Rumor about O'Bama

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
Has any of you heard that if O'Bama were to win the democratic nomination that he would choose Colin Powell as his running mate?

I heard it from my friends, but I'm just wondering if they were conjuring up a good story for the sake of "party talk".

I love O'Bama, but I love Colin Powell even MORE SO!!!

If this has any validity to it, McCain doesn't stand a chance.

chithappens
... Let's hope not.

queeq
Colin 'Massweapons in Iraq' Powell? I don't think this guy can show his face in politics anymore.

Wålshy
Originally posted by BobbyD
Has any of you heard that if O'Bama were to win the democratic nomination that he would choose Colin Powell as his running mate? i think its about time Colin Powell lost some weight

Devil King
Why would he pick a person who was complicit in lying to the American people and the UN about Iraq?

I also wouldn't buy into the idea that Powell is some bastion of integrity and conscience for the Republican party.

Phantom Zone

BobbyD
Originally posted by Devil King
Why would he pick a person who was complicit in lying to the American people and the UN about Iraq?

I also wouldn't buy into the idea that Powell is some bastion of integrity and conscience for the Republican party.

...because he was set up to fail. His whole premise for resigning was realizing that he was preaching to the world based on false information.

He realized that he had either become intentionally set up to by one of the worst presidential regimes in US history to convince the world to get a green light to go into Iraq. It's that or he realized the regime he worked for is not intelligent to make sure they get their facts first, before deciding to wage war.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

If I'm wrong, someone please enlighten me because I think Colin Powell is someone that the US is "ga-ga" for.

queeq
Anywho... he's an easy target for any political opponent. And not just because he has to lose weight. wink

lord xyz
Originally posted by queeq
Colin 'Massweapons in Iraq' Powell? I don't think this guy can show his face in politics anymore. I heard he hates Bush after 04 or something, so we can give him that.

inimalist

duh, because he is black

queeq
Originally posted by lord xyz
I heard he hates Bush after 04 or something, so we can give him that.

A little too late.

Plus, without menaing anything with it, a black President and black vice-president... that's stretching it a bit with US openmindedness at the moment.

inimalist
I heard he hates Bush after 04 or something, so we can give him that.

irregardless, his name is rather tainted politically, even if Bush had to use the false information gained through torture to convince Powell to give that speech.

lord xyz
A little too late.

Plus, without menaing anything with it, a black President and black vice-president... that's stretching it a bit with US openmindedness at the moment. Yeah, Colin and Obama is aweful, Obama and someone else is good.

Originally posted by inimalist
irregardless, his name is rather tainted politically, even if Bush had to use the false information gained through torture to convince Powell to give that speech. Yeah, I don't like him. I think it'd be more likely that McCain would pick him for Vice.

queeq
Though I doubt Powell will go back in the service of the Republicans.

chithappens
Though I doubt Powell will go back in the service of the Republicans.

I'm not sure why. He was complicit during the UN report when he knew they were lies. Nothing about him surprises me anymore.

Edit: Although I must admit, I am VERY surprised they didn't just plant some stuff and say it was alraedy there.

That makes me wonder to this day...

dadudemon
Originally posted by chithappens
Edit: Although I must admit, I am VERY surprised they didn't just plant some stuff and say it was alraedy there.

I agree. The Bush administration cold have avoided this shit storm if they would have just planted evidence of at LEAST chemical warfare. This makes me think that they are more stupid than corrupt.

chithappens
That's too conveninent. I'm a little concerned about that still.

queeq
Bush is not that smart.

lord xyz
Though I doubt Powell will go back in the service of the Republicans. Why? He's a liar, he's selfish and a screw up. That's what republicans are.

Don't mention Ron Paul.

inimalist
I'm not sure why. He was complicit during the UN report when he knew they were lies. Nothing about him surprises me anymore.

One of the recent waterboarding admission by the Americans was of an Jihadi (al libbi comes to mind for some reason, though I should really know the name...).

It was through him that the "proofs" of chemicals and what have you were given. Powel clearly was skeptical of Iraq, but was given the information obtained through torture as though it were the best info the CIA had. He has come out and said that the UN speech was the most embarrassing moment of his career.

Complicit is too strong of a word. It is very hard to hold someone responsible for not knowing something which people were actively against their knowing. The same as Clinton voting for the war. In both cases, these people were lied to and completely misled.

There is an argument for them not stepping far enough outside of the box or trusting the CIA more than foreign intelligence, but I wouldn't say for complicity.

Edit: Even though movies are always pretty biased, Taxi to the Darkside is a REALLY good film about American Torture, and talks about this specific case.

chithappens
Originally posted by inimalist
One of the recent waterboarding admission by the Americans was of an Jihadi (al libbi comes to mind for some reason, though I should really know the name...).

It was through him that the "proofs" of chemicals and what have you were given. Powel clearly was skeptical of Iraq, but was given the information obtained through torture as though it were the best info the CIA had. He has come out and said that the UN speech was the most embarrassing moment of his career.

Complicit is too strong of a word. It is very hard to hold someone responsible for not knowing something which people were actively against their knowing. The same as Clinton voting for the war. In both cases, these people were lied to and completely misled.

There is an argument for them not stepping far enough outside of the box or trusting the CIA more than foreign intelligence, but I wouldn't say for complicity.

There's a book by James Risen titled "State of War" that explains in very intricate detail what the CIA did and did not know. ( I read a few others but this one did the best job explaining)

The main informant was some guy code-named "Curveball." Long story short, he had close ties to the Hussein regime BUT he was in custody of Germans. The Germans would not given him up so all their information was not even through direct interview. Stuff like the "mobile biological factories" (or something like that) where simply tankers filled with helium.

The Germans told the CIA NOT TO INCLUDE THE INFORMATION FORM CURVEBALL IN THE REPORT TO THE U.N. Oh well.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Powell also knew about the fallacies. A whole section of the book is dedicated to Powell, and the "betrayal" of the Bush administration.

queeq
Bye bye Obama then if he's running with Powell.

inimalist
The Germans told the CIA NOT TO INCLUDE THE INFORMATION FORM CURVEBALL IN THE REPORT TO THE U.N. Oh well.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Powell also knew about the fallacies. A whole section of the book is dedicated to Powell, and the "betrayal" of the Bush administration.

agreed. I would say watch the Taxi to the Darkside film, it explains what I am talking about, but ya, they totally disregarded any conflicting info

Quiero Mota
Has any of you heard that if O'Bama were to win the democratic nomination that he would choose Colin Powell as his running mate?

I heard it from my friends, but I'm just wondering if they were conjuring up a good story for the sake of "party talk".

I love O'Bama, but I love Colin Powell even MORE SO!!!

If this has any validity to it, McCain doesn't stand a chance.

And I guess they'll be standing side-by-side on the dais, each one raising a fist when they receive the nomination?

Robtard
I heard he's picking Oprah, to appease the people that want a vagina in office.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Robtard
I heard he's picking Oprah, to appease the people that want a vagina in office. laughing

While she annoys me, I'm happy he's got $backing$ by her.

WrathfulDwarf
I heard he's picking Oprah, to appease the people that want a vagina in office.

Oprah in the White House? Does that mean that we get Dr. Phil as Secretary of State?

OH NOEZ!!!!

TRH
Anyone who knows anything about politics knows that is not true.

Robtard
Originally posted by TRH
Anyone who knows anything about politics knows that is not true.

I know next to nothing about politics and I know this is not true. So Sir, you fail.

queeq
Hehehe

Schecter
i never knew obama was irish

lord xyz
I know next to nothing about politics and I know this is not true. So Sir, you fail. Doesn't next to nothing count as anything?

Robtard
Doesn't next to nothing count as anything?

Does it?

Devil King
Originally posted by Schecter
i never knew obama was irish

He's not; he's scottish-muslim.

queeq
Scotish eh? As in Nova-Scotish?

Devil King
happy?

queeq
Hehehe... good one.

Quark_666

In your little world...

chillmeistergen

No.

Schecter
actually it would, or else it would simply be nothing.

chillmeistergen
Well, yeah, but the phrase generally means ''I know very little''. To pick apart the phrase seems completely needless, it's not even pedantic - just pointless.

Quark_666
actually it would, or else it would simply be nothing.

It is simply nothing. It's people's way of saying "I'm afraid I'm probably wrong when I say this but I want to say it anyway so if you could all do me a favor and be nice when it becomes apparent I'm a total idiot I would really appreciate your civil manners"

Schecter
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Well, yeah, but the phrase generally means ''I know very little''. To pick apart the phrase seems completely needless, it's not even pedantic - just pointless.

yet im right. so it all works out for the best, doesnt it?

Robtard
I have to side with Quark, I take it as a means to say "I don't know", without actually saying "I don't know".

Chill is correct too, picking apart a silly phrase like that is pointless, so lets just laugh at XYZ, it can serve as a bonding agent.

Schecter
semen also makes a nice bonding agent

Kelly_Bean
That Obama dude scares me. I keep thinking he's been keeping a clean record/background so he could be plotting his first, only, and biggest terrorist attack on America if he is elected.

Devil King
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 <--nothing

Schecter
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
That Obama dude scares me. I keep thinking he's been keeping a clean record/background so he could be plotting his first, only, and biggest terrorist attack on America if he is elected.

that might be because you're an ignorant racist halfwit

chillmeistergen

Cretin.

Robtard

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 <------- NEXT TO NOTHING

chillmeistergen
I always thought next to nothing would be around the 0.5 area.

Schecter

notice that '1' is 'next to nothing'

we're on the edge of a breakthrough. i think we're gonna crack this thing wide open.

Robtard

If you're not joking, then you're a ****ing troglodyte. Either way, you have nice ****, can I see them?

Robtard
notice that '1' is 'next to nothing'

we're on the edge of a breakthrough. i think we're gonna crack this thing wide open.

My dick swings to the left, so I guess it's subjective.

Schecter
My dick swings to the left, so I guess it's subjective.

no, it means its a bleedheart liberal jew loving commie

Devil King
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1<------- NEXT TO NOTHING 0

like, literally, next to it, like beside it almost.

Robtard
like, literally, next to it, like beside it almost.

See my dick swinging comment above.

Devil King
See my dick swinging comment above.

does this mean I get my religion back?

Robtard
does this mean I get my religion back?

It's already been hi-jacked from me... a dude came by with a different interpretation of it, he was hit and killed by a car, then a bunch aholes propped his image on a pedestal and added further nonsense to it, thereby invalidating the original message. In short, it's little more than a giant cluster-****, so we're both screwed.

Devil King
wow, it took less than an hour for it's original lesson to become totally lost.

Robtard
wow, it took less than an hour for it's original lesson to become totally lost.

I know there's a pun about organized religion in there somewhere...

Devil King
I know there's a pun about organized religion in there somewhere...

I don't know about a pun, but there's a dis(s).

It took three days for christianity to loose it's message.

ragesRemorse
I heard a rumor that Obama is a Reptillian. laughing (i'm looking at you conspiracy forum)

Quark_666

I have to pity the poor individuals that think everything is a conspiracy.

queeq
But it makes life more interesting to live as a paranoid: always something to see.

Quark_666
But it makes life more interesting to live as a paranoid: always something to see.

Why would you do that when you can always just watch paranoid people?

queeq
But how do you find one? They're masters at detecting people who watch them and hiding for them.

Kelly_Bean
You retards actually believed me. xd2 Ahh..I love you guys.

And no Robtard, you cannot see.

Quark_666

we love you too, but I have to wonder whether you knew you were joking when you posted the text stick out tongue

carriestar44
I heard Obama might be runnin with Hillary eventually. What d'yall think?

Admiral Akbar
errr...

~KoK!~
...because he was set up to fail. His whole premise for resigning was realizing that he was preaching to the world based on false information.

He realized that he had either become intentionally set up to by one of the worst presidential regimes in US history to convince the world to get a green light to go into Iraq. It's that or he realized the regime he worked for is not intelligent to make sure they get their facts first, before deciding to wage war.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

If I'm wrong, someone please enlighten me because I think Colin Powell is someone that the US is "ga-ga" for. You obviously know very little about politics.

Schecter

hahahahaha no

RIDDLE_OF_STARS
I heard a rumor that Obama would make a good president.

Robtard

You *******.

BackFire
I'm going to rape her, and I will show them to you.

spidey-dude
i herd that obama doeesnt support our flag probably cause theres white on it.

Robtard
Originally posted by spidey-dude
i herd that obama doeesnt support our flag probably cause theres white on it.

Care to source where you heard that nonsense or are you pulling shit out of your anus again?

Quiero Mota

Oh come on, you're from KY; of course you meant it.

spidey-dude
Care to source where you heard that nonsense or are you pulling shit out of your anus again? somone posted that on another site and why you care about my anus somone intrested or what

dadudemon
Care to source where you heard that nonsense or are you pulling shit out of your anus again?

Hmmmmm...yes, indeed. That is where he would could pull shit from.

Pezmerga
Originally posted by dadudemon
Hmmmmm...yes, indeed. That is where he would could pull shit from.

Have you seen his encore?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.