superman vs thor: the wow factor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gogogadgetgo
these are two of the most powerful heros in their own universe. now, the question is, who of the two is more awe inspiring? who deliverse the "WOW factor"? i mean, if i superman/thor were real and if i happen to meet them i'd go, holy crap!!! its superman!!! WOW!!! or OMG!!! its thor!!! WOW!!! to put it in a different way, if they were celebrities, who'd have more audience impact?

scenario 1
- superman/thor drops by jla/avengers hq, what does the other members think when they see him? do they go like, wow its superman/thor or holy crap! its superman/thor, or do they just go, hey supes/thor wasup?

scenario2
- superman/thor drops by in a local mall, what doe the civilias say? do they go like wow its superman/thor, or holy crap! its superman/thor, or hey supes/thor wasup?, or do they run up to em and go, hey can i have your autograph?

i'd probably be more impressed by thor than superman but not by much, thor would be a 10 and superman a 9.999999

Mr. Slippyfist
Thor is more manly. smile

spidey-dude
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6239/03090412lp5.jpg

Mindship
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
scenario 1
- superman/thor drops by jla/avengers hq, what does the other members think when they see him? do they go like, wow its superman/thor or holy crap! its superman/thor, or do they just go, hey supes/thor wasup? The Avengers won't be as impressed by Superman's appearance as the JLA will be by Thor's. Thor presents a warrior's visage. On the other hand, I don't see the Avengers comparing Superman to Thor as if Thor were the Standard, the Icon, by which all superheroes are measured. You can bet your sweet bippy the JLA will be comparing Thor to Superman that way.

scenario2
- superman/thor drops by in a local mall, what doe the civilias say? do they go like wow its superman/thor, or holy crap! its superman/thor, or hey supes/thor wasup?, or do they run up to em and go, hey can i have your autograph? Thor is not as friendly looking, nor is he as friendly, as Superman. Thor is a warrior; Superman is a champion (even the Surfer was impressed big grin ). Superman will be more approachable.

batdude123
Originally posted by spidey-dude
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6239/03090412lp5.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/SupermanandThorbrawlin3.jpg

spidey-dude
Originally posted by batdude123
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/SupermanandThorbrawlin3.jpg awww superman fanboy standing up for his man how nice

batdude123
awww superman fanboy standing up for his man how nice

Hypocrisy much...

iceman24567
awww superman fanboy standing up for his man how nice What were you doing? This isn't a battle between Superman and Thor your intent was to bait and it's sad that you failed because we all know who one the fight in that cross over. Plus reported.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by iceman24567
What were you doing? This isn't a battle between Superman and Thor your intent was to bait and it's sad that you failed because we all know who one the fight in that cross over. Plus reported. again crossovers are done off of votes so any crossover with supes there always gonna put him to win cause hes the most popular guy. but that doesnt make him the strongest. and reported for what ?

iceman24567
again crossovers are done off of votes so any crossover with supes there always gonna put him to win cause hes the most popular guy. but that doesnt make him the strongest. and reported for what ? Baiting or spamming the thread you can pick.

batdude123
again crossovers are done off of votes so any crossover with supes there always gonna put him to win cause hes the most popular guy. but that doesnt make him the strongest. and reported for what ?

laughing out loud

The crossover with Superman and Thor was not fan voted. smile

spidey-dude
Baiting or spamming the thread you can pick. not spamming. dont know why your being such a little whiny baby just cause i posted a picture

spidey-dude
laughing out loud

The crossover with Superman and Thor was not fan voted. smile oh there only fan voted if the marvel guy wins right ? thats the way you put it now i see cause ive always seen you and others post crossovers arent cannon and al that

iceman24567
not spamming. dont know why your being such a little whiny baby just cause i posted a picture What was the purpose of the picture again? Nobody is being a baby but you crying about a cross over because Thor got beat by Superman. wink

spidey-dude
What was the purpose of the picture again? Nobody is being a baby but you crying about a cross over because Thor got beat by Superman. wink purpose of the picture was that supes got his butt kicked by thor in the 1st book

batdude123
oh there only fan voted if the marvel guy wins right ? thats the way you put it now i see cause ive always seen you and others post crossovers arent cannon and al that

Oh my God... no expression

You personify what it means to be ignorant.

I spoke directly to the author of that crossover, Kurt Busiek. The comic wasn't fan voted.

Now please stop posting. erm

Mr. Slippyfist
Oh snap. Spidey-dude pwns again!

spidey-dude
Oh my God... no expression

I spoke directly to the author of that crossover, Kurt Busiek.
erm laughing laughing

batdude123
laughing laughing

Kill yourself. smile

iceman24567
purpose of the picture was that supes got his butt kicked by thor in the 1st book Which means what in this thread? That picture has nothing to do with the subject of the thread plus Superman Koed Thor if you didn't know. So stop baiting and spamming.

spidey-dude
Kill yourself. smile reported big grin

iceman24567
He did speak to the writer we all saw it no expression.

spidey-dude
Which means what in this thread? That picture has nothing to do with the subject of the thread plus Superman Koed Thor if you didn't know. So stop baiting and spamming. this is a versus forum dude people are gonna discuss over which character can beat who. i made a thread of rogue kissing poison ivy asking others who would die 1st and lots responded ivy would knock out rogue and all that. well my thread was about who dies 1st from kiss no who beats who 1st and i didnt start bitching like you. if they want to start a vs thing thats fine thats what this part of this forum is about

spidey-dude
He did speak to the writer we all saw it no expression. sure

batdude123
reported big grin

thumbsup

iceman24567
this is a versus forum dude people are gonna discuss over which character can beat who. i made a thread of rogue kissing poison ivy asking others who would die 1st and lots responded ivy would knock out rogue and all that. well my thread was about who dies 1st from kiss no who beats who 1st and i didnt start bitching like you. if they want to start a vs thing thats fine thats what this part of this forum is about You are the only person bitching you posted a comment to bait or spam maybe both and this thread is a vs thread but it's not always about who wins in a fight. The thread starting never said anything about them fighting or even toughing you spamed thats fact i reported you for baiting and spamming stop crying you were wrong man up. I guess facts don't mean anything to you anyways.

spidey-dude
You are the only person bitching you posted a comment to bait or spam maybe both and this thread is a vs thread but it's not always about who wins in a fight. The thread starting never said anything about them fighting or even toughing you spamed thats fact i reported you for baiting and spamming stop crying you were wrong man up. I guess facts don't mean anything to you anyways. your the one started bitching about my post if u dont like it then keep to your self your big mouth isnt gonna help just make things worse. i see stupid posts on here all the time i keep it to myself i dont say crap to them or start arguements over a picture not like somone else here we know/ GROW UP !

redhotrash
Scenario 1: I dont see either side being amazed by either character honestly. They deal with Ultra powerful guys all the time.
The JLA would probably assume hes there to bed or battle Wonderwoman, either of which is plausable. They deal with gods of various pantheons often enough that 1 more shouldnt shock anyone.
The Avengers might be a bit more impressed with Superman, as Iron Man tends to get off on those sorts of people. Which leads to Sentry being completely embarassed by his more manly counterpart and the rest of the team asking why he cant be more like Supes.

Scenario 2 I definately think Thor would gain a lot more attention from the general populace. The whole thinder and lightning thing is the definition of showmanship. Meanwhile Superman is just a dude who wears red underwear outside his pants. Take Ultimate Thor for example, he has a legitimate cult following based initially just on his image.
Speaking of images, that was a fairly neat pic of them brawling, but if anyone think they will EVER get a legit crossover storyline between the 2 companies, your lying to yourself. Even if a fight does go the way it should (Flash over Quicksilver), thats more of a bit of lucky writing than anything that should be accepted as canon.

iceman24567
your the one started bitching about my post if u dont like it then keep to your self your big mouth isnt gonna help just make things worse. i see stupid posts on here all the time i keep it to myself i dont say crap to them or start arguements over a picture not like somone else here we know/ GROW UP ! I cool you're the one insulting people calling them fanboys and bitches i don't want to keep to myself because you're wrong and you ruined this thread i doubt anybody thinks i am the one that needs to grow up after that post. eek!

spidey-dude
Originally posted by redhotrash
Scenario 1: I dont see either side being amazed by either character honestly. They deal with Ultra powerful guys all the time.
The JLA would probably assume hes there to bed or battle Wonderwoman, either of which is plausable. They deal with gods of various pantheons often enough that 1 more shouldnt shock anyone.
The Avengers might be a bit more impressed with Superman, as Iron Man tends to get off on those sorts of people. Which leads to Sentry being completely embarassed by his more manly counterpart and the rest of the team asking why he cant be more like Supes.

Scenario 2 I definately think Thor would gain a lot more attention from the general populace. The whole thinder and lightning thing is the definition of showmanship. Meanwhile Superman is just a dude who wears red underwear outside his pants. Take Ultimate Thor for example, he has a legitimate cult following based initially just on his image.
Speaking of images, that was a fairly neat pic of them brawling, but if anyone think they will EVER get a legit crossover storyline between the 2 companies, your lying to yourself. Even if a fight does go the way it should (Flash over Quicksilver), thats more of a bit of lucky writing than anything that should be accepted as canon. thumbup1

Faceman
your the one started bitching about my post if u dont like it then keep to your self your big mouth isnt gonna help just make things worse. i see stupid posts on here all the time i keep it to myself i dont say crap to them or start arguements over a picture not like somone else here we know/ GROW UP !

Spidey just leave it alone...I don't think anything major is going to happen to you for posting a pic. Like you said , I could name at least 5 posters in this forum that should be banned , but they don't. So if you get reported big deal, you won't get banned for it. Just relax, go about your night, and continue posting in peace....

spidey-dude
I cool you're the one insulting people calling them fanboys and bitches i don't want to keep to myself because you're wrong and you ruined this thread i doubt anybody thinks i am the one that needs to grow up after that post. eek! im guessying your a newbie cause many people on here call eachother fanboys every now and then. call me one i dont care. i dont lets words from a child bother me. and im sure youve used the word b!tch before in your life so dont sit there like your some priest that never swears

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Faceman
Spidey just leave it alone...I don't think anything major is going to happen to you for posting a pic. Like you said , I could name at least 5 posters in this forum that should be banned , but they don't. So if you get reported big deal, you won't get banned for it. Just relax, go about your night, and continue posting in peace.... hey your right the child is just a waist of time il move on. thanks for the tip

Captain REX
Spidey-dude, please knock that attitude off and bring the thread back on topic. The debate is Superman vs. Thor, not iceman's past swearing experiences...

iceman24567
im guessying your a newbie cause many people on here call eachother fanboys every now and then. call me one i dont care. i dont lets words from a child bother me. and im sure youve used the word b!tch before in your life so dont sit there like your some priest that never swears Yeah i must be a newbie congratulations. Actually I'm a nun innocent

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Captain REX
Spidey-dude, please knock that attitude off and bring the thread back on topic. The debate is Superman vs. Thor, not iceman's past swearing experiences... i will if he gets off my back as well

iceman24567
For one I'm not on your back two I'm not a child i am definitely done with this thread anyways.

spidey-dude
For one I'm not on your back two I'm not a child i am definitely done with this thread anyways. but your still a nun right ? big grin

Captain REX
You're still keeping at it, both of you. Knock it off or I will close the thread.

Badabing
these are two of the most powerful heros in their own universe. now, the question is, who of the two is more awe inspiring? who deliverse the "WOW factor"? i mean, if i superman/thor were real and if i happen to meet them i'd go, holy crap!!! its superman!!! WOW!!! or OMG!!! its thor!!! WOW!!! to put it in a different way, if they were celebrities, who'd have more audience impact?

scenario 1
- superman/thor drops by jla/avengers hq, what does the other members think when they see him? do they go like, wow its superman/thor or holy crap! its superman/thor, or do they just go, hey supes/thor wasup?

scenario2
- superman/thor drops by in a local mall, what doe the civilias say? do they go like wow its superman/thor, or holy crap! its superman/thor, or hey supes/thor wasup?, or do they run up to em and go, hey can i have your autograph?

i'd probably be more impressed by thor than superman but not by much, thor would be a 10 and superman a 9.999999 I can't say what The JLA or Avengers would think or people at the mall. Personally, Thor's appearance would have a bigger "Whoa" factor than Superman.

llagrok
Originally posted by Badabing
I can't say what The JLA or Avengers would think or people at the mall. Personally, Thor's appearance would have a bigger "Whoa" factor than Superman.

Fanboy...

Juntai
Supes.

Captain REX
I hate the word fanboy...

Thank you for calming yourselves, iceman and spidey-dude. Much appreciated.

Badabing
Originally posted by llagrok
Fanboy... Reported! uhuh

Wait..... stick out tongue

spidey-dude

Thank you for calming yourselves, iceman and spidey-dude. Much appreciated. you can always count on me big grin

quanchi112

Thank you for calming yourselves, iceman and spidey-dude. Much appreciated. I remember the computer game jack attack.

psycho gundam
thor-
6'7", 650lbs, looks like a bodybuilder, arms exposed, looks like fabio on roids, red cape, winged hat, and HOLDING A FREAKIN ASGARDIAN BATTLE HAMMER!

superman-
6'3"-6'5", well muscled(depends on artist), most likely hovering over the ground, handsome(but not scary)

really depends on the person. a woman might go for superman over thor because he is more clean cut and wholesome, guys will be in awe of thor due to the awesomeness emanating from mjolnir.

psycho gundam
when using their powers, thor hands down.

spetznaz
Thor:
Would probably have a 'fireworks' effect (ya know, lightning and all that jazz) that will pretty much impress anyone this side of ritalin. And he does have a presence.

Superman:
May not have the same ambience effect, and thus may not have the same effect on people (normal people) that Thor would have (for objectiveness, I am assuming the people have no clue who Superman is nor who Thor is, because if they did obviously most people would be more at awe with Superman ....to be honest people would be more in awe over Spiderman than Thor even, based on knowledge and popularity and such factors. Thus I am assuming that people do not know who the characters are ....in such a scenario Thor would have a greater effect, and quite easily).

As for the Super-teams ....it flips. The JLA would be impressed by Thor, but not as much as the Avengers would be impressed by Superman.

Thor would bring magic (they already have a good number of magical dudes ....even 'funny' characters like Animal Man have control over VAST magical forces through the Red). Thor would bring strength (something that is yawned at in the JLA). Thor would bring Mjolnir (probably the only one who would be interested in it is Steel, to see if its magical properties can be duplicated using technology, and WonderWoman, to see if she is worth enough to lift it). Guess what ....that's more or less it.

The avengers on the other side would basically have another Sentry (without the occasional psychological issues). Superman would basically be a walking breathing X-men team rolled up into one person, and that would create a lot more interest than Thor would create in a rather jaded JLA team (honestly, would even Batman be impressed by Thor after what he has seen?)

Thus:

Normal humans ....Thor wins, and wins easily.

Super-teams ......Superman wins by being a veritable X-men team rolled up into one, shaken together, and amped up to the nth level.

psycho gundam
oh yeah one very important flaw for superman, he can pass for human and gets hackled by his boss.

JuanJohnboy
awww superman fanboy standing up for his man how nice

spammer

Evangel94
Kurt Busiek probably received pressure from both companies to portray both Thor and Superman evenly without having one distinctly winning over the other.

Taking all the Thor and Superman interactions:
Issue 1: Hammer throw to Superman's Face with blood coming out Superman's mouth.
Issue 2: Hammer swing stopped by Superman, and Thor blasted by heatvision

Issue 5 or 6?: Superman lifts mjolnir in the time of emergency, but is later shown to be unworthy of lifting the hammer.

In the end, nothing was really settled.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thor-
6'7", 650lbs, looks like a bodybuilder, arms exposed, looks like fabio on roids, red cape, winged hat, and HOLDING A FREAKIN ASGARDIAN BATTLE HAMMER!

superman-
6'3"-6'5", well muscled(depends on artist), most likely hovering over the ground, handsome(but not scary)

really depends on the person. a woman might go for superman over thor because he is more clean cut and wholesome, guys will be in awe of thor due to the awesomeness emanating from mjolnir.

yeah, but man or woman, when they see a 6'7", 650lbs man with arms as huge as their wast carring a giant hammer, they'd most definitly go, "WOW"!! or "HOLY CRAP"!!!
plus thor's probably good looking wiht his golden hair and all (probably why enchantres has the hots for him)

while superman is just well, clean looking, though also handsom i supose. still, if he floats around people would still go "WOW"!

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by spetznaz
Thor:
Would probably have a 'fireworks' effect (ya know, lightning and all that jazz) that will pretty much impress anyone this side of ritalin. And he does have a presence.

Superman:
May not have the same ambience effect, and thus may not have the same effect on people (normal people) that Thor would have (for objectiveness, I am assuming the people have no clue who Superman is nor who Thor is, because if they did obviously most people would be more at awe with Superman ....to be honest people would be more in awe over Spiderman than Thor even, based on knowledge and popularity and such factors. Thus I am assuming that people do not know who the characters are ....in such a scenario Thor would have a greater effect, and quite easily).

As for the Super-teams ....it flips. The JLA would be impressed by Thor, but not as much as the Avengers would be impressed by Superman.

Thor would bring magic (they already have a good number of magical dudes ....even 'funny' characters like Animal Man have control over VAST magical forces through the Red). Thor would bring strength (something that is yawned at in the JLA). Thor would bring Mjolnir (probably the only one who would be interested in it is Steel, to see if its magical properties can be duplicated using technology, and WonderWoman, to see if she is worth enough to lift it). Guess what ....that's more or less it.

The avengers on the other side would basically have another Sentry (without the occasional psychological issues). Superman would basically be a walking breathing X-men team rolled up into one person, and that would create a lot more interest than Thor would create in a rather jaded JLA team (honestly, would even Batman be impressed by Thor after what he has seen?)

Thus:

Normal humans ....Thor wins, and wins easily.

Super-teams ......Superman wins by being a veritable X-men team rolled up into one, shaken together, and amped up to the nth level.

the normal humans scenario i agree. though i also agree with the super-teams assesment, but for different reasons. the jla, being made up of wodnerwoman, greenlantern, martian manhunter, falsh, bla bla bla, would not be overly impressed with thor as many of them are uber powerful in their own right.
and superman, being as powerful as thor would have the avengers look up to him in awe as they are both in a class of their own (probably like sentry, though sentry is all hype)

Badabing
awww superman fanboy standing up for his man how nice You posted your scan and he posted his scan and you replied with name calling. I don't want to see anymore of this. Thanks.

FrothByte
neither would impress the teams by looks alone. everybody in each team is so ridiculously dressed anyways. altho the avengers might raise an eyebrow over superman (because marvel heroes don't usually wear their briefs outside their pants) and the jla will probably think thor a retard (curtesy of his archaic speech).

everyday crowd? thor hands down.

both superman and thor would attract a crowd, what with all their costumes and such.

but anybody as big and muscular as thor would attract more attention, add to that his winged hat, yellow boots, blond hair, hammer, and ludicrous speech... well, he's definitely got the wow factor there. ofcourse, the lightning and thunder and beer mug in hand would also get more attention than superspeed, heat vision, and frost breath.

superman would probably get more autographs though, as he is more approachable looking.

but then again, who would you rather take an autograph from? an alien or a god?

llagrok
Reported! uhuh

Wait..... stick out tongue

I beat the system biscuits

severance
yeah, but man or woman, when they see a 6'7", 650lbs man with arms as huge as their wast carring a giant hammer, they'd most definitly go, "WOW"!! or "HOLY CRAP"!!!
plus thor's probably good looking wiht his golden hair and all (probably why enchantres has the hots for him)

while superman is just well, clean looking, though also handsom i supose. still, if he floats around people would still go "WOW"!

First view only
supes is listed as being 6'3" and 225lbs. Which is pretty big but I know plenty of guys as big or bigger down my gym. So on first view I would be slightly impressed because he is pretty well built and I guess since he absorbs solar energy he has 0% body fat - but not over awed

As you said Thor is a giant. I don't know anyone who weighs 640lbs (but then I don't live in USA). let alone 640 of solid muscle. That plus the armour and the massive hammer and the warrior scowl, I think I would be fairly intimidated

severance
Smirk factor upon first meeting you may have suppress a bit of a smile

Superman. The oft quoted red underpants on the outside, but also the kiss curl i mean how camp is that.

Thor wings on your helmet that looks crap (there is no evidence vikings actually had wings on their helmets). The yellow boots like Tom Bombadil. The long hair could either be classic 80's rock star or 60s hippie.

CaptainStoic
Personally I don't get the idol of millions thing, I've met celebs in my life (Halle Berry very down to earth woman), and their just like us with more responsibility (money). Back to the point I'd call it dead even I think both heros are pretty kewl.

spidey-dude
You posted your scan and he posted his scan and you replied with name calling. I don't want to see anymore of this. Thanks. what name ?

redhotrash
Your focusing too much on Thor's hair and shoes and not enough on the lightning that would be crackling around him.
Also, someone mentioned Thor's odd way of talking which would stand out, especially at the mall..
"By the bristling beard of Odin, Thou art offering savings of 50%! I feel myself falling into the Gap!"

severance
Originally posted by redhotrash
Your focusing too much on Thor's hair and shoes and not enough on the lightning that would be crackling around him.
Also, someone mentioned Thor's odd way of talking which would stand out, especially at the mall..
"By the bristling beard of Odin, Thou art offering savings of 50%! I feel myself falling into the Gap!"

hysterical

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.