any more Joss Whedon ventures coming?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
really enjoyed Firefly/Serenity. the guy's quite prolific so, wondering if there's some more of his work coming?

exanda kane
I think that ship hass sailed.

janus77
dammit.
was reading the comics, brought back how good the show was.

that and Studio 60, two shows that shouldn't have been cancelled.

exanda kane
Plus Arrested Development; yes, it's a shame. Occasionally the odd rumour about a Serenitiy prequel/sequel surfaces, but I'm sure I've read that Whedon isn't interested in doing another one. He said he was too "close" to Firefly when it was cancelled, that he had to make Serenity to do it justice, but I think he's left it behind now.

There was an MMO in the works though, will take a while in development, if you are interested in that sort of thing.

Ushgarak
Close to beyond belief, rumours still persist he is going ahead with Ripper on the BBC.

janus77
what's an MMO?

can't see "Ripper" going ahead, Buffy tanked (imo) after season 4.
once Dawn came along, the whole series died, not even the injection of Spike made up for it.

saw Serenity, it's what got me to take a look at Firefly in the first place. since sci-fi isn't my genre of preference (don't like ST or its myriad spin-offs nor Star Wars, loved Aliens and Starship Troopers...).

Arrested Development was very funny, really good premise. it's sad but a fact of life that interesting ("quirky"wink shows usually get cancelled, whilst formulaic stuff tends to win audience quickly - as sound an argument against democracy as any, I guess no expression.

just hope Pushing Daisies improves a little and The Big Bang Theory continues its fine form (my fave comedy at present).

exanda kane
MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online or some such. So it's a computer game, basically. Online an that. Hasn't been much news on its behalf recently though.

I don't think there'll be any more spin offs etc, which is sad. Was a good show.

howca
I liked it too but the writing left a little more to be desired. I think the actors were way better than the lines they were given and it could have been a better series overall which may have given it staying power. The scifi channel often times puts out these series with poor writing. I actually never watched it on tv. I netflixed it for something different. I don't think I ever saw any advertising for it which may be a good reason it just didn't really take off. I liked all the cast and can't wait to see where they go from here.

oakling
Originally posted by janus77
it's sad but a fact of life that interesting ("quirky"wink shows usually get cancelled, whilst formulaic stuff tends to win audience quickly - as sound an argument against democracy as any, I guess no expression.

Oh cmon - what about My Name is Earl, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs, Doctor Who... each one is super-quirky and they're by no means the only ones around. AD should have gone on forever as far as I'm concerned, but I don't think it's as simple as quirky vs. formulaic. Fox failed to advertise or support AD, and the show's jokes were often "thinkers" or aimed at regular viewers. I think it was hysterical and well worth repeated viewings, but I can see why it struggled.

oakling
Originally posted by exanda kane
I think that ship hass sailed.

No way - what about Dollhouse? I don't know if it's sci-fi, but I know it stars Faith-from-Buffy and that people are really excited about it.

BruceSkywalker
I look forward to watching Dollhouse.

moviebuff1084
I heard a rumor he was making a Buffy and/or Angel movie. but i don't know how true that is. it would be cool though

exanda kane
Originally posted by oakling
No way - what about Dollhouse? I don't know if it's sci-fi, but I know it stars Faith-from-Buffy and that people are really excited about it.

Not Sci-Fi, not relevant to talk about.

Bardock42
Originally posted by janus77

can't see "Ripper" going ahead, Buffy tanked (imo) after season 4.

Are you crazy? Season 6 alone was better than 1 to 4 together.

srankmissingnin
Whedon has a new FOX series Dollhouse staring the chick who played Faith on Buffy and Helo from BSG. He also has a supervillian comedy-musical staring Nathan Fillon and Neal Patrick Harris that he plans to release on the internet when he works everything out.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Bardock42

Either humour or evidence of clinical insanity, that statement.

ariwin
Originally posted by exanda kane
Not Sci-Fi, not relevant to talk about.

It is Sci-Fi, actually. smile

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/04/18/dollhouse-plot-details-revealed/

To me it looks really good -- the trailer (link below) gave me chills, and I love Eliza Dushku. Can't wait! Love Joss Whedon!

http://www.dollverse.com/trailer/

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Either humour or evidence of clinical insanity, that statement.
Clinical insanity it is then, because there is no doubt in my mind that that's a fact.

Sanctuary
Originally posted by ariwin
It is Sci-Fi, actually. smile

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/04/18/dollhouse-plot-details-revealed/

To me it looks really good -- the trailer (link below) gave me chills, and I love Eliza Dushku. Can't wait! Love Joss Whedon!

http://www.dollverse.com/trailer/
I think the trailer looks.. pretty bad. no expression The clip where Echo was speaking Spanish.. was just lame..

"an active is the truest soul amongest us" argh.. cringezzz. -.- "can you wipe away a soul?"

That said certain parts of it look cool, and I am still really excited to see it. dd

Syren
Originally posted by Bardock42

100% agree. Bargaining 1&2, Once More with Feeling, Tabula Rasa, Smashed, Wrecked, As You Were, Hell's Bells, Normal Again, Entropy, Seeing Red, Two to Go AND Grave. All brilliant. A season of awesomeness yes

Syren
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season Eight in comic.

I've had #1 for some time now but I've just purchased #2-#16 through Things From Another World. They come in great condition, takes a while but it's worth it. I've got the Omnibuses as well big grin

Bardock42
Originally posted by Syren
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season Eight in comic.

I've had #1 for some time now but I've just purchased #2-#16 through Things From Another World. They come in great condition, takes a while but it's worth it. I've got the Omnibuses as well big grin

I read the first two trades. Pretty good. I am looking forward to the Angel ones.

Syren
yes

I was so hyped when I found out about them, being utterly devastated when Buffy ended. I've got the entire Buffy Seasons 1-7 limited edition DVD box set (and Angel 1-5) but it's never enough sad

Sanctuary
Originally posted by Syren
100% agree. Bargaining 1&2, Once More with Feeling, Tabula Rasa, Smashed, Wrecked, As You Were, Hell's Bells, Normal Again, Entropy, Seeing Red, Two to Go AND Grave. All brilliant. A season of awesomeness yes
You are a Buffy fan? shock I loved season 6 also. happy

Syren
Originally posted by Sanctuary
You are a Buffy fan? shock I loved season 6 also. happy

Absolutely yes One of the best series I've ever seen and I was the perfect age when it started showing. I grew up with it big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.