Justice League: The New Frontier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolverine2006
So's what did y'allz think of the movie, I'm getting it 2nite and will post what I think about it after I watch it.

iceman24567
Eh it was kinda corny. Since it was set back in the day almost everybody had their classic look the story was mediocre They did good with Hal Jordan, Barry Allen and Diana but Superman, Batman and The Martian Manhunter seemed off if you ask me. The Justice League cartoon series stayed true for the most part this movie seemed like it was created for World War 2 morale reasons. Ultimate Avengers 1 was better. Barry Allen was cool in the movie and Adam Strange was in it too eek! . 6/10

emporerpants
imo superman/doomsday was better.

iceman24567
Originally posted by emporerpants
imo superman/doomsday was better. Yup you are 100% correct.

roughrider
It was written by Stan Berkowitz, one of the writers & story editors from the series. His episodes were kind of stiff compared to the later episodes, when Dwayne McDuffie became the leading writer and things got more fun & bouncy.
Looks too old school for me. I prefer the new direction they went in with the series, being part of the 'Timmverse.'

Galan007
I plan on picking it up tonight..

I lover the New Frontier comic series -- so if the movie follows that, I'll like it.

grey fox
Originally posted by Galan007
I plan on picking it up tonight..

I lover the New Frontier comic series -- so if the movie follows that, I'll like it.

Same here.

Though apparently they took out the Losers segment which really disheartened me.

ragesRemorse
nothing special at all

emporerpants
all in all i was a bit disappointed with the movie. it wasn't horrible, but thats all it succeeded at: not being horrible. it could have been done much better.

Magee
I really liked it, unlike every other crappy marvel and DC feature length episode movie thing it was not 30 mins of boring crap until it got to the action it was actualy enjoyable to watch, the story and the characters were interesting and the art was great.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Magee
I really liked it, unlike every other crappy marvel and DC feature length episode movie thing it was not 30 mins of boring crap until it got to the action it was actualy enjoyable to watch, the story and the characters were interesting and the art was great.

How was the art great? At least in the Animated,Ultimate Avengers and Iron man movies the artwork was a bit more refined and detailed. There was nothing special about the artwork in, New frontier, the artwork was no different than the network cartoons. In fact, i thought the hour long specials of Justice League showcased better art. There was no story or character development. Some big thing came out of nowhere and only the unformed justice league is able to stop it. They really should have just told the story on how the justlice league was formed. I dont mean to shit all over your opinion, but im just not sure how you think this is better than Ultimate Avengers or Iron man. I dont think Ultimate Avengers or Iron is all that great, but they did fell like actual movies, rather than an extended cartoon episode.

cowboy
It was MEh im glad i found it online, although i did like the blood lol but thats about it , oh and the one cuss word

OB1-adobe
the montage with the JFK speech was the best part.

I don't know why this was so faithful to the comic and death of superman got crapped on.

THEY TOOK OUT THE BEST PART OF THE WHOLE STORY LINE

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
the montage with the JFK speech was the best part.

I don't know why this was so faithful to the comic and death of superman got crapped on.

THEY TOOK OUT THE BEST PART OF THE WHOLE STORY LINE

lol, yeah the death of superman movie was garbage. Other than Doomsday debut, and superman death scene there was no comic connection, but dont get me started on that sorry excuse of a movie. What part was left out of new frontier, though?

Galan007
Finally got around to watching it...

and despite the negatives I'd heard, I actually liked this movie quite a bit. *shrugs*

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Galan007
Finally got around to watching it...

and despite the negatives I'd heard, I actually liked this movie quite a bit. *shrugs*

Problem with animated movies is that they are just too damn short.

The characters here were just 'thrown in', and there was hardly much of a plot. And just when everything started to come together, the movie went into lightning speed and ended with everyone fighting some huge monsters that wants to, well, destroy everything. And that's it. The end.

This isn't what New Frontier was all about, right?

tjcoady
I actually liked it a lot.

I read the Darwyn Cooke series first though, and the major parts I regretted (especially as a history major specializing in American history...)

was the removal of the more negative aspects of American history. Particularly one of the early scenes where Superman confronts Wonder Woman in Cambodia. Wonder Woman cites the fact that the attacks on Cambodia (that actually took place) by American troops was/is illegal, so technically her actions took place outside of American wartime jurisdiction. That additional confusing element is removed.

And smaller things like the fight between Wildcat/Cassius Clay was changed, cleverly enough, to a fight between Wildcat and a boxer named "Cooke," as a nod to the graphic series.

I liked it a lot though... it was just the changing of minor details from the comic that I LOVED to be more palatable was a little jarring and misleading.

Also, why did Spider Jerusalem steal Captain Cold's gun?

Galan007
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
This isn't what New Frontier was all about, right? There was quite a bit more to the actual comic, depth/plot-wise -- they just trimmed off quite a bit for the movie.

The Pict
Wasn't that good.

Pretty average animated film.

batmanfan136
I thought it was pretty good i like it better than Superman Doomsday but not better than the marvel animated stuff

Allankles
I would rank the New Frontier just above ultimate avengers and below the iron man animated movie. I didn't like the doomsday movie, didn't like the Death of Superman comic either.

jcvaldez
Meh! It was ok. Most of it was too dragged out. The climax wasn't very climatic. The story reminded me more or less of the first episode of the Justice League cartoon, but not up to it's standards.

zeel
was horrible not even worth watching for free, half the heros that appeared on the cover were not even in the movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.