Canderous's Encounter With Vong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MasterAshenVor
When you talk to Canderous in KOTOR about his War Experiences he Mentions a Asteroid that Shot Plasma at his ship and it fled the system and stuff right..and he said and i quote

"There seemed to be something Inside the Asteroid"

Do you think it could have been the Vong like a Scouting Ship to see what kind of People the Inhabitants of this new Galaxy Were.

I TRUELY belive it was the Vong...

WHAT IS YOU'RE THOUGHTS....and please dont criticize this post...its perfectly valid..

ThoraxeRMG
I do too.

Tangible God
I still think it's weird how the Vong spent apparently millenia traveling in the void between the galaxies, yet 4000 years before the invasion, one of their ships made it all the way to the Crispin System.

Gideon
Originally posted by Tangible God
I still think it's weird how the Vong spent apparently millenia traveling in the void between the galaxies, yet 4000 years before the invasion, one of their ships made it all the way to the Crispin System.

That would be the efforts of Mr. Karapshyn. Screw canon, so long as he can have his games introduce everything and have it first: the Vong, the Darth-title, the Rule of Two, ect.

He needs to stick to Mass Effect (great game!) and leave SW the hell alone.

Tangible God
I hear Mass Effect fell below expectations.

Gideon
I hear Mass Effect fell below expectations.

Personally? No. He did remarkably well with his own original universe. It is my favorite game.

exanda kane
I always thought it was supposed to be the Vong, and even if "technically," it could not be them in retrospect, they can always ret-con it out. It's a nice little snippet for anyone who has bravely bought an EU book further than Thrawn, and has managed to read such poor books. Leave it at that.

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by exanda kane
I always thought it was supposed to be the Vong, and even if "technically," it could not be them in retrospect, they can always ret-con it out. It's a nice little snippet for anyone who has bravely bought an EU book further than Thrawn, and has managed to read such poor books. Leave it at that.

Such hatred.

Personally, I think it was like probably one of the first to come through Vector Prime into the SW galaxy, because nothing else really makes sence, I mean a rock randomly spewing plasma?

123KID
EDIT:

I remembered wrong

LORD JLRTENJAC
fair enough. smile

Captain REX
It was the Vong... unfortunately.

exanda kane
Originally posted by LORD JLRTENJAC
Such hatred.

Not hatred. I'd be a bit sick in the head if I had the time to hate such books. They are pretty crap, poorly wrote pieces of fiction, in my opinion, and that is the end of it.

LORD JLRTENJAC
Such hatred AND bad grammar.

MasterAshenVor
A Rock that Spews Plasma NAILS it for me personally because THE VONG are the ONLY RACE that we know of that has Rock shaped Vessels that Shoot Plasma....

Now new Question WAS IT A CORAL SKIPPER and if so Do you think a Vong Battle Ship was with it?

If Not what type of ship do you think it was

Scout , Science ect

Captain REX
No need for that, Jac. Let him be.

Likely a scout vessel, checking out what could be found. They just happened to find Canderous. Woohoo.

Tangible God
Millennia in the void traveling to a new galaxy they'd already scouted out. Continuity at its best.

truejedi
well, i've said before that i thought Revan KNEW that the Vong were coming, and that is what he left the galaxy in search of. Kraya talks about how the "true sith" were those who distorted the force, and we know that the vong couldn't be sensed in the force. I had forgotten Canderous says that, but if so, it makes Revan leaving for that reason, more likely, not less.

exanda kane
Originally posted by exanda kane
Not hatred. I'd be a bit sick in the head if I had the time to hate such books. They are pretty crap, poorly written* pieces of fiction, in my opinion, and that is the end of it.

That would come simply under bad grammer, smarty pants.

MasterAshenVor
Well here is the thing

Revan Left to find the GREAT THREAT the thing that so called ORCHASTRATED the Mandolorian Wars

The Fact that Such a powerful sith as Revan NEVER came back would probibally explain the Vong since they were VERY VERY VERY good at killing Jedi

Elite Hunter
highly unlikely

Lt. Valerian
Well, after all, we know absolutely nothing of what happened to Revan in the Unknown Regions. Virtually anything could've happened out there.

truejedi
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
highly unlikely

care to expound?

Tangible God
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
Well, after all, we know absolutely nothing of what happened to Revan in the Unknown Regions. Virtually anything could've happened out there. Ever wonder what Kirk, Spock and co. were REALLY doing on their seven year mission?

That's right, Kirk=Revan. Malak=............Kahn?

KAHN!

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by truejedi
care to expound?

Throughout kotor 2 there is talk about the true sith from Traya. The true sith were the ones to instigate the mando. wars. If the vong was the threat than why would it take another 4000 years to invade the galaxy when you have a crippled republic at the end of kotor 2 and no sith. The vong mention was just a thing to put in a easter egg of sorts a fun fact.

truejedi
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Throughout kotor 2 there is talk about the true sith from Traya. The true sith were the ones to instigate the mando. wars. If the vong was the threat than why would it take another 4000 years to invade the galaxy when you have a crippled republic at the end of kotor 2 and no sith. The vong mention was just a thing to put in a easter egg of sorts a fun fact.

yeah, i writer just thought: HEY! lets throw in the Vong, to tie in KOTOR with the rest of the expanded universe. I spent hours and hours and hours trying to get canderous to tell me more about that ship, i thought i just didn't have enough influence. ridiculous waste of time in the end though.

Gambler
Wasn't Vong. If it were, it wouldn't have made a sense

truejedi
well, here was my theory. The Vong had been crossing the space between the galaxies for millenia. most likely for more than 4 thousand years. They would have been sure to send out scouting ships well ahead of their main force. This could be for many reasons, but a main reason would be because if they showed up in a galaxy with tech far superior to theirs, they could be wiped out before they even get started. They lose their entire race. so by common sense they would send out scouts. Since they are such a huge race, and they were bent with such destruction, i figured maybe Revan (being one of the strongest force users of all time) could sense their intent. Kreia called the "true sith" a wound in the force.
Luke also considers the vong a wound in the force. Maybe its ridiculous, but there are enough clues, i think perhaps the makers of the KOTOR 2 were trying to hint at the Vong having had something to do with starting the Mandalorian Wars. Mandalore describes a coral skipper. there is nothing remotely like it in the star wars universe.

Tangible God
Originally posted by truejedi
well, here was my theory. The Vong had been crossing the space between the galaxies for millenia. most likely for more than 4 thousand years. They would have been sure to send out scouting ships well ahead of their main force. This could be for many reasons, but a main reason would be because if they showed up in a galaxy with tech far superior to theirs, they could be wiped out before they even get started. They lose their entire race. so by common sense they would send out scouts. Since they are such a huge race, and they were bent with such destruction, i figured maybe Revan (being one of the strongest force users of all time) could sense their intent. Kreia called the "true sith" a wound in the force.
Luke also considers the vong a wound in the force. Maybe its ridiculous, but there are enough clues, i think perhaps the makers of the KOTOR 2 were trying to hint at the Vong having had something to do with starting the Mandalorian Wars. Mandalore describes a coral skipper. there is nothing remotely like it in the star wars universe. No, it was an easter egg meant for fun. If it were the Vong, it ruins continuity. The Republic was on the edge of collapse by KOTOR 2, the Jedi reduced to NJO numbers, civil strife everywhere; A perfect time for the Vong to invade. But they didn't... for some reason.

And I'll say it once again: The Vong spent centuries prior to their invasion in the void between the galaxies, yet they had ships which could scout out the galaxy 4000 years earlier? Makes NO sense.

LORD JLRTENJAC
No, it was an easter egg meant for fun. If it were the Vong, it ruins continuity. The Republic was on the edge of collapse by KOTOR 2, the Jedi reduced to NJO numbers, civil strife everywhere; A perfect time for the Vong to invade. But they didn't... for some reason.

And I'll say it once again: The Vong spent centuries prior to their invasion in the void between the galaxies, yet they had ships which could scout out the galaxy 4000 years earlier? Makes NO sense.

Unless their biological technology was greatly inferior to the galaxy's mechanical technology at the time. It could also have been the first ship, say one that happened upon Vector Prime, and followed it through to the Galaxy. There are many possibilities as to why a vong ship had been there.

truejedi
I got a question though. i never understood how Zonoma Sekot played into it all. How did a planet from the Star Wars galaxy happen to the be the home of a Species from another galaxy? Maybe i'm remembering wrong, i haven't read Vector prime in a couple of years, but isn't that how it turned out?

LORD JLRTENJAC
It is a living planet, and wasn't that just where they went to live after the end of the war?

Gambler
Originally posted by LORD JLRTENJAC
It is a living planet, and wasn't that just where they went to live after the end of the war?

All planets are alive in a sense

Jbill311
What if KOTOR happens before the Vong left the Galaxy? The ship left the galaxy, but what if it just caught up, or was something like a remote surveillance "satellite".

Sesse
OMG yes! That it was! Woohoo!

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Gambler
All planets are alive in a sense

We're talking alive as in sentient. And it can move on it's own, in Legacy, after the war (Which happened shortly before Legacy) started, the planet moved deep into the Unknown regions, supposedly near Tython (I think)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.