the side I'm on. Ah, I should just die if that's like the answer to everyone's problems. Digging into the biology of race-ism. Then I deal with that maybe I'm whiter than Spanish then maybe completely different. It doesn't work is all. Why can't people just look at how you look and accept when they are s***?

So, you'll look at my pic in the mindframe that I'm not all European and maybe 0.01..% Native American anyway. You'll notice I'm dull from not having friends, maybe for the same reason. You'll want to say this is different than ur own s*** and that that means I'm an inferior race. That just does not work. And now that's all Hollywood rests on in shows like American Pie, Hairspray, POTC/AWE, Bring It On: All or Nothing, Ice Princess, Dora the Explorer...

You'll think I look better in some ways because I wanted to try harder knowing and it's unfair. The answer would be your parents are s***, though, no way out of that one. (Recalling some pics I have posted of women born in the 50's and the old male Oscar nominees.)

horse

I am suffering that I never want to be sexually close to my own parents btw. They must have done something that upset me. Well, all anyone thinks is, well, my dad's last name is Barrett (and Barber?) and my mom is Chinese(-Indonesian) and an immigrant to the U.S. Um... if my parents seem different for some reason it does not mean the fertility = that. See something dancing around?? (Sorry, is this funny clean adult humor? Hint me!! Don't bother reporting; the Mod is older than me. You could get into more trouble for not talking @ it. And yes it is clean and not something I bring up so-to-speak. I won't go far, just to answer your err hurt.. Again, hint me.. (bats eyelashes))

My dream had p** in it just now, first time I think. Cleaning 2 dr**s off a something like a toilet seat. It was clear, but then I saw it was ye**er.

PirateDiva
Ya in COTBP all the innuendos are in the deleted scenes like the Pintel and Ragetti peeping through the hole watching Elizabeth change (well thats not an innuendo its pretty straight forward)!

Or how about

Liz: Well you can tell him that I disincline to aquiest to his request.

Pintel: He said you'd say that and if that be the case he also said that you'd be dining with the crew...and that you'll be naked.

Not exact wording but pretty close...anywhoo still a sexual innuendo.

PirateDiva
Then there is the undressing Elizabeth in the water, cutting of the corsett and taking it off!! (Jack was slowly undressing her..lol)

(Jack cuts corsett)

Mullroy: Never would have thought of that!

Jack: Clearly you've never been to Signapore.

Jack: Now if you'd be very kind (then lizzie starts strapping him with his effects) Easy on the goods darling.
Or before Liz and Jack get marooned Barbossa asks back for the dress and then Liz takes it off and throws it at Barbossa, then Barbossa turns around pressing the dress to his face and says "Still Warm" and throughs it at the crew.

Or when they capture Liz and the crew again and Barbossa tells Liz "You took advantage of our hospitality last time, it's only fair that you return the favor" and throws Liz to the crew and they start feeling her up.

Or when Barbossa slits Elizabeth's hand and she says "That's it?"

Barbossa looks at her and says "Waste Not."

VioletEyesPop08
It was rather hard to read, so I just didn't for some reason. I "got the gist" of it all.. mad2

How could any1 get that into it? It's like they stepped up and went to a whole new illegal page and expect to be paid for it.

I know I usually like to read and live but now I don't know.... Well, I know I still like to read, but I guess I want to know wtf the writer is. alien1

--------------

I want to talk about the innuendo of ppl like born in the early 1960s compared to Elizabeth's Swann's age and others in b/w & about. That or nothin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to get paid for s*** (not speaking to some of you personally) plaque it on your own hallway and be the king of the hill and shut UP! (Just a joke still; don't get racist and report me just because you feel guilty or framed by the guilty. But you surely are not framed by me! I am only here even for you best interest. I can go do other things and take my mind off this. So, getting upset at me seems not the best idea anymore.)

I like to stamp a big stamp that says "SHIT" on things.

willofthewisp
Oh yes, back when Barbossa was really scary. He should have been nominated for an Oscar right alongside Johnny for COTBP.

VioletEyesPop08
Well.. my view of him completely changed when I found out he was born 1951 as opposed to 1940, (which was not for like the whole time (meaning we just moved etc. - brother sleeping on couch for a couple weeks, not fitting my TV in my room still today, not knowing where the DVDs are at first and from one point until a day or so ago, and so on, though,) since I was sure - I guessed Davy Jones right,) and then when the Pirates of the Caribbean fan site on Facebook posted bloopers. Barobossa would totally like excite me if I had to connect to him, you know? jump I have experience with that kind of thing, in my real life. phone1

Barbossa is really quite appealing. Just mix in the right chemistry so it turns into something real. (Barb-o-Beth.)

tee_pirategirl
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Oh yes, back when Barbossa was really scary. He should have been nominated for an Oscar right alongside Johnny for COTBP.

Very true. Teaming him up with the heroes almost ruins the first movie. He's on the good side and you find yourself thinking...Oh! THAT'S what scared me in the first movie? He seems like everyone's grandpa now!

He should have been nominated for an Oscar!!

Now that I think of it BTW. COTBP DID have it's dirty moments didn't it?

VioletEyesPop08
f.y.i. he is an (the?) antagonist in CotBP - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hector_Barbossa and does not exist in DMC.

Yes, I guess we get Barbossa to ourselves, mate.

willofthewisp
Yeah, come to think of it, COTBP did have some dirty moments, and almost all of them can be contributed to the fact that Barbossa and his Black Pearl crew were "actual" pirates. They were probably closer to how pirates were in the real world than how things were in the other two films. They were scary, shadowy perveted creatures and I was scared right along with Elizabeth when she found out they also couldn't be killed.

It's fun to ponder how the journey to Singapore went for Barbossa, how he somehow got everyone to somewhat trust him and work under his captainship. What was it that made him all of a sudden so affectionate to Elizabeth and Will that he performed their wedding ceremony? How is Gibbs able to shake off his loyalty to Jack long enough to deal with Barbossa? So many questions.

VioletEyesPop08
-How people shake off things? I never need to seemingly shake anything off anything.

PirateDiva
Well I think the fact that Barbossa got a 2nd chance in life made him reevaluate cetain aspects in his life. I mean to be completely honest Barbossa was a scary creature in COTBP but I think in part it was the frustration and the affects of the curse that made him that way. He couldn't be killed so he feared nothing, meanwhile he felt he was starving and thirsting, like death itself.

Of course before the curse he was coniving and bad but he was a pirate! And the fact that he was undestructable could have made him even harsher towards others but he always seemed to be level headed...like with Jack, a 2nd mutinee, any other pirate would have learned from the first time and would have just killed Jack! But Barbossa always seemed reluctant to kill Jack for some reason!

Anywhoo in AWE we can see actual fear in his eyes when Tia threatens him and momentarily changes his hand back to a skeleton. He knows that he couldn't fight on his own bc he was mortal and could in fact die, he knew he needed Jack and Will and Elizabeth and the rest of the Pirates to fight and defeat the war against Pirates! besides they were all Pirates fighting, so obviously they were on the same side, but the minute that war was over Barbossa turned back into his coniving self and turned on Jack again, stealing his ship.lol

katelovespirate
I do find Barbossa's character arc particularly fascinating. I think the scene between him and Jack at the site of the dead kraken really brought him full circle for me--- that scene just was exquisite. It made me understand where he was, why he was so desperate to fulfill his vow to Calypso... and frankly, I think Barbossa knew about Will's destiny. His father, Jones, Calypso, all the blatant hints on the way back from the locker by Tia--- Barbossa undoubtedly caught on. He's well versed in legends and lore. So in the midst of the epic battle, he's going "yes by all means, get the future captain married to his beloved." it would tie up the situation well for him, with those motives.

Barbossa and Elizabeth's relationship is also really intriguing to me--- not in any sense romantic, but very competitive and full of banter, but their banter is much more threatening and darkly full of innuendo, as opposed to say Elizabeth and Jack's. Barbossa seems to love freaking her out in film 1, and tossing her around like a pawn in his plans... but by film 3, he's looking out for her, respecting her, even taking orders from her at times. I do think Barbossa's brush with death humbled him a bit, made him feel more vulnerable and more inclined to get along and work with people rather than fight them.

VioletEyesPop08
I do indeed think and at first thought that Barbossa was like "bloody" as Hell in how he treats Elizabeth. He acts like a baby in the way that is disappointing but like he is better in ways he certainly is not. Elizabeth seems to have a good handle on culture throughout the mind, while he just seems to be riding on fate. Comdemn him as the pirate he really is!!!! He must be running a lot on past life meanwhile, making him a bit lamely in the end, just, eggy.

SelinaAndBruce
I love Barbosa.

I have to say for me I don't overlook the males actions and just come down hard on Elizabeth because she's a girl. There are certainly things Jack did that I was not fond of and he is my absolutel favorite. My main problem with Elizabeth overall is that she pretty much jerked my other boy Will around and she killed my number 1 boy Jack. Not acceptable. Not forgivable and she never had to pay for those things in that Will and Jack got over it far too quickly. Though thankfully Jack's mood had chilled towards her quite a bit in AWE him voting her Pirate King was unspeakable in my book.

VioletEyesPop08
I noticed, especially from recent Sparrabeth videos, she really, even though being really thick, which is good, though not strong enough, looks puny thin next to Johnny Depp. She looks like she is a feather being blown away. I compared her with American female actresses just a little older than her, and she really saves the day there in that she does not look like, say, the girl in The Eye, for which I saw ads so far, being I am too ill to go to theaters at the moment. Paris Hilton looks like a baby, too. I saw spoilers for The Hottie and the Nottie. I saw she took off her music on her music MySpace a little before this movie came out. Her music still is not there, and it features The Hottie and the Nottie there after you scroll down as a main banner that says "The Latest." So, she is 27. I can imagine how she was able not to be just short like it seems most people being she is basically protected unlike everyone else. People like to forget that.

So, yea, Elizabeth looks stupid.. ? I can't wait to see who victims to play her in 4. Aw, if I were thinner and taller, I'd be able to get an agent and try to get hooked into auditions, but no way jose! I wish some ppl -like you guys would want to do it.

So, what if, definitely, the next Elizabeth will be something bad, not a booklearned type person even.. Maybe someone lik AJ from Aly & AJ might not hurt in such a bad way since she's so young enough to be his kid. It might be funny, someone, I think Dakota Fanning should do it. 14 is like 17 or 16 was anyway. As for the 10 years older, no one cares anymore. She was 10 as Young Elizabeth, though. Since it's eight years later, she was 18, and now she is at least 28. Paris Hilton would just be funny? Someone unknown might be able to take advantage more really if they aren't careful with high esteem. Johnny Depp seems to be able to handle it from the vid Rory posted. Everyone wants to be treated well these days, so the girl should be just blown away. -Not like anything else better is waiting for her-

Oh, sorry, did you guys like this as part of this topic? Should someone make a thread on the new Elizabeth, and Willl, etc., separate or together etc.?

-And yes, I do plan on getting taller, like 5'6". So, I'm either 5'2" or 5'4" now. I used to be like 5' or maybe 5'1" like.

tee_pirategirl
I love barbossa too. He's a real mystery....
Yes i have to say one of my favorite scenes was barbossa/kracken/jack in AWE. It revealed so much about both characters...Very angsty!

willofthewisp
Yes, Diva and Kate, I think you guys spelled out what I had been missing out on. That bond he has with Jack now since both of them have experienced death and have received a second chance says it all, especially how now they both fear death, hence both of them seeking the Fountain of Youth.

I think the essence of their relationship is parlay. Each one has his own plan for how to live forever: Barbossa by releasing Calypso and Jack by getting the heart. They both don't really bother to see that these two plans can coexist, but that's part of their pirate charm. It's basically Barbossa getting screwed by the trio, but he manages to get what he needs when he nabs Jack's Piece of 8.

Yes, Kate, his relationship with Elizabeth is really intriguing. It's almost a father/daughter relationship, which she doesn't get with anyone else, even her father because although I'm sure she loves her real dad very much, she doesn't seem to look up to him and by extension, they don't get much screen time together. With Jack gone, she can rely on Barbossa to be her pirate mentor and he can rely on her to sort of carry on his legacy. I think part of him feels that if he can't live forever, he can pass on his knowledge and his skill to her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.