The Halloween Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sicky666
Michael Myers has been shot, burned and electrocuted and still it seems he can't die. And why is this?

Don't say it is the Curse of Thorn, this curse is that he has to kill his family but it doesn't say anything about his strength. Besides, he also kills people who aren't really in his way; like for example the nurse that had to watch him in the Smith's Grove Sanitarium, but still he killed her with a fork.

He is to my opinion a very dangerous man to meet.
rolling on floor laughing

Micheal_Myers
The Curse of the Thorn is the only explanation we ever get for his strength. Other than that, its just unexplained.

Impediment
Because the studios want to keep making money off of the storyline of Myers, even if it involves making shity sequels and ruining the name of one of horror's best icons.

IMO, it should have ended at part one. It was the perfect ending.

steverules
Are we talking about Myers from the new movie because in the first original he never killed a nurse with fork. In the remake we never got told he has a thorn nor do we see a thorn anywhere. In the remake he isn't invincible and supernatural like in the remake but he does have more durability than any other human being. When Michael first got shot it was in the shoulder and it seemed to hurt him showing that bullets do work on him. Had it been the original Michael Myers I am not so sure he would have been affected as much. The original Mike Myers was kept alive by the thorn I thorn I think because members of his family were still alive and so he wouldn't die until he had killed the rest of his family...but thats just a theory on my part.

Sicky666
The Michael Myers in the new movie is to me pretty much the same person. It was based on this person, but he's still trying to get after Laurie, to murder her. So he did kill someone with a fork, it's the same person to me.

steverules
The Michael in the original is more supernatural...plus in the original his parents were different, to me it's a different Michael in the original. After he killed his sister in the original he never spoke after that as far as I know, but in the new movie he stopped talking after being in the sanitarium for about...a year or 2. The Micahel Myers in the original is different to the one in the new movie

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sicky666

this curse is that he has to kill his family

What curse ??

first i've heard about it and also is'nt the reason he kills his family is because he's just ****en evil like what Dr sam loomis was getting at

Originally posted by Impediment

Hey the first sequal was a good follow up and as for the third one should'nt have had the Halloween name to it

jason maddox
The original one was perfect and the follow up was decent but it should've stopped there because they got stupid with every one, I mean we had to watch Busta Ryhmes trash talking Michael when he was getting electructed, that was brutal in so many ways.

I do think Michael Meyers in the new movie was an entirely different take on the character on the fact they made him more human and gave him a good backstory. He was also so brutal in the new movie and killed nearly everyone who got in his way plus Malcom McDowell was awesome as Dr. Loomis

anorthografos
Michael Myers has been shot, burned and electrocuted and still it seems he can't die. And why is this?

Don't say it is the Curse of Thorn, this curse is that he has to kill his family but it doesn't say anything about his strength. Besides, he also kills people who aren't really in his way; like for example the nurse that had to watch him in the Smith's Grove Sanitarium, but still he killed her with a fork.

He is to my opinion a very dangerous man to meet.
rolling on floor laughing

anorthografos
thanks....

ragesRemorse

because people want to continue to make movies about him.

FistOfThe North
H. pts 2 & 3 are "on demand" on comcast.

I'm halfway through 3. Ever since I was a kid I always hated pt. 3 cause Micheal Myers (MM) wasn't even in it, yet it was a "Halloween" movie. I remember renting it way back for the fist time and watching it and being utterly disappointed with it.

Well MM is kinda in it. Like you can see someone watching, either pt.1 or pt.2 on their tv, with MM slashing away at things. But that's it.

But the thing is, is that i'm very intereseted in pt.3 now, for some reason. Maybe i just naturally got over the fact that M.M.'s not in it and saw the movie for what it was. Conspiratorial capitalist propaganda.

Wolfie
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
H. pts 2 & 3 are "on demand" on comcast.

I'm halfway through 3. Ever since I was a kid I always hated pt. 3 cause Micheal Myers (MM) wasn't even in it, yet it was a "Halloween" movie. I remember renting it way back for the fist time and watching it and being utterly disappointed with it.

Well MM is kinda in it. Like you can see someone watching, either pt.1 or pt.2 on their tv, with MM slashing away at things. But that's it.

But the thing is, is that i'm very intereseted in pt.3 now, for some reason. Maybe i just naturally got over the fact that M.M.'s not in it and saw the movie for what it was. Conspiratorial capitalist propaganda.
Read the box. The description on it clearly says Michael isn't in it.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Impediment
Because the studios want to keep making money off of the storyline of Myers, even if it involves making shity sequels and ruining the name of one of horror's best icons.

yeah thats pretty much why.well I was glad they made part two cause the original was so great they had to make another.so I wish they had ended it at two.since they didn't though,they for sure should have ended it with hallowen 4 if they just had to make more.That would have been a great way to end it all IMO.I mean Loomis goes and says-Michael Myers is dead now.He's where he belongs,in hell.after all,he did end up being shot and ended up falling through the graves.perfect way to end the whole thing.falling through tombstones in a graveyard in hell where he belongs.perfect explanation given by Loomis.My guess is they want to keep the franchise going and catch up with how many sequals FRIDAY THE 13TH made.That franchise made 11 movies.Halloween has 9.so hopefully since you just know their going to make more,maybe they'll stop at 11.I doubt it though.they seem intent on making this into a james bond franchise. mad

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Wolfie
Read the box. The description on it clearly says Michael isn't in it.

never really got into reading the box or reading spoilers.

i prefer to find out and judge on my own. And that's if i haven't, by then, which is most of the time, somehow've figured out what the movies' about.

I read it afterwards though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.