Ultimate Prep Gods War (hope you guys like this)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decimus
We have combatants given the scenario that each must come up with a plan to destroy the most formidable planners throughout creation(barring abstracts and uber,uber gods). They are brought to a neutral ground to battle when the year is up with whatever they can come up with.

The Combatants are:

Adam Warlock
Batman
Captain America (I wanted Bruce & Steve in it)
Darkside
Dr.Doom
Metron
Reed Richards
Thanos

Mindset
Captain America...really?

Anyway I say Thanos wins.

Akuki
it doesn't count unless you include The Doctor(Dr. Who) stick out tongue

gogogadgetgo
adam warlock

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Mindset
Captain America...really?

Anyway I say Thanos wins.

Cap overcame Korvac in what amounts to an extended prep-duel in the far future.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Akuki
it doesn't count unless you include The Doctor(Dr. Who) stick out tongue He would solo them easily.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Cap overcame Korvac in what amounts to an extended prep-duel in the far future.

My man smile

Also Cap was the leader of the heroes in the Civil War and actually won but decided to hand himself over.

He was the leader of the heroes in Secret Wars and numerous ocassions.

Hes outsmarted Red Skull on numerous ocassions who is a genuis amster planner and this...

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Intelligence feat

Ok let me explain whats going on here. That golden thing you see Cap wearing is supposed to restrain Skrulls. In other words he is wearing a device that is used to restrain shapeshifters. Cap has no shapeshifting powers but still figures a way out of the device. Wolverine outsmarting cap my ***

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3315/intelligence0kj6.th.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6695/intelligence1tv6.th.jpg
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7688/intelligence2bu7.th.jpg
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/8789/intelligence3jw6.th.jpg

Phantom Zone
. edit sorry.

Mindset
Yea, Cap isn't in the same league as the other people

Phantom Zone
Yea, Cap isn't in the same league as the other people

Some of them yes, he just cant build hi-tech devices. no expression

Mindset
Yea, he is not in the same league.

Phantom Zone
Yea, he is not in the same league.

No he is in the same league as some of them he just has strength and weaknesses, for example in Secret Wars Cap was chosen as leader over Reed Richards because of his overall strategy and battle tactics. However in one cirumstance where tech know how was need Cap turned to Reed for help. You cant say that Reed is better than Cap because it could be argued they are as good as ecah other but they have strength and weaknesses.

Also hes outsmarted Red Skull many a time. Can you prove that Batman is more intelligent than the Red Skull? Hell it could possiebly argued that RS has prep feats comparable to Dr Doom because he almost manged to take over Galactus's ship.

Mindset
Hey guess who is not in the same league as the rest. eek!

His name starts with Captain

Phantom Zone
I am trolling

Yup thumb up

Mindset
Oh Phantom, don't be rude.

Phantom Zone
Oh Phantom, don't be rude.

Dont be rude? I give you this as a response to your post.

No he is in the same league as some of them he just has strength and weaknesses, for example in Secret Wars Cap was chosen as leader over Reed Richards because of his overall strategy and battle tactics. However in one cirumstance where tech know how was need Cap turned to Reed for help. You cant say that Reed is better than Cap because it could be argued they are as good as ecah other but they have strength and weaknesses.

Also hes outsmarted Red Skull many a time. Can you prove that Batman is more intelligent than the Red Skull? Hell it could possiebly argued that RS has prep feats comparable to Dr Doom because he almost manged to take over Galactus's ship.

You give me this nonsense.

Hey guess who is not in the same league as the rest. eek!

His name starts with Captain

....and you say "dont be rude".

Mindset
You're too serious.

Phantom Zone
You're too serious.

Thats neither here nor there, this is a discussion forum and thats not what you're doing. If you want a joke go to the off-topic forum.

Decimus
I personally would go with Metron because of the grandmother box. Followed by Thanos and then Doom because he is human. I personally believe everyone on the list of combatants deserves to be there.

SpiderGauntlet

Yeah but after one year he won't really be able to deal with with opponents tech.

Laminator_X
On this list, Captain America and Warlock are both very different than the rest, in that they aren't technologists or the like. However, they both excel at drawing upon the skills and resources of allies in their strategies. It's kind of apples to oranges.

I might pick Reed ftw here, because he an do both, although he lacks the aggression of many on the list. I might also add that Dr. Strange (despite being at a low point lately) is the true God of Prep.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by SpiderGauntlet
Yeah but after one year he won't really be able to deal with with opponents tech.

What do you mean exactly, Cap can learn how to use tech his intelligence is very high.

SpiderGauntlet
What do you mean exactly, Cap can learn how to use tech his intelligence is very high.

Alot of these guys use Alien tech and, Doom for instance uses Tech with magic.

And Captain America turned to Reed for in Civil war.

And I don't think he could build Reed level tech in a year.

quanchi112
On this list, Captain America and Warlock are both very different than the rest, in that they aren't technologists or the like. However, they both excel at drawing upon the skills and resources of allies in their strategies. It's kind of apples to oranges.

I might pick Reed ftw here, because he an do both, although he lacks the aggression of many on the list. I might also add that Dr. Strange (despite being at a low point lately) is the true God of Prep. Thanos has become god how many times. He is the best at prep.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by SpiderGauntlet
Alot of these guys use Alien tech and, Doom for instance uses Tech with magic.

And Captain America turned to Reed for in Civil war.

And I don't think he could build Reed level tech in a year.

That doesnt matter anyway, because even if he cant use the tech he can still be very useful in the application of the tech in battle situations.

Bouboumaster
Thanos 10/10

Laminator_X
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos has become god how many times. He is the best at prep.

Depends on how you look at it. Sure, Thanos goes up to 11, but how often does he actually accomplish his goals by doing so. Thanos's most successful prep feats involve more subtle planning, obfuscation, and trickery than they do raw power.

Also keep in mind that Thanos's runs at omnipotence have all involved snatching it from someone else. He never actually sat down and made his own Cosmic Cube or whatever. That doesn't diminish the power involved, nor the ambition and drive required to seize it, but that's different from the sort of thing guys like Reed might do.

quanchi112
Depends on how you look at it. Sure, Thanos goes up to 11, but how often does he actually accomplish his goals by doing so. Thanos's most successful prep feats involve more subtle planning, obfuscation, and trickery than they do raw power.

Also keep in mind that Thanos's runs at omnipotence have all involved snatching it from someone else. He never actually sat down and made his own Cosmic Cube or whatever. That doesn't diminish the power involved, nor the ambition and drive required to seize it, but that's different from the sort of thing guys like Reed might do. Strange uses other powers from other sources as well and he uses artifact too. Thanos just acquire the ultimate artifacts and usually outdoes himself when he finds something new.

LORD B
thanos,prepped for the gaining and unification of the infinity gems

iceman24567
Thanos is overrated Metron rarely gets out of his chair to do anything i will go with Adam.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thanos is overrated Metron rarely gets out of his chair to do anything i will go with Adam. Please elaborate why.

iceman24567
Please elaborate why. Adam pretty much counters everything throw at him with out being a total ass.

quanchi112
Adam pretty much counters everything throw at him with out being a total ass. His plans failed against Thanos with the ig. Thanos killed him before. Thanos helped him defeat the Magus twice also.

iceman24567
His plans failed against Thanos with the ig. Thanos killed him before. Thanos helped him defeat the Magus twice also. What the heck does that have to do with prep stop wanking Thanos for the love of god.

Mindset
Adam pretty much counters everything throw at him with out being a total ass.

How does that make Thanos overrated?

iceman24567
How does that make Thanos overrated? Pfft the thread is about who i think is the best prepper i said Adam was he asked me to elaborate i rather not debate with him again about why i think his favorite character is overrated because he will blindly dismiss it so i elaborated about what actually matters.

Laminator_X
Strange uses other powers from other sources as well and he uses artifact too. Thanos just acquire the ultimate artifacts and usually outdoes himself when he finds something new.

Sure, the difference I'm trying to point out is that all that power doesn't make Thanos any more successful in achieving his goals, even in tales like The End where he's the protagonist.

If anything, Thanos is less-effective when god-modding than normal.

LORD B
Originally posted by LORD B
thanos,prepped for the gaining and unification of the infinity gems
also dr doom,stealing the pretcon beyonders powers one of the best prep feats ever imho.

quanchi112
What the heck does that have to do with prep stop wanking Thanos for the love of god. Because Thanos has gotten the better of Warlock and I think that is very relevant.

quanchi112
Sure, the difference I'm trying to point out is that all that power doesn't make Thanos any more successful in achieving his goals, even in tales like The End where he's the protagonist.

If anything, Thanos is less-effective when god-modding than normal. My point is when Thanos wants something he gets it and is much more successful when seeking power than most.

iceman24567
Because Thanos has gotten the better of Warlock and I think that is very relevant. Well i don't because like i said Thanos is overrated not only that but Warlock doesn't have that whole conqueror theme going on which Thanos fails at ultimately.

quanchi112
Well i don't because like i said Thanos is overrated not only that but Warlock doesn't have that whole conqueror theme going on which Thanos fails at ultimately. Ok I know that Thanos is a villain/antihero and in the end he has to lose. What villain doesnt lose eventually? When the have faced off Thanos has won. Which makes him better.

iceman24567
In your opinion but i think Warlock overall is the better prepper and like i said i choose not to debate with you about your favorite character because it's the thread flooded with the same crap other threads have died from.

quanchi112
In your opinion but i think Warlock overall is the better prepper and like i said i choose not to debate with you about your favorite character because it's the thread flooded with the same crap other threads have died from. Well....thats fine. I have made my points about them going head to head and Thanos killing him. Feel free to have your own opinion.

Laminator_X
Well....thats fine. I have made my points about them going head to head and Thanos killing him. Feel free to have your own opinion.

That confrontation, while decisive wrt their physical might, has little to do with the question at hand. Warlock wasn't a significant strategist at that point in his life, and he busted in on Thanos. Thanos (whose snuff out the stars one-by-one plan was less than his best work as well) blasted him and he went down.

There was no strategy involved there at all from either one of them. They just went at it.

quanchi112
That confrontation, while decisive wrt their physical might, has little to do with the question at hand. Warlock wasn't a significant strategist at that point in his life, and he busted in on Thanos. Thanos (whose snuff out the stars one-by-one plan was less than his best work as well) blasted him and he went down.

There was no strategy involved there at all from either one of them. They just went at it. Ok...But Warlocks plans failed entirely against Thanos during the ig affair.

Laminator_X
Ok...But Warlocks plans failed entirely against Thanos during the ig affair.

Not so. Warlock would've been pleased as punch if the Hero-Army, the Surfer's Snatch, or the Space-God Squad had succeeded, but he says on-panel that he never expected them to. He explicitly states that those were all just intended to goad Thanos into getting carried away and making a mistake; which he did.

Symmetric Chaos
Adam Warlock
Batman
Captain America
Darkside
Dr.Doom
Metron
Reed Richards
Thanos

They're all so completely different.

I'd have to go with Metron, Doom or Reed for crazy tech (bias wants me to say Metron but Reed and Doom have some wacky fearts)
Tactics go to Warlock IMO
Desperately stealing artifacts to gain incompetently used power goes to Thanos
Big crazy evil plans that end in comical failure go to Darksied

quanchi112
Not so. Warlock would've been pleased as punch if the Hero-Army, the Surfer's Snatch, or the Space-God Squad had succeeded, but he says on-panel that he never expected them to. He explicitly states that those were all just intended to goad Thanos into getting carried away and making a mistake; which he did. Thanos defeated himself. Warlock had nothing to do with it. Unless you are suggesting that he intended for Nebula to get the ig. He knew about Thanos' subconscious weakness at the time but did nothing through planning to stop Thanos.

Phantom Zone
I hate to say this but isnt Thanos taking over the universe...PIS.

quanchi112
I hate to say this but isnt Thanos taking over the universe...PIS. How many times has he done it? How can it be pis? Is the ig pis or the hotu?

Phantom Zone
How many times has he done it? How can it be pis? Is the ig pis or the hotu?

Yeah but why wasnt he stopped before he got the ig, dont these beings have cosmic awarness?

Laminator_X
Thanos defeated himself. Warlock had nothing to do with it. Unless you are suggesting that he intended for Nebula to get the ig. He knew about Thanos' subconscious weakness at the time but did nothing through planning to stop Thanos.

He didn't intend Nebula specifically to get it, but yes that was the plan. He knew Thanos would be able to stop him if he tried the trick he used against Nebula, so his overall strategy was to keep Thanos riled-up and off-balance to the point where he would succumb to his self-sabotage complex and the power would fall into less competant hands (so to speak) whom Warlock could overcome with his superior Gem skills.

Re-read the conversation he and Thanos have on Earth after Nebula steals the Gauntlet, and the conversations near the end. Warlock spells it out fairly clearly.

quanchi112
He didn't intend Nebula specifically to get it, but yes that was the plan. He knew Thanos would be able to stop him if he tried the trick he used against Nebula, so his overall strategy was to keep Thanos riled-up and off-balance to the point where he would succumb to his self-sabotage complex and the power would fall into less competant hands (so to speak) whom Warlock could overcome with his superior Gem skills.

Re-read the conversation he and Thanos have on Earth after Nebula steals the Gauntlet, and the conversations near the end. Warlock spells it out fairly clearly. Warlock knew he would lose it eventually and just because he could foresee this outcome it doesnt mean he had anything to do with it. Thanos gave it up.

quanchi112
Yeah but why wasnt he stopped before he got the ig, dont these beings have cosmic awarness? He faked his own death right before he assembled the ig. It happened in the Silver Surfer book.

King_Mungi
He faked his own death right before he assembled the ig. It happened in the Silver Surfer book.

.....now isn't that dishonorable there Quan? As per your comments in the other thread erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by King_Mungi
.....now isn't that dishonorable there Quan? As per your comments in the other thread erm Its about the context my friend. Thanos hadnt entered some duel under some warrior code. erm

King_Mungi
Its about the context my friend. Thanos hadnt entered some duel under some warrior code. erm

Funny how you said warriors have an unwritten code, so Thanos now is the exception? Hmmm...

quanchi112
Funny how you said warriors have an unwritten code, so Thanos now is the exception? Hmmm... Uhm when has someone challenged Thanos and he had to accept because of some code. If you want to ignore Orions challenge of Himon or his conflicts with Darkseid thats fine by me. I have on panel proof while you have nothing at all. wink

King_Mungi
Uhm when has someone challenged Thanos and he had to accept because of some code. If you want to ignore Orions challenge of Himon or his conflicts with Darkseid thats fine by me. I have on panel proof while you have nothing at all. wink

Funny how you said in the other thread there is an unwritten rule, but now your changing your arguement. On-panel proof? Show me.

quanchi112
Funny how you said in the other thread there is an unwritten rule, but now your changing your arguement. On-panel proof? Show me. Not changing it. There is a code these warriors live by. Again its in new gods 6. Himon came because he is a warrior. Lots of the new gods accept challenges because of the warrior code. Supes challenged Ds and in that battle it seemed as if it was more than hand to hand. Ds agreed to give him what he wanted after because he lost. Its about the code man. Ds said if he wanted Apokolips it would be his. wink

King_Mungi
Not changing it. There is a code these warriors live by. Again its in new gods 6. Himon came because he is a warrior. Lots of the new gods accept challenges because of the warrior code. Supes challenged Ds and in that battle it seemed as if it was more than hand to hand. Ds agreed to give him what he wanted after because he lost. Its about the code man. Ds said if he wanted Apokolips it would be his. wink

So where is this on-panel evidence? I'm waiting.

quanchi112
So where is this on-panel evidence? I'm waiting. It is in new gods 6. Its why Himon accepted his challenge because Orion said hes a warrior and lives by the code basically.

King_Mungi
It is in new gods 6. Its why Himon accepted his challenge because Orion said hes a warrior and lives by the code basically.

That's nice, but thats a warriors code not a New God code. Hell I can challenge anyone to a fight, and if they turn it down I can call them a chicken. ZOMG..I'm a New God

quanchi112
That's nice, but thats a warriors code not a New God code. Hell I can challenge anyone to a fight, and if they turn it down I can call them a chicken. ZOMG..I'm a New God I said a warriors code. Look at what you quoted. It is a warriors code that some of the new gods live by. big grin

King_Mungi
I said a warriors code. Look at what you quoted. It is a warriors code that some of the new gods live by. big grin

Key word "some", as Highfather has accepted a challenge and faked his death. Orion pretended to be seriously hurt on death's bed to be a symbol of a revolt. I guess they arn't true warriors either eh?

quanchi112
Key word "some", as Highfather has accepted a challenge and faked his death. Orion pretended to be seriously hurt on death's bed to be a symbol of a revolt. I guess they arn't true warriors either eh? Highfather,Ds,and Orion all live by this code. And I said some so again you agree with me. I would have to see scans of what you are talking about specifically.

King_Mungi
Highfather,Ds,and Orion all live by this code. And I said some so again you agree with me. I would have to see scans of what you are talking about specifically.

It's a warriors code, but no ONE has said they are dishonest. So like I said I guess all the New Gods are dishonorable as they have broken the code eh? Orion pretended to be on deaths door in the Hunger Gods annual, which he pretended to be the living emodiment of the Live Equation to cause a revolt on Apokolips. Highfather instead of fighting destroyed New Genesis to trick Darkseid from the same issue.

quanchi112
It's a warriors code, but no ONE has said they are dishonest. So like I said I guess all the New Gods are dishonorable as they have broken the code eh? Orion pretended to be on deaths door in the Hunger Gods annual, which he pretended to be the living emodiment of the Live Equation to cause a revolt on Apokolips. Highfather instead of fighting destroyed New Genesis to trick Darkseid from the same issue. I havent read those instances. It seems like they all deceive each other.

King_Mungi
I havent read those instances. It seems like they all deceive each other.

Exactally, they doesn't mean their dishonorable as even the most honorable such as Captain America has done not so squeeky clean things in his career. Yet no one says he is dishonorable,

quanchi112
Exactally, they doesn't mean their dishonorable as even the most honorable such as Captain America has done not so squeeky clean things in his career. Yet no one says he is dishonorable, Well, I guess if they all do it then he isnt dishonorable in that instance. I didnt know about the other challenges.

King_Mungi
Well, I guess if they all do it then he isnt dishonorable in that instance. I didnt know about the other challenges.

Lightray also pretended to die to protect a human who possessed part of the anti-life equation in a DC Comics presents story.

quanchi112
Lightray also pretended to die to protect a human who possessed part of the anti-life equation in a DC Comics presents story. Ok....I am sure characters deceive each other all the time. I just viewed Ds and his throwing the match as crappy...but I guess the new gods like to deceive each other and the hell with the warrior code.

iceman24567
Thanos is overrated Metron rarely gets out of his chair to do anything i will go with Adam. Qft Happy Dance

King_Mungi
Ok....I am sure characters deceive each other all the time. I just viewed Ds and his throwing the match as crappy...but I guess the new gods like to deceive each other and the hell with the warrior code.

Pretty much, they stick it most of the time, but bend the rules for their personal benefit

quanchi112
Pretty much, they stick it most of the time, but bend the rules for their personal benefit Fine they are all dishonorable. stick out tongue

Mr. Slippyfist
What's everyone arguing about?

It's obvious Cap wins.

Tony Stark
Exactally, they doesn't mean their dishonorable as even the most honorable such as Captain America has done not so squeeky clean things in his career. Yet no one says he is dishonorable,

Just ask Tony... (Civil War)

Overall prep list goes like this.

#1 Mr. Fantastic/Doom
#2 THANOS
#3 Iron Man
#4 Batman

yes

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Just ask Tony... (Civil War)

Overall prep list goes like this.

#1 Mr. Fantastic/Doom
#2 THANOS
#3 Iron Man
#4 Batman

yes Why do you have Doom and Reed above Thanos? Thanos has beaten Doom to the punch in the end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.