Sonic too old for todays gameing ??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Is Sonic the Hedgehog too old for todays gameing ? Hes been around nearly 15 years now . With Very high CGI violance and bad langauge in todays games I think sonic should call it a day.

@st
Mario is still going strong with all the violence and mature content around, the only reason Sonic is fading is because his games are trash.

Yoshi Paradise
Not all of them are trash.

Some of them are actually good.

coolmovies
Looks outdated

@st
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Not all of them are trash.

Some of them are actually good.

His GBA/DS games are, all his 3D games are(including Secret Rings before someone runs in screaming).

jaden101
Originally posted by coolmovies
Is Sonic the Hedgehog too old for todays gameing ? Hes been around nearly 15 years now . With Very high CGI violance and bad langauge in todays games I think sonic should call it a day.

i dont get what your point is...is it that any game that doesn't have violence or bad language isn't worth playing

you also mention in another post about a game "looking outdated"

since when does what a game look like determine whether it's any good or not?

playability should be no 1 always...and sonic games have always had it

Neo Darkhalen
His DS and PSP games are doing well, they are good games, his 3D ones of late have been poor.

@st
I dont understand the arguement of not fitting in with the voilence and language, when the even more family friendly Mario won a handful of GOTY awards last year.

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by @st
I dont understand the arguement of not fitting in with the voilence and language, when the even more family friendly Mario won a handful of GOTY awards last year.

Me, either.

Certain gamers like to play games that don't have a bunch of violence and profanity in them.

cool I'm one of those gamers.

SaTsuJiN
Sonic has a chance.. he just needs a dev team that knows what the hell they're doing.. sonic team has very much lost their touch

ESB -1138

So games have to have violence and bad language to be playable? Sonic tried that...it's called Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 and they were some of the worse games I have ever played.

Seriously are you saying Mario should call it a day after the release one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time; Galaxy?

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
sonic team has very much lost their touch

thumb up At least they're good at making video game soundtracks.

Thunder Fox
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
thumb up At least they're good at making video game soundtracks. thats about it no expression

Neo Darkhalen
The sonic Rush series for DS is one of the best Sonic series around.

coolmovies
when sonic first come to gaming in the 90s the games had no CGI violance
or bad langauge. He was famouse back then now his popularaty has gone down becouse there are better games then sonic

Neo Darkhalen
Some of the best games this year are games that have been going since the 80's.

@st
If there was a "VERY GOOD" Sonic game on consoles, I think he would be right back on the map. I say "very good", because as far as his games have sunk, just a good game wont work.

Also, I think Smash Bros will bring a little of his shine back.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by @st
If there was a "VERY GOOD" Sonic game on consoles, I think he would be right back on the map. I say "very good", because as far as his games have sunk, just a good game wont work.

Also, I think Smash Bros will bring a little of his shine back.

I hope so, they need to make a good 3D sonic game, with simple controls, a good simple story, and Make Eggman a villain again I think they can pull it off.

coolmovies
Even if it was 3D it would not be as good as halo 3, call of duty 4 and other games

@st
Why not? Sonic can be in a game that good, maybe not with its current developers, but it could happen.

Yoshi Paradise
The upcoming Sonic RPG might be a smash hit.

coolmovies
sonic is old fashion

SaTsuJiN
So's mario.. he's still doing just fine

unless you meant sonic's gameplay not evolving.. then sure

@st
sonic is old fashion

Do you have any real reasons other than he is old?

coolmovies
nope

Neo Darkhalen
If done right, Sonic can go right back up the charts, just like he did at the start, along with his blast processing power.

@st
nope

So basically Halo and CoD and anything with blood and guns is cool, old and colorful is gay? Good for you bro. no expression

Neo Darkhalen
Halo 3 is an example of a rushed, over hyped game that fails in almost every way. Sonic is a legend and provides great game-play (2D versions) with great characters, colorful backdrops and glamorous graphics and scenery.

coolmovies
sorry mate

Lana
when sonic first come to gaming in the 90s the games had no CGI violance
or bad langauge. He was famouse back then now his popularaty has gone down becouse there are better games then sonic

Um...have you played any old games from the early 90s? Because, yeah, there was violence in games then. Does the name "Mortal Kombat", the entire reason the ESRB even exists, mean anything?

Sonic is not outdated. I have Sonic downloaded off Live Arcade on my 360. It's still awesome. They haven't made any decent Sonic games recently, but it doesn't stop Sonic from being one of the most popular game characters ever created.

Games don't need violence, shooting, and swearing to be good.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Lana
Um...have you played any old games from the early 90s? Because, yeah, there was violence in games then. Does the name "Mortal Kombat", the entire reason the ESRB even exists, mean anything?

Sonic is not outdated. I have Sonic downloaded off Live Arcade on my 360. It's still awesome. They haven't made any decent Sonic games recently, but it doesn't stop Sonic from being one of the most popular game characters ever created.

Games don't need violence, shooting, and swearing to be good.

They just need good gameplay, good controls and to look nice. smile

Lana
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
They just need good gameplay, good controls and to look nice. smile

I'll be honest - I haven't actually PLAYED a Sonic game since the ones made on the Genesis stick out tongue

Neo Darkhalen
I'll be honest - I haven't actually PLAYED a Sonic game since the ones made on the Genesis stick out tongue

The Rush series for DS are very good, they keep the traditions of the old sonic games but they mix it with modern 3D aspects, they keep a good balance, worthy successors to the Genesis era.

General Kaliero
Don't bother, Dark, I've been on her to try Rush for ages. stick out tongue

ESB -1138

You have a DS yes? Then go pick up Sonic Rush and/or Sonic Rush Adventure! Sure it's not an RPG but the games are fun and when Sonic Chronicles comes out...it's an RPG hint, hint.

Lana
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Don't bother, Dark, I've been on her to try Rush for ages. stick out tongue

No you haven't, you've said like twice I should get it stick out tongue

ESB -1138
No you haven't, you've said like twice I should get it stick out tongue

GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lana
I have too many partially-played games already and right now can't afford to buy any more. So it's not happening any time soon stick out tongue

ESB -1138
Then find someone (smaller, weaker, and maybe white) who is playing Sonic Rush and mug him/her.

ragesRemorse
I think Mario fails because it tries to hard to re-invent itself with each new game. either that, or it doesnt try hard enough. 3D hasnt been kind to Sonic. I can think of only one sonic game that actually did an ok job in transferring the Sonic Philosophy to the 3D world. The first Sonic game for Gamecube. Sonic gameplay always feels broken and counter intuitive. I think Sonic could flourish in todays gaming. If a development team could ever produce a seamless and engaging game. I think we would see more than just the fanboys buying the games.

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Then find someone (smaller, weaker, and maybe white) who is playing Sonic Rush and mug him/her.

...She could just borrow it from someone.

Neo Darkhalen
I would recommend the two Rush games, they are the saving grace of the lest fortunate 3D games he has appeared in of late.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I think Mario fails

Mario failed at what? Do you mean Sonic?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Mario failed at what? Do you mean Sonic?

indeed sad

Kapton JAC
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I think Mario fails because it tries to hard to re-invent itself with each new game. either that, or it doesnt try hard enough. 3D hasnt been kind to Sonic. I can think of only one sonic game that actually did an ok job in transferring the Sonic Philosophy to the 3D world. The first Sonic game for Gamecube. Sonic gameplay always feels broken and counter intuitive. I think Sonic could flourish in todays gaming. If a development team could ever produce a seamless and engaging game. I think we would see more than just the fanboys buying the games.

I enjoy Sonic for casual gaming. Nothing amasing.

Smasandian
No, just need a better developer and some new ideas.

Kapton JAC
Hopefully Bioware will pull through with the Sonic RPG. They haven't let us down yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.