Punisher vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battlehammer
Punisher has an hour of prep. Takes place in warehouse

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Punisher has an hour of prep. Takes place in warehouse

I still give Frank the majority but as far as im concerned hed do better than Wolverine.

Battlehammer
Not surprized given your history of allow your bias and hate come before logic and reason.

Phantom Zone
Not surprized given your history of allow your bias and hate come before logic and reason.

Originally posted by Phantom Zone

Hey, dont you dare accuse me of bias, ok?????

1. I just admiited in Cap vs Wolverine that Wolverine beating Cap was not PIS, but I think its a low showing.

2. I defended Wolverine vs Deadpool in the MA ranking thread.

3. I defended Wolverine when people say that he cant beat people like Hercules.

4. Hell I even try to be polite to certain posters and they turn around and insult me.

It just sums you Wolverine fanboys even when I try to be civil or give Wolverine the benefit of the doubt I still get insulted anything that I do that contradicts your beliefs in Wolverine means bias, your incapable of looking at things from any point of view but your own.

The only reason why I say I hate Wolverine is because of people like you. Hell Sado hates Wolverine now, congratulations.

no expression You know how hard it is to admit something not pIS when I have to put up with your rubbish. Its just take take take from you Wolverine fans no give.

Sado22
his ultimate finishing move: fanboy harakiri!*

*when he totally contradicts himself in the most blatantly obvious ways. don't try this at home, kids no expression

Battlehammer
no expression You know how hard it is to admit something not pIS when I have to put up with your rubbish. Its just take take take from you Wolverine fans no give.
I don't really care. Your crap jsut as bad if not worse and I don't cry about admitting somthing not pis when it's not.

See the difference with me and jinzin is we like capt we read capt. We don't have a hatred of capt. The reasons why are we don't really care that ****ing much about what you capt fanboy's talk about. We just ignore it.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Sado22
his ultimate finishing move: fanboy harakiri!*

*when he totally contradicts himself in the most blatantly obvious ways. don't try this at home, kids no expression

Actaully I was not contradicting my self.......if you wanted to be clever which you failed at. You should have said the irony.

saying im controdicting my self, really made no senses with the post you quoted.

Phantom Zone
I don't really care. Your crap jsut as bad if not worse and I don't cry about admitting somthing not pis when it's not.

See the difference with me and jinzin is we like capt we read capt. We don't have a hatred of capt. The reasons why are we don't really care that ****ing much about what you capt fanboy's talk about. We just ignore it.

Can you see how I just tried to come half way with you. no expression *shrug* See how I tried to be civil despite my frustration and you still shoved it right back in my face.

Battlehammer
Can you see how I just tried to come half way with you. no expression *shrug* See how I tried to be civil despite my frustration and you still shoved it right back in my face.
Like I said your not very good at the civil thing. I mean calling me rubbish is not overly civil.

and I stated just what you had been stating about wolevrine fans. Capt fans are just as bad. You can't let the dislike of a group of fans ruin a character for you.

Phantom Zone
Like I said your not very good at the civil thing. I mean calling me rubbish is not overly civil.

No it not but its not an over night thing is it. This has been going on for awhile.

Battlehammer
Not really it had stupped for a long time and you brought it back, not that I care.

I got worses problems with other memebers.

Phantom Zone
Not really it had stupped for a long time and you brought it back, not that I care.

You were harrasing me in tha What If Spiderman thread and I dindt do anything....the reason why it usually stops is because I succeed in not losing my temper. no expression

Battlehammer
You were harrasing me in tha What If Spiderman thread and I dindt do anything....the reason why it usually stops is because I succeed in not losing my temper. no expression
by harrassing you mean disagreeing with you. It a forum it was a debate. There was no harrassing of any kind. You need to stop taking arguements so offensivly.

You tend to lsoe your temper well before I do lol.

Battlehammer
Any way Capt is the winner of this match up in my opinion.

Capt holds every phyiscall adavantage. He also holds every abilties advantage such as military tactic, training, experience. The only area in terms of ability that Punisher is superior is stealth, but he is inferior in Skill by a great deal.

Punisher only holds really two advantages in this match, range and prep time, but is pritty much a disadvantage in every other area some by a large amount.

Phantom Zone
by harrassing you mean disagreeing with you. It a forum it was a debate. There was no harrassing of any kind. You need to stop taking arguements so offensivly.

You tend to lsoe your temper well before I do lol.

No you were trying to focus on the fact that I brought up Cap.

Battlehammer
No you were trying to focus on the fact that I brought up Cap.
not really. we were argueing that spiderman granted capt knowledge would not increase his spider senses.

oh and ya there was kinda no reason to bring capt up in a thread were he was not mention at all nor in the issue the thread was about.

Phantom Zone
not really. we were argueing that spiderman granted capt knowledge would not increase his spider senses.

oh and ya there was kinda no reason to bring capt up in a thread were he was not mention at all nor in the issue the thread was about.

Not really the point was that if Spiderman recieved MA training his SS would increase and thats what happened in the What If issue, so it was relevant.

spetznaz
Frank vs Steve.

Unless it is a competition on who has the most boring sounding name, this has to go to Steve. The major caveat would be if Frank resorted to more ...well ....'expanded' type of weaponry (e.g. well situated claymore mines that ensure that even if Cap protects one hemisphere of his body with his shield, the other will be exposed) or maybe through the creative use of normal high-explosive (even though th shield may protect him from the direct heat-blast effect, the concussive force, pressure wave, and sound effects will take Cap down .....in much the same manner that hiding in a cave will not save you from a thermobaric weapon ....the heat will not get you, but the pressure wave will literally tear your eardrums apart, and the vacuum effect thereafter will collapse your lungs.)

If Frank does that he can win against Cap, but a certain level of prep is required (to lay down the ordinance and lace the ground with explosives).

Otherwise, if it is a normal gun vs cap situation, and within a relatively close range, Cap blocks all the bullets (which will be coming from a uni-directional source) with his shield, and when he gets close then Frank is gone.

Castle is good ...no great ....but up close he will not stand up to Steve.

Thus, Frank would need to get a hold of explosives. Even a shield stronger than adamantium will not be able to save you from a multi-angle detonation (unless PIS is used)

Battlehammer
Not really the point was that if Spiderman recieved MA training his SS would increase and thats what happened in the What If issue, so it was relevant.
No it was not. You could have said recieved MA training with out bringing up capt.

also spiderman recieving pure ma training is not what increased his siper senses. The guy train his spider senses directly. MA really had little to do with it.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by spetznaz
Frank vs Steve.

Unless it is a competition on who has the most boring sounding name, this has to go to Steve. The major caveat would be if Frank resorted to more ...well ....'expanded' type of weaponry (e.g. well situated claymore mines that ensure that even if Cap protects one hemisphere of his body with his shield, the other will be exposed) or maybe through the creative use of normal high-explosive (even though th shield may protect him from the direct heat-blast effect, the concussive force, pressure wave, and sound effects will take Cap down .....in much the same manner that hiding in a cave will not save you from a thermobaric weapon ....the heat will not get you, but the pressure wave will literally tear your eardrums apart, and the vacuum effect thereafter will collapse your lungs.)

If Frank does that he can win against Cap, but a certain level of prep is required (to lay down the ordinance and lace the ground with explosives).

Otherwise, if it is a normal gun vs cap situation, and within a relatively close range, Cap blocks all the bullets (which will be coming from a uni-directional source) with his shield, and when he gets close then Frank is gone.

Thus, Frank would need to get a hold of explosives. Even a shield stronger than adamantium will not be able to save you from a multi-angle detonation (unless PIS is used)
good post

spetznaz
Oh ...something else I have always laughed at. It appears as if the shield can absorb concussive force.

LOL.

Think of all the times Cap has held the shield up to a major blast, and not even moved! E.g. that scan of his using the shield as an umbrella against a beam coming from directly above (was it from Galactus). That force, even if blocked, should have crushed him to pancake size! The shield would have been his tomb!

Also, another 'side effect' of the shield is how it seems to get BIGGER when used to block. When he is holding it or throwing it it is normal size, but let's say Cyclops let's lose a major blast, or some other major blast is thrown, and sddenly the shield seems to almost double in size (per the drawing).

Maybe Caps jobber aura extends to his shield ...the amazing superlidicious magnanisudicious expandilacious force-absorbicus wonder-shield!

Phantom Zone
No it was not. You could have said recieved MA training with out bringing up capt.

So what? Still related its not like were talking about Spiderman and web shooters. Were talking about MA training.

also spiderman recieving pure ma training is not what increased his siper senses. The guy train his spider senses directly. MA really had little to do with it.

Prove it.

Battlehammer
So what? Still related its not like were talking about Spiderman and web shooters. Were talking about MA training.

Prove it.

So now every time MA is brought up it ok to talk about capt?

Go read the issue. He clearly trains the spider senses. He does not train Spiderman in MA skill and the spider senses keeps improving. He trains the spider senses directly.

Phantom Zone
So now every time MA is brought up it ok to talk about capt?

I do it every time? Im pretty sure I could find 100s of posts about MAs without me talking about Cap, sometimes I might bring him up because alot of people aspire to him in terms of H2H.

Go read the issue. He clearly trains the spider senses. He does not train Spiderman in MA skill and the spider senses keeps improving. He trains the spider senses directly.

No I want you to prove it because as far as im concerned i'll probably read it and find out im correct.

Battlehammer
I do it every time? Im pretty sure I could find 100s of posts about MAs without me talking about Cap, sometimes I might bring him up because alot of people aspire to him in terms of H2H.
I never said you did it every time. You go "we were talking about MA" as if that some how means capt can be talked about in the thread. You acted as if becuases MA was said capt could be add in which is why I said should capt then be allowed in any thread that talks about MA.

No I want you to prove it because as far as im concerned i'll probably read it and find out im correct.
when have I said somethign and then you read it and found out what you said was correct and I was wrong when talking about an issue in which Wolverine was present? almost never.

How would you like me to prove this? you dam well know I don't have a scanner.

I find it amazing that you can saying that I am incorrect about an event that I own and have read, but you have not.

why do you assume you are correct if you have never read it? What basis do you base your claims on?

Martian_mind
Ah,Alf Vs Hammer,how i've missed thee.

Battlehammer
Oh ...something else I have always laughed at. It appears as if the shield can absorb concussive force.

LOL.

Think of all the times Cap has held the shield up to a major blast, and not even moved! E.g. that scan of his using the shield as an umbrella against a beam coming from directly above (was it from Galactus). That force, even if blocked, should have crushed him to pancake size! The shield would have been his tomb!

Also, another 'side effect' of the shield is how it seems to get BIGGER when used to block. When he is holding it or throwing it it is normal size, but let's say Cyclops let's lose a major blast, or some other major blast is thrown, and sddenly the shield seems to almost double in size (per the drawing).

Maybe Caps jobber aura extends to his shield ...the amazing superlidicious magnanisudicious expandilacious force-absorbicus wonder-shield!
lol

Phantom Zone

I find it amazing that you can saying that I am incorrect about an event that I own and have read, but you have not.

why do you assume you are correct if you have never read it? What basis do you base your claims on?

Because even when we both have scans you still dont know what you're talking about. You could at least describe what sort of training he did for his SS.

Battlehammer
Because even when we both have scans you still dont know what you're talking about. You could at least describe what sort of training he did for his SS.
Your not even making senses.

sad attempt to insult me. From what I remeber the person around her in accuratly describes events tends to be you.

It complicated. His trainer would attack him randomly every day to strength the sipder senses and over time it got stronger and stronger to the point were he knew his trainer would attack him prior to the trainer knowing.

Phantom Zone
Your not even making senses.

sad attempt to insult me. From what I remeber the person around her in accuratly describes events tends to be you.

Im doing my best!

It complicated. His trainer would attack him randomly every day to strength the sipder senses and over time it got stronger and stronger to the point were he knew his trainer would attack him prior to the trainer knowing.

Thats ma training!!!!!!! See what I mean???!!!!!

http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whatifun3.jpg

Thats not MA training???!!! This is a prime example of what im talking about.

Battlehammer
Im doing my best!

Thats ma training!!!!!!! See what I mean???!!!!!

http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whatifun3.jpg

Thats not MA training???!!! This is a prime example of what im talking about.
lol

It is and is not. Peter not being taught styles he training his spider senses. If he simply was taught straight MA he would not improve his spider sense to the levels he did. His training is all to improve his spider senses not skill.

For example if you simply granted peter a top tier MA skill level his spider senses would remian the same and at best improve slightly.

he not being train in traditional MA styles he beeing trained to improve strictly his sipder senses.

understand what I mean?

how the hell do we always get so off topic lol

Phantom Zone
lol

It is and is not. Peter not being taught styles he training his spider senses. If he simply was taught straight MA he would not improve his spider sense to the levels he did. His training is all to improve his spider senses not skill.

For example if you simply granted peter a top tier MA skill level his spider senses would remian the same and at best improve slightly.

he not being train in traditional MA styles he beeing trained to improve strictly his sipder senses.

understand what I mean?

how the hell do we always get so off topic lol

Actually I do but even if he was trained in traditional martial arts he would still improve his spider sense because it involves dealing with suprise attack especially with ninjuitsu. Also in traditional martial arts they teach you meditation which is to do with the mind and his SS is a mental power.

It also say in particular, he was still trained in ma but they focused especially on his ss. So yes its still MA training they just focused on his SS.

Battlehammer
Actually I do but even if he was trained in traditional martial arts he would still improve his spider sense because it involves dealing with suprise attack especially with ninjuitsu. Also in traditional martial arts they teach you meditation which is to do with the mind and his SS is a mental power.

It also say in particular, he was still trained in ma but they focused especially on his ss.

Not neccessarily, becuases even though it involves surprize attacks, he gain more improvement from simply patroling then studying MA in terms of spider sense. Ninjuitsu is more about being undetected though they do deal with surprize attacks again it would not amp his spider senses any faster then patrolling would.

meditation is taught in some styles not all. Also it speculation that it would improve ones spider sense. There been know issue in which it been shown to.

He was trained in no real style of combat. He was actual trained more around the lines of a CIA/KGB agent then an MA fighter. It really focused on his spider senses rather then any combat skills or styles.

Phantom Zone
Not neccessarily, becuases even though it involves surprize attacks, he gain more improvement from simply patroling then studying MA in terms of spider sense. Ninjuitsu is more about being undetected though they do deal with surprize attacks again it would not amp his spider senses any faster then patrolling would.

Er Ninjitus involves patrolling and suprise attacks.

meditation is taught in some styles not all. Also it speculation that it would improve ones spider sense. There been know issue in which it been shown to.

Ok so let me get this straight. Meditation increases the power of the mind, the SS is a mental power and its speculation that it would improve his SS?

He was trained in no real style of combat. He was actual trained more around the lines of a CIA/KGB agent then an MA fighter. It really focused on his spider senses rather then any combat skills or styles.

LOL KGB training and CIA training involves MA. Im telling you right now its been said that organizations like the CIA take tips from ninjitsu, the reason is obvious because ninjas were alot like secret agents.

Again....it said in particular so they still trained him in ma, they focused on his ss and that was part of his ma training.

Sado22
battlehammer: honestly tell me something...you made this thread to lure us out right?

Battlehammer
battlehammer: honestly tell me something...you made this thread to lure us out right?
No and I already have a good idea how you would respond to the thread.

I mean alf responded like I thought he would.

I just thought it was interesting match.

Master-Borg

I got worses problems with other memebers.

like who? confused

Battlehammer
None of your concern.

Sado22
seems you have lots of problems. the world isn't as mean as one might like to think. what goes around comes around. you having a problem with almost everyone means that there is something about you that needs to change.

~Sado

Battlehammer
seems you have lots of problems. the world isn't as mean as one might like to think. what goes around comes around. you having a problem with almost everyone means that there is something about you that needs to change.

~Sado
Actaully I have no problems at all. I fine the way I am. Just becauses you dislike me or who ever elses matters little.

Man people on this forum like me and get along with my self.

Sado22
i have no problem with you dude. its a comic book. who gives a shite. i have a problem with your debating skills. 'twas all.

Laminator_X
Frank vs Steve.

Cosigned. Frank could win in an ambush scenario like this one if he's smart, but is Steve survives long enough to engage his opponent the Captain takes a sizable majority.

Soljer
Steve, with a hefty majority.

Darth Martin
I think Punisher with prep can take Steve.

jgiant
The one hour prep gives the advantage highly in the Punishers favor, Frank wins 7/10...Cap is one tough sob though and can pull out some wins if frank leaves even the slightest opening, which he usually never does, but he is only human.

mailedbypostman
Frank realizes he has an hour to prepare for Captain America.
Frank realizes he's probably screwed if he lets it get into a fistfight and a firefight could be tricky. Frank plants c4 all over the warehouse and retreats outside. Captain America goes in warehouse. Frank presses button. Frank wins.

Wolverine2006
Well if Punisher gets an hour of prep he has a lot of power. He is a very smart man and can get almost any weapon he wants to. Especially if Cap gets no prep and is just thrown in the warehouse. I give Frank the majority here, but any other day I say that Captain America would definetely take the majority.

Sado22
word

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.