Revelation..spoilers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xxxpoppunker182
so what did you all think of this book?

I thought it was lame. nothing happened.

Jaina trains with Fett, jacen now goes by Darth Caedous and revealed why he killed mara, Tahari is now his apprentice, and now he is the chief of state. Luke didn't do much and ben investigated his mothers death to prove jacen killed mara and jacen admits he did.

I don't know why it was called revelation the closest thing i can come up with is that caedous reveals and admits he killed mara.

123KID
Anakin should have lived and Jacen should have died
this is canon fact

The big EH
actually that was the original plan, the writer that even killed anakin off even thought so. anakin was the strongest of the three and the other writers involved in NJO all decided that they will switch jacen and anakin's role

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
so what did you all think of this book?

I thought it was lame. nothing happened.

Jaina trains with Fett, jacen now goes by Darth Caedous and revealed why he killed mara, Tahari is now his apprentice, and now he is the chief of state. Luke didn't do much and ben investigated his mothers death to prove jacen killed mara and jacen admits he did.

I don't know why it was called revelation the closest thing i can come up with is that caedous reveals and admits he killed mara.

I haven't read the novel yet, but interesting spoilers

Darth Sexy
Like I told escape. These authors shot be fired by Lucas, then shot. Jacen's rise to power is ridiculous. He does absolutely nothing and becomes very powerful. Then he proclaims himself more powerful than Luke. Then Jaina says she and Jacen are equals and have the same force strength. Luke should have ****ing killed Jacen a long time ago, as he admits he could have if he wanted to. LOTF is a joke and against everything Lucas imagined.

Elite Hunter
Jaina says she is Jacen's equal? All I have to say is WOW

Darth Sexy
Well Jaina claims that they are twins and they are equal in the force, which isn't exactly wrong. She admits that he has more force mastery than her so all of this can be true. The whole LOTF pisses me off because it's a load of shit. Now Jacen believes Luke isn't good enough to defeat him. Someone needs to tell GL to read all of these books..

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Like I told escape. These authors shot be fired by Lucas, then shot. Jacen's rise to power is ridiculous. He does absolutely nothing and becomes very powerful. Then he proclaims himself more powerful than Luke. Then Jaina says she and Jacen are equals and have the same force strength. Luke should have ****ing killed Jacen a long time ago, as he admits he could have if he wanted to. LOTF is a joke and against everything Lucas imagined.

i think jacens rise to power is very lame but over all i don't mind the LOTF series. I like bens character the only thing i don't like is how he is afraid to tell his dad everything.

Darth Sexy
Yea but LOTF created Jacen's infallibility, which originally belonged to Anakin Solo. Without any sith teachings, Jacen magically grew exponentially powerful in the sith arts, just like that. Not only is that illogical, it shouldn't even be canon because it goes against the entire star wars idea..

Elite Hunter
What happens with the other sith?

Darth Sexy
Absolutely nothing.. Waste of $7.99..

Elite Hunter
What was the climax of the book?

Darth Sexy
I'm on the last 30 pages right now, I'll tell you. I believe it's Pallaeon getting killed by Tahiri, who was working with a few Moffs on their Coup of Pallaeon..

Elite Hunter
I'm on the last 30 pages right now, I'll tell you. I believe it's Pallaeon getting killed by Tahiri, who was working with a few Moffs on their Coup of Pallaeon..

That sounds so captivating roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blue_Hefner
Well Jaina claims that they are twins and they are equal in the force, which isn't exactly wrong. She admits that he has more force mastery than her so all of this can be true. The whole LOTF pisses me off because it's a load of shit. Now Jacen believes Luke isn't good enough to defeat him. Someone needs to tell GL to read all of these books..

They should have made James Luceno and Matthew Stover write these books.

Gideon
Mr. Luceno has always impressed me; Mr. Stover? Not as much. He has a knack for writing impressive dialogue and an intimidating Mace Windu, but tends to get caught up in the philosophy.

Blue_Hefner
That's what i like about Stover.

xxxpoppunker182
Yea but LOTF created Jacen's infallibility, which originally belonged to Anakin Solo. Without any sith teachings, Jacen magically grew exponentially powerful in the sith arts, just like that. Not only is that illogical, it shouldn't even be canon because it goes against the entire star wars idea..

i see what your sayin and i agree everything with Jacen doesn't make sense at all. I just hope Troy makes the final book good.

Darth Sexy
Yea... These 3 moronic authors have perverted the very concept and meaning of the sith, as passed down by Lucas and his staff. Not to mention Jacen has absolutely NO ties to the sith WHATSOEVER and yet he still calls him that.. Idiots..If I'm going to dedicate my time and effort into a hobby like STar Wars, they better sure as hell make sure it makes some kind of sense..

Captain REX
Another dull and mind-numbing Legacy novel. I can't wait until the series is over...

Gideon
As far as Legacy of the Force novels go, this might very well have been my favorite. The general plot regarding the subjugation of Fondor was realistic and militarily cogent, inspiring numerous side-stories and plots. Pellaeon's death is easily the most important event that occurs within the book, and though I'm pissed that Traviss has executed him, I'm also pleased that he was made a very main character. Daala's retribution upon the traitorous Moff Council and Jaina's personal vengeance on his murderer made me tingly.

Darth Sexy
How about as far as the big picture is concerned Escape?

Gideon
How about as far as the big picture is concerned Escape?

What big picture? We're all completely aware of the problems that you have with Jacen Solo and his current strata of acquired power; but the fact remains that a cogent storyline requires for an adversary to be a challenge for Luke Skywalker. The Emperor is dead, the Galactic Empire is a shadow of its former self. Just who do you think is going to rise to the challenge? Jacen has moments of brilliance and, yes, it is frustrating to see him written as incompetent some of the time, but the fact remains, he has to be a threat to Luke. It's kind've like Harry Potter. Dumbledore was made out in the books to be the only one Voldemort feared and (equipped with the Elder Wand), the only one whom Voldemort really doesn't have a realistic chance of beating in combat. Yet during the course of the series, Voldemort is always a step ahead and by HBP was winning the war against Dumbledore. Why? Because he's more cunning, he's sneakier, and can strike where Dumbledore is weak. Solo compensates for his weakness to Luke with vastly superior military might and the law and, yes, in a tactical sense, he's certainly smarter than Luke, and willing to go to greater lengths. Luke can't fight Jacen on Jacen's terms without the risk of becoming like Jacen.

When you look at it, it is rather clever. And it's interesting to see Jacen pretty much lose all the time and, yet, in the "grand scheme of things", he's still winning.

Darth Sexy
Everything you said makes perfect sense, except for why the authors couldn't give Jacen a more logical rise to power, why he couldn't have had real sith training, etc. Everything goes back to his magical powers after creating his sith name and that's still ridiculous.

Captain REX
I agree with the ridiculousness of how much power Jacen has attained as a Sith Lord with so little training in their ways, but I think Gideon just made everything else sound not quite as horribly lame.

And who would have thought it would have been thanks to a Harry Potter comparison...

Spartan XXIII
You know what? I used to LOVE the Star Wars Expanded Universe. I enjoyed reading the books that continued the stories of Luke, Han, Leia and their friends. But I think that things started to take a tumble around Vector Prime . At the start if that novel, the Skywalker and Solo families had good lives, the Solo kids had some good friends, and Luke and Mara were discussing how they wanted to have a child.

Since then, things have just gotten progressively worse. Now, Chewbacca, Anakin Solo and Mara Jade Skywalker are all de

Gideon
Originally posted by Captain REX
but I think Gideon just made everything else sound not quite as horribly lame.

And who would have thought it would have been thanks to a Harry Potter comparison...

It's because you understand that my word is law!!1!oneone!!!1!

no expression

big grin

truejedi
i gotta say, i had really liked this series right up until this book. but i agree with the guy who posted the thread when he says that nothing happened. Paelleon was dragged into a book series in which he hadn't been a part of whatsoever, and then gets killed. (what a waste of a good character) They bring Daala back from the dead, which is fine, but the overall story line is stalled. The story line is, remove Jacen from power, pretty much EVERY major character agrees this is the goal. Luke has made his peace in about three different stupid emotional places with killing Jacen, and yet he still hasn't done it. Which makes him look like a fool, because its obvious that every moment Jacen is alive, more innocent people die. Luke doesn't look like a long suffering Jedi Master, he looks like a naive, and even selfish coward. I always liked this series because they kept making it clear how luke always had the upper hand, which he well should, but now they just make him look weak. The spoilers in this forum would have been enough to know what happened in this book. That's how bad it was.

Darth Exodus
Luke's a moron in those book's
But I kinda like Jacen. Revaelation gave him the chance to calm down and I actually found some of his conversations with Tahiri to be quite sweet, for Jacen anyway.

Darth Sexy
I agree. First Luke is powerful, then weak, then powerful, then weak, this his 30 year old nephew keeps getting the best of him. These authors need to be shot.

truejedi
Jacen is way too whiny to be a credible Sith Lord. He gets beaten every time he fights anyone fairly. He shouldn't even have sith lord powers, i mean, is he what, FIGURING THEM OUT AS HE GOES? that isn't how the sith works. You don't just decide to become a sith and then become incredibly powerful. it just doesn't happen. Problem is, i'm afraid the title of the final book may be setting Jacen up to win, to feed into some dumb comic series or something like that. If Jacen kills luke, i'm over starwars, i promise you that.

Darth Exodus
Luke has to go someway.

I think that Lumiya's gonna come back, personally.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Luke has to go someway.

I think that Lumiya's gonna come back, personally.

He cut her head off. like, no head. Her coming back would be extremely unlikely wouldnt' it?

Darth Exodus
It seems a bit suspitious to me that in the book that she dies, they introduce (to my recollection) a cyborg of her that looks exactly the same.
If that's not the case then there's still the fact of her hardlight projections.

Null ARC Avis
I hope you guys realize that this is the book right before the finale. They are setting everything up for one final book. That is why the storyline seemed so stalled. Another thing is, i love this series. Shoot me down now, but i admit i am a fan of the LOTF series. I love how they bring in so many characters, and i love how Jacen tries to reason through all his decisions, how all the soldiers love him, i love all that. There are some dull and stupid parts, but overall, i like this series. and quite frankly, i dont give a rats ass about George Lucas and his original vision. I found that quite boring. The EU that everyone hated, the NJO, the LOTF, i really enjoyed. i thought it was something fresh, original, and definitely a step in the right direction.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
I hope you guys realize that this is the book right before the finale. They are setting everything up for one final book. That is why the storyline seemed so stalled. Another thing is, i love this series. Shoot me down now, but i admit i am a fan of the LOTF series. I love how they bring in so many characters, and i love how Jacen tries to reason through all his decisions, how all the soldiers love him, i love all that. There are some dull and stupid parts, but overall, i like this series. and quite frankly, i dont give a rats ass about George Lucas and his original vision. I found that quite boring. The EU that everyone hated, the NJO, the LOTF, i really enjoyed. i thought it was something fresh, original, and definitely a step in the right direction.

If you call giving Jacen as many magical powers as possible to counter Luke a step in the right direction, then I would dispute your taste in storylines.

Null ARC Avis
that is one of the few things about LOTF that i dont like but i dont think it is such a big deal that the series should be hated.

Darth Sexy
It is a big deal because it contradicts EVERY OTHER SOURCE ever made on the force..

truejedi
oh, i originally said i like the series, and thats still true, i just thought this was a really boring book is all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.