Darth Vader Vs 10 Droidekas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laser7455
Who takes it?

Ivalice
Vader, i don't see why he can't just use the force to disable or crush them all at once.

darthsith19
This is hard to say. Droiedka's are hard to debate, 2 of them put TPM Qui-Gon and Kenobi on the run, and 3 were at least good enough that ROTS Kenobi and Anakin choose to back away from them rather than destroy them. But Magnaguards are said to be superior to Droidekas, which is wierd because it sure doesn't seem that way.

Also I heard that sometime after ROTJ, Luke and Mara Jade faced a Droideka 2 on 1 and had trouble defeating it.

0°Mandalore°0
What? Luke and Mara fought a Droideka? How is that even possible?

Gideon
The incident in reference took place during Survivor's Quest. A droideka was sent during the Outbound Flight-escapade, survived, and when Luke and Mara stumbled upon the remains of the fated sojourn and was attacked by it.

0°Mandalore°0
Right. Wasn't aware of that, to be honest.

caedusrulesall
There is a power through which you can instantly destroy droids, it's called Destroy Droid. Raynar Thul can use it, and I'd wager Vader can too. Plus a lightsaber, Vader could probably take 10 Droidekas.

skywalker833
if 2 droidekas could handle quigon and obi1, vader doesnt stand a chance against 10!

Lord Knightfa11
this be a dead thread. stop bumping them.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by skywalker833
if 2 droidekas could handle quigon and obi1, vader doesnt stand a chance against 10!

That's probably what Cin Drallig and Serra Keto thought about 10,000 Jedi.

Man of Christ
this is simple logic.

After reconstructive surgery, all it took was vader to get angry for him t o crush a room full of metal made of the same substance as GG. with that in mind, he can simply tap into the darkside to collapse the droid's chases

darthsith19
Originally posted by Man of Christ
this is simple logic.

After reconstructive surgery, all it took was vader to get angry for him t o crush a room full of metal made of the same substance as GG. with that in mind, he can simply tap into the darkside to collapse the droid's chases

It took a few seconds to crush all that metal, so I doubt the droidekas will all be crushed at once. If any or them unroll and start shooting at him, he's going to have to block it with the Force or with his lightsaber and isn't going to be able to block the laserfire and use the Force to crush them at the same time, easily. And if it were as easy to crush them with the Force as you make it out to be, why did Luke and Mara have such a hard time taking out a single Droideka?

Janus Marius
Yeah, but he did that because he had lost the love of his life. So unless the droidekas start the match by lightning up Padme, that ain't gonna happen.

Gideon
Because, about that time, Timothy Zahn went through his mid-life-crisis where he realized that some of the movie characters exceeded those of his own design; Luke Skywalker was essentially becoming the shit when it came to acquired power. In a daring scheme, he decided to draft Survivor's Quest, where a post-Dark Empire Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker stumble upon the remains of Outbound Flight. There, they are encountered by a slightly modified droideka who attacks and nearly kills them. My theory? He does this all to symbolize that droidekas are uber, and Thrawn (pre-GADM days) owned them all in a stupifying display of tactical ability; a subtle indication that Thrawn > Luke.

That said, Luke Skywalker owned an AT-AT. By himself. Easily. And no matter how bad Zahn feels, an AT-AT > a droideka. By, like, miles. So, chalk it up to author's fiat and move on.

darthsith19
True, AT-AT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Droideka.

skywalker833
lol

Man of Christ
Originally posted by darthsith19
It took a few seconds to crush all that metal, so I doubt the droidekas will all be crushed at once. If any or them unroll and start shooting at him, he's going to have to block it with the Force or with his lightsaber and isn't going to be able to block the laserfire and use the Force to crush them at the same time, easily. And if it were as easy to crush them with the Force as you make it out to be, why did Luke and Mara have such a hard time taking out a single Droideka?

Let us note how easily he deflected fire from han solo's gun with his hand, he can easily do that here.

in terms of the metal, im sure droideka metal is softer than gg's metal so it shouldnt take that long. and a couple of seconds is still good time.

in the time it took anakin to crush the metal, the droids would have to first roll up to you, unfold, point the gun, then shoot.

in the time it takes to do all that, vader can force crush them

darthsith19
Let us note how easily he deflected fire from han solo's gun with his hand, he can easily do that here.

in terms of the metal, im sure droideka metal is softer than gg's metal so it shouldnt take that long. and a couple of seconds is still good time.

in the time it took anakin to crush the metal, the droids would have to first roll up to you, unfold, point the gun, then shoot.

in the time it takes to do all that, vader can force crush them
1. That was one blaster. Each Droideka has 2, so 20 total. Prove that he can block 2 laser bolts at once.

2. You being sure doesn't count as proof.

3. Unless when he started crushing them they immediately unrolled and opened fire.

4. Maybe.

Man of Christ
1. That was one blaster. Each Droideka has 2, so 20 total. Prove that he can block 2 laser bolts at once.

2. You being sure doesn't count as proof.

3. Unless when he started crushing them they immediately unrolled and opened fire.

4. Maybe.

the amount of blasters wont matter against a force adept like vader who spent most of his jedi carreer fighting droids.

using logic count dooku put gg back together using duranium which is stronger than bronzium
per this article
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duranium

in response to point 3 of your presentation itslike this:

he crushes some, and if by a fluke one has time to unroll it's bots will be reflected by his hand then he crushes it.

skywalker833
In cestus deception, they say a droideka can defeat a jedi. Against ten, vader doesnt stand a chance.

Man of Christ
In cestus deception, they say a droideka can defeat a jedi. Against ten, vader doesnt stand a chance.

who is the speaker in this 'Cestus deception" of which you speak?

and just because you can beat someone doesnt mean you will
for example. a clone can kill a jedi, but does that mean it will always happen? no

darthsith19
the amount of blasters wont matter against a force adept like vader who spent most of his jedi carreer fighting droids.

using logic count dooku put gg back together using duranium which is stronger than bronzium
per this article
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duranium

in response to point 3 of your presentation itslike this:

he crushes some, and if by a fluke one has time to unroll it's bots will be reflected by his hand then he crushes it.
1. That doesn't prove that he can block all the bolts at once. there is a limit to everybody.

And, the thread doesn't even specify whether the Droidekas start rolled up our out with blasters pointing at vader or anything.

Ivalice
1. That doesn't prove that he can block all the bolts at once. there is a limit to everybody.

Or he could bend the bolts away as he did in empire betrayal when his target practice storm troopers were firing at him with fully automatic laser rifles.

I think he can beat 4 or 5 at most but 10 seems a little too much, he may or may not win this and it depends on the circumstances and outcome of the battle.

Blax_Hydralisk

Janus Marius
Well, my problems with that is the simple act of TK levitation is not instantaneous when anyone used it. If he generated a sort of TK shockwave out in a complete circle powerful enough to crush the droids, it may work. Other than that though, it just buys him time. Droidekas can fire 240 rounds per minute, times ten and that's a lot of blaster bolts to have to deflect. Likewise, when Anakin and Obi-Wan were surrounded by droidekas, they either opted to surrender or run like hell.

Blax_Hydralisk

Janus Marius
*Oppresses*

http://i30.tinypic.com/dhesg.jpg

Man of Christ
doesnt a sorce have vader using broken shop pieces as missles with force tk?

Ivalice
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Well, my problems with that is the simple act of TK levitation is not instantaneous when anyone used it. If he generated a sort of TK shockwave out in a complete circle powerful enough to crush the droids, it may work. Honestly janus vader did suspended 10 wild animals in the air instantly and broke their necks all at once when they pounced on him. I can't remember which is the exact source but i am positive its in one of the empire comics.

Janus Marius
Instantly? No form of TK in the entire series is 'instant", though some forms are quick. In any case, it's dicey. If he insta-TKs the droidekas, there's a possibility they could gun him anyways. They fire very fast.

skywalker833

The speaker is obi1's mind. When they discovered the jedi killer droid. He was wtching kit fight the killer, and he was thinking that because the killer seemed better.

Ivalice
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Instantly? No form of TK in the entire series is 'instant", though some forms are quick. In any case, it's dicey. If he insta-TKs the droidekas, there's a possibility they could gun him anyways. They fire very fast. Judging it was from a comic scan it looked like it was, if the creatures remained on him any longer they would have seriously injured or even killed him.

But yea i agree with you i think quickly should be the correct term.

Anyways it would be very difficult for him to face 10 destroyer droids when all of them are firing at him at the same time, so i think for him to win it would depend on the situation and circumstances.

darthsith19

The speaker is obi1's mind. When they discovered the jedi killer droid. He was wtching kit fight the killer, and he was thinking that because the killer seemed better.
That's a Jedi Killer Droid, though, and the droids in this thread are Droidekas / Destroyer Droids. They are different from Jedi Killer Droids.

truejedi
That's a Jedi Killer Droid, though, and the droids in this thread are Droidekas / Destroyer Droids. They are different from Jedi Killer Droids.

he's saying that Obi-Wan was thinking the Jedi killer droids were better than the droidekas, and that worried him, because he already knew that droidekas could kill Jedi.

skywalker833
yeah, pretty much

An_Sock
Bump

Trocity
Holy shit Rebel95 has been on kmc for a decade?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.