Race & "Pirates of the Caribbean"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VioletEyesPop08
I saw an ad and thought it would be best to have this as a separate Thread. (I can see the attack of including it in the other Threads since some people even look up to see if something was there, in the Threads previously. I don't want it as an off-topic.) Let me know if there are any objections and you can close it. Should there be a Thread on asking what you should make a "Pirates of the Caribbean" Thread to eliminate double-posting? The what do you want in a POTC forum Thread was closed, of course.

This is the ad, from KMC. Sao Feng and his crew are really Chinese, just in their bath house in Singapore.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x57/neatokitty11/KMCAd-2008-2-25a-LustPassion.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lust_caution It is a 2007 Chinese film.

I was shocked.. you know I'm 1/2 Chinese... Anyone? (And no I don't claim to be an ethnicity, just a European. I don't really want to be Chinese in that way. I saw this and I forgot what a rating even was.)

IheartPocky
I think it really makes no difference really. Why do you bring race up? I dunno. What about the other races in the series? It doesn't matter.

Everybody is people! smile And I don't appreciate this thread!

VioletEyesPop08
Originally posted by IheartPocky
I think it really makes no difference really. Why do you bring race up? I dunno. What about the other races in the series? It doesn't matter.

Everybody is people! smile And I don't appreciate this thread! Why do you bring race up?
- I don't know, yet.... sad ..Do you?
- embarrasment Well, I know I am always very interested in race. I guess if you know you are White, it is not interesting and is it almost offensive? Why.... should I wonder.. Seeing as everyone on here is -I don't know... (I'd say I also just want to be White but love all the cultures, etc.) As for people who are saying they/others are not White, now, I wonder if the topic is a big one with them? -A normal thing to bring up like.? That is what I..thought. ? Did I offend anyone? I encourage you not to report it if you think other people want to see it develop because it will actually unfortunately smokin' only come up again.*

What about the other races in the series?
- Pelegostos http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Pelegostos
- - They must be the same race as my mother, though. proneto::giggles::

- -Again, just something to read. I know I want something interesting to read/chat-on. People in different parts of the U.S.A. and other countries have different views on racism, still, and that makes it seem offensive when it is not.

- And, sorry, did I manage to say anything wrong on such an.. interesting topic? I just had told it like it was and look back and am not sure what else to change or @ saying nothing.. confused

- It might not seem interesting now, but it will be. Happy Dance You cannot avoid talking about everything...

*Let's say it's interesting to a 21-year-old.

Unfortunately, I think the point of the topic was for people who feel prejudiced against in race of their entire life, which everyone raises a hand concerning. -Race meaning someone else saying what race you are as root. I feel that is all that ever happens in life, often: racism. Like I say, it is different in different parts of the world, and I feel I am not allowed to forget it when I want to ever. The part that offends you is that I accuse you of racism, which wasn't what I was trying to say, though. I probably brought it up before because I felt I couldn't do anything in life, like write on here, just because of it, really. It's not something you talk about so much as you think, but rather something you put in the right place when you talk.. (-Thinking still...) I knew this was something you could call attention to in that it seems there is nothing to talk about in life sometimes/often-for-some.

VioletEyesPop08
(Is this double post okay?)

I was just in the middle of eating last night's take-out and remembered, I was on URL DELETED and there was a topic that all hit on race. I can look for it and post it later maybe.. sleep1

Do NOT spam by advertising personal sites like myspace.

VioletEyesPop08
URL DELETED

VioletEyesPop08
NEWS: on AOL News @ http://www.aol.com

http://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/photo-of-obama-with-turban-causes-stir/20080225145809990001

It has to do with some things we were talking about and I wasn't sure where to put it or if I should just wait.

Wow, just because he is from Indonesia, he wears African clothes.. I did not know.. :X

(Let me know @ the nature of my double posting: if any of my posts should have gone somewhere else or how I should wait for certain things. I figured since it was the news and no one might post here again.. ? Too many rules; it must be fun sometimes being the Mod.)

RoguePw25
Originally posted by VioletEyesPop08
(Is this double post okay?)

No, that double space is not okay Violet, this is what spamming is. You were banned because of your double, triple and even quadrople postings. Knock it off. If someone doesn't reply to do, don't reply back to yourself mulitiple times.

ALSO, don't advertise your personal myspace or forums. This is spamming too. So please don't do it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.