Anakin FP vs. Luke FP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Skwalker891
i don't know if this forum was made cause i just entered this site if you can tell me how to search for it tell me.. but anyway i thought about something anakin FP was suppose to be the most powerful being in the universe i am starting to question that cause people have been saying luke has the same potential as anakin and was what anakin should of been. i want your opinions who would win

take in fact... don't say anakin just cause he's powerful

- how he uses his power
- his tactics
- controll of the force
- and feelings (big thing anakin might not go hard on luke cause of his son...don't know if he would care, but)

discuss

Skwalker891
im really surprised no one commented on this thread if it's stupid just tell me but also tell me why won't get mad

Faunus
For one, full-potential Anakin never happened. If he wasn't such an asshat we would've been able to see what an older, wiser, more level-headed and experienced Anakin could've been like. This is like debating Sith Yoda vs. Jedi Palpatine: pointless.

Besides, it's been done about a thousand times before. There's a search feature.

Skwalker891
oh well thanks i didn't know

Faunus
It happens.

Dark-Jaxx
At full potential, Anakin>all. Never happened though.

Janus Marius
Potential is more than genetics; it's mental too. That's why Obi-Wan was able to school Anakin in combat and elsewhere.

0°Mandalore°0
True, Anakin was mentally and emotionally affected in his fight against Kenobi. But I have no doubt he truly believes he actually is the most powerful of the most powerful (at least his dark side self).

Janus Marius
Most powerful in Force potential of anyone who's undergone a midi-chlorian test. That's still a pretty small pool.

Lightsnake
Jedi vs. Sith confirms that the Jedi used that method since the inception of the Order, I believe. The pool just became bigger

Janus Marius
Does it? Well, I'll be... Where specifically?

Lightsnake
Let me check with Escape when he's back on? He has the book at hand, I don't. I'll find you the page number/paragraph when I can.

Darth Sexy
I have the book, what are you looking for

Janus Marius
^ That.

Darth Sexy
P.G 57. "Although the method by which the ancient jedi detected potential force users was lost to time, records indicate that the Jedi, shortly after Ruusan, either discovered or rediscovered the existence of Midichlorians. The Great Holocron confirms that the Jedi relied upon this blood analysis method up until the Jedi purge.

Darth Exodus
So Anakin might not be the best ever. I need to do some revising.

Lt. Valerian
Wasn't it stated somewhere that FP Anakin > everyone else?

Lightsnake
Ah, my error then.

Granted, Anakin's full potential does surpass any other.

The NEC says, in the old Republic section, 'a child with potential in the Force greater than any other' was discovered on Tatooine.

Lt. Valerian
Then he certainly does.

Janus Marius
NEC shouldn't be taken as gospel though, as the author is clearly in-universe and fallible. While I'm not saying Anakin couldn't have the highest potential ever (As that was certainly GL's desire, but most EU characters surpass Anakin many times over), it just seems incorrect to keep assuming he's the best in light of people like DE Sidious, Luke, Nihilus, etc.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Janus Marius
NEC shouldn't be taken as gospel though, as the author is clearly in-universe and fallible. While I'm not saying Anakin couldn't have the highest potential ever (As that was certainly GL's desire, but most EU characters surpass Anakin many times over), it just seems incorrect to keep assuming he's the best in light of people like DE Sidious, Luke, Nihilus, etc.
Well don't forget Janus, at his FP Anakin would have been twice as powerful as Sidious.

Janus Marius
As of RotS, apparently. Sidious admits in the moment that Vader will surpass him, but as of 24 years old, Anakin's abilities were not on-par with other high-end Force users.

Darth Sexy
Yea I know.. I thought we were discussing the full potential Anakin though. At any rate, this thread is pointless..

psi-aura
Quiet, ye of little faith. one could say the same for every VS thread on the internet.
Am i the only one who can grasp that we're not talking about what actually happened we're talking about if it happened?
Let me make this simpler for you to understand: imagine anakin got none of his injuries on mustafar and reached his full potential, but things from ROTS to ROTJ turned out the way they did anyway. Yoda, knowing Anakins power, trained luke to the height of his potential, and then Luke and Anakin fight on Death Star II.
Now, who would win that battle?

Red Nemesis
You realize that this thing has been dead for two years?

Necro much?

mattatom
But Yes, Anakin Wins since technically Luke should have half the potential Anakin did.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by mattatom
But Yes, Anakin Wins since technically Luke should have half the potential Anakin did.
elaborate on why your rudimentary (mis)understanding of basic mendellian heredity should apply in this situation

Lord Lucien
Two "L"s Red? Really?

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Two "L"s Red? Really?
Yes. Mendell was the Star Wars analogue to our very own Mendel. We wouldn't want to break the rules by going out-of-universe!

psi-aura
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
You realize that this thing has been dead for two years?

Necro much?

That's exactly why i had to comment, Darling.

psi-aura
elaborate on why your rudimentary (mis)understanding of basic mendellian heredity should apply in this situation

Anakin was the son of the force. Luke was just the grandson. And i personally don't believe in the Darth Plaugeis was the father theory, so don't try that.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by psi-aura
Anakin was the son of the force. Luke was just the grandson. And i personally don't believe in the Darth Plaugeis was the father theory, so don't try that.
tHESE ARE EITHER FACTS OR OPINIONS POSING AS FACTS. eVEN IF WE ACCEPT THEM AS TRUE FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT, YOU'VE YET TO ELABORATE ON WHY lUKE'S RELATION TO aNAKIN (BEING HIS SON AND ALL) SHOULD YIELD A MIDICHLORIAN COUNT HALF AS CONCENTRATED AS aNAKIN'S. sAD AS IT IS FOR US LAZY DEBATORS, FACTS RARELY SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. yOU'VE GOT TO EXPLAIN THE CONNECTION (or "warrant"wink BETWEEN YOUR FACTS AND YOUR CLAIM.

i AM AWARE THAT YOU DID NOT MAKE THE CLAIM, BUT BY RESPONDING IN THE WAY THAT YOU DID IT APPEARS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DEFEND IT. i'M INTERESTED IN THE RATIONALE BEHIND THIS SPECULATIVE IDEA THAT lUKE SHOULD HAVE 1/2 OF aNAKIN"S POTENTIAL.

psi-aura
You asked the thinking behind this:

Originally posted by mattatom

so i gave it to you. Anyways, i think that anakin would win, if only because his technique seemed more refined. yes, i know that we're talking full potential here, but still, he's the chosen one and showed promise before his training: Luke was totally new to it in ANH and didn't even seem to have the "see things before they happen" trait.
why do you talk in capitals, by the way? is it accidental or do you have something against the lowercase alphabet?

Red Nemesis
You asked the thinking behind this:

so i gave it to you.
Actually, I was asking for an explanation of why being the grandson of the Force should grant one a connection half as strong as the son of the Force. What's the mechanism there?

This is a really good point, and one that (were I arguing against your position) I would have trouble countering. good show.

I don't have accidents.

psi-aura
so far. evil face
so you do have something against the lowercase alphabet.

Red Nemesis
I should clarify: the point about young Anakin's abilities as opposed to young Luke's abilities is a good one. The idea that Anakin is more polished than adult Luke (circa Dark Empire) is laughable.

Gideon
Italicize Dark Empire or suffer the consequences....

Red Nemesis
I will not.

Gideon
You will.

psi-aura
My personal beliefs:
1. On a internet thread, you can write dark empire the hell you want.
2. I couldn't care less about what goes on in the EU.
3. Never listen to anyone with a general grievious sig.

psi-aura
I should clarify: the point about young Anakin's abilities as opposed to young Luke's abilities is a good one. The idea that Anakin is more polished than adult Luke (circa Dark Empire) is laughable.

My personal beliefs:
2. I couldn't care less about what goes on in the EU.

Lord Lucien
2. I couldn't care less about what goes on in the EU. Then why are you here? Haven't you noticed yet that it's all we talk about?

Abel
3. Never listen to anyone with a general grievious sig.

Are you gonna take that Gid?

Gideon
Ya, I'm gonna take it. Hard. And fast.

REXXXX
As far as I'm concerned, Psi, you're just trolling. I won't tolerate thread necromancy just so you can say "I don't accept anything you all say."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.